Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Lexus Gs 300 2004.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Gs 300 2004.. (1697 Views)

Lexus Gs 300 2004 2jz Gear / 2007/08 Lexus GS 350 And 2008 Mercedes-benz C300 / 2018 Lexus GS F (price, Photos And Features) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by 7bucklife: 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2023
After replacing my spark plugs with ngk,my fuel situation worsened. My muffler suddenly becomes black after like an hour drive. My gas mileage became very poor,buying 16 litres,it doesn't reach 2hours with AC on and hard accelerations. So I became worried,my trips to gas stations became frequent.....about a week ago,I became worried,the last fuel pump I changed, it started giving me issues. Such as wrong gas mileage readings,hard starts,shakes,misfire...

I went to my main mechanic for diagnosis,and he said it seems my current fuel pump was dead weak. So a rewire came,opened the fuel tank cover,removed the assembly and disassembled the casing. It was pretty much uneventful. I had a 2nd pump I had bought brand new ,with like a stamped toyota logo and all that for 10,000 naira about 4months ago,but it doing fine ,later a kazeem advised me to buy a tokunbo,that new is fake and does overheating .

So I opted for the later which was installed. I briefly inspected it,it had a mistubishi logo with a plus and minus aig. On the top. After installing it that day,I couldn't guess how much fuel I had left cos the fuel guage showed reserve(yellow indicator). So I drove to a gas station,bought about 15 litres on the dispenser,still my guage read reserve. Well,I drove like that hoping it would settle ,it later settled about an hour after I did a stop by and went on some errands. Since then,I had been buying fuel like everyday. Today I went back to my main mechanic to reinstall the brand new pump I bought previously.

He did and I noticed after filling up my tank,it read the guage correctly. Tho my mechanic advised I bought an original fuel pump for lexus gs for 30k and also rewire did some cut out lines from the top cover wires of the fuel tank. It started,no misfires,accurate readings,quick response to acceleration.i would study it for about a week and give my judgement on the brand new v6 pump I got for 10k last year. Using a mitsubishi fuel pump on a v6 lexus. Wohala
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by 7bucklife: 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
How can my gear sound be corrected. After rewire removed my gear changed the filter and serviced the body,the gear now misbehaves. It's makes a sharp knock when I remove my leg from brake and change gear from drive to reverse or neutral.

I went back to the rewire,he said it will settle. Its been 2 weeks and still,the gear sound did not settle. Does it mean my gear has been messed with. Its selecting fine ,the rewire claimed its a wire on the injector,wrongly connected. I still doubt ,because before he removed it,it selects with no hard sound. What can I do or do I need to change gear,or I sell it like that.
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by olumzzz(m): 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2023
7bucklife:
How can my gear sound be corrected. After rewire removed my gear changed the filter and serviced the body,the gear now misbehaves. It's makes a sharp knock when I remove my leg from brake and change gear from drive to reverse or neutral.

I went back to the rewire,he said it will settle. Its been 2 weeks and still,the gear sound did not settle. Does it mean my gear has been messed with. Its selecting fine ,the rewire claimed its a wire on the injector,wrongly connected. I still doubt ,because before he removed it,it selects with no hard sound. What can I do or do I need to change gear,or I sell it like that.
It seems your car has been bastardized.
Was there any issue with your gear before the "rewire" worked on it?
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by 7bucklife: 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2023
Removing the gear and changing the filter and fibre or so. After that the gear makes a loud bang when switched or changed. Before then,all i had to do was to step on the brakes lightly with no hard bang sound and gear changes. But after doing it,the sound or bang came. I complained to him,he said that it will settle.
olumzzz:

It seems your car has been bastardized.
Was there any issue with your gear before the "rewire" worked on it?
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by nurey(m): 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
7bucklife:
Removing the gear and changing the filter and fibre or so. After that the gear makes a loud bang when switched or changed. Before then,all i had to do was to step on the brakes lightly with no hard bang sound and gear changes. But after doing it,the sound or bang came. I complained to him,he said that it will settle.

Sell the vehicle it seems from your write up that you lack financial capabilities to maintain a luxurious sedan.

Sell, buy a yaris and learn basics of car maintenance just an honest opinion.

7 Likes

Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by 7bucklife: 6:43pm On Apr 14, 2023
No way,i cannot go back to sefan car again. I have had enough,i will be dping some touch up painting soon and put up got sale. I qm think of going for small 2005rav4.
nurey:

Sell the vehicle it seems from your write up that you lack financial capabilities to maintain a luxurious sedan.

