Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name (69615 Views)

Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks / Osun Assembly Replies Demola Adeleke On The Change Of The State's Name / Soldiers Calm ENDSARS Protesters As They Defy Osun Government Curfew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by adenigga(m): 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
The newly inaugurated Governor of Osun State, Ademola Adeleke, has frozen all government accounts in the state.

Adeleke directed this in his first executive order upon inauguration on Sunday.

Adeleke, in his speech delivered at the inauguration, alleged that the erstwhile governor of the state, Adegboyega Oyetola, carried out some actions “maliciously” after he (Adeleke) won the July 16 governorship election, including “hurried” employments without provisions to sustain them.

He claimed these actions were roadblocks channeled at making things difficult in his administration difficult.

Adeleke also reversed the state name from ‘State of Osun’ to ‘Osun State’, saying the former was alien to the constitution.

“My Good People of Osun, since you elected me as your governor on the July 16, 2022, which the Independent National Electoral Commission announced on July 17, 2022, the former Governor, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola, maliciously started putting road blocks to make things difficult and almost impossible for the new administration to serve you.

“Mass employment were carried out without budgetary provisions for salary payments for the new employees; even when the state was struggling to pay salaries and deliver other services. Various hurried and criminally backdated contracts were awarded and again without budgetary provisions.

“Appointments of several Obas were hurriedly done without following due process, just to mention a few.

“All efforts to get the governor set up a Transition Committee and submit hand-over notes in line with best practices proved abortive.

“It is therefore my desire to ask for your patience and understanding to give my administration a few weeks to review and sort out all the actions and malicious confusions which the immediate past administration has created since July 17, 2022. Those actions were indeed vindictive measures against the people of Osun State for voting them out of office,” Adeleke said.

Giving new orders, he said, “Consequently, I hereby issue the following directives which will be backed up with appropriate Executive orders:

“Immediate freezing of all government accounts in banks and other financial institutions;

“Immediate establishment of a panel to carry out an inventory and recover all government asset.

“An immediate establishment of a panel to review all appointments and major decisions of the immediate past administration taken after July 17, 2022.

“An immediate reversal to the constitutionally recognised name of our state, ‘Osun State’. All government insignia, correspondences and signages should henceforth reflect Osun State rather than State of Osun which is unknown to the Nigerian constitution.”

Source: https://punchng.com/Adeleke-freezes-govt-accounts-reverses-state-name

131 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by RuddyFusion(m): 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2022
Governance in Nigeria
When we will get it right?

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by onez: 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
I totally agree with him on name change. He should however retain the state logo and identity.

286 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by another1: 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nice one

32 Likes

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Jostoman: 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2022
Have said it before that oyetola use those appointment as trap for adeleke and he is trying to keep tinubu structure in adeleke government, am very sure that those list were given to oyetola by lagos landlord

So mr Adeleke use your sense in dealing with the situation.

430 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by MissLeslie(m): 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
Congrats Ade Dancer

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by LibertyRep: 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
Only God knows what Aregbesola was thinking when he changed alter the name of the state.

What's state of Osun in the constitution?

262 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Praxis758: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
The most evil of all was Oyetola’s cangaroo LG election that he failed to do in his first 3 years in office.

165 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
I am kinda interested in seeing how his administration will be cheesy

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by SIMONEKPA7: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
God bless The Dancing governor our In-law. There is nothing like state of Osun. I was surprised no lawyer challenged that in the court. It is Osun state.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by shanaka4u(m): 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
See this one. Does he have legal advisers? The change of name passed through a process at the state house of Assembly before it got changed so he cannot unilaterally change it like that. Moreso there is a pending matter in court as a person challenged the change of name and I think he won at the court of first instance and there is an Appeal. So the Governor lacks the power to unilaterally reverse the name but am sure the court will do that. I hope this man is not dull oooooo.

60 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Bastardlyrich: 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Adeleke has once again proven he is a yoruba Christian.
Are know those devilishh yoru bad fake Muslimnss hate him and wish osun state bad but it will fail in Jesus name.
Wickedd, tribalistik, cowordly yoru bad fake Muslimns grin cheesy grin cheesy

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Bastardlyrich: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
shanaka4u:
See this one. Does he have legal advisers? The change of name passed through a process at the state house of Assembly before it got changed so he cannot unilaterally change it like that. Moreso there is a pending matter in court as a person challenged the change of name and I think he won at the court of first instance and there is an Appeal. So the Governor lacks the power to unilaterally reverse the name but am sure the court will do that. I hope this man is not dull oooooo.
You are a yoru a Muslim,I know from your comment.
Peleoo una don fail grin grin cheesy grin

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Penguin2: 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
H
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by shanaka4u(m): 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2022
Bastardlyrich:

You are a yoru a Muslim,I know from your comment.
Peleoo una don fail grin grin cheesy grin
. Did you read what I wrote? What does have to do with Yoruba Muslims? I don't vote, I have never voted and I will never vote ; if that will put your mind at rest that I don't involve in politics.

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by OneCandleAway(f): 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2022
LibertyRep:
Only God knows what Aregbesola was thinking when he changed alter the name of the state.

What's state of Osun in the constitution?

Then Aregbe just returned from vising the governor of Califonia, that time Arnold schwarzenegar was the governor and they met and all that. He was soo impressed he tried copying (the wrong things). So since it is called state of california over there, it became state of Osun over here

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Bastardlyrich: 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2022
shanaka4u:
. Did you read what I wrote? What does have to do with Yoruba Muslims? I don't vote, I have never voted and I will never vote ; if that will put your mind at rest that I don't involve in politics.
But from your comment I know you are a Yoruba Muslim don't be ashamed of your religion Yoruba Muslimns grin cheesy grin cheesy

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Nlanalyst: 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2022
As it stands, there's no Muslim governor in the whole of Southwest and the entire South at large. Even his Deputy is a Christian.
Modified.

You buffoons should not cry when APC reciprocates this same gesture.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nlanalyst:
As it stands, there's no Muslim governor in the whole of Southwest.

And so what?

There are no Christian governors in the whole of Northwest

Again, and so what?

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Bimpe29: 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
It's a welcome development.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Nlanalyst: 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:

And so what?

There are no Christian governors in the whole of north west

Again, and so what?
And his deputy is a Christian too, you know right?

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by chris4gold(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
Let's wait and see how it plays out.
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nlanalyst:

And his deputy is a Christian too, you know right?

And El-rufai's deputy is a Muslim too, you know right?

154 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Mercury12(m): 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hahahaha
Man didnt come to dance this time. Real business straight up cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by techWriter1: 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
management in NigeriaWhen we will going it right
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Whada: 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
Bastardlyrich:

But from your comment I know you are a Yoruba Muslim don't be ashamed of your religion Yoruba Muslimns grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Whada: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
shanaka4u:

You have never voted and will never vote. You're part of the problem. You enable rigging by leaving your slot to be filled by the riggin machinery. There are many of you like that in Nigeria beating your chest that you don't vote. You may not participate in politics but you must step forward when it comes to deciding who governs you.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Authoreety: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
6n

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DSS Invites Nwoba Chika Nwoba Over Biafra Wedding Cake Design (Pictures) / Dino Melaye's ABU Statement Of Results (Photo) / APC Becomes Minority As 15 Senators Join PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.