Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks (24745 Views)

Governor Alia Freezes All Benue State Bank Accounts / Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name / Jubilations As Ikpeazu Orders Payment Of Salary To All Abia Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by hakym619(m): 9:53am On Apr 01, 2023
Hello readers.
I'm writing to announce that i need a vacant accommodation at any of the listed :

Awoyaya

Abijo

Sangotedo

Or

Ajah.

I want boys quarter or self contain single room.
Maximum strength is 200k - 220k for complete package.

Please, attend to my message if you've got any.

Reason for planning of relocation to any the above listed locations is because I hsvr Job offers from Lekki/Ajah.

Make una no let me loose this Job . 😭
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Larryndelaw: 9:54am On Apr 01, 2023
Why is OTTU so desperate. Why not wait for the swearing in before all these nonsense. Labour party desperation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by BestDicker: 9:54am On Apr 01, 2023
OK we are watching
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by walexbiz(m): 9:58am On Apr 01, 2023
Those of you supporting the action of the incoming should not cry fowl if he fails to pay salty of workers. I think this injunction is politically motivated, the incoming should wait for his time and he can simply probe the 8 years of the outgoing governor when he his handed the mantle of leadership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by treatise: 9:59am On Apr 01, 2023
olaboy33:
Freezing a state's account goes a very long way to affect the day to day running of the state and even the citizens.

Should a court have this power?

Alex Otti should take some lessons from Emeka ihedioha.
Is it Otti that initiated it or Ipkeazu?
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by kozmokaz(m): 10:01am On Apr 01, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
Less than 60 days to go..

The governor should be stopped from borrowing also!

Few days ago, Reps stopped Buhari $22b loan

Rep didn’t stop shit

China no gree borrow una again

Those reps self want make bubu borrow cause dem self get %

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by fastseo: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2023
inoki247:
Hope say the freezing no go affect the Little Salary wey e go pay the Abia people this month end....
him de pay salary before. abia state polytechnic, Teachers, and other government workers are not being paid untill after 2 or 3 years shouting on media

3 Likes

Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by inoki247: 10:03am On Apr 01, 2023
fastseo:

him de pay salary before. abia state polytechnic, Teachers, and other government workers are not being paid untill after 2 or 3 years shouting on media

Lol no mata what even if na half salary he go still dey pay cause I'm sure if person no see 2 to 3yrs salary colet there's no way they will go to work FG no du up to this to ASUU before dem go strike....
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Chekwume16(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2023
No matter whT he has done you cNt stop govt biz. He can probe him when he enters but not to freeze all govt activities. It does not make any sense
NaijaHelper1:
Alex Otti is doing the right thing here and I hope he'll be as preemptive as he is now when he gets in.

The people questioning this move, understandably do not know what that kerosene governor has done to Abia State alongside his fellow bastards like TA Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu. These vermin are the worst of the worst. They converted their own state from a manufacturing hub into a wasteland. Whatever imaginations you have of a bad leader, multiply that by 10 and you have these guys. If left to their vices, nothing, I mean nothing will be left for the incoming to hit the ground running. They'll loot that state dry, sell as many assets as possible and have it on its knees with nothing for the incoming adminstration.
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Ddigit: 10:24am On Apr 01, 2023
Was Alex Otti mentioned in the suit, you guys should learn to read before casting blame and the learned Judge is not dump to just freeze a whole state accounts if there is no tangible evidence of looming fraud and the rest, mind you, the order was given by a federal high court in Abuja, and not jankara -midnight announcement, Abia State is not the first to have its account frozen, Kogi has gone through that before, likewise others, after all, what has he been doing with our money when all we see is borrow borrow.... How can an NDDC state like Abia with Two cities like Umuahia and Aba be so indebted with nothing to show for it. Internal debt that was just released recently shows that Abia is owing 103+ billion, what did they do with money, not to talk of the external debts in dollars..... Government House is in a rented apartment, make I stop here before my Olaniyi friends know the rot in our state, I no get body to take yabbing.

3 Likes

Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Pickmycall: 10:34am On Apr 01, 2023
abobote:
I don't support this move, the governor still have about 2 months, allow him to finish his tenure, then you probe him after his tenure.

