Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol (26797 Views)

Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut / Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load / Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Kuginzi: 7:36am On Jun 29, 2023
Oil marketers have projected that the pump price of petrol could rise above N700 per litre in Northern Nigeria starting from July.

The National Controller Operations, Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, Mike Osatuyi, told The PUNCH on Wednesday that prices could rise to above N700 in the north once independent marketers start importing products from July.

[/b]He said while those living in the [b]northern states could pay as much as N700 and above for one litre of petrol, those outside Lagos should expect to pay around N610, as residents in Lagos would pay about N600 per litre.

“What I am seeing is around N600 and above, depending on the exchange rate, the current crude price at the international market and the landing cost. Those in Lagos will pay around N600, those outside Lagos around N600 plus, while those in the north would be paying anything from N700 and above,” he said.

The downstream sector currently awaits fresh petroleum products as the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority continues to licence operators willing to get involved in the importation business.

The Executive Secretary, Depot and Petroleum Products Marketers Association of Nigeria, Olufemi Adewole, told The PUNCH on Tuesday that the NMDPRA was currently licensing more importers.

He said arrangements were on full speed for fresh products from July, adding that prices of products would depend on market fundamentals.

"Where do countries like Ghana, Benin, and Cameroun get their products from? Is it not from Nigeria?,” he asked, making reference to products being smuggled from Nigeria to neighbouring countries.

“Prices of products will depend on market fundamentals, and as we speak, the Nigeria Customs Service is delaying some AGO (diesel) vessels because of the 7.5 per cent VAT.

“And don’t forget, any cost incurred by marketers would be added to landing cost, and then to the pump price. The marketer would also have to add profit because they must make profit,” he said.

A former chairman of the Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria, and Chief Executive Officer/Chairman of 11 Plc, Tunji Oyebanji, during a chat on Monday, said consumers should expect new pump prices close to that of diesel, and those of neigbouring African countries that also import petrol.
https://punchng.com/marketers-project-n700-litre-petrol/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Parachoco: 7:43am On Jun 29, 2023
Absolute Majority Of Nigerians are ready to suffer Today and Enjoy Tomorrow

17 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Emir8: 7:47am On Jun 29, 2023
Oh God! It's in the nature of all Nigerians to exploit others when having the opportunity. The Buhari govt claims that they are paying 255 naira subsidy on every litre. When that is removed, a litre should be about 395 naira but exploiters have increased it. We shall survive

148 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by visaclick: 7:48am On Jun 29, 2023
Look at that fool saying nigerians are willing to suffer today. Tinubu’s people are really handling this PR very well and no wonder pictures of his son as he is always plugged to a powerbank, always online defending his father’s bad leadership schemes.

298 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by mrvitalis(m): 7:51am On Jun 29, 2023
I said it here ... Trust me we might get to 850 before year ends

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Babzrockman: 7:52am On Jun 29, 2023
Na to park my car nah

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by MXrep: 7:54am On Jun 29, 2023
I pity the North with their already impoverished population.

134 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by mrvitalis(m): 7:59am On Jun 29, 2023
Removing subsidy was a good idea ( they borrowed) but now they don't know absolutely what to do to stabilize the economy

Developmental economics is a balancing art

FB should have rolled Out a 5 trillion naira soft credit to banks ( commercial and micro finance) to give to specific key sectors to either
1) produce what we import
2) produce what we can export

To get the loan

1) your business must be viable banks would make sure of that

2) employ a minimum amount of people

3) serve us or earn us a certain amount of foreign exchange

This would straighten naira... Dropping inflation, create employment, generating revenue, increasing GDP and overal improve living standard

But watch how they would start building unimportant infrastructural project that can't sustain itself even

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Pwettylinda(f): 8:00am On Jun 29, 2023
Parachoco:
Nigerians are ready to suffer Today and Enjoy Tomorrow
No body is ready to suffer except your tribalistic you

We have been suffering since. Why should we continue suffering?? Say wetin happen?

273 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Resurrection212: 8:07am On Jun 29, 2023
Do you want to sell?
Babzrockman:
Na to park my car nah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Resurrection212: 8:08am On Jun 29, 2023
The same Buhari you called brainless you nah believing in his statement?
Emir8:
Oh God! It's in the nature of all Nigerians to exploit others when having the opportunity. The Buhari govt claims that they are paying 255 naira subsidy on every litre. When that is removed, a litre should be about 395 naira but exploiters have increased it. We shall survive

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by olril17(m): 8:11am On Jun 29, 2023
By the time Tinubu is done with Nigeria even his oloriburuku supporters will join and escape on a sinking ship to Somalia peninsula

154 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by helinues: 8:12am On Jun 29, 2023
Big playing.

