Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery (32219 Views)

Mock JAMB: Oyedepo's Covenant University Stops Hijab-wearing Muslim Candidates / Mock Jamb 2019: Weekly Timetable / Let's Discuss.. Do You Think Jamb Was Not High For Putting Cut Off At 120 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by shobam1410(m): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2023
Purely utter mockery.

My son was billed to take the 7am exams.
It was story story till nearly 7 pm when they were all asked to go home without writing the exam. About 450 students in all. They told them a rescheduled date would be communicated.
It was a show of shame in Abuja
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by shobam1410(m): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mummyfour:
Students from far and near went to their different jamb exam centers to write the mock exams today.

The exam was supposed to be in two batches.
There was a batch A that was slated for7 am and candidates were expected to have been seated by 6:30 am, then there was the 9 am batch and the candidates were also expected to have been in their centers by 8:30 am.
I actually took my daughter to the CBT professional test centre at bwari FCT not few metres away from the JAMB head office here In Abuja, that was her center.
It was an annoying situation when even as at 12:30 pm the candidates that were billed for the 7am exams had not started.

Parents that were waiting for their children became apprehensive and couldn't just understand what the delay was about.
Most of the children had not eaten and some parents had actually done drop off with the mind of coming later for their ward.

Most of the children that had been dropped off, had no money, phones or even food because they felt they could endure whatever hunger until after the exams.

At about 12:40pm, 3 coaster buses drove into the centre and the staff and security personnel at the centre began to direct some of the children to get on the buses.
In the process, some parents raised alarm and began to shout even as they wondered at the rationale behind such action.
At a point some of the children that had seen parents yelling at them to get off the buses, quickly did.

Meanwhile before then, no body not a even staff came out to address the waiting parents as to what was really going on, and when parents asked them, all they were told was that network was slow thereby affecting "thumb printing", for 6 hours?

It was at the point when parents were yelling at the gate that the Registrar of Jamb drove in with 3 Hilux trucks of security men armed to the teeth.

He grudgingly stepped out to address the parents because they compelled him to.
Before then, parents had begun to look for snacks and drinks for their children who had started complaining of hunger. They kept on coming to the gate to talk and complain to their parents, because they were not in the exam hall, but under a makeshift tent.
Some were even feeling sleepy and tired after staying up late to read at night.

The Registrar with every sense of pomposity told us that we were breaking the law because we came close to the gate to give our hungry children food and drinks.
It's not as if they made any provisions for the children o.

We were even expecting him as a father to sympathize with the children and beg them for understanding being their fault that their systems were not working.

When he said that, all hell let loose.
Parents began to scream at him out of anger, because we were expecting some kind of explanation or even apologies. Instead he told us that we should not have come close to the gate.

I asked him how we would have been able to pass on the food items to our children, and that if they had done the right thing, there would not have been any reason for parents to come close to the gate.
At that question, he began to ramble and tell us stories of network failure and all those annoying lies.

He subsequently told us that the second batch were to get on the buses and go and write the exam in jamb office.

A parent asked how the children will come back to the original center they were posted and he swore that the buses will bring them back

To cut the story short, the exams actually started at 3:45pm and ended at 5:30pm.

And the shocker we received was that those children that were taken to the jamb office had to trek all the way back to their former center, except for those that their parents took them their with either bikes or vehicles.

I don't know when we will get it right in this country.
Ordinary mock jamb in FCT..
So how would it be in other states and local government areas?.

It keeps getting worse every year.
And those children came out of the center broken, dissolutioned, and frustrated. You could see the children that were all fired up in the morning, and ready to do justice to the Mock exam, coming out very cold and troubled.

I have said it, let us go back to the days of shading with HB pencil abeg
It's not worth it.
We can't seem to get any thing right in this country.
Ordinary computer based test?

Mods please push to front page
Purely utter mockery.

It was story story till nearly 7 pm when they were all asked to go home without writing the exam. About 450 students in all. They told them a rescheduled date would be communicated.

