Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Red Hat Linux 10.0 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Red Hat Linux 10.0 (812 Views)

Problem In Installing Linux Red Hat On Vmware For Windows Workstation / Oracle Software And Red Hat Linux Os / Which Is Better Red Hat Linux Server Or Ubuntu Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Red Hat Linux 10.0 by Tini(m): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2007
hey nairaland i.t gurus,any red hat linux profs in the house,i hav a problem in dual boting windows vista and red hat linux,can u guys help as to how i should go abuot trying to do it.i would really appreciate your advice.i already partitioned the hard disk(50,50) and installed but the grub utility is posing problem.i dont know how to use red hat,just want to learn.
Re: Red Hat Linux 10.0 by Tini(m): 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2007
i need to work with oracle 10g that is why i am installing red hat linux,i dont think fiesty works with it.
Re: Red Hat Linux 10.0 by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2007
are u sure that fiesty doesn't ? why not try ubuntuforums for help.
Re: Red Hat Linux 10.0 by Niggy(m): 11:14am On Sep 07, 2007
Redhat linux is not a thing,
Ubuntu versions are doin a good just recruiting people from windows to linux and also releasin new versions of their distro with latest packages.That's kool. But note dat redhat has a policy which is security. They tend not to give a damn about your multimedia palava, or let me say, they give u an extra repo with limited software. That is redhat for you. With these, they still remain the leading distro, highest capital, security tight and more govt contracts dan ubuntu.
So i did say, just use a linux distro dat u like, have good prospect, more challenging ,security conscious, and suitable for ur professional job.
Re: Red Hat Linux 10.0 by bigrovar(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2007
you can still use ubuntu and the oracle 10g you said is only available on redhat but you can convert it to deb through alien

(1) (Reply)

Help! Can't Install Windows Sp2 On My System. / Youtube / Dont Be Afraid Of Raila Odinga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.