Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,145 members, 7,829,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? (1168 Views)

Can Some One Divorce And Still Remarry The Same Woman After Reconciliation / My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! / Lockdown: In What Way Can You Help Your Neighborhood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 28, 2023
Legal practitioners in the house?
Experienced people in the house,
Pls, help out with this informations.
What rightful, peaceful way can one divorce a partner without violence?
For a marriage of three years, how can one go about with divorce?
What are the procedures and duration?
How can one do it without turning to an enemy, but just move on In a separate direction?
Thank you
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Legal practitioners in the house? Experienced people in the house, Pls, help out with this informations. What rightful, peaceful way can one divorce a partner without violence? For a marriage of three years, how can one go about with divorce? What are the procedures and duration? How can one do it without turning to an enemy, but just move on In a separate direction?
Thank you
Litigator! undecided
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dearlove2me:
How can one do it without turning to an enemy, but just move on In a separate direction?
Thank you

it all depends on the type of partner you got... even if you offer the best ever divorce settlement, some partner will still say it aint enough.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Zonefree(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Thank you
Only 3 years

So, marriage is no longer sweet again undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

it all depends on the type of partner you got... even if you offer the best ever divorce settlement, some partner will still say it aint enough.
pls more enlightenment pls
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
Zonefree:

Only 3 years

So, marriage is no longer sweet again undecided

Marriage is overrated.

1 Like

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dearlove2me:
pls more enlightenment pls

dont you know the type of wife you got? you should know exactly how she will react and what she will accept as divorce settlement. before going to fight it in court, try to have an amicable divorce with her...

BTW there are so many variable here as we dont know WHY you wanna divorce...is it something you did? is it something she did? is she ok with it? is she a violent person? is she one of them "til death do us part" type?

2 Likes

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2023
Is the marriage in community of property or out of community of property?

Is the wife also working? Or was she just a housewife?

Let's start from there.
Dearlove2me:
Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2023
Arrrrrrhhhhggggggggg !

Scary!

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
Samantha124:
Is the marriage in community of property or out of community of property?

Is the wife also working? Or was she just a housewife?

Let's start from there.
No properties.

The wife is not working
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2023
Persephone1:
Arrrrrrhhhhggggggggg !

Scary!

How?
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Ofunaofu: 11:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
There is no rightful or peaceful way
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
I don't get it, what do you mean no properties?

Are you married out of community of property?

Did you even do a civil marriage?
Dearlove2me:
No properties.

The wife is not working
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2023
Samantha124:
In layman's terms abeg! undecided

Some of us never get around to reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to Divorce or Divorce for Dummies naw!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by malaria(f): 12:22am On Mar 29, 2023
Poster go and work on your marriage jare
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by frozen70(f): 12:42am On Mar 29, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Thank you

I think you can start with separation

Use that time frame to evaluate the marriage and see if it can be corrected from whatever that is leading to separation

There is no way one party will not be offended

But you guys can go for counseling if you care for another last chance

2 Likes

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 29, 2023
Some marriages are not meant to last.

Why live in an unhappy marriage when you can just divorce and finally be free?
Next thing they may start killing each other in the name of working on their marriage.
malaria:

2 Likes

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 29, 2023
Come on, I expect every married couple to know about this.

You can't be married and not know whether the marriage is in community of property or out of community of property.

Unless if the couple didn't do a civil marriage

What do you Nigerians call it? Oh yeah, court wedding.
Kobojunkie:
In layman's terms abeg! undecided

Some of us never get around to reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to Divorce or Divorce for Dummies naw!
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 29, 2023
Samantha124:

I didn't really understand what you meant earlier. Yes. There was court marriage. Both church wedding. The marriage was rightly done.
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2023
Since there was a court wedding, then you guys must've signed something that said something.

What was the agreement between the two of you when you went to court to do your court wedding?

Or did you guys just signed the marriage contract without reading it?
Dearlove2me:
I didn't really understand what you meant earlier. Yes. There was court marriage. Both church wedding. The marriage was rightly done.
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by wunmi590(m): 9:29am On Mar 29, 2023

The way divorce issue is just springing up these days here on nairaland, you will think they got married here on nairaland...

@seun, please you need to keep putting up your marriage program, so as to curb this increasing numbers of divorce....
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by wunmi590(m): 9:32am On Mar 29, 2023
frozen70:

I think you can start with separation

Use that time frame to evaluate the marriage and see if it can be corrected from whatever that is leading to separation

There is no way one party will not be offended

But you guys can go for counseling if you care for another last chance

You are a wise and intelligent woman....

But some people don't what to go through some of these your listed point, nah to just break up immediately they will be looking for...
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by ahnie: 9:37am On Mar 29, 2023
Here for the comments
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Kobojunkie: 11:37am On Mar 29, 2023
Samantha124:
Since there was a court wedding, then you guys must've signed something that said something.
What was the agreement between the two of you when you went to court to do your court wedding?
Or did you guys just signed the marriage contract without reading it?
lipsrsealed

The last contracts I tried reading before signing na from credit card company and my doctors office. grin
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by frozen70(f): 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2023
wunmi590:

You are a wise and intelligent woman....

But some people don't what to go through some of these your listed point, nah to just break up immediately they will be looking for...

Thanks for the compliments

Understanding differs my dear
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by descarado: 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2023
Samantha124:
Come on, I expect every married couple to know about this.

You can't be married and not know whether the marriage is in community of property or out of community of property.

Unless if the couple didn't do a civil marriage

What do you Nigerians call it? Oh yeah, court wedding.
What do you mean by the phrase" you Nigerians"

Can you explain that to me pls?

1 Like

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2023
I'm not a Nigerian.
descarado:

What do you mean by the phrase" you Nigerians"

Can you explain that to me pls?
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Farfalla(f): 1:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
malaria:

Don't you think they have explored and exhausted all avenues for a peaceful co-existence or a reconciliation by the time they've arrived at the decision to end their marriage?

3 Likes

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by descarado: 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm not a Nigerian.
Where are you from then?

Where you born and grow up there or an immigrant?
Pardon my questions.
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 29, 2023
I'm from South Africa and I'm a 100% South African, I'm not an immigrant.
descarado:

Where are you from then?

Where you born and grow up there or an immigrant?
Pardon my questions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Not Marrying Again, She Sleeps With Other Men - Anambra Man / A Female Child Fell From The Mother's Back � / How Do You Break A Bad News To A Family Member?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.