Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders (24361 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load / Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol / NEC Recommends ₦302 Per Litre Petrol Price By February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by patrickcollins: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2023
Sammy07:

Dangote refinery should be fully ready before government remove subsidy.

Imagine, the crude oil we have here, we take it outside the country to refine, then they sell it back to us. angry sad

Once dangote refinery is ready, govt should try to use the subsidy money or by all means make all available refinery to be active and functional.
Even dangote is a business man his refined oil won't come cheap just like his cement, I am disappointed that Nigeria Government can't build or maintain our refineries but have above 300billion every four years for elections
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Probity100: 9:00am On Mar 27, 2023
Islie:
Deregulation: Brace for N750/Litre Petrol When Subsidy is Removed, Stakeholders Tell Nigerians

*Want govt to channel savings from subsidy to provision of palliatives for masses

*25 Nigerian crude shipments struggle to find buyers in Europe as French strike continues

*More than half of Nigerian export impacted by latest development

*Try oil thieves for treason, ex-Naval policy chief urges FG

*Says govt not doing enough to curtail oil saboteurs

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/03/27/deregulation-brace-for-n750-litre-petrol-when-subsidy-is-removed-stakeholders-tell-nigerians/amp/

750 what? These people want to set Nigeria on fire!
Two years ago, we were told that by removal of subsidy, we should be paying around 200naira per litre. Sometime late last uear the Hon Minister of state for Petroleum said we may pay up to 350 naira per litre. Now, they are speculating 750 naira per litre.

You people want to cause war in this country. That price is more than enough to shatter country into pieces. Nigerians have reached their breakpoint!

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by frowland(m): 9:01am On Mar 27, 2023
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
Last last, everybody will be alright. Increasing the price is not my problem because I know some people with low IQ will come online and be shouting that developed countries buys fuel like 1k and blablabla. My issue is, what will be the benefits of the citizens, will salary, both private and government increase with like 200% to sustain families? What will be the advantage citizens will benefit from government? Won't they still embezzle the money and go free? Nigeria need a lot to answer. I dedicate this my FTC to all obidients, batfied and atikulate fans. One Nigeria. God bless us all. But I want to make one thing clear , each and everyone conscience will judge him/her. If truly u want better country for ur next generation, and not for selfish interest, ur conscience will judge u.

Removing subsidy and increasing salary is counter productive as that will push up inflation rate (more money in our pocket vs less goods in the market).
What you do after removing subsidy/subsidies is to channel the excess revenue in improving the overall well being of the citizens (Electricity, roads, Business loans, Health and Education).
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Spray(m): 9:03am On Mar 27, 2023
Sammy07:

This government Will be over in 2 months.

Its the next govt that can tell you that

They should wait for the next govt then
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by vivalavida(m): 9:03am On Mar 27, 2023
Na to sell my car be that naa
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by system21: 9:03am On Mar 27, 2023
itsene:
The price will fall later.
The government just needs the courage to endure the first few months of hardship.
Subsidy MUST end.
Just like the price of kerosene and diesel has fall

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by masakanate: 9:03am On Mar 27, 2023
What will be their gain?
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by seguno2: 9:03am On Mar 27, 2023
madridguy:
The protest go mad.... When we don't have steady power supply and you want to take fuel to 750 naira so when NEPA start their madness person go dey carry 6,000 naira for 8 litres of fuel to power gen... E no go easy at all.

Stop joking around. Did you not campaign for Tinubu and APC to continue their daylight robbery of Nigerians?

2023: We’ll remove fuel subsidy even if Nigerians protest – Tinubu

December 23, 2022

The former governor said if elected he would take bold decisions that would turn the nation’s economy around.

Tinubu declared that Nigeria would not continue to subsidise fuel consumption in neighbouring countries.

“How can we subsidise the fuel consumption of Cameroon, Niger, Benin Republic?

“No matter how long you protest, we are going to remove the fuel subsidy”, he vowed

https://dailypost.ng/2022/12/23/2023-well-remove-fuel-subsidy-even-if-nigerians-protest-tinubu/?amp=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:06am On Mar 27, 2023
At the very least, fix power before deregulating.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by fakosheTim: 9:07am On Mar 27, 2023
??!
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Dreamhighnow(m): 9:08am On Mar 27, 2023
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
not only government workers salary, they must compulsory it for private sectors also to increase staff salaries.
government is not helping private sectors in anyway. Infact they are killing the private sector more and more

If only electricity is stable m. The money use for plants and generator by some companies can boost salary etc

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 27, 2023
We need local refineries first before subsidy removal.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by adigun4mee(m): 9:13am On Mar 27, 2023
I swear,Na to comot this shit hole country.perhaps our government did not know that the poverty rate is above 50% and secondly,is it everyone that is working with either private or public sector because ppl are now clamoring for increment
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by fabolouz1(m): 9:15am On Mar 27, 2023
All these bunkums will just come out with spurious figures and at the end of the day ,their collaborators will use that template for the price and we do nothing about it.
One asked how the arrive at the figures.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Chatflick(m): 9:17am On Mar 27, 2023
Lipscomb:
Just shut up which peter obi are you shouting? The same peter has largest supermarket in the whole of Abuja UK landlord at age of 30s. Yet his sources of incoming is unknown before becoming governor.