1 Like

Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Mummyfour(f): 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2023
ibawon:
Only 1 of my wards could write. Left home at about 5:30am and couldn't write till about 3:15pm. I hope and pray this won't be what they face come the real exam day.
this is my fear exactly.
Just hoping this would not be the case with the main jamb o

1 Like

Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Shedrack777: 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2023
fykes:
This is what happens to a so called country built on tribalism and nepotism.

Where the brightest citizens are ruled by quota system opportunists
what is the meaning of nepotism?
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by funshint(m): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2023
The current JAMB registrar has only succeeded in making more money for the govt....JAMB is now a mess!
Technology is meant to make life easier but not in Nigeria; ordinary to make corrections in data entry after submission is problem. Students will register in their locality, you'll throw them to far away place for the exam. I just don't get it!
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by shobam1410(m): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2023
Purely utter mockery.

Northernblood7:
@Mummyfour

I was among Jamb staffs. It's not thumb printing anything. Jamb is no longer using autobot jamb software they used last year. They are now using Custom browser.

Now they didn't inform Jamb centres of this latest development until a day before the mock exam when they came to run dummy test.

There were flaws in the software because the one developed for 32bit operating system was not working. Even the 64 bit system only run on Windows 10 with latest Java installed. All these things where discovered on ground on the mock day. We closed by 10:30pm because we were trying to understand how the software runs. Even on the mock day, any centre that didn't start exactly the stipulated time by jamb will be automatically rescheduled to afternoon which likely played out here.

It was later in the day that we were told to use latest chrome browser to login using our server IP for each candidates system. It was hell. I Blame Jamb HQ for testing new innovation on ground instead of within.

Seun mynd44
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by 7upnigeria: 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2023
Gadafii:
Inec and jamb na the same thing

One spend billions to conduct nonsense, they other generate billions with nothing to show for it

Sometimes I wonder if God is really aware Nigeria exists

You've not visited Somalia or Central Africa republic, you'll ask if God actually cares about anything that happens in Africa
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by bonnyhope: 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mummyfour:
Students from far and near went to their different jamb exam centers to write the mock exams today.

There was a batch A that was slated for7 am and candidates were expected to have been seated by 6:30 am, then there was the 9 am batch and the candidates were also expected to have been in their centers by 8:30 am.
I actually took my daughter to the CBT professional test centre at bwari FCT not few metres away from the JAMB head office here In Abuja, that was her center.
It was an annoying situation when even as at 12:30 pm the candidates that were billed for the 7am exams had not started.

Parents that were waiting for their children became apprehensive and couldn't just understand what the delay was about.
Most of the children had not eaten and some parents had actually done drop off with the mind of coming later for their ward.

Most of the children that had been dropped off, had no money, phones or even food because they felt they could endure whatever hunger until after the exams.

At about 12:40pm, 3 coaster buses drove into the centre and the staff and security personnel at the centre began to direct some of the children to get on the buses.
In the process, some parents raised alarm and began to shout even as they wondered at the rationale behind such action.
At a point some of the children that had seen parents yelling at them to get off the buses, quickly did.

Meanwhile before then, no body not a even staff came out to address the waiting parents as to what was really going on, and when parents asked them, all they were told was that network was slow thereby affecting "thumb printing", for 6 hours?

It was at the point when parents were yelling at the gate that the Registrar of Jamb drove in with 3 Hilux trucks of security men armed to the teeth.

Before then, parents had begun to look for snacks and drinks for their children who had started complaining of hunger. They kept on coming to the gate to talk and complain to their parents, because they were not in the exam hall, but under a makeshift tent.

The Registrar with every sense of pomposity told us that we were breaking the law because we came close to the gate to give our hungry children food and drinks.

We were even expecting him as a father to sympathize with the children and beg them for understanding being their fault that their systems were not working.

Parents began to scream at him out of anger, because we were expecting some kind of explanation or even apologies. Instead he told us that we should not have come close to the gate.

I asked him how we would have been able to pass on the food items to our children, and that if they had done the right thing, there would not have been any reason for parents to come close to the gate.
At that question, he began to ramble and tell us stories of network failure and all those annoying lies.