It can never be up to that amount. How much are the countries with no oil buying a liter of fuel?

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by b3llo(m): 8:13am On Jun 29, 2023
Subsidies are being removed with no palliative measures put in place to cushion the effect of subsidy removal. May God help us.

7 Likes

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by SpartaOfLagos: 8:13am On Jun 29, 2023
Parachoco:
Nigerians are ready to suffer Today and Enjoy Tomorrow
it is your father and your entire household that will suffer

Only you and your entire household and not Nigerians

199 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Seefinish: 8:17am On Jun 29, 2023
E no go funny. So like play like play, Buhari is better than Tinubu? I bought fuel under Buhari 195 and under Tinubu I am expected to buy fuel almost 1k?

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by kingamaa(m): 8:18am On Jun 29, 2023
This handshake don dey pass elbow.

Suffering and smiling no be yam o, hunger is real.

I cannot cry o, the streets are not smiling.

Patience is not a virtue in the face of hunger o

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by nony43(m): 8:18am On Jun 29, 2023
If they had allowed GEJ to remove subsidy in 2012 by now we should be looking at N300 NNPC price.

Do you know the weird thing about Nigerians? The suffering they endured under Buhari and they are willing to endure BAT they won't endure it under GEJ or any Igbo man as President. A lot of people enjoyed under GEJ yet they tagged him an Igbo man and cursed the hell out of him. As if na Igbo man spoil Nigeria.

133 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Sermwell(m): 8:18am On Jun 29, 2023
Alot of people are going to suffer under this government but they don't want to hear it! The handwriting is all over the wall already.

I just urge those who are doing well to help those in need. This is because some people may die of hunger if we don't help each other because of our political differences. My closest pal is a Yoruba Muslim guy, fatai, and because of him, I have always refused to believe anything said on this forum about Yoruba Muslims. Although he voted for Tinubu and I voted Obi, we are still good friends. He has sold his car after the subsidy removal and I have been the one driving him to work. He kept assuring me that things will get better, but I don't believe him yet.

He came visiting on Monday that he couldn't afford the sallah ram and other needs for the festive season. I didn't want to ask him what he did with the money he realized from selling his car. My girl insisted that I shouldn't help him because of his political believe and support for Tinubu. But life is bigger than those nonsense.

Please you all should support the needy at this time. Elections are over, and the hate is not worth it.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by nony43(m): 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
helinues:
Big playing.

It can never be up to that amount. How much are the countries with no oil buying a liter of fuel?

In the UK more in the Northern England were I have toured petrol is been sold between £1.45 to £ 1.59 it depends on were you buy and they are not producing oil in commercial quantity in the UK yet no scarcity. That is about 1400 in naira.

4 Likes

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by MorataFC: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
Lies, so it means oil-producing country will sell higher than non-producing countries?

4 Likes

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by hedonido: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
I don't think N700 makes sense. It should be N1000 per litre, or even N2000 per litre. So that you encourage more investment in the downstream sector and free up more money for BAT and his people to play with.

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Agbadocassava: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
It is well…
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by xristos(m): 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
God forbid oh
It is well with us in this country...

Buhari said nigerians will miss him shocked shocked...God forbid too

kai...Nigeria was in plenty during GEJ embarassed

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by iHateFraudsters: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
Pwettylinda:

No body is ready to suffer except your tribalistic you

We have been suffering since. Why should we continue suffering?? Say wetin happen?

I just tire for the oaf.

Every small thing "Nigerians are ...".

Always generalising.

Anyway, with this subsidy removal, there'll be a lot of storm before the calm.

Let's all brace up for the storm, cos e never begin o.

7 Likes

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Gangster1ms: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
N700/litre will favour me and my family! grin

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
Oh okay

So it is no longer market forces of demand and supply that determines prices,

You are telling me now that it is the value of a foreign currency dollar that determines the price.

Then if so, you can as well fling away (drop) the local currency (₦) and start to adopt and use the dollar ($)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by ROYALFRAGRANCE(f): 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
License should be given to more independent people to import fuel, that will crash the price, the monopoly in the importation of fuel is just wickedness...

Pls if you have 1k to spare, kindly check my signature...⤵️⤵️🙏

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. / Senate Approves N30,000 As Minimum Wage / Falana: Lauretta Onochie’s Appointment As INEC Commissioner Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.