Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) (33793 Views)

FUTO Staff And Students Welcome Abia Returning Officer, Oti With Funfair (Video) / We Are Disappointed With Inec's Decision To Review Obingwa's Results - Abia PDP / Adamawa: REC Allegedly Pressurizes Returning Officer To Manipulate Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by Naijalarry: 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPPdgS0NCkc

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Returning Officer in the Abia State governorship election, Prof. Nnenna Oti, has revealed that she was offered financial incentives to manipulate the election results.

Before Alex Otti was declared the governor-elect last Wednesday, collation of the results for Obingwa Local Government Area (LGA) were briefly suspended by INEC, arousing tension amongst the electorate and stakeholders in the state.

Oti, who is also the Vice Chancellor of the Federal University of Technology Owerri, made the revelation on Tuesday while being welcomed by the management, staff and students of the university.

She stated that before the final declaration of the result, she was promised huge monetary inducement to change the will and mandate of the people of Abia but that she remained resolute in the face of heavy intimidation and threats.

“As an electoral officer, I have never in my life participated in any election, but duty came calling, I made my enquiries from Abuja,” Oti said.

“If I perish, I perish, they came with their threats, they came with their money, they came with their intimidation.”

She stated that she stood on her ideals and principles not to short-change anyone and ensured that the will of the people of Abia prevailed and that their votes counted during the election.

“I didn’t start today; I stand here before God, Jesus Christ. I have never defrauded anyone, all I did was to declare the riot act as follows: Under me, votes must count. Under me, the people’s mandate will be upheld because I, Professor Nnenna Oti, can never do evil,” she said.

The declared results by the returning officer saw the Labour Party (LP) candidate, Alex Otti score 175,467 votes to defeat Okey Ahiwe and Enyinnaya Nwafor, who got 88,529 and 28,972, respectively.

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2023/03/29/i-was-threatened-pressurised-to-manipulate-results-abia-inec-returning-officer-otti/

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 29, 2023
We have something in common which makes us always the odd one out, we don’t succumb to evil and manipulations, God bless you ma.

253 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by Quest7777: 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2023
Very commendable. 👍

These are the kind of impeccable characters we need in government to take Nigeria to next level.

Impeccable characters different from balablu blublu bulaba. cool

255 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by Pierocash(m): 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2023
May the God you serve preserve,bless, and prosper you for resisting evil. Not only you,may the almighty God transfer the blessing to your children.

225 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by alanto: 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2023
Very fine woman kiss

208 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by LadyExcellency: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
Another Dorah Akunyelu

144 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by nepapole(m): 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
You will be rewarded accordingly...

Only few Nigerians can reject such offers.
I am one of the few.... cool

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by nepapole(m): 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2023
LadyExcellency:
Another Dorah Akunyelu

Akunyelu ke!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by OGwales(m): 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
Madam rest... We don hear but we are not interested in your long story. You simply favoured your husband distance cousin, Otti. Plus you were fully paid by INEC. The INEC chairman was also threatened by the dense, yet he no make noise. He simply did his job yes, The INEC chairman did better and the will of the loving Nigerians prevailed.

33 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
PDP threatened LPDP,
This is commendable ma.
You did a good job there for standing your ground.
We need more like you in our Region.

OGwales:
Madam rest... We don hear but we are not interested in your long story.
You simply favoured your distance cousin, Otti. The INEC chairman did better and the will of the loving Nigerians prevailed.

MorolayoVictor:
This again?
Haven't we passed this yet?
Words of wise men of our land.........

broadman20:

If what you are doing here is right before the almighty God maker of heaven and earth.

May it be well with you and your family.

But if not, may God in heaven who is our maker, disgrace you and your family beyond words can say and we can ever imagined.

This prayer is said,

In the name of God the father,

God the son,

And God the holy spirit......Amen.
AMEN AMEN AMEN in the MIGHTY name of Jesus Christ.
So shall it be and continue to be for all of us at [color=#006600][/color] by the special Grace of God for doing the right thing in the eyes of God and for loving our darling nation too the moon and back.

Broadman,
Using your exact words...

Quote : If what we are doing here is right before the almighty God maker of heaven and earth.