Peter obi a philosophy graduate turn to overnight accountant without a specific place he worked?
You said Peter Obi doesn't have a specific place he worked? It's either you are a stupid child or a stupid adult. All the same, stupidity is in you. You are just an imb€cile trying to stay relevant.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Sammy07: 9:18am On Mar 27, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#770077][/color]

Are you saying that as a country Nigeria can't build a refinery? What is happening to Nigeria? If an individual can, why can't a country? GEJ, Buhari, Obj, all the heads of state alive or dead will never go Scot free.

They all looted the funds
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Scoutvibe: 9:18am On Mar 27, 2023
Ventura1:
I could safely assume these are the people benefiting from subsidy, reasons they are making incitive statement to sow fear in the minds of Nigerians to resist the removal.
what are you even talking about self. those money used for subsidy if removed where will the money go to? another private pocket abi.
the subsidy is only thing a common can benefit from the federal government. ₦750 per litre you want us to die.
for saying this I now know that you are not presently in this country or this hardship will boom your family.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Sammy07: 9:18am On Mar 27, 2023
PDJT:

-See you. You think equipments, tools and the expertise needed to run a 21st century refinery will not be sourced with hard currencies?
-I put it to you that Dangote products will be more expensive to buy than foreign products. The insurance that company will be paying to run such a business in that volatile environment would be humongous.

Wellllllll.
We'll see how it goes sha
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by EgunMogaji2: 9:20am On Mar 27, 2023
N750 is a bit high. N500/liter is good enough. Hopefully the side effect will be less vehicles on the roads and all those ratclap vehicles will be retired.

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by EgunMogaji2: 9:22am On Mar 27, 2023
PDJT:

-See you. You think equipments, tools and the expertise needed to run a 21st century refinery will not be sourced with hard currencies?
-I put it to you that Dangote products will be more expensive to buy than foreign products. The insurance that company will be paying to run such a business in that volatile environment would be humongous.

I don’t understand how people are happily advertising their properties for sale for being near a refinery.

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Lipscomb(m): 9:23am On Mar 27, 2023
Instead to provide a non arguable answer they will rather insult you I'm not surprised.
Chatflick:

You said Peter Obi doesn't have a specific place he worked? It's either you are a stupid child or a stupid adult. All the same, stupidity is in you. You are just an imb€cile trying to stay relevant.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Chatflick(m): 9:25am On Mar 27, 2023
Lipscomb:
Instead to provide a non arguable answer they will rather insult you I'm not surprised.
Since you're so dumb, Google is your friend. To slap you dey hungry me
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Nato008(m): 9:28am On Mar 27, 2023
Sammy07:

I take an exception to this.

One thing I know about asiwaju is.
1. Revenue will increase

2. Productivity and capable hands will take over.

One thing I know about Obi is.

1. Lots of expenditures and expenses will reduce

2. Revenue won't be that high but will significantly increase because of reduction of cost
So lemme ask u an honest question, what is then the benefit revenue increasing and expenses and co increasing with it, will it not be like going in circles...plus u not factored in corruption, cause revenue can increase all it wants but as long as we can't reduce corruption.....we are doomed
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by saysoo: 9:31am On Mar 27, 2023
JASONjnr:
My only concerned is what the subsidy money will be used for .....

It should be shared to all Nigerians....

At least people can better their life with it monthly....

If not, everybody go see shegeBanza.....
Guy no be small shege we go see. You no see the palliative up there? Another stealing technique.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by colestephan86: 9:33am On Mar 27, 2023
Islie:
Deregulation: Brace for N750/Litre Petrol When Subsidy is Removed, Stakeholders Tell Nigerians

*Want govt to channel savings from subsidy to provision of palliatives for masses

*25 Nigerian crude shipments struggle to find buyers in Europe as French strike continues

*More than half of Nigerian export impacted by latest development

*Try oil thieves for treason, ex-Naval policy chief urges FG

*Says govt not doing enough to curtail oil saboteurs

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/03/27/deregulation-brace-for-n750-litre-petrol-when-subsidy-is-removed-stakeholders-tell-nigerians/amp/
I doubt if the price will go that high.
That's why the dangote refinery is fast coming into completion
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by OnyesomJ(m): 9:34am On Mar 27, 2023
Subsidy is organize Crime.... PO
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by stevups(m): 9:36am On Mar 27, 2023
Marketers are the one enjoying the subsidy benefits..pl remove it

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:39am On Mar 27, 2023
The refineries being budgeted for year in and year out.
Sammy07:

If na me.
The subsidy money should be used to revive more refineries in the country. Kaduna and Rivers
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Epinbiz(m): 9:41am On Mar 27, 2023
Lol chaii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record / Shettima Ali Monguno Is Dead / Falana Knocks Obasanjo, Attacks Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.