Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate (3426 Views)

FCT 25% Is Not A Must / FCT 25% Requirement: Olisa Agbakoba Saw This Coming / Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by EmekaStanley: 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2023
This 25% FCT analogy is not really ambiguous as people are making it look. Is English no longer our Lingua Franca?

Supposing my friend Oshimiri has 30 friends and I decide to buy them gifts and I tell him; "Oshimiri, please come to my house with 24 of your friends AND SIMPLE JOE".

What this means is that I will be expecting Oshimiri to come with 25 of his friends, SIMPLE JOE inclusive.

If Oshimiri goes ahead to bring 25 of his friends without Simple Joe that I specifically mentioned. Has he fulfilled the condition or not? NO HE HAS NOT!

Let the judges do what is right.

ES

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Puremind1225: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2023
As simple as that, it's not hard to understand at all.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by CharleyBright(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2023
Very plain and simple.
Same way JAMB says any 3 subjects and English.
Meaning whatever subject you choose, you must include English as one of the subjects you will be writing in Jamb.

25% in 24 states and the FCT simply means 25% in the FCT is compulsory.
Based on this, Tinubu should NOT have won or be declared winner.

But unfortunately, the Electoral Tribunal know the truth, but they would accept Tinubu's bribe and pass judgement otherwise.
Then for sure the criminal bunch in NASS will later try to amend that aspect of the constitution to remove the FCT clause knowing that Abuja residents are opposition and will always vote against the govt.

The most useless and corrupt arm of govt in Nigeria is the Judiciary.
Lawyers and Judges are making a real mess of the Judicial system.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by vastolord4(m): 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hmm.. not sure they'll like to see this on the FP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by snapshot: 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2023
You don't even need to be a lawyer to understand the conjunction AND,but those who want to have their way would tell you that it is not as simple as it seems

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Phantom233: 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
It's this same law that said that INEC is to determine if elections results were will be transmitted realtime or not and the criminal inec chairman went all round the globe and gave the assurance that it will ensure that results are transmitted realtime just to gain d confidence of the whole world then later went ahead to do a manual transmission of fake and manipulated results just to ensure that an incompetent stooge is installed for Their selfish gain.

10 Likes

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by EmekaStanley: 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2023
Nlfpmod
Seun

7 Likes

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by opamoses1: 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2023
Much ado over nothing.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by opamoses1: 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2023
Thoroughly discussed on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7633279/interim-government-why-tinubu-cannot

One of the explanations below:

I corrected you on waec.. It is 5 credits in subjects including maths and English..

My brother na for people wey no understand English that will be making noise.. The constitution is clear.. And is conjuctive.. Meaning joining.. In that sentence "AND" simply joined FCT Abuja to the states meaning the requirements applied to summation of both..

If i think bread and butter is delicious means when butter is on breead it is delicious.. It does not mean when u. Lick only buter or eat only bread is delicious..

And is used to join things to give an impression of togetherness. Taye and kehinde, peter and paul, bread and butter, Rice and beans, 36 states and fct.

If i tell you please i want to east 5 plates of Rice and beans.. What will you serve me be honest? You will give me 5 plates of a mixture of rice and beans not 5 plates of rice and 5 places of beans apply it to 36 ststes and fct and you see people who lost election are just trying to cause problems in Nigeria... Obi has no case with the rice (36 states) and beans.(Fct) .

6 Likes

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by ChukwuObe: 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2023
Only a fool will think that the seat of power that is not even up to a state will be given some powers that other states dont have just because it is the capital. Some people always reason with their anuses. So if I win in all the 36 states of the federation but lost in Abuja, then I cannot be president? How stupid could some people be. So people in Abuja are the most important people in the world. Haba. Use your brain man

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Arapmoi22: 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2023
opamoses1:
Much ado over nothing.

It is pathetic that youths will not read the section 299 you quoted.
They prefer to relay what Obi and Datti tells them than to face it based on the constitution.
That is the sorry state we found ourselves.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by ChukwuObe: 3:41pm On Mar 31, 2023
Arapmoi22:

It is pathetic that youths will not read the section 299 you quoted.
They prefer to relay what Obi and Datti tells them that to face it based on the constitution.
That is the sorry state we found ourselves.