Now that the accounts are frozen, is the government going to be standstill till the handover? How about salaries of workers
So he should go ahead and take loans or what else does he want to do in the 2month before his tenure ends?

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 10:34am On Apr 01, 2023
LordofNaija:
Otti should quit this fight with Ikpeazu. It is unnecessary. We elected him to fix abia, not fight Ikpeazu. Let him get to work immediately he is sworn in. He should learn from the mistakes of Emeka Ihedioha and Hope Uzodinma
You are 120% right
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2023
LordofNaija:
Otti should quit this fight with Ikpeazu. It is unnecessary. We elected him to fix abia, not fight Ikpeazu. Let him get to work immediately he is sworn in. He should learn from the mistakes of Emeka Ihedioha and Hope Uzodinma

They haven’t sworn them in yet bro that will be 29th of May . That the best thing to do before the kerosene governor will empty the account this die mins.
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by NaijaHelper1(m): 10:43am On Apr 01, 2023
Chekwume16:
No matter whT he has done you cNt stop govt biz. He can probe him when he enters but not to freeze all govt activities. It does not make any sense

We both know nothing comes out of probes in a shithole like Nigeria. Orji Uzor Kalu went to prison for defrauding Abia State of billions in that crazy charade of a conviction, how much did he forfeit in actuality? He is still pretending to be a philanthropist using the same money he stole, whilst setting it up as a stepping stone to remain in power.

It is better to crumble the business of governance for the next 2 months than have those crooked fingers in the pie any longer.

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Profusamah: 10:52am On Apr 01, 2023
LordofNaija:

He will use his urine to clear salary backlogs when he assumes office Abi?
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Chekwume16(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2023
We all believe that ikpeazu is a criminal but let's not set precedence that is lawless. Someone can wake up tomorrow and stop otti from operating govt accts too. Judiciary been the major bane of this democracy.
Lets not encourage them when it suits us.
NaijaHelper1:

We both know nothing comes out of probes in a shithole like Nigeria. Orji Uzor Kalu went to prison for defrauding Abia State of billions in that crazy charade of a conviction, how much did he forfeit in actuality? He is still pretending to be a philanthropist using the same money he stole, whilst setting it up as a stepping stone to remain in power.

It is better to crumble the business of governance for the next 2 months than have those crooked fingers in the pie any longer.

Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by djseanjohn77: 10:53am On Apr 01, 2023
Felabrity:
Kerosene governor want japa with Abia money

He has done more harm than good in abia

In 10 years time, if he is to contest election, Yeasterners will change the narrative grin grin grin They will tag him messiah, will even ask us to go and check his records grin grin grin
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by matm: 10:55am On Apr 01, 2023
Abia govt is winding down.By May 29, it's over.
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:57am On Apr 01, 2023
LordofNaija:

This account freezing should even be in the constitution as part of transition between governments, so outgoing governments do not wipe state accounts clean as they are leaving.
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by uvie66: 11:01am On Apr 01, 2023
NaijaHelper1:
Alex Otti is doing the right thing here if he is responsible for this and I hope he'll be as preemptive as he is now when he gets in.

The people questioning this move, understandably do not know what that kerosene governor has done to Abia State alongside his fellow bastards like TA Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu. These vermin are the worst of the worst. They converted their state from a manufacturing hub into a wasteland. Whatever imaginations you have of a bad leader, multiply that by 10 and you have these guys. If left to their vices, nothing, I mean nothing will be left for the incoming to hit the ground running. They'll loot that state dry, sell as many assets as possible and have it on its knees with nothing for the incoming administration.
Oga....why are you complaining, are they not all Ibo men, and is this not the self-determination that your people are clamoring for. Ibos are ruling ibos, and I suppose this is the utopia you guys want.
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by uvie66: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2023
Westchester:
Was in my state of Abia on Tuesday and I couldn’t see anything tangible thing this crook of a governor did for solid eight years he was in office :-
Why do Abia state keep having crooks as governors? All the allocations from the big markets in Aba plus federal allocations as an NDDC state and yet nothing to show for it.
I just hope Alex Otti is really the savior we all hope he is.....and how is going to be different under Biafra !!!!

