Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Skin Toning Cream - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Skin Toning Cream (143603 Views)

Is QE1+ A Toning And Good Cream / Whats' The Difference Between Bleaching And Skin Toning? / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skin Toning Cream by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 02, 2007
pls my fellow nairalanders i use to be light in complexion before but now skin has reall change which i don't even like pls recommend any skin toning cream for me but i don't want a bleaching cream.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skin Toning Cream by omoge25(f): 7:40am On Sep 02, 2007
@ poster
whats the difference between a skin toning cream and a bleach cream. If you look at either bottle they both have the same active ingredients in them Hydroquinone.
Anyway my auntie swears by that Maxi-Tone Skin Milk ,
Re: Skin Toning Cream by nike4luv(f): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2007
maxi tone doesnt really bleach skin, it just maintains the skin colour. so theres a difference between a toning and bleaching cream

2 Likes

Re: Skin Toning Cream by omoge25(f): 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2007
nike4luv:

maxi tone doesnt really bleach skin, it just maintains the skin colour. so theres a difference between a toning and bleaching cream
look at the ingriendents its active ingredients is Hydroquinone 2%, thats a bleaching agent.
Google it.

@poster if you want to use a product with more Hydroquinone like an 8% you have to go to a dermatologist to prescribe it, all these products wont carry more than 2%

Re: Skin Toning Cream by nike4luv(f): 11:56pm On Sep 02, 2007
i use maxitone, been using since july girl and theres nothing wrong with my skin. im light skinned and nothings changed. my aunties use it and nothing. i dont think it bleaches

1 Like

Re: Skin Toning Cream by cuteass1(f): 12:22am On Sep 03, 2007
@ omoge25

nike4luv is right . .not all skin toners are bleachers.

I've heard that fashion-fair should be a good one, no hydroquinone added wink
Re: Skin Toning Cream by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2007
ok thanx a lot
Re: Skin Toning Cream by suze(f): 9:07am On Sep 03, 2007
Dont use anything that contains hydroquinone.Its not good for the skin. And whatever creamyou are using, always make sure it contains sun- screen e.g SPF-15 or SPF-25. If not your toning will be in vain and you'll even get darker.

1 Like

Re: Skin Toning Cream by zionpikin: 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2007
How about somebody that is dark in complexion is nivea cream okay?
Re: Skin Toning Cream by suze(f): 10:44am On Sep 04, 2007
Based on what I heard from someone thta has used it before, Nivea cream makes people darker
Re: Skin Toning Cream by brownbaby(f): 11:46am On Sep 12, 2007
Hi,

Its going to be my wedding in less than two months and i'm trying to brighten my complexion for the occassion,
I'm dark/chocolaty in complexion. Some one then recommended Clear essence and fashion fair cream for me with skin success soap. What do u think, is it ok.
Re: Skin Toning Cream by omoge25(f): 5:09am On Sep 13, 2007
brownbaby:

Hi,

Its going to be my wedding in less than two months and i'm trying to brighten my complexion for the occassion,
I'm dark/chocolaty in complexion. Some one then recommended Clear essence and fashion fair cream for me with skin success soap. What do u think, is it ok.

congrats on your upcomping wedding, as for the cream 2months hmm you might have to go to a dermatologist and have them prescribe something for you. I have heard of the fashion fair cream, my roommie used it to lighten a scar she had on her calf from bike accident.
Re: Skin Toning Cream by Seun(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2008
@brownbaby:
Your husband chose to marry you with your current complexion. Why must you trouble yourself?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skin Toning Cream by origina9ja(f): 5:52am On Jun 26, 2008
diis cream thang iz dangerous mn
feel good with wat eva u look like no matter what
lipsrsealed
Re: Skin Toning Cream by agiboma(f): 10:19am On Jul 08, 2008
hey

i see nothing wrong with skin bleaching or toning, yes it has its risk but as an individual you have to feel comforteble in your own skin and if you feel that lightening your skin will make you feel better then you should do it. people all over the world are lightening. i had melasma and had so many dark patches on my skin that i had to lighten to even out the skin tone and i love my new color. i bought my products from overseas and now the seller has moved into nigeria so i can get it locally, and the best part is the product produces pemanent lightening so i dont have to use it for the rest of my life to maintain my new white color.

well people good luck in whatever you choose to do

agi

1 Like

Re: Skin Toning Cream by origina9ja(f): 10:53am On Jul 08, 2008
ma last advice
skin toning sad
i jst feel like it bad
wat the point
light, dark or blick
it doesnt matter its also a waste of money undecided
Re: Skin Toning Cream by agiboma(f): 11:39am On Jul 08, 2008
hi

i disagree i love my new color and it makes me feel good, but i can appreciate your opinon and view on this topic

agi
Re: Skin Toning Cream by oyekumbi(f): 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2008
smiley congrts on your upcomin weddin. But a little advice, dont stress yourself ova cream or stuffs, just be urself, eat fruits, sleep well.Dont use creams dat ave got hydroquinone lyk u heard b4. Aviod too much thinkin cos dese actually can make u lose colour. I wish u the best(just got married myself in April, so I kno wat ure tokin about) .Dont forget to always pray sha. smiley
Re: Skin Toning Cream by DisGuy: 9:43am On Jul 09, 2008
The long term effects of using skin lightening products
Hydroquinone or Mercury applied to the skin will react with ultra violet rays and re-oxidise, leading to more pigmentation and premature ageing. More product is then applied in an attempt to correct the darker blotchy appearance.