1 Like

Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by olumzzz(m): 6:20am On Apr 15, 2023
nurey:

Wrong advice bro.
Even he buys a yaris, he will still go back to his kazeem and that rewire.
Let him get a good technician 1st, who will prperly diagnose the car and make recommendations
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by nurey(m): 6:29am On Apr 15, 2023
olumzzz:

Wrong advice bro.
Even he buys a yaris, he will still go back to his kazeem and that rewire.
Let him get a good technician 1st, who will prperly diagnose the car and make recommendations

The problem is not from the mechanic, the op himself has trust issues which led him to buy fuel pump of 10k instead of 30k.

He buys fuel of small quantities and drives vehicle mostly in reserve.

The mechanic has a diagnostic tool I deduced all this from his write up. Yes we cannot absolve the rewire of some blame but when you tell someone what you need is #10 and the person say nah 50kobo own he dey find, guy man has to chop so he does his best at cut and join work grin
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by olumzzz(m): 6:35am On Apr 15, 2023
nurey:

The problem is not from the mechanic, the op himself has trust issues which led him to buy fuel pump of 10k instead of 30k.

He buys fuel of small quantities and drives vehicle mostly in reserve.

The mechanic has a diagnostic tool I deduced all this from his write up. Yes we cannot absolve the rewire of some blame but when you tell someone what you need is #10 and the person say nah 50kobo own he dey find, guy man has to chop so he does his best at cut and join work grin
Still signs of an unreliable technician.
The technician no get standards.
So even if him buy yaris, him go still dey buel 1k fuel and substandard parts.
So let him change his technician and his mentality 1st
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by 7bucklife: 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2023
Somebody should pls help me,about a litre of water was found at the basement of my fuel tank 3days ago. Before then I had been having issues with my acceleration. It stopped its ability to move up the speed ladder in correspondence to my acceleration, thereby causing me issues. All these while,water had damaged my fuel pump,and it was using force to work. Now I am back to gambling with fuel pump.got one from an igbo shop,the car starts and shuts down immediately,called 3 diff mechanics ,they all said its fuel pump. I then replaced the emergency pump I had,and it did work well for like an hour,after which it will start vibrating the engine ,low idle speed ,almost coming to a stall. I went back to the sho and he gave me another one,with guarantee that If it doesn't work,he will love to see my car. Pls what is the price of original fuel pump. I have bought more than 6,they are all like fake,would work perfect for 3 months,then pack up after.
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by nurey(m): 6:52am On Apr 22, 2023
7bucklife:
Somebody should pls help me,about a litre of water was found at the basement of my fuel tank 3days ago. Before then I had been having issues with my acceleration. It stopped its ability to move up the speed ladder in correspondence to my acceleration, thereby causing me issues. All these while,water had damaged my fuel pump,and it was using force to work. Now I am back to gambling with fuel pump.got one from an igbo shop,the car starts and shuts down immediately,called 3 diff mechanics ,they all said its fuel pump. I then replaced the emergency pump I had,and it did work well for like an hour,after which it will start vibrating the engine ,low idle speed ,almost coming to a stall. I went back to the sho and he gave me another one,with guarantee that If it doesn't work,he will love to see my car. Pls what is the price of original fuel pump. I have bought more than 6,they are all like fake,would work perfect for 3 months,then pack up after.

You have changed 6 fuel pump and same issue, shouldn't that tell you your problem isn't fuel pump?

I have adviced you to sell the vehicle and buy something less complicated. Get a good mechanic, scan vehicle first and treat codes related to your issues.
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by Grupo(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2023
7bucklife:

First of all, how much do you pay for the pumps you have been buying?
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by 7bucklife: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2023
4k,5k. I have ordered for a new one from abroad 35k. I just got another one the igbo seller gave me replacement yesterday and installed. I got it for 6k and my car started once after installation and it is responding to acceleration. So i am awaiting the original lexus pump,tho I am going to buy a brand new battery as my previous battery has expired and weak , ..quote author=Grupo post=122672135]

First of all, how much do you pay for the pumps you have been buying? [/quote]
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004.. by lagusboyyy(m): 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2023
This is truly " KEEPING UP WITH 7 BUCKLIFE"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vw Help Needed, Hope Mr Siena Sees This / Cost Of 2001 Toyota Highlander Engine. / A Complete Cover You Can Count On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.