Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

ETHNIC PROFILING IN ISLAM? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ETHNIC PROFILING IN ISLAM? (126 Views)

Is Harry Potter Permissible In Islam? : Dr. Zakir Naik Answers / Using Casket For Burial In Islam / The Role Of Muhazim In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ETHNIC PROFILING IN ISLAM? by ANON333: 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
I have a question for the muslim brethren and it's not at all from a place of scorn or mischief.

I was in north east some months back. During a conversation with an acquaintance I met there who's from the north(a christian) claimed that there was an established bias as to who has the authority to lead islamic prayers based on ethnic/racial profiling. He claimed that an ethnic group generally acclaimed to have earlier accepted islam cannot be lead in prayers by individuals from ethnic groups who accepted the religion later. Up to three other persons present at the time of this conversation agreed unanimously, including a muslim man from kogi.

According to their claims, a hausa is bereft of the privilege to lead prayers when fulanis are present, just as hausas won't have a yoruba lead them in prayer, or for a fulani to lead arabs in a prayer session. I'm asking this here cause I still have doubts about this and would want to obtain testimonies from a larger audience.
Re: ETHNIC PROFILING IN ISLAM? by mployer(m): 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
Generally black moslems no get level in Islamic affairs.

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The True Family Of Jesus (video) / You Must Care For The Needy (3) / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Wednesday, April 26,2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.