Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation (14068 Views)

Army Denies Detaining Musa Adamu Over Religious Affiliation / 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC / The Next Census Will Cost Over N220 Billion - Population Commission Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by zeuss: 9:45pm On Mar 29, 2023
SmartPolician:
Nobody wants to know the true population of tribes and religion in Nigeria. We conveniently keep running a pseudo-country that doesn't even exist in the first place.
Especially the Muslim North..
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Deefirm: 9:45pm On Mar 29, 2023
In Nigeria, once an agency of the government respond to any allegation, just know that's exactly what they're going to DO!!!

RUBBISH!!!!!

sojiboy:
2023 CENSUS WILL NOT CANVASS QUESTION ON RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Dotherightthing: 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2023
Correct!

One can be a muslim in the morning and a christian in the evening smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Rotji(m): 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2023
They should please, because some ignorant lots want to use ridiculously false analysis to deceive their followers that only Christians voted for LP and only Muslims voted for PDAPC. Very ignoramus way of thinking, they now want to cover it up by supporting that religious affiliations should not be inquired grin cool

Let them use bio-metrics in this Censors like they did BVAS in the elections so that fowl nyash go blow open. Some people have been rigging both elections and censors since time imoriver cool grin.

With this development they wouldn't be able to count their cattle, goats, sheep, chickens and trees as people during Censors or votes during elections again. grin grin grin cool cool

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by meum: 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2023
It should religion, tribe, political party

We must know the true state of things in this corntree.

Just ensure the numbers are not adjusted at the census office😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Nchenches: 9:54pm On Mar 29, 2023
sojiboy:

You exclude religion and ethnicity, the two most important factors that determine the direction of Nigeria. What use then is the census?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Rotji(m): 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
Okiton:
cheesy
I will refuse to be counted

My vote wasn't counted, should I be counted

Dear people if your vote wasn't counted, reject to be counted

Voter apathy dey rob una o, and now censors apathy go rob una more. Cos your guys that side go count cows, sheep, all animals and even trees as people, then dem go dey brag say na dem plenty pass o
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by farem: 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
sojiboy:

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by geesilver(m): 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2023
I don't know why people are afraid of being enumerated, you can't transfer aggression from INEC to NPC. To different entities. It's only reasonable to understand the meaning of census and how important it is for national planning for both private and government
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Benitoh: 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2023
How can they conduct a credible census without
vital informations like religion and ethnicity What are they hiding that only God knows.

This country is not only a joke but a total fraudulent package. Wow what a country.

They keep hiding the truth from the masses for their own gains and that of the British.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Benitoh: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2023
Okiton:
cheesy

If they refuse the inclusion of the most important factors like ethnicity and religion then I'll advise everyone to stay away from that joke called census.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Proudlyomonna: 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2023
Okiton:
cheesy

SECONDED.
The Artisans, Farmers, Market Women,Traders, Civil servants and legit hustling Nigerians trooped out to vote this time bcus INEC scammed them into believing that they have found a way to ensure that their votes will count.
They should boycott this CENSUS and tell the organizers to GO TO COURT.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Benitoh: 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
franchasofficia:

Igbos please don't interfere in Lagos census, don't allow them to count you to avoid thugs attacking you for interfering in Lagos indigenes matter biko. Stay safe, don't let anybody count you outside your state wink
The earlier igbos start having sense in this country the better for them. Igbos should stop interfering.

that will be all for now.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by benjaminlawson(m): 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2023
I don't know why we hate truth in this country, when you are filling form for institution and employment they ask you your religion and your tribe. Some people we claimed their religion is 70% of total population, but when the time come to ascertain the truth, the same religion now forbid answer in that aspect. Nigeria will never move forward with this attitude, this people have made the labour of our heroes past to be in vain in Nigeria with their deceptive attitude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by faste: 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2023
SmartPolician:
Nobody wants to know the true population of tribes and religion in Nigeria. We conveniently keep running a pseudo-country that doesn't even exist in the first place.
The figures have already been determined.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by senteugene: 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2023
Hope there will be public holiday
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by id911(m): 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
geesilver:
I don't know why people are afraid of being enumerated, you can't transfer aggression from INEC to NPC. To different entities. It's only reasonable to understand the meaning of census and how important it is for national planning for both private and government
Why do you think they should even do census now when the country is not stable and the current administration is ending?

There's no country in the world that does census without including ethnicity and religion as part of their data. Is this a country? I refuse to be enumerated and be part of this deceit.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Grit2943(m): 10:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
Lovenorth:
The just concluded presidential election has already shown the majority religion in Nigeria so no need to include it again
You mean all the people that voted APC during the presidential election belong to one faith?

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by SouthernPlateau: 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2023
Didn't you see Boris Johnson with his laptop? That's y the census will be like that. grin
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by geesilver(m): 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2023
id911:

Why do you think they should even do census now when the country is not stable and the current administration is ending?

There's no country in the world that does census without including ethnicity and religion as part of their data. Is this a country? I refuse to be enumerated and be part of this deceit.
it wasn't planned for this year but 2020 but due to covid it was shifted till 2023, alot of resources have been put into it, from trial census to EAD, procurement, trainings and retraining etc. Only if you know the levels of work done so far, what is left is just the final stage of it. Which is few trainings and the exercises.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by kareemkamil(m): 11:01pm On Mar 29, 2023
Who's taking religion serious in this country again. Buhari don spoiled our daddy's G.O market na.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Gbogbowa: 11:26pm On Mar 29, 2023
My vote was not counted so i will not be counted
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by id911(m): 11:26pm On Mar 29, 2023
geesilver:
it wasn't planned for this year but 2020 but due to covid it was shifted till 2023, alot of resources have been put into it, from trial census to EAD, procurement, trainings and retraining etc. Only if you know the levels of work done so far, what is left is just the final stage of it. Which is few trainings and the exercises.
So Nigeria will not exist again if the outgoing Government of Buhari pass it on to the next Government to do it later in the year right?
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Gbogbowa: 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2023
Pls tell us the progress achieved by the last census, how many houses was built by this administration to close up house deficiet in the Nation . Nigeria is a scam, dont waste another money pls shqre the money to Nigerians in need to take care of their needs
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by marostan(m): 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
Without all those, what then are the indices for this census? What's census without ethnicity and religion? They've planned to go and squander another money like EyeNeck did. Which way Naija?
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by nkemjacob2(m): 12:11am On Mar 30, 2023
Can anything good comes from Nazareth ?
There is no institution working well in Nigeria not even NPC the whole process will be compromise just as INEC. Nigeria is already in shamble waiting for who to rescue.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by 9jaRealist: 1:41am On Mar 30, 2023
sojiboy:

DUMB decision….

A census is supposed to take a picture of the nation’s population, demographics and characteristics! Instead, everything’s being sacrificed on the altar of chop-I-chop politics, for there’s no other reason for this decision except that it would cause more fighting over the SHARING (never production, mind you) of the commonwealth and offices (the easiest route to wealth in Nigeria).

>
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Formation10: 2:00am On Mar 30, 2023
They should just keep adding figures because i fit leave my work for one useless sensor,who sensor help
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation by Formation10: 2:08am On Mar 30, 2023
I don't know why they want to waste people time they should just add figures and tell to world because that is what 9ja knows how to do,as for me them no fit see me cont because i no fit leave my work wen i take sustain for one useless sensor,who sensor don help for 9ja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obiano Is An Igala Man From Ibaji LGA, Kogi State / Frank Ibezim Sworn In As Senator Representing Imo North Zone / Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.