Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) (99330 Views)

179KG Yam Harvested In Akokwa, Imo State (Photos) / Woman Shows Off The Big Cassava She Harvested (Photos) / Huge Cassava Harvested In Imo State, Taller Than The Owner!!!!! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by xxgig(m): 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2023
Godwin4444:
don’t argue on what u know nothing about

Before reading what d op wrote I already knew it’s related to that

If u once stay in those states u will understand better n many don’t see it as a big deal

I don’t mind if u keep arguing but what I will tell u is that, the fact u don’t believe it doesn’t mean it’s not real

I have seen and harvested stranger looking yams than this sadly there were none camera phones to capture them.
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by harmony75: 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
Wow wonders of God in nature!
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
adenine02:
angry

You call this one strange, what will you call this

Photoshopped 😂
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by Albertone(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
ahnie:
The hand of yam,I m yet to see a yam with two scrotal sacs

This our resident baby mama go like preek ehn
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by fof1: 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
delzbaba:
A farmer has expressed shock and surprise at the odd looking yam he harvested on his farm in a tiny village in the southwestern state of Ekiti earlier this week.

The odd looking yam which could be described as something from a horror movie looked more like the left hand of a giant of some sort, while some people were rebuking and forbidding the odd shape, some elders in the village stated that it could be linked to the practice of some settler farmers who allegedly use water from the mortuary used in bathing dead bodies to water their plants for bigger yeild, what do you think.

Superstition fuels Idolatry...Desist and Resist it too
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by Hallabee1(m): 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
richmond500:
End time yam.
According to our resisdent pastor, apostle Righteousness, the general overseer, Nairaland church of Christ.

Aje...

It seems the Our biggest daddy GO is not within Lagos again, maybe he has followed jagaban
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by Pat081: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
delzbaba:
A farmer has expressed shock and surprise at the odd looking yam he harvested on his farm in a tiny village in the southwestern state of Ekiti earlier this week.

The odd looking yam which could be described as something from a horror movie looked more like the left hand of a giant of some sort, while some people were rebuking and forbidding the odd shape, some elders in the village stated that it could be linked to the practice of some settler farmers who allegedly use water from the mortuary used in bathing dead bodies to water their plants for bigger yeild, what do you think.
We Africans always give meaning to what is meaningless, just like human being too that we use to born in different ways
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by hardcore007: 11:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:13am On Apr 02, 2023
correctguy101:

With the way things are in the country, we go still eat that kinda yam.
Hunger dey street, so boiz are not smiling....

Lol!
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by ViceGovernor: 12:37am On Apr 02, 2023
adenine02:
angry

The yams you posted that looks like somebody has gone to harvest the gods 🤣 they should go and plant them back before 5 market days or else they will find out what fire does to a rat's ear

1 Like

Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by OkoRemi2023(m): 1:18am On Apr 02, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Signs of the times,Ekiti has committed more sacriledge than any state in nigeria sadterrible people,terrible tribe.

thunder help me strike this flat head brain, Anambra didn't commit when they'll foolishly voted for a man that did nothing for them as gov

foolish people
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by OkoRemi2023(m): 1:19am On Apr 02, 2023
Anatakuebira:
Falz should also sing about it since he is from ekiti. No be only Yakubu em go use chase clout.

Falz is a finished Artist even macaroni untalented nincompoops
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by drololaaof: 1:54am On Apr 02, 2023
delzbaba:

It was because the land where the yam was cultivated had a lot of stone ,nothing is strange or serious about . The yam was trying to spread when it is soft
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by chaloskyx: 2:23am On Apr 02, 2023
wow strange indeed maybe you should start worshipping it as a god dont go and make your pounded yam in peace be making up some spiritual mumbo Jumbo
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by Nyceguy92: 2:27am On Apr 02, 2023
Lol... All ye that never tilled the soil or participated in harvesting yams should know that there is nothing mysterious about this yam.

The yam simply encountered some weird arrangement of tree stumps, roots, and stones while growing. It had to adapt to the
obstacle.

Message here is that the farmer might not have prepared the farmland very well before planting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by toxtimmy: 3:19am On Apr 02, 2023
Una dey chop anything dem call bush meat even snake.... Why this yam come become problem I no know...

chiiraq802:
This wan no be yam. This wan na Big Foot 😂

1 Like

Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by enigma1990: 4:07am On Apr 02, 2023
if na obodo oyinbo their scientists or archaeologist go tag am name say na genetics mutation.na for them to go place am for museums and start calling names say na giants hands Wey them they world before, them go extinction like 1300 thousands years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by Spandau: 4:31am On Apr 02, 2023
delzbaba:

There is no big deal about the yam. Our people are something else.
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by RaptorX: 4:31am On Apr 02, 2023
Yam wey don enter stomach with correct egunsi soup, washed down with fresh palmy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by XAUBulls: 5:19am On Apr 02, 2023
Oloki:
Nothing special about this yam now. Which one is mortuary water again?
I wonder! These bloggers and their random tales.
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 5:22am On Apr 02, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Signs of the times,Ekiti has committed more sacriledge than any state in nigeria sadterrible people,terrible tribe.
more sacriledge than ogun state? I doubt.
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by XAUBulls: 5:29am On Apr 02, 2023
Oloki:

For your information, am from ekiti. Have seen yams bigger and mysterious looking than this ordinary yam being called name.

Have you seen those Ebira yam? If you havent seen one, then stop arguing.

I repeat once again, this is ordinary yam
He is trying to argue with an enlightened Ekiti man like you where pounded yam is the national food or delicacy along with the different varieties of efo riro and bush meat... grin

Thumbs up jare!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by FireUpNow(m): 5:37am On Apr 02, 2023
What's strange here? Some stones or woods in the ground where the yam was planted disturbed the tuber from forming properly. End of this crap
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by Dchampion65: 5:39am On Apr 02, 2023
Anatakuebira:
Falz should also sing about it since he is from ekiti. No be only Yakubu em go use chase clout.

Awon apostle of justice grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by Dchampion65: 5:40am On Apr 02, 2023
adenine02:
angry

Are you for real? Abomination
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by Oloki: 5:54am On Apr 02, 2023
JBoss25:
because of yam you dey insult a whole tribe, you well so?

No mind the idiot
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by IfnobeGod20: 6:16am On Apr 02, 2023
Oloki:

For your information, am from ekiti. Have seen yams bigger and mysterious looking than this ordinary yam being called name.

Have you seen those Ebira yam? If you havent seen one, then stop arguing.

I repeat once again, this is ordinary yam
Just leave these people with their archaic life. There's nothing they won't attach string to. As a grown up man, I have seen this kind of yam many times and times. They should try and go to any big yam market, they will see hundreds of this type and many funny yam figures.
African mentality.
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by annyz: 6:22am On Apr 02, 2023
Because of what INEC did in EKITI

Ask Yakubu
Re: Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) by twilliamx(m): 6:51am On Apr 02, 2023
I yam going to slap you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry / Two Giant Snakes Attack Owner For Attempting To Carry Their 251 Eggs (Video) / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.