Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,600 members, 7,865,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:25 PM

I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time (1552 Views)

I Feel I'm Damaging Myself As My Wife Has Left Again / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / My Wife Has Turned My Children Against Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by Stevenbright(m): 6:19am On Mar 29, 2023
UYEMDO35:

Please bear grammatical errors
In a couple of months, I will be turning 27 and I feel am far behind my mate and I'm not successful with whatever I choose to do.... No achievement to boast of, I already feel like a failure, some times I goes into depression because of the huge responsibility ahead of me....
When I was 18yrs, I was so sure of what I was going to become but as time goes on everything started falling apart.

My story goes dis way..... I believe I have been living my life for the sake of my Dad.... Who has always been in control of everything concerning me.... While growing up at the early stage of my life Dad and my late stepmom were very strict on us..( I and my brother), I have always live a life of fear... We were never permitted to have friends not even associating with my distance relatives Because dey see them as evil. I was never social and I live a boring life throughout even getting to dis present stage.
I have always been a loyal son to my Dad, always submissive and obedient to him.
Even the school I went to, it was my Dad's choice.on getting there i got to discover it was a part-time programme instead of Full-time, I informed Dad about it and he instructed me to continue with it.since am not the one paying for my school fees. I knew I was never going to do well because I was too young to put in for part-time program... I believe part-time is meant for the working class people..... Fast-forward I graduated and it's been a year that I've been waiting to obtain my statement of result. And according to a friend of mine, he told me it might take up to 3years before it will be ready and I think it's just too much. I'm begining to lose patience. As soon as i rounded up my studies, Dad ask me to come home... And now, here I'm with Dem.
Things has been very rough for me ever since I came back home, I'm Just stranded always indoor, no freedom to do whatever I want to do. Few days back i went to check what I can lay my hands to do just to get little cash, At least to maintain myself and take care of some of my essential needs but when I came back home, I was been caution to mind the way I go out otherwise it won't be funny. {Just imagine}
At dis stage when am supposed to be totally independent am still asking my Dad to give me money to have my haircut, to buy boxers ,foot wears and so on. Sometimes I get insulted before been given.
When I was in school Dad married without my consent on returning home..... My stepmom now looks down on me as a failure including my younger siblings..... I'm just tired of everything .... I have always try not to apply force so that I won't messed up everything for myself.i try not to do anything illegal in other to keep my good reputation but Right now, I want to stand out and become the best version of myself.... I don't mind going extra mice just to achieve my purpose.... If I don't make a choice now, I will be kicked out from the house anything soon....and I believe my step mom is working towards that becuz she sees me as an obstacles to d house.
My Dad is an influential person he has promised to secure a job for me by d time my result would be out and how long do I need to wait.... But I think that's just am empty promise becuz a time will come when he will force me to lve his house. And right now.
I'm tired of saying thank u ma thank you sir..... It's just too much me and I believe anytime soon dey might even as me to start watching plate......
I think I'm a loser already and Right now am considering leaving the house at least to start from some where.

There are two approaches I will advise you to apply:

One is to not pick up issues with your dad and continue to coexist with him at his house while you await the release of your result.

Secondly, while waiting, go out and get a job to do no matter how small the pay. It will give you both financial freedom and mental/psychological stability. Also ensure you start saving too no matter how small! This second action will give you the needed work experience while preparing you on how to live an independent life.

Once the result comes out and your dad delayed in fixing you up as promised, you will know he has no plans for you. At this point, use your savings to move out of his domain and forcus on building yourself to become the success you desire.
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by cobby14(m): 9:10am On Mar 29, 2023
Never compare yourself to the next man, you don’t know what it took for that person to get there.
If you keep on relying on your dad, you might get your freedom only when you turn 50 years or so. Your world, your choice and stop using your dad as an excuse for not performing to your capability. The thing is, your dad does not give a f**k about you but still stuck to the old way of things.
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 29, 2023
Go and join HK

Hustle leave your Papa's house .
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by ahnie: 9:47am On Mar 29, 2023
Where's premierlead my ekuke?
Learnt he went to snatch ballot boxes this past election.

1 Like

Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by UYEMDO35(m): 3:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. My diagnosis is you need to do some serious work on your ability to critically reason your life, your situation, and resolve as an individual so you can better comprehend your situation as you actually ought to. Since you are able to access the internet, then I suggest you start by downloading a copy of books on the subject of logical/critical reasoning/thinking so you can begin to grow your mind and as such become able to logically analyze your decisions, and the world around you, including your life. I recommend you begin with the book Being Logical because it is tailored to the beginner. There are other books out there on the very same subject, and I have taken the time to list other recommendations. All of these books are available for download from PDfDrive.com, and I believe they will be of great benefit to you. As you read through each, endeavor to put into practice everything you learn towards critically reasoning your many day-to-day issues. The key is to put into regular(continuous) practice what you learn so you become a more logical being than you are today. undecided

Being Logical
The Art of Thinking in Systems
A Practical Guide to Critical Thinking and Deciding What to Do and Believe
A Rulebook For Arguments
A Workbook For Arguments
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
The Art and Craft of Problem Solving

Download the first book today, and start off right away. Since you say you do nothing all day, devoting the entire month of April to this endeavor will be a good place to start. After you have worked hard at this task, you can come back by the end of April to maybe ask your question again — create a whole new thread and OP argument — to show you have critically reasoned your situation and maybe come to a better understanding of how you got to be where you are today. smiley
I appreciate ur kind words....And I will try as much possible to read those books.. that's if i Am not preoccupied with any activity,Because dey have subjected me to workaholics since am jobless.