These are the beginnings of a vicious cycle. By altering the skins natural structure and inhibiting the production of Melanin, it’s natural protection, the skin is more susceptible to skin cancer.

Prolonged use of Hydroquinone will thicken collegen fibres damaging the connective tissues. The result is rough blotchy skin leaving it with a spotty cavier appearance.

Mercury will slowly accumulate within the skin cells striping the skin of it’s natural pigment leaving behind the tell tale signs of gray/ blue pigmentation in the folds of the skin. In the long term the chemical will damage vital organs and lead to liver and kidney failure and mercury poisoning.

http://www.black-history-month.co.uk/articles/skin_lightening_products.html
Re: Skin Toning Cream by oghogho4: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2008
yea like what Seun said, ur husband 2 b saw u in ur natural color b4 he agreed 2 marry u.plz dont sopil ur fine natural color cos of beauty. i advise dat u eat lots friuts, drink a lot of water n rest well b4 d day.1 tin about creams is dat on d long run it gives offencive ordors n patches,wether toning or bleachin.
Re: Skin Toning Cream by aisha12(f): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2008
agiboma what is the cream you used dat is good for you and even the distributor is now in Nigeria.pls expantiate
Re: Skin Toning Cream by agiboma(f): 8:46am On Jul 10, 2008
hi aisha

it was a cream that i bought in canada, it works by permanently killing the melocytes that produce colour so the skin becomes light or even white if that is your desired coolour, complete depig usually takes anywhee from a year to 2 years of constant usage, if your looking for such creaam email me directly and i will provide you with the info to contact the company in nigeria or in canada my email is agiboma@gmail.com

best rregards
agi
Re: Skin Toning Cream by coolier(f): 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2008
brownbaby:

Hi,

Black is beautiful. Don't damage your skin. And congrats on your wedding.
Re: Skin Toning Cream by ChiBabe2(f): 1:25am On Jul 12, 2008
Its very sad to see women that have a naturally nice brown skin town try to fuk it up with this stupid bleachin. Are u not proud with what your parents gave u? don't u knw there are white people that would tan themselves to burnt ashes just to have an ounce of your BROWN color. NA WA OOOOO

I PITY You. You HAV A MAN THATS TO MARRY You AND THIS IS THE THING TROUBLING UR MIND. AH AH! shocked angry undecided
Re: Skin Toning Cream by origina9ja(f): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2008
Chi*Babe:

Its very sad to see women that have a naturally nice brown skin town try to fuk it up with this stupid bleachin. Are u not proud with what your parents gave u? don't u knw there are white people that would tan themselves to burnt ashes just to have an ounce of your BROWN color. NA WA OOOOO

I PITY You. You HAV A MAN THATS TO MARRY You AND THIS IS THE THING TROUBLING UR MIND. AH AH! shocked angry undecided

even me i shocked shocked shocked shocked 4 ppl way dey bleach

1 Like

Re: Skin Toning Cream by shylladear(f): 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2008
Nature Essence is cool thats what i use it gives u your natural colour and also brithens you up grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skin Toning Cream by jascon1(m): 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2011
People talk anyhow here. Someone is asking for a suggestion and u are criticizing. Do u think u know better She wants to clean up for her best day in life. She is not seeking to bleach. Dont be blunt n shallow-minded people. if she was seeking advice she would have gone to her grandmama to give her kernel pomade and not y'all. All brides do this. fashion is fashion and if you dont like this topic or have anything positive to say, just scroll on by. i am here cos i seek same. i have been swimming a lot these few months and the chlorine in the pool water has made me so dark. As i speak few people believe i am the one in my old pics. i have a mirror and i know how dark i am now, cos even my mother tells me. I am not seeking to bleach my skin, no. i seek to tone my skin. This isn't my natural tone and i dont prefer this. Even my aunty at 85 years looks sweet in her toned skin. I will try fashion fair.

5 Likes

Re: Skin Toning Cream by vivicole: 1:30am On Nov 22, 2011
what is the diff b/w toning and bleaching.to me they are ll the same
Re: Skin Toning Cream by Sharon600(f): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2011
There is a big difference between toning and bleaching.

http://www.skincaregist.com/skin-care-tips/ambi-skin-care/
Re: Skin Toning Cream by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 29, 2011
agiboma:

hey

i see nothing wrong with skin bleaching or toning, yes it has its risk but as an individual you have to feel comforteble in your own skin and if you feel that lightening your skin will make you feel better then you should do it. people all over the world are lightening. i had melasma and had so many dark patches on my skin that i had to lighten to even out the skin tone and i love my new color. i bought my products from overseas and now the seller has moved into nigeria so i can get it locally, and the best part is the product produces pemanent lightening so i dont have to use it for the rest of my life to maintain my new white color.

agi

Monkey see, monkey do.

1 Like

Re: Skin Toning Cream by diva90: 3:42am On Nov 24, 2012
What product r u using?

agiboma: hey

agi
Re: Skin Toning Cream by MissBEdazzle: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
Hello agiboma, pls I would like to know the products use that gave u the lovely color. Am so happy for u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plz Who Knows About "Perfect White Body Lotion"? / A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER / Lingerie! A Must Have!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.