Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN (1893 Views)

Judicial Corruption: Lawyer Seeks To Unseat Supreme Court Judge, Mary Peter-odil / No Surprise In Security Circles Over Ex-cjn’s Son Joining ISIS / Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by OAM4J: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2011
[size=13pt]I will expose, expunge, banish corrupt Judges – Ag. CJN[/size]

…Canvasses broad overhaul of the judicial system

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

ABUJA – The Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Dahiru Musdapher, Monday, re-iterated his resolve to extricate the judiciary from what he termed “prevailing iniquities”, stressing that “henceforth, there shall be zero tolerance to judicial corruption or misconduct.”

The CJN who made this declaration during a special court session that was held at the Supreme Court in Abuja, Monday, to mark the beginning of the 2011/ 2012 legal year, insisted that “it is very important to ensure that those who abuse the privilege of judicial authority are exposed, expunged, banished and punished.”

He said: “I feel it is necessary at this point, to strongly advise that those who cannot sustain true allegiance to their judicial oaths and abide by all the demands of the Code of Conduct for judicial officers to bow out immediately. I urge you to realise that there is no middle ground and no space on the bench for those adjudged to be unworthy arbiters of truth.

“As I have admitted on previous occasions, the extent to which prevalent societal currents have also engulfed the judiciary, demands great concern. Judges and the judicial system must remain politically neutral and rise up to safeguard our fledging democracy. We must deflect the tides of impropriety and immunize the entire judicial system against all identified iniquities.

“As its stands today, it appears that the society we serve is not entirely satisfied with our performance. Hard as it may be to accept, we feel it is less important to focus on whether this assessment is fair or not. The important thing is for us to transparently come to terms with the prevailing realities, accept the gap in expectations and do our utmost to bridge it.

“I strongly believe we can succeed by adhering to the fundamental objectives and directive principles of state policy as contained in sections 13 to 24 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended). Section 23 provides that: “the national ethics shall be discipline, integrity, dignity of labour, social justice, religious tolerance, self reliance and patriotism”, it is of fundamental importance that in the adjudication of any matter that is placed before us particularly those dealing with the interpretation of the constitution and other statutes, to bear these principles in mind.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/i-will-expose-expunge-banish-corrupt-judges-ag-cjn/
Re: Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by mobf: 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2011
Story
Re: Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by EvilBrain1(m): 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
Talk is cheap. Wake me up when he actually does something.
Re: Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by Ufeolorun(m): 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2011
Iro Nla!!!! from Aburo katsina Alusi grin
Re: Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by Pukkah: 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2011
This tough talk is good. Waiting.
Re: Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by PointB: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2011
Me too. I will expose corrupt Nairalanders grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by Kobojunkie: 1:43am On Sep 20, 2011
wow

Re: Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by mitofag: 2:25am On Sep 20, 2011
I will expose, expunge and banish Kobojunkie from NL
Re: Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by T8ksy(m): 3:04am On Sep 20, 2011
Yeah, right!!!

And i am the great-great -great grandson of king solomon and the queen of sheba!
Re: Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by jamace(m): 7:10am On Sep 20, 2011
Oya, EFCC send your case files to him, lets see what happens next.
Re: Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN by badesco(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2011
Make sure you sent packing the likes of Ayo Salamis, at least to give you enough room to operate freely. God bless you sir. Henceforth Nigeria Judiciary will be free of corrupt Judges like, Objection overrule

(1) (Reply)

Wao,the Bill Gate Of Nigeria Is Finally Here! / Bomb Blast At EMAB Plaza In Abuja? / I Cant Eat My Own Food- Ameachi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.