Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Should I Enroll For A Bsc Top-up Or PGD Programme In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Enroll For A Bsc Top-up Or PGD Programme In Nigeria? (605 Views)

Will BSC Top Up Programs Backfire? / Is There Pgd Programme Abroad / Bsc Top Up/hnd Conversion Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Enroll For A Bsc Top-up Or PGD Programme In Nigeria? by AdeoyeAdefemi: 10:39am On Mar 29, 2023
Dear Nairalander, I need your advice.

I studied business administration in Benin Republic where I graduated with a 2.1. I have the intention of going for a master’s in Nigeria but after careful thought, I changed my plan of studying in Nigeria.

I have applied to many schools that accept the Benin Republic certificate for masters in the UK but the applications are being rejected because it seems they don't recognize my school and the schools in the UK that recognize Benin Certificate, classified it as HND.

I’m contemplating on upgrading my certificate through a BSc top-up program in Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Rivers State where I will be starting from the 400 level or should I go for a PGD program at the University Of Port Harcourt?

Apart from getting admission to Uk universities, I also want to get scholarship opportunities which I think the Benin Certificate will be a big hinderance. Can I use a PGD Certificate to get a scholarship?

Fynestboi, Richiez, olawalebabs Please, help me to move it to the front page for a good contribution
Re: Should I Enroll For A Bsc Top-up Or PGD Programme In Nigeria? by sandammy(m): 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Dear Nairalander, I need your advice.

I studied business administration in Benin Republic where I graduated with a 2.1. I have the intention of going for a master’s in Nigeria but after careful thought, I changed my plan of studying in Nigeria.

I have applied to many schools that accept the Benin Republic certificate for masters in the UK but the applications are being rejected because it seems they don't recognize my school and the schools in the UK that recognize Benin Certificate, classified it as HND.

I’m contemplating on upgrading my certificate through a BSc top-up program in Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Rivers State where I will be starting from the 400 level or should I go for a PGD program at the University Of Port Harcourt?

Apart from getting admission to Uk universities, I also want to get scholarship opportunities which I think the Benin Certificate will be a big hinderance. Can I use a PGD Certificate to get a scholarship?

Fynestboi, Richiez, olawalebabs Please, help me to move it to the front page for a good contribution
@OP, just do the top all since it will be the same duration with applying four PGD. I will advise you to do this in a recognized University. Good luck
Re: Should I Enroll For A Bsc Top-up Or PGD Programme In Nigeria? by AdeoyeAdefemi: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2023
sandammy:

@OP, just do the top all since it will be the same duration with applying four PGD. I will advise you to do this in a recognized University. Good luck

Thanks very much.

(1) (Reply)

� Need Top-notch Writing Assistance? Look No Further Than Avenue Digitals / DESOPADEC Commissioner Adopts Twin Brothers For Scholarship Till University / What Is Part Time Duration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.