Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Ekweremadu: Nemesis Of Failed Representation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu: Nemesis Of Failed Representation (288 Views)

Reports Of Failed Portions Of Third Mainland Bridge Are False - FG / Throwback Cartoon Of Failed Promises By Buhari On A Loaf Of Bread- Photo / Ambode: Lagos Invaded By Indigenes Of Failed States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Nemesis Of Failed Representation by Ennovate(m): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
I feel sorry for the Ekweremadus on the basis of our common humanity. The motive that drove their actions was to save their daughter's life, a very difficult place for any parent to be. Given the severe paucity of willing and available organ donors, it is impossible for me to think I would fold my hands especially when I have means. Very difficult, impossible perhaps.

Unfortunately, it happened in a clime where this is a crime. Additionally, it underscores the necessity for anyone who finds themselves in a position of authority to lend their voices, their resolve and actions to that which serves the interest of the society at large rather than personal interests. With the 12 years he dominated SE politics as Deputy President of the Nigerian Senate, Ike would have been able to influence public health policy and direction such that he would have no need to pursue organ transplant outside Nigeria. He didn't and he is now a casualty of his selfish, greedy and extremely covetous tenure as a ranking legislator. And as much as I would love to see significant corruption convictions and loot recovery from corrupt politicians (they all are, to the last man), this is not the sort of conviction that I could celebrate.

However, I find this commentary necessary because of the contemporary and often hypocritical rush to air unweighted and unreasoned opinion on every issue in a most pretentious manner. There are many who would slaughter another person's child to extract the kidneys to transplant and save their child if it were possible and they thought no one will know.

I hope his daughter finds a compliant organ to help her stay alive or the inner strength and grace to go through the concluding stages of her early life if all else fails. Unlike the biblical god, there can be no moral justification to visit the sins of parents on their children.

By Ugochukwu Ebu

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02XZVZVt9fF9dMSZvuEAvJycrG5ZertzH1i7UMZ7RsUWahEpQX5fQ5wGUFG6T8dyLbl&id=1631305525&mibextid=Nif5oz
Re: Ekweremadu: Nemesis Of Failed Representation by SLAP44: 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2023
Nemesis of standing against a person anointed by God.

Ekweremadu travails started when he spoke against Peter Obi.

(1) (Reply)

Labour Party (LP) Reacts To Plot To Install Interim Government / Who Is The Real Drug Lord. Check This Out / Makinde Renames State-owned Technical University After Predecessor, Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.