Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland (590 Views)

I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware / I Have Just Been Scammed On Instagram. Help! / Alas... I've Been Scammed On Telegram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Chukzbaby: 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
I posted that I need someone to create UK PayPal for me, @yeyebrity reply that he can create it for me for 15k. I dropped my WhatsApp number so he can contact me. Later I got a message on WhatsApp that he is yeyebrity and we started chatting.

You can read our chats below

To confirm his identity, I asked him to quote me with his monicker and he blocked me ASAP and deleted his account details but unknown to him, I already copied it

Adejare saheed
Palmpay

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Ynix(m): 7:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
Chukzbaby:
I posted that I need someone to create UK PayPal for me, @yeyebrity reply that he can create it for me for 15k. I dropped my WhatsApp number so he can contact me. Later I got a message on WhatsApp that he is yeyebrity and we started chatting.

You can read our chats below
Sorry for that. By the way what do you need a UK PayPal for if I should ask
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Chukzbaby: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ynix:

I want to withdraw my money from Fiverr and creative fabrica
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Adabilaal: 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
I have someone that can do it for you but I guess he do USA PayPal
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Ynix(m): 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
Chukzbaby:
I want to withdraw my money from Fiverr and creative fabrica
Ok, I will advise that instead you go for Lesotho business.
It's pretty simple go to Google, get a new email. Gmail if possible. Log out the existing PayPal.
On Google type leostho business, open it and fill it, pick a random business name that is personal and fill all the details correctly, the only one you will fill in Nigeria format are the address, phone number (234) and identity card (NIN, PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE)
COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION AND VERIFY.
LOGIN AND THAT IS ALL.
SEND YOUR EMAIL TO FIVERR

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Chukzbaby: 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
The mumu man quickly deleted his account details when he discovered I have caught him but unknown to him, I have copied it already.

Adejare saheed
Palmpay

Please avoid dropping your number unnecessarily on nairaland to avoid scammers.

Thank God I didn't fall for this
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Chukzbaby: 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ynix:

Ok, I will advise that instead you go for Lesotho business.
It's pretty simple go to Google, get a new email. Gmail if possible. Log out the existing PayPal.
On Google type leostho business, open it and fill it, pick a random business name that is personal and fill all the details correctly, the only one you will fill in Nigeria format are the address, phone number (234) and identity card (NIN, PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE)
COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION AND VERIFY.
LOGIN AND THAT IS ALL.
SEND YOUR EMAIL TO FIVERR
my only problem is card for verification, I have tried different cards but none worked
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by yeyebrity: 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ynix:

Lol dude, you should have asked him to quote you using the 'Yeyebrity' moniker. I haven't messaged you on Whatsapp please as I am in transit and not currently comfortable to chat.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Chukzbaby: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
yeyebrity:

Lol dude, you should have asked him to quote you using the 'Yeyebrity' moniker. I haven't messaged you on Whatsapp please as I am in transit and not currently comfortable to chat.
that's what I asked him to do and then he vanished , you can read our chats above to see
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Ynix(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
yeyebrity:

Am I the one that chatted him or her up, not in any way. I didn't apologize I only said sorry, abi you no sabi Turenchi ni
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Chukzbaby: 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
yeyebrity:

my instincts keep telling me I'm chatting with a scammer that is why I asked him to quote me with your monicker and he blocked and deleted his account details
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Chukzbaby: 7:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ynix:

Am I the one that chatted him or her up, not in any way. I didn't apologize I only said sorry, abi you no sabi Turenchi ni
sorry, he quoted the wrong person
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Ynix(m): 7:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Chukzbaby:
my only problem is card for verification, I have tried different cards but none worked
Go and get ezzocard meanwhile you don't need that. Get your cash and exchange it on paxful for Bitcoin
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by yeyebrity: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ynix:

Calm down. I just figured I quoted the wrong person. I was about to modify my comment but you beat me to it.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Ynix(m): 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
yeyebrity:

Calm down. I just figured I quoted the wrong person. I was about to modify my comment but you beat me to it.
Na sharp guy I be now, I no dey dull myself grin
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by yeyebrity: 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
Chukzbaby:
my instincts keep telling me I'm chatting with a scammer that is why I asked him to quote me with your monicker and he blocked and deleted his account details

Lol...these people though. Let's even assume you wanted to deal with him, would you be that careless to pay first without escrow? Funny dude wanted you to send half first. Awon free money!
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Chukzbaby: 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2023
yeyebrity:

Lol...these people though. Let's even assume you wanted to deal with him, would you be that careless to pay first without escrow? Funny dude wanted you to send half first. Awon free money!
boss but I still need the PayPal
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Ezemarcel(m): 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2023
Chukzbaby:
The mumu man quickly deleted his account details when he discovered I have caught him but unknown to him, I have copied it already.

Adejare saheed
Palmpay

Please avoid dropping your number unnecessarily on nairaland to avoid scammers.

Thank God I didn't fall for this
and he is currently fasting now still want to scam someone
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Karlifate: 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ezemarcel:
and he is currently fasting now still want to scam someone

🤣🤣🤣

Lotsa Nigerians are religious, yet wicked. angry

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by yeyebrity: 7:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
Chukzbaby:
boss but I still need the PayPal

I will give you an update once I am capable. But just a little heads up: Paypal is fond of limiting newly created verified accounts as soon as the funds start trickling in. It's just their nature and I assume you already know this. So, going by why you need the account, it will be less riskier if you can get a trusted receiver with a very strong and old account. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by southsouthking(m): 12:45pm On Mar 29, 2023
Why not use Payoneer, from Payoneer to Geegpay, from Geegpay to your account?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Chukzbaby: 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
southsouthking:
Why not use Payoneer, from Payoneer to Geegpay, from Geegpay to your account?
I'm just starting on fiverr, my earnings for this month is $16 and I can't withdraw it from Payoneer to geegpay
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by southsouthking(m): 3:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
Chukzbaby:
I'm just starting on fiverr, my earnings for this month is $16 and I can't withdraw it from Payoneer to geegpay

Okay, that's what i always do because Geegpay dollar rate is okay.

Wishing you all the best.
Welcome the the Fiverr world.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by Kobicove(m): 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
Chukzbaby:

The animal wanted to reap where he did not sow angry
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed On Nairaland by MrPADDY(m): 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2023
Chukzbaby:
If you have a Payoneer account, why not wait till you have upto $50 in your Fiverr to withdraw?
Using other countries' PayPal accounts in Nigeria is against paypal user policy since PayPal is country specific. Even if you use Lesotho PayPal Account, it will work for a while, but once PayPal robots gather enough info about the account, the account will receive a temporary suspension, follow by permanent ban.

There are legit vendors here with USA based PayPal Accounts to receive funds for you, however, with your $16 withdrawal, nobody will listen to you.

(1) (Reply)

Bureau De Change Mallams Should Go To Farm, Stop Financial Terrorism / The Case Of Nigerian Investors / Who Knows Anything About Q-score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.