Well! I have decided to obtain military form whenever it's out but My Dad is against it and and he's well connected but he won't allow me or rather support me.... Right now am not in my right sense of mind ... I'm going insane.
Suicide is now my second option..... I just can't take the humiliation anymore.
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by UYEMDO35(m): 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2023
Failure2019:
Go and join HK

Hustle leave your Papa's house .
Where do I start from? I lve in a remote area and it's bearly 2month I came to dis environment.
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by UYEMDO35(m): 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
cobby14:
Never compare yourself to the next man, you don’t know what it took for that person to get there.
If you keep on relying on your dad, you might get your freedom only when you turn 50 years or so. Your world, your choice and stop using your dad as an excuse for not performing to your capability. The thing is, your dad does not give a f**k about you but still stuck to the old way of things.
So were do I start from?Though! I have decided and already made up my mind to join the military thought my Dad is against it..... But dis time I want to do things my way because if I don't take d decision now.... That's how I will continue waiting at home depending on him till I will get to 50 like u rightly said.
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by UYEMDO35(m): 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2023
Stevenbright:

There are two approaches I will advise you to apply:

One is to not pick up issues with your dad and continue to coexist with him at his house while you await the release of your result.

Secondly, while waiting, go out and get a job to do no matter how small the pay. It will give you both financial freedom and mental/psychological stability. Also ensure you start saving too no matter how small! This second action will give you the needed work experience while preparing you on how to live an independent life.

Once the result comes out and your dad delayed in fixing you up as promised, you will know he has no plans for you. At this point, use your savings to move out of his domain and forcus on building yourself to become the success you desire.
Thanks for your advise, sir.
Actually I have been tolerating the attitude of my stepmom and if I continue staying here with dem... I might likely end up having misunderstanding with her and that's what I really don't want becuz she's an elderly woman. Sir, it's just too much for me... I really feel so lonely and depressed.
Getting a job in dis remote environment is not easy even there's no decent job that can suit my standard rather than helping someone to cultivate his or her farm....and that's what my family have subjected me into since I'm at home dey now go into farming and lve me to do all the work.....

How long do I need to wait for the result to be release..... I cannot continue leaving my life dis way. I wish I had money I would have started something lucrative with it but right now and fuckin stranded even I can't even afford 10naira for myself. How long do I continue to wait... The environment is very poor no place to secure a decent job.

Though! I have made up mind to join military despite that my Dad is against it but right now I had no choice and I want to totally free myself from dis bondage... Anytime the result is ready I would collect it and keep it somewhere...

So I intended having dis discussion with my Dad to see his reaction. So I don't know whether I should go on
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2023
UYEMDO35:

Where do I start from? I lve in a remote area and it's bearly 2month I came to dis environment.

Join telegram channels and groups for for ybnl

Download fraud Bible and subscribe to smartlazyhustler blog
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by Stevenbright(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
UYEMDO35:

Thanks for your advise, sir.
Actually I have been tolerating the attitude of my stepmom and if I continue staying here with dem... I might likely end up having misunderstanding with her and that's what I really don't want becuz she's an elderly woman. Sir, it's just too much for me... I really feel so lonely and depressed.
Getting a job in dis remote environment is not easy even there's no decent job that can suit my standard rather than helping someone to cultivate his or her farm....and that's what my family have subjected me into since I'm at home dey now go into farming and lve me to do all the work.....

How long do I need to wait for the result to be release..... I cannot continue leaving my life dis way. I wish I had money I would have started something lucrative with it but right now and fuckin stranded even I can't even afford 10naira for myself. How long do I continue to wait... The environment is very poor no place to secure a decent job.

Though! I have made up mind to join military despite that my Dad is against it but right now I had no choice and I want to totally free myself from dis bondage... Anytime the result is ready I would collect it and keep it somewhere...

So I intended having dis discussion with my Dad to see his reaction. So I don't know whether I should go on

You have to do whatever you think is best for you because you are the only one who can fight for yourself.

If taking the right decision right now will make you have differences with your dad, do it. Later when you are already standing on your feet, you can make it up to him. Cheers!
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by UYEMDO35(m): 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2023
Stevenbright:

You have to do whatever you think is best for you because you are the only one who can fight for yourself.

If taking the right decision right now will make you have differences with your dad, do it. Later when you are already standing on your feet, you can make it up to him. Cheers!
Noted! Thanks bro.
Your advise is welcome.

1 Like

Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
UYEMDO35:

I appreciate ur kind words....And I will try as much possible to read those books.. that's if i Am not preoccupied with any activity,Because dey have subjected me to workaholics since am jobless.
Well! I have decided to obtain military form whenever it's out but My Dad is against it and and he's well connected but he won't allow me or rather support me.... Right now am not in my right sense of mind ... I'm going insane. Suicide is now my second option..... I just can't take the humiliation anymore.
The best distraction then is to try to immerse yourself into a book. So get to it as soon as you can so you can begin to save your own self the soonest. lipsrsealed
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by UYEMDO35(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The best distraction then is to try to immerse yourself into a book. So get to it as soon as you can so you can begin to save your own self the soonest. lipsrsealed
Ok! I will do just that.
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2023
UYEMDO35:

Ok! I will do just that.
Oh, you have not even downloaded the book to open it? What are you waiting for? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by UYEMDO35(m): 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oh, you have not even downloaded the book to open it? What are you waiting for? undecided
I'm on it now.
Re: I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2023
UYEMDO35:

I'm on it now.
Once you have the book downloaded, get m attention so I can start the clock on you. Let's see how long it will take you to finish reading through chapter one at least. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria / Parents - Spending On Kids / I Need A Special Gift For Her Pls. She Does Not Demand Dis But Deserves It.thnks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.