Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Help Review This Data Analytics Project - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Review This Data Analytics Project (530 Views)

Guys , Please Help Review This Website / Hello Guys, Help Review This Small Website / Please Help Review Or Criticize School Management SDOSMS New Version 1.5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Review This Data Analytics Project by ConsciousMan01: 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
good evening house, I'm here to seek the opinion, advice and criticism of every data analyst in here about my first data analytics project.
So earlier this year I decided to start the journey of learning data analytics, so far have learnt excel and sql(postgresql), still learning sql tho, looking forward to start learning R programming very soon, but before going further, thought of applying what have learnt so far by solving real life projects, so I got online and searched for data sets, then I come across one on kaggle( airplane crashes and fatalities from 1908-2009). Link to the datasets:
https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/saurograndi/airplane-crashes-since-1908

1 Like

Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by ConsciousMan01: 9:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
So I started working on it, after downloading and importing the data into my postgresql database, I cleaned the data( remove some unnecessary columns and added new columns like the 'number of survivors') which was initially not in the data.
Grouped the crashes by year, found the sum of crashes and deaths by year and by operator type..
After exploring the data using postgresql, I had to use excel to visualize the data since have not learnt a proper visualization tools yet..

Will be uploading the excel charts soon

1 Like

Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by ConsciousMan01: 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
1.total number of crashes between 1908-2009
And number of crashes per year

Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by ConsciousMan01: 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
2. Crashes based on operators(military and non-military)

Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by ConsciousMan01: 9:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
3.the deaths toll

Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by ConsciousMan01: 9:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
This is all I could make of the dataset using just postgresql and excel from what have learnt so far.
Thought of adding this to my github repository but was intimidated grin when I went through the codes written by other data analyst and what they made out of the data.
So before going ahead to upload this to my github, thought of consulting the data analyst in here about what I could have done better with the data and if my result is good enough to upload online or add to one's CV.
Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by Sageez(m): 9:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Bar charts are for comparison, I feel you should have use pie chart instead to show your total number.
I haven't gone through the dataset though
Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by ConsciousMan01: 10:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Sageez:
Bar charts are for comparison, I feel you should have use pie chart instead to show your total number.
I haven't gone through the dataset though

Ohh!! Noted, thanks bro
Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by LikeAking: 1:21am On Mar 29, 2023
Oga find beta topic..
Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by ConsciousMan01: 6:33am On Mar 29, 2023
LikeAking:
Oga find beta topic..
you mean another dataset to work on?
Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by jesmond3945: 8:23am On Mar 29, 2023
ConsciousMan01:
This is all I could make of the dataset using just postgresql and excel from what have learnt so far.
Thought of adding this to my github repository but was intimidated grin when I went through the codes written by other data analyst and what they made out of the data.
So before going ahead to upload this to my github, thought of consulting the data analyst in here about what I could have done better with the data and if my result is good enough to upload online or add to one's CV.
go ahead and upload it bro. Then update it as time goes on.
Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by ConsciousMan01: 10:05am On Mar 29, 2023
jesmond3945:
go ahead and upload it bro. Then update it as time goes on.
thanks bro
Re: Help Review This Data Analytics Project by Munoke(f): 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Alx Projects / I Need A Whatsapp Group / Check Out My Plexox Picture App Made With React JS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.