But to be frank why are we expecting too much from the people that do not have sense of their own? If the whole people created by God could be so foolish and stupid to beleive Kanu that Buhari is dead and the man in Aso rock now is one Jibrin from Sudan, what else do you expect from people that Nwazuruike call the most foolish tribe in world? Please dont expect the impossible from these dunces

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Arapmoi22: 3:44pm On Mar 31, 2023
ChukwuObe:

But to be frank why are we expecting too much from the people that do not have sense of their own? If the whole people created by God could be so foolish and stupid to beleive Kanu that Buhari is dead and the man in Aso rock now is one Jibrin from Sudan, what else do you expect from people that Nwazuruike call the most foolish tribe in world? Please dont expect the impossible from these dunces

A sorry case.

4 Likes

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by ScamHunter: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2023
EmekaStanley:
This 25% FCT analogy is not really ambiguous as people are making it look. Is English no longer our Lingua Franca?

Supposing my friend Oshimiri has 30 friends and I decide to buy them gifts and I tell him; "Oshimiri, please come to my house with 24 of your friends AND SIMPLE JOE".

What this means is that I will be expecting Oshimiri to come with 25 of his friends, SIMPLE JOE inclusive.

If Oshimiri goes ahead to bring 25 of his friends without Simple Joe that I specifically mentioned. Has he fulfilled the condition or not? NO HE HAS NOT!

ES

The Nigerian corrupt judiciary will tell you there is a technicality in and.

Let me explain it for you. Abuja is the only 'state' without governor, you know why? The president iss its governor. That's why he has power to appoint the Minister of FCT. If he fails to get simple 25 out of 100 or one over four 1/4, he's not qualified to oversee the 'state' because the people rejected him. Which governor is elected with less than 1/4 of votes cast in his state.

No wahala sha, we are used to the corrupt Judiciary. We're only investigating between them and INEC, the more corrupt 'parastatal'

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by puremaker7(m): 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
If i say you ate rice and beans does it mean you ate them separately, no wonder people used to write utme severally

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Spy360(m): 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
They will tell Osimiri that Simple Joe should not have special status, so he doesn't need to come with him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Spy360(m): 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2023
puremaker7:
If i say you ate rice and beans does it mean you ate them separately, no wonder people right utme severally

Your problem is too much pidgin English

By using the word and you have separated them already.

You either use with or including.

I ate rice with beans.

Vegetable salad with cream.

Fried rice with chicken sauce.

These are inclusive.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Christistruth03: 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2023
The Votes in Abuja are equal to votes all over Niger

25% of 2/3rds of States simply treats Abuja as State 37

2/3 of 37 states= approximately 25 States

Tinubu had 25% of votes in 30 States

Peter Obi only had 25% in 16 States

So Tinubu Won

End of Discussion

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Great2017: 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2023
ChukwuObe:
Only a fool will think that the seat of power that is not even up to a state will be given some powers that other states dont have just because it is the capital. Some people always reason with their anuses. So if I win in all the 36 states of the federation but lost in Abuja, then I cannot be president? How stupid could some people be. So people in Abuja are the most important people in the world. Haba. Use your brain man
When did 25% become winning ? Abuja is a check. Go and figure that out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Keegan: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
ChukwuObe:

They are just fooling themselves.

The President of the Federal Republic headed back to his constituency to vote, likewise the Vice President, the Senate President and all members of the Senate, the Speaker of House of Representatives and his colleagues; all of them went back to their various homes to vote and all that were left in the FCT were some federal civil servants, personnel on special duties who cannot leave their duty posts and other residents whose number is not up to that of the smallest state in the Federation.

So, let's be sincere for once what makes the votes of these set of people in Abuja to have weight more than their masters' that returned to their respective constituencies?

As I have said in another thread earlier, the 36 states are the real entities that made up the Federation and in order not to disfranchise those on special duties and the residents of the FCT, the constitution made a provision for them by considering FCT as the 37th state, no more no less.