He subsequently told us that the second batch were to get on the buses and go and write the exam in jamb office.

A parent asked how the children will come back to the original center they were posted and he swore that the buses will bring them back

To cut the story short, the exams actually started at 3:45pm and ended at 5:30pm.

And the shocker we received was that those children that were taken to the jamb office had to trek all the way back to their former center, except for those that their parents took them their with either bikes or vehicles.

And those children came out of the center broken, dissolutioned, and frustrated. You could see the children that were all fired up in the morning, and ready to do justice to the Mock exam, coming out very cold and troubled.

It's not worth it.

Your story sweet eh..h

As per the topic, Only God knows when we will get it correctly in this our dear nation

1 Like

Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Mummyfour(f): 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2023
shobam1410:
Purely utter mockery.

7pm?.
This is really sad.

Ordinary mock jamb o.

1 Like

Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by slivertongue: 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
Jamesbiodun:
Sincerely speaking jamb should be scrapped, it’s no more relevant to the old days,
They are just making money every year selling forms when they already know the candidate school can accept in a year… no improvement except they now have CBT

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Mercury12(m): 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
Emmastan291:
JAMB is not as tough as it was last 10 years
nothing change. The new generation kids just got smarter. That is how it works
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Mummyfour(f): 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
bonnyhope:

Your story sweet eh..h

As per the topic, Only God knows when we will get it correctly in this our dear nation
you like the story pass the context abi? grin
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by slivertongue: 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mummyfour:

It's not worth it.

let us go back to the days of shading with HB pencil abeg
It's not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2023
Luckysbab:

Yet, many were expecting magic - for INEC to have over 170,000 polling units results all uploaded at the same time.

We're funny in this country.
So why did INEC assure us of that? Is that stealing by tricks and deciet? Isn't it a crime?
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by MasterJayJay: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
The current registrar is a fool. He banned CBT registration in the whole of Aba. I am not surprised by the way you described him.
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Mummyfour(f): 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mercury12:
nothing change. The new generation kids just got smarter. That is how it works
we never had this kind of issue year in year out when we were writing jamb.

How are other children that are smarter in other saner climes treated? In other saner climes,they up their games. They upgrade.

Besides it is not about smart children, it is about a total system failure, from top to bottom
We no dey upgrade, we dey downgrade in everything.
Instead of wasting so much money in what is nit working, ket us go back to HB pencil shading
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by transient123(m): 3:10pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mummyfour:

It's not worth it.

I knew it will get messy when I was told I had to go to Abeokuta for my son to do mock exam, MOCK in Abeokuta from Lagos, who does that. I didn't even blink, outright cancellation.....he will prepare himself and will pass his exams by His grace. 6.30am and 9am batches kawai.

I just dodged a bomb of ineptitude, it shall be well with us as a people.

4 Likes

Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2023
Why is jamb registrar moving with 3 truck loads of armed police, who is he? An examination officer stressing an already understaffed police force, jamb is just an exam designed to fail students, it was designed to make sure people dat are good to go on a course don't get there, they derive pleasure in making it look like d exam is a tough one at the detriment of people's future, u set 100l exam for ss2-3 and expect them to pass
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by writeprof(m): 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2023
IS JAMB SUPPOSED TO BE A REVENUE GENERATING ORGANISATION OR EXAMINATION STANDARDISATION AND HARMONISATION ORGANISATION IN NIGERIA

UBA HAS NOW DECLARED A PROFIT OF 200BILLION+ IN THE MIDST OF THIS OUR ECONOMY. HOW DO THEY MAKE THIS MONEY
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by UnknownT: 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2023
Jamb is more of a revenue generating agency now. They are competing with Nigerian Customs and FIRS on who will generate the most revenue each year, so they wouldn't mind twerking the system to make the children to keep buying jamb form yearly
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by yemzone(m): 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
E dey pain me as I dey read your story.

I don't know why people become proud, egoistic when they have money and power. Some people deserves beating, like that registrar. No empathy at all, imagine the children trekked back from their centres.

