Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigerian Comedian Basketmouth Ready To Retire From Comedy In 5 Years - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Comedian Basketmouth Ready To Retire From Comedy In 5 Years (168 Views)

"This Money Not From Comedy"-Reactions To Popular IG Comedians Buying Cars / Comedian Basketmouth Pictured All Smiles With Football Legend Rio Ferdinand / Davido To Retire From Music At Age 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Comedian Basketmouth Ready To Retire From Comedy In 5 Years by Chiomaboniface: 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2023
By Thav Tv

Popular Nigerian comedian, Bright Okpocha, well known as Basketmouth, has disclosed that he will quit comedy in five years.The comedian, who has been a fan favourite for many years, made this known in an interview with TVC on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, where he stated that he intends to make every single year leading up to his retirement count.

“Last year, I told myself and my team, you know what, I am going back to comedy. I want to do five years, and I am quitting. I am quitting in 5 years. I have got five years to do this, and I am done. I will still be cracking jokes, but it wouldn’t be a professional thing,” he said.

He also said he wants to venture into something different that will linger in the hearts of many people for a long time. “I want to experience something new, and I want to be remembered for something else other than comedy,” he added.This comes days after his colleague, AY Comedian, opened up about their long-time beef.

AY discussed how Basketmouth used to help him get connected with events when he was just getting started in the comedy business and how a sum of ₦30,000 caused the breakup.

As a result of the interview, Basketmouth’s previous discussion of the beef resurfaced. Prior to the video that was made, Basketmouth claimed that AY had ruined their relationship by divulging private information to a third party.

https://thavmedia.com/nigerian-comedian-basketmouth-ready-to-retire-from-comic-show-in-5-years/
Re: Nigerian Comedian Basketmouth Ready To Retire From Comedy In 5 Years by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2023
Dry jokes are the order of the day
Re: Nigerian Comedian Basketmouth Ready To Retire From Comedy In 5 Years by Foodqueen(f): 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ok

(1) (Reply)

A New Movie Done With Tinubu Is Out Titled Dice Game Asiwaju / “I Was Born Blind” – Singer, Chidinma Ekile Reveals (VIDEO) / Prince Erondu Uche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.