Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Parents - Spending On Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents - Spending On Kids (1546 Views)

After Spending Millions For Your Daughter's Wedding(photo) / 5 Impacts Of Cartoons On Kids / Celebrities Are Bad Influence On Kids...would You Let Your Kids Do This(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents - Spending On Kids by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
So with all the depressing topics here on NL I thought I would start a light hearted one.

Parents out there do you spend more on ur male or female children - my daughters national anthem this year has been "chop my money" cos that is truly what she is doing - I don't know if its cos there are sooooooooooo many pretty things in the shops for girls but this girl has way too much stuff and I can't seem to stop buying. I can't really compare at the moment as I don't have a son but I wonder sometimes if I would spend as much on him as I do with my little princess

so parents or even uncles and aunts - do you tend to find you spend a lot more on the female kids or is it equal.
Re: Parents - Spending On Kids by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
My Dear, there will always be pretty things, I love pencil jeans and anytime i see, am tempted to get more for the boys. I also shop a lot for my husband. However, We have a rule, as more comes in more goes out. Luckily we bought great things for the first boy, he didnt use all and we kept some so we didnt or havent spent that much on the new baby.
When I feel the need to spurge, i remember that some kids do not have even a change of clothes or even story books, texts and exercise books, and so i do a 50- 50, Spend 50 percent of what I can spend on what I want to buy and send the other 50 to a local school we support.
Secondly, At the age of the first baby we try as much as possible to keep him engaged mentally, its now less toys and cartoons and more mental games and books. The toys are crazy ad expensive and with my boy give him one week he has opened it and is "trying to fix it'.
So we do a lot of reading, puzzles, teaching him Ludo (he learns counting), when he is 5, monopoly and snake and ladder will follow, a little of scrabble too.
Spend but create a balance, as the Rev Father will say, Be the Answer to a Childs prayer this week.
Re: Parents - Spending On Kids by prixxy(f): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2012
If i buy for one i will have to buy for the rest oooo if not their will be wahala plus commotion in the house that day grin grin

As it sometimes seems to be more things in the shops for the girls,i feel like i buy more for them,but i have to hide the items that i buy most of the time until i find something suitable for my boy
Re: Parents - Spending On Kids by greatgod2012(f): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
@ debrief, sincerely, i always lok forward to ur comments, there is always new thing to learn in them, i've learnt smthing frm dis now.

@ op, u cant actulally determine which gender to spend more on, whenever i see smthing i like to see on my wonderful children and i can afford d price, i dont hesitate to buy them, regardless d gender, so, if its d boys turn today, it can be d girls turn tomorow, so, to me, i cant really say its d boys or d girls but believe me, this children know and like good things and are always ready to spend ur money anytime, so as a parent, one just have to be prudent enough and buy what they actually need.
My opinion anyway.
Re: Parents - Spending On Kids by EfemenaXY: 12:07am On Sep 18, 2012
cotton101: So with all the depressing topics here on NL I thought I would start a light hearted one.

Parents out there do you spend more on ur male or female children - my daughters national anthem this year has been "chop my money" cos that is truly what she is doing - I don't know if its cos there are sooooooooooo many pretty things in the shops for girls but this girl has way too much stuff and I can't seem to stop buying. I can't really compare at the moment as I don't have a son but I wonder sometimes if I would spend as much on him as I do with my little princess

so parents or even uncles and aunts - do you tend to find you spend a lot more on the female kids or is it equal.

Nope, I don't.

I spend on things as is needed. So it really depends. smiley
Re: Parents - Spending On Kids by Busybody2(f): 12:48am On Sep 18, 2012
There is more range of gears for girls than boys, so generally girls should take the bulk of the spending, but boys play rough more thereby wearing out their clothes quicker, they keep breaking things and pulling things apart, etc, so IMHO replacing these stuffs pushes spending on boys higher than girls.

Plus that's your first chid, so parents tend to spend more at the start.
Re: Parents - Spending On Kids by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2012
Re: Parents - Spending On Kids by relaxbeauty: 10:05am On Oct 10, 2012
it's good to buy good things for the children but it is more important to teach them how to appreciate what we buy for them. if we don't teach them this, there may be adverse effects in the future.

(1) (Reply)

Leaving My Three Year Old In Other People's Care Terrifies Me. Is This Normal? / Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent / My 18 Years Old Second Cousin Still Urinates On Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.