Let's just do things right.
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by ayo2008: 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
2paid2Bmad:

You’re an i.diot, are the followers the Jamb chairman? Why do you fvctards like to sound politically correct on pressing issues?

Using offensive word is part of the mindset you have to work on . My view is a general view, not only about JAMB alone.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Zorn: 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
Luckysbab:

Yet, many were expecting magic - for INEC to have over 170,000 polling units results all uploaded at the same time.

INEC uploaded national assembly results but refused to upload presidential results. Please try to understand why people are complaining.
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Mummyfour(f): 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2023
transient123:

I knew it will get messy when I was told I had to go to Abeokuta for my son to do mock exam, MOCK in Abeokuta from Lagos, who does that. I didn't even blink, outright cancellation.....he will prepare himself and will pass his exams by His grace. 6.30am and 9am batches kawai.

I just dodged a bomb of ineptitude, it shall be well with us as a people.
grin you really dodge the bomb o

My daughter refused to go home when I saw that it wasn't going to end well. She said "mummy we have come all these far, we spent money for the mock, you had to queue for fuel before today,so we could get here, and besides since we have waited this long don't worry about me, I will be fine, I will wait" grin

I just dey look her.

As she later finished and came out, the next thing she was shouting was "mummy food, I am hungry, this is not buns or puff puff hunger o, but food hunger"
Every one around us that heard her burst into laughter.
It was a sort of comic relief.

One man just pointed one "food is ready" grin grin canteen to me out of sympathy for her, and another man asked me if I had cash to pay for the food that he would assist us. I told them thanks and gave my daughter the correct beans and bread i went back home to arrange for her, shortly after they began to write the exams and since my house was like 30-40 minutes away from the center

But those people that tried to come to my aid in getting her food,made me know we still have good Nigerians out there

2 Likes

Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by DJBIGGY(m): 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mummyfour:

It's not worth it.

The agenda to fully ridicule education in Nigeria is now in full force. With time, people will not see the need to take their kids to school as a result of this type of frustration. Wtf
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by enemyofprogress: 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2023
Let's tell ourselves the truth, Nigeria is nothing but a jungle. Nothing is really working again in the so called giant of Africa. Anyone that still believes in Nigeria needs to have his or her head examined.

Mynd44 I will never never forgive you, here on heart and in heaven
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by Yadid(m): 3:31pm On Mar 31, 2023
Even government in Nigeria does not obey the law. I thought the Saraki assembly passed into law that UTME results will be valid for three years. How come that is not the case? Every year,students have to rewrite even if they passed the previous year.

I still don't know how a country that has no steady power supply wants to start doing everything online. I know students who "failed" the post-UTME of a federal university because the IT system suddenly shut down at the commencement of the exam. Shame!
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by enemyofprogress: 3:32pm On Mar 31, 2023
ahnie:
Nawa o.
Everything in this country is in disarray.
which country? Nigeria na country? Abeg no let America, Britain, Canada, or even Benin Republic hear you o
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by XY23: 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2023
Lol. Sorry OP! You have just only pointed out the inefficiency, inadequacy and inhumanity in our systems as a Nation. Sadly, too your kids like others were victims. That is why we have been saying, one way or another; e go touch everybody las las since we don't want a country that works. If Nigeria doesn't work, we will all pay the price. You may be a political strategist or propagandist but you're contributing to the decay of our institutions by defending illegalities.
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by enemyofprogress: 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2023
Luckysbab:

stop supporting evils
Re: Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery by enemyofprogress: 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2023
XY23:
Lol. Sorry OP! You have just only pointed out the inefficiency, inadequacy and inhumanity in our systems as a Nation. Sadly, too your kids like others were victims. That is why we have been saying, one way or another; e go touch everybody las las since we don't want a country that works. If Nigeria doesn't work, we will all pay the price. You may be a political strategist or propagandist but you're contributing to the decay of our institutions by defending illegalities.
especially those BATists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics / No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU / Which Is The Most Used English Word On Nairaland For 2017?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.