May God in heaven who is our maker,
disgrace you and your family beyond words can say and we can ever imagined

This prayer is said,
In the name of God the father,
God the son,
And God the holy spirit......Amen

And all the prayers and whatever you say will happen in your and our lives in the next fortnight.
And the people shall see, as long as God lives.
You asked for it 😉

We Rise.

HilcomTech:

Was she not the same crooked professor Nnenna Otti the FUTO VC that awarded ISA Pantami his Professor without Pantami ever stepping foot in FUTO
Like seriously?
This country sef.
Na so everyone go dey form Saint until dem open dem yansh like fowls.
Just imagine!!
Na so PandoraObi running mate dey collect money dash those corrupt politicians degrees like water, where you become a Barrister in 2 years!
There was a country!!

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by MorolayoVictor(m): 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
This again?

Haven't we passed this yet?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kingcalls:

Close mouth...u are one of them ...don't pretend...all u that supported evil in this last election will have ur children and children children suffer and they will not know whr the problem is from
She supported evil by voting for the candidate of her choice?
A candidate that over 8 million Nigerians voted for?
So those millions of people are evil aight?
That is why you are cursing iyaebeThegreat this way?
Cos she refused to support your PandoraObi or Atiku?
So Nairalanders can't express themselves without being mobbed or cursed by you and your species?

If this is not 'slur and inciteful speech', we don't know what that is again.
Shame on you.

LadyExcellency:
Another Dorah Akunyelu
MichaelSokoto:
our very present Dora Akunyili!

Make una just.......

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by Goodlady(f): 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
An Amazon doing wonders in the midst of men. If it was a man, he d have collected bribes upon bribes and turn away the will of the masses. Ndi Abia ll be great.

Nevertheless I want Obidients to be Obidients and not Obidióts. Fight responsibly.

1 Like

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
Ok. It is well.
Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by hopefulLandlord: 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
What of when you awarded Pantami professorship? did you do that because you were threatened too? what do you have to say for yourself? or you only resist when resisting would favour someone related to you?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by Tookool(m): 6:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
alanto:
Very fine woman kiss
Inner beauty ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by casualobserver: 6:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
We don hear. Thank God no be APC dey Abia. PDP and Labour Party, 2 brothers fighting.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by Peterobiisathie(f): 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2023
Electoral malpractices are just too much in Alaibo

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2023
Tookool:

Inner beauty ?
Haba....
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder biko.....
Oya, chop...

Tookool:

Inner beauty is the best na
You are right sha.
Character, behavior and attitude make a woman.
Not painting faces.
We concur.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by truthfinder319: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
Letter to children of hate

Your religious sentiment is a failure: the first party
To
1. Have a Catholic Reverend father as a Governor in Benue
2. Have a 26 year old lady as an assembly member in Kwara
3. The first Southern Muslim as President since 1960

Get used to President Bola Tinubu for 4 or 8 years

Asiwaju was Treasurer to Mobil, Senator, Governor and now President

Your generation cannot match that record.

Peace.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
Tinubu spotted
OGwales:
Madam rest... We don hear but we are not interested in your long story. You simply favoured your distance cousin, Otti. The INEC chairman did better and the will of the loving Nigerians prevailed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by kaymart: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
grin
nepapole:

Akunyelu ke!
Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by raskymonojendor: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
Very commendable.

But we still need to educated voters that their votes are more important than jollof rice and Okpa.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
our very present Dora Akunyili!

cool

1 Like

Re: I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2023
truthfinder319:
Letter to children of hate

Your religious sentiment is a failure: the first party
To
1. Have a Catholic Reverend father as a Governor in Benue
2. Have a 26 year old lady as an assembly member in Kwara
3. The first Southern Muslim as President since 1960

Get used to President Bola Tinubu for 4 or 8 years

Asiwaju was Treasurer to Mobil, Senator, Governor and now President

Your generation cannot match that record.

Peace.
GBAMSOLUTELY!
Preach it louder.......

God bless your parents for giving us a King like you Mr Truth.
Truth is not bitter, just that some people are bitter to the truth.

END OF THREAD.

54 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Urges Nigerians To Consider Bicycles For Transportation / Atiku Formed Dubious Coalition With Saraki And Obj Because Of 2019 - Omatseye / Hoodlums Storm Airport Cargo Terminal In Ilorin, Cart Away COVID-19 Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.