People should desist from deliberate turning the constitution upside down. Enough is enough.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Jessyjeff: 4:54pm On Mar 31, 2023
The army made sure there's such a clause in the constitution. Scoring 25% of votes in Abuja by a presidential candidate, is meant to make sure that the person at least got a tangible approval from residents of Nigeria's "Centre Of Unity".

Babangida and other agents of one-Nigeria in the military, saw the 25% in Abuja as a way of balancing the so-called Nigeria's unity. The military is keenly interested in how this plays out in about 2 months time. Additionally, the weak 10% of the population mandate ( according to INEC) for Mr. Tinubu makes it even more interesting.

Politics in Nigeria has never been interesting like in this present scenario. The country might end up becoming a Plantain Republic ( if the constitution is discarded), which in my opinion, is worse than a Banana Republic. This present situation is also a test for Nigerian military.
Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by buchilla: 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
very clear illustration

2 Likes

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by puremaker7(m): 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2023
Spy360:

Your problem is too much pidgin English

By using the word and you have separated them already.

You either use with or including.

I ate rice with beans.

Vegetable salad with cream.

Fried rice with chicken sauce.

These are inclusive.

Don't worry, the constitution is clearer enough and the court will make you happy

1 Like

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by surgical: 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2023
opamoses1:
Thoroughly discussed on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7633279/interim-government-why-tinubu-cannot

One of the explanations below:

oga your beans and Aghado theory no work ,even with your taiwo and kehinde example you have shown that the AND is conjuctive the two must be present
If your arguments were to be valid that fct is regarded as a state without a special status in the elections the drafters of the constitution would have stopped at 25% in each of the 2/3 of the states of the federation without including abuja, so if someone scored 25% in 23 states and abuja, your argument would have been valid that abuja is regarded as a state it should be added to make it 24,even though not listed in the constitution as a state, but it is specifically stated in whatever state you score 25% you must do all you can to score 25% in abuja

3 Likes

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by DMerciful(m): 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2023
What is the possibility that you'd win all states except Abuja?

Abuja has a special status because the president will be FCT governor. You can't have legitimacy if they dont want you at all
ChukwuObe:

1 Like

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by seunowa(f): 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2023
CharleyBright:
Very plain and simple.
Meaning whatever subject you choose, you must include English as one of the subjects you will be writing in Jamb.

But unfortunately, the Electoral Tribunal know the truth, but they would accept Tinubu's bribe and pass judgement otherwise.
Then for sure the criminal bunch in NASS will later try to amend that aspect of the constitution to remove the FCT clause knowing that Abuja residents are opposition and will always vote against the govt.

Kid, you have a very weak cognitive comprehension. It is as straight forward as how op illustrated but some of you are intentionally dumb. Well, the court will give the right verdict at an appropriate time….

5 Likes

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Vinnie2000(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2023
CharleyBright:
Very plain and simple.

Wow, kudos. πŸ‘

I understand ur JAMB Analysis, even more than the OP's own. smiley

Honestly, a Strong Presidential candidate in Nigeria should not perform so WOEFULLY in a place like FCT (and Lagos). sad

Like a Prime Minister candidate in UK having LOW Support from Pple in London. πŸ˜’
Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by bdon12: 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
Oboy d thing tire me o,i mean simple english we use n understand dem dey try twist.And means in addition

2 Likes

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by johnbuck81(m): 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2023
ChukwuObe:
you cannot win the 36 states and not have up to 25 % in Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by Vinnie2000(m): 7:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
johnbuck81:
you cannot win the 36 state and not have up to 25 % in Abuja.

Like a WAEC Student that scores A1 in Eight Subjects but F9 in MATHS.! shocked πŸ˜•

No matter how poor the person is in Mathematics, He/She should get@least a D. sad

4 Likes

Re: The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate by DesChyko: 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2023
puremaker7:
If i say you ate rice and beans does it mean you ate them separately, no wonder people used to write utme severally

Yeah. It could mean that. Whether you ate them separately or not, you ate rice and you ate beans.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Excursion Into Nigeria's Colourful Politics Of 70's - 80's / IBB Calls For Creation Of State Police To Fight Terrorism / Nigerian Army Invent Indigenous Remote-controlled Target Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.