Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Lexus Gs 300 2004 2jz Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Gs 300 2004 2jz Gear (694 Views)

Lexus Gs 300 2004.. / 2018 Lexus GS F (price, Photos And Features) / This Rolls-royce Phantom Has A Twin-charged 2JZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus Gs 300 2004 2jz Gear by 7bucklife: 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2023
Hi. My gear suddenly does not enter reverse.once I park and the car engine b3comes a bit cold.lets say for 2hrs. The gear won't enter reverse again. When I'm driving. It will be revving very high snd refuse to switch gears till I've driven about almost 30mins. I checked the gear underneath and I can see some oil dripping in the middle and against the gear oil seal pan..... pls what's the solution. Been managing the gear like that for almost 2years due to the fact that since the clutch was not aligned properly ,the car got into limp mode and does not exceed 3000 rpm. Now my gear doesn't enter reverse once the gear is hot.it will only enter reverse after I've driven for like almost 40mins to an hour. Pls what's the solution or should I scrap the gear and get another toks. I keep topping the oil every 1 week. Even though the oil is guage but the gear has started acting funny. The center console of the car gets hot,the shift level also gets hot. Since the oil is leaking.
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004 2jz Gear by jceesquare(m): 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
7bucklife:
Hi. My gear suddenly does not enter reverse.once I park and the car engine b3comes a bit cold.lets say for 2hrs. The gear won't enter reverse again. When I'm driving. It will be revving very high snd refuse to switch gears till I've driven about almost 30mins. I checked the gear underneath and I can see some oil dripping in the middle and against the gear oil seal pan..... pls what's the solution. Been managing the gear like that for almost 2years due to the fact that since the clutch was not aligned properly ,the car got into limp mode and does not exceed 3000 rpm. Now my gear doesn't enter reverse once the gear is hot.it will only enter reverse after I've driven for like almost 40mins to an hour. Pls what's the solution or should I scrap the gear and get another toks. I keep topping the oil every 1 week. Even though the oil is guage but the gear has started acting funny. The center console of the car gets hot,the shift level also gets hot. Since the oil is leaking.
It's best if you change the transmission as a whole

3 Likes

Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004 2jz Gear by nymphomaniac(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
7bucklife:
in addition, use a competent mechanic else you return to how it was

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004 2jz Gear by chukel(m): 6:08am On Sep 12, 2023
For 2 years? You killed the transmission. Our maintenance culture is horrible. Ordinary leak from seal degradation, you allowed it for 2 years. When they give you cost of transmission, you sell the car to an unfortunate guy.

1 Like

Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004 2jz Gear by 7bucklife: 5:01am On Sep 13, 2023
It started recently..due to bad roads.mygear hits the ground often
Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004 2jz Gear by KillahPriest: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2023
"....pls what's the solution. Been managing the gear like that for almost 2years..."

I really don't think you should be anywhere near a car for now until you learn to respect vehicles by improving your maintenance culture

1 Like

Re: Lexus Gs 300 2004 2jz Gear by 7bucklife: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
There is no need for gear replacement. All i will be doing is to re align the clutch plate because it makes a bang from d to r. I was at an alignment shop yesterday and I asked him to check the pan bolts. To my greatest surprise,an incompetent and evil mechanic i had been using did not tighten all the bolts ,making gear oil spill all accrossthe chasis. It was rectified and underneath cleaned.i drove the car for at least 3hrs today and no gear oil dripped out of the pan .reverse engages all the way. Dont be toxic and bitter.
KillahPriest:
"....pls what's the solution. Been managing the gear like that for almost 2years..."

I really don't think you should be anywhere near a car for now until you learn to respect vehicles by improving your maintenance culture

(1) (Reply)

Honda CRV 02 To 06 A/F Sensor New Available 15k / Why Is Nissan Altima 2008-2010 Scared On D Road / Cost Of Clearing My Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.