Take note: Tinubu can never be president
#tinubuisadriglord #tinubuforprison
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Moneywirer: 11:12am On Apr 01, 2023
abobote:
I don't support this move, the governor still have about 2 months, allow him to finish his tenure, then you probe him after his tenure.

Now that the accounts are frozen, is the government going to be standstill till the handover? How about salaries of workers

Does he pay salaries? No he doesn't!!
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by APCNig: 11:15am On Apr 01, 2023
Faber:
Kerosene and Kota Sign politics in the mud 🙈🤣

These are the best Igbos can produce
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by MadamExcellency: 11:17am On Apr 01, 2023
Court has no authority or right to freeze any State's account. Who elected the Judge? These Judicial rascality and activism should just stop.

No Court has the right to stop a State Government from functioning. No payment of salaries, no logistics for daily operations of the ministries?

This is nonsense.
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Sammy5413(m): 11:17am On Apr 01, 2023
His doom already began
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by windvane(m): 11:21am On Apr 01, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
Less than 60 days to go..

The governor should be stopped from borrowing also!

Few days ago, Reps stopped Buhari $22b loan

please get your facts right....reps never stopped $22b loan,the Chinese bank refused to give out the loan
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by broadman20: 11:27am On Apr 01, 2023
LordofNaija:

Which fight?

We elected him to stop the stealing from this useless idoits, so anything he will do to stop them on this final stealing prey is a welcome development.

You will still complain after 4 years if he didn't do enough, so allow him. We have never seen this kind of stoppage in Abia state before.
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Gentew(m): 11:34am On Apr 01, 2023
ruffhandu:
I think Otti should calm down if h eis behind this, I do not support it. Ikpeazu is still the executive governor of Abia state. He can probe him after mat 29th. What if he, Otti, is not sworn in as governor. I hate it when people becomes too confident and arrogant and overstep their bounds. This Otti is coming accross as sucha person. He had boasted that he won election without Obi last time. So why did he not become governor last time? Gratitude and humily are very important virtues. I don't even believe in witch-hunting people, just don't interfer with the security agencies' discharge of their lawful duties, simple.

I have never seen one humble Igbo person...... not even the one selling gala in traffic or the Ekeremadu, the organ harvester.
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by NaijaHelper1(m): 11:45am On Apr 01, 2023
Chekwume16:
We all believe that ikpeazu is a criminal but let's not set precedence that is lawless. Someone can wake up tomorrow and stop otti from operating govt accts too. Judiciary been the major bane of this democracy.
Lets not encourage them when it suits us.

It's a motion exparte. It lapses after 7 days. The Applicant will have to show reasonable cause if he wants an extension. The Abia government can file their defense to it as well so the Courts are not interfering. They're simply responding to what is before it.
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by NaijaHelper1(m): 11:48am On Apr 01, 2023
uvie66:
Oga....why are you complaining, are they not all Ibo men, and is this not the self-determination that your people are clamoring for. Ibos are ruling ibos, and I suppose this is the utopia you guys want.
I don't see how this comment relates to the issues on ground.

What's the point you're getting at?
Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Supersymetry: 11:53am On Apr 01, 2023
Any successive government that spend most of it's time fighting the previous government always performs below expectations.

Even otti is indirectly part of the problem of abia, he worked with ouk,TA in looting and hiding state fund using diamond Bank. If he's worried about getting funding for state development there people with ideas on how to raise funds for projects, all he needs is to reach out to people with ideas. Everything is not "zero sum" politics of fight,grab and share.

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks by Ohuhunsulurep: 11:56am On Apr 01, 2023
APCNig:

These are the best Igbos can produce
Thunder fire your useless Yoruba generation,
Is peter obi not an igbo man?
Is dave umahi not an igbo man?
Are there no millions of useless Yoruba politicians in your useless Yoruba tribe?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Revealed-how Police Commissioner Zakari Biu Aided Escape Of Boko Haram Suspect / Bauchi Under Attack? Pls Confirm / Rivers Rerun: APC Shocked At Release Of Wike’s Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.