Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? (1370 Views)

UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants / Intending UK Social Workers Get In! / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? by MT: 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2023
It seems the Healthcare and social workers route has been suspended for Nigeria and some other countries.

Please be aware so that you are not defrauded by the so-called visa agents.

Source:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/code-of-practice-for-the-international-recruitment-of-health-and-social-care-personnel/code-of-practice-for-the-international-recruitment-of-health-and-social-care-personnel-in-england#annex-a-red-and-amber-list-countries

2 Likes

Re: Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? by nams77: 4:22pm On Mar 31, 2023
Check this

1 Like

Re: Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? by advanceDNA: 4:25pm On Mar 31, 2023
Old news...3 years ago news

1 Like

Re: Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? by MT: 4:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
Nice submission.

Where does this leave us? There are two contradictory position from the UK govt.

Does this mean you can ONLY make an application as an individual to Health organisation in the UK but no health care organisation must seek to recruit from those countries on the red list?

Remember that on Linkedln for instance, organisation can ACTIVELY reach out to individuals. Does this mean this cant be done again in the case of Nigeria for health and social workers?
Re: Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? by MT: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2023
advanceDNA:
Old news...3 years ago news

No. The page is updated on the 23rd March 2023. Check it for yourself

2 Likes

Re: Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? by advanceDNA: 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2023
MT:

No. The page is updated on the 23rd March 2023. Check it for yourself

I no get time to argue....nigeria has been on that list since 3 years ago....and the information there only means nigerian goverment and other country on that red list cannot be directlt partnered with to recruit our health professionals...

any company or agency that wants to recruit will have to do its own due diligence on an individual or case by case basis...which has been going on since the care job entered the list of shortage occupations in the uk..

1 Like

Re: Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? by habsydiamond(m): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2023
When all some of them know is to tender fake certificates... when they don't have skills they will claim they possess the skill when it's now time to exercise the skill by working on a patient.. thats when trouble will show face.. they think UK is like Nigeria that u can tender fake certificates can get away with it... fake people has block way for original people oo
Re: Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? by Nardeant: 3:53pm On May 05, 2023
Thanks for spreading this info. I hope you can provide a bit more details because I'm traveling soon, and this info is relevant to me.
Re: Has the UK Banned the Recruitment of Healthcare and Social Workers From Nigeria? by Burburuzan: 4:03pm On May 05, 2023
I can understand your concern about the recent news regarding the UK's ban on the recruitment of healthcare and social workers from Nigeria. According to the source mentioned in the post, it seems that this route has been suspended for Nigeria and some other countries. It's always better to stay informed and be careful when dealing with visa agents to avoid being defrauded. Regarding your upcoming travels, I recently discovered the gp ratings webpage, which provides helpful information about general practitioners in the UK. It might be useful for you to check it out, especially if you're planning on staying in the UK for an extended period. I hope this information helps.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

JAPARIANS- How Did You Dispose Your Properties? / Can I Still Go With My Waec Result? / Bye Bye Italian Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.