Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,009 members, 7,856,063 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:19 PM

What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? (1223 Views)

Can Some One Divorce And Still Remarry The Same Woman After Reconciliation / My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! / Lockdown: In What Way Can You Help Your Neighborhood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Farfalla(f): 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Legal practitioners in the house?
Experienced people in the house,
Pls, help out with this informations.
What rightful, peaceful way can one divorce a partner without violence?
For a marriage of three years, how can one go about with divorce?
What are the procedures and duration?
How can one do it without turning to an enemy, but just move on In a separate direction?
Thank you

Did you have a civil marriage? A common-law marriage? A church wedding? A traditional marriage? A combination of 2 of the above? That will determine the manner in which you'll go about dissolving the marriage.

The duration of the divorce process may be determined by complexities such as;
1. Type of marriage
2. Presence of children (biological and adopted)
3. Presence of prenuptial documents
4. (Linked to point 3 above) Whether you have shared property/properties (the worst decision most couples make IMO)
5. Cooperation from the other party (For instance, my aunt's ex-husband declined to sign divorce papers for many years in a bid to frustrate the divorce process).

You haven't mentioned the reason(s) for your decision to divorce your spouse but why do I get the feeling you anticipate a possibility of violence? Is he violent?? Keep it civil regardless.

About dissolving your marriage without becoming enemies after this may be determined by factors such as;
1. How aggrieved the parties are -- betrayal, rejection, pain, depression and psychosocial anguish tend to create enemies out of people you once achieved orgasms with. The higher the level of trust, the deeper the grief. That can explain why people become enemies with "good" men or "good" women after a break up.
2. The level of civility during and after the divorce process. Don't expect friendship after throwing Tonto Dike and Nkechi Blessing tantrums.
3. And of course you must expect enmity if you're ending a relationship with him to be with his brother (or her sister if you're a man).

PS: I'm not a legal practitioner, neither do I have any practical experience in the dissolution of a marriage but I do know people who've gone through it and their experiences differed to a large extent.
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
frozen70:

Thanks for the compliments

Understanding differs my dear
And situation differs as well.
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
Farfalla:

Did you have a civil marriage? A common-law marriage? A church wedding? A traditional marriage? A combination of 2 of the above? That will determine the manner in which you'll go about dissolving the marriage.

The duration of the divorce process may be determined by complexities such as;
1. Type of marriage
2. Presence of children (biological and adopted)
3. Presence of prenuptial documents
4. (Linked to point 3 above) Whether you have shared property/properties (the worst decision most couples make IMO)
5. Cooperation from the other party (For instance, my aunt's ex-husband declined to sign divorce papers for many years in a bid to frustrate the divorce process).

You haven't mentioned the reason(s) for your decision to divorce your spouse but why do I get the feeling you anticipate a possibility of violence? Is he violent?? Keep it civil regardless.

About dissolving your marriage without becoming enemies after this may be determined by factors such as;
1. How aggrieved the parties are -- betrayal, rejection, pain, depression and psycho-social torment tend to create enemies out of people you once achieved orgasms with. The higher the level of trust, the deeper the grief. That can explain why people become enemies with "good" men or "good" women after a break up.
2. The level of civility during and after the divorce process. Don't expect friendship after throwing Tonto Dike and Nkechi Blessing tantrums.
3. And of course you must expect enmity if you're ending a relationship with him to be with his brother (or her sister if you're a man).

PS: I'm not a legal practitioner, neither do I have any practical experience in the dissolution of a marriage but I do know people who've gone through it and their experiences differed to a large extent.
Alright. Thanks for sharing
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by frozen70(f): 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2023
Dearlove2me:
And situation differs as well.

Yes that's true
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by descarado: 9:21am On Mar 30, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm from South Africa and I'm a 100% South African, I'm not an immigrant.
Thanks a lot.
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Tayorshd2(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2023
Marriages thses days are illusion of blind love and lust ...

Even if the love truly existed but yet compatibility is another issue

Before u marry somebody please let love be the 50% reasons u are marrying that ..

But the rest should be 80% compatibility should be d reason u marry d person..

1 Like

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Divoc19(f): 11:11am On Mar 30, 2023
Am on my 7th month of separation now.
You have to be very determined when going for a divorce in a country like ours.
You will need a support system to achieve a peaceful divorce

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Legal practitioners in the house?
Experienced people in the house,
Pls, help out with this informations.
What rightful, peaceful way can one divorce a partner without violence?
For a marriage of three years, how can one go about with divorce?
What are the procedures and duration?
How can one do it without turning to an enemy, but just move on In a separate direction?
Thank you

the type of marriage you have will determine the right way to divorce eg a civil marriage needs the courts and traditional way needs traditonal way eg informing and gathering of two families

How one reacts to the divorce its self and sharing of properties will determine how peaceful it will be
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 02, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

the type of marriage you have will determine the right way to divorce eg a civil marriage needs the courts and traditional way needs traditonal way eg informing and gathering of two families

How one reacts to the divorce its self and sharing of properties will determine how peaceful it will be
Alright
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 02, 2023
Divoc19:
Am on my 7th month of separation now.
You have to be very determined when going for a divorce in a country like ours.
You will need a support system to achieve a peaceful divorce
Pls, throw more light. ''support system '' you mean family members or how?
Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Divoc19(f): 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
Family members
Good friends
Money
Is your support system for a divorce in Nigeria

If you have these 3 support on your side, your divorce will be as easy as the air we breathe.

No fights or argument. Dearlove2me

Dearlove2me:
Pls, throw more light. ''support system '' you mean family members or how?

1 Like

Re: What Rightful/peaceful Way Can One Divorce A Partner? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
Divoc19:
Family members
Good friends
Money
Is your support system for a divorce in Nigeria

Ok. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your First Reality Check After Getting Married? / East Africa: Prostitution In Juba, The Inside Story – Thunder News 24 / Why Am I So Unfortunate With Helping My Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.