Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

What Should I Do - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Should I Do (17419 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should I Do by Starships4u(m): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2023
Did they say they'd pay for the training?
Re: What Should I Do by Dindondin(m): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2023
oladahunsi:
I got a job with a school recently and I did a month training by the school based on the job. I wasn't paid salary, please is there a polite way of asking for the salary?
You v no salary. Infact, they can drag you for training fee.
You quit before starting the job.
Re: What Should I Do by Tinubuwillnotru: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
I can't do without their policy I know. I must fall in with all my niggas aboy. If them want to bounce person e can not be mine. Men just borku, e be like them be rice. Anytime I come, I push them to the curb, smack them push to the curb. Ekelebe stunner, na me be their father. Trillo tell me say Na native be the matter. I let abuja come accra I let my mother. Tro adis ababa them go erect modu placard. Bastard, Na me dug him pile, Na me rob him mile, zaku runs ibile. Na why I go pompous I go do more than intended. Ghen ghen, I go shoot up all their pay pens.
tinubu has messed up with this one cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by abba09: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2023
say this to the principal. are we not gonna get paid for the training?
Re: What Should I Do by Goldbw122(m): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2023
oladahunsi:
I got a job with a school recently and I did a month training by the school based on the job. I wasn't paid salary, please is there a polite way of asking for the salary?

Explain in full, I will tell you what to do
Re: What Should I Do by Onyipk: 11:34am On Apr 02, 2023
Most school owners are supposed friends who advice one another in their wicked acts.
Someone has worked in the classroom for one month with children in class why won't the person be paid?

Most owners of private schools claim to know God but the level of wickedness they exhibit only God can deliver one from their hands.

advanceDNA:
If its not stated that u will paid for the training duration....u might have to let it go...

.private school remuneration and staff welfare is one of the poorest in the country.... they will treat u badly and still expect u to be feeling like they are doing u are favor...... its like some of those school owners went to special training on how to be wicked..

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Ndleabilli: 11:37am On Apr 02, 2023
I recently relocated to Lagos and I'm actively seeking job opportunities as a HND holder in Metallurgical Engineering with completed NYSC and skills in website design, PHP/Laravel, UIUX and graphics design. I am open to any work opportunities and Please contact me.
Re: What Should I Do by iHateFraudsters: 11:37am On Apr 02, 2023
How can they train you for free and still pay you for training you??
Re: What Should I Do by mployer(m): 11:39am On Apr 02, 2023
Find out how much the school paid your training facilitators and how valuable the certificate is in the teaching profession.

Don't be totally selfish.
Re: What Should I Do by Skillsnigeria: 11:39am On Apr 02, 2023
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria
Re: What Should I Do by ImpactBooks: 11:39am On Apr 02, 2023
Op, I think you're even being myopic about your current problem and if care is not taken, a bigger problem awaits you very soon. To avoid story that touch, I will advise you take the necessary steps:

1. Were you given an employement offer letter where your remuneration and other benefits were clearly stated?

2. If your answer to (1) above is yes, what does the letter says about your training programme period viz-a-viz your pay?

3. If your responses to the above is 'No', there is still a way to go about it: Ask the staff you met on the job for details. Be very diplomatic about this. This should give you a detail insight on how the school treat staff welfare holistically.

4. If the responses you got from your colleagues are not impressive enough, quit the job immediately. Don't be scared to take this step. Keep moving and am very sure, a better job awaits you very soon.

5. Be a man and don't make your employer see you as a desperate young man looking for job. This is the game some employers does in Nigeria.

All the best in your decision
Re: What Should I Do by chiboycue: 11:43am On Apr 02, 2023
oladahunsi:

In your invitation letter to attend the training, was it stated that you would be paid after the month's training by the school ?
Were you offered an employment letter after the training ?
If you were offered an employment letter, was the condition of employment as well as your take home pay at the end of the month stated in the employment letter ?
If yes then you need to approach the principal of the school and lay your complaint to him or her
Re: What Should I Do by CaptainFM1: 11:44am On Apr 02, 2023
oladahunsi:

What does your conditions of employment says?
Re: What Should I Do by Guderian(m): 11:44am On Apr 02, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
I can't do without their policy I know. I must fall in with all my niggas aboy. If them want to bounce person e can not be mine. Men just borku, e be like them be rice. Anytime I come, I push them to the curb, smack them push to the curb. Ekelebe stunner, na me be their father. Trillo tell me say Na native be the matter. I left abuja come accra I let my mother. Tro adis ababa them go erect modu placard. Bastard, Na me dug him pile, Na me rob him mile, zaku runs ibile. Na why I go pompous I go do more than intended. Ghen ghen, I go shoot up all their pay pens.

Bobo dey feel like youngthug grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Csami(m): 11:44am On Apr 02, 2023
Lol! You don’t have a job. What you have is a hustle. Job comes with title and paper to sign on.
So did you sign any or was it a verbal agreement!?
Re: What Should I Do by advanceDNA: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2023
Onyipk:
Most school owners are supposed friends who advice one another in their wicked acts.
Someone has worked in the classroom for one month with children in class why won't the person be paid?

Most owners of private schools claim to know God but the level of wickedness they exhibit only God can deliver one from their hands.

I dont think he mentioned he has spent one month....i asked him he refused to answer..... i suspect he wants to be paid for training like most standard organization....
but i know those evil school owners too well.... the work wey u do seff dem no go pay...let alone d one wey u no do.....

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Thebest12(m): 11:50am On Apr 02, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
I can't do without their policy I know. I must fall in with all my niggas aboy. If them want to bounce person e can not be mine. Men just borku, e be like them be rice. Anytime I come, I push them to the curb, smack them push to the curb. Ekelebe stunner, na me be their father. Trillo tell me say Na native be the matter. I left abuja come accra I let my mother. Tro adis ababa them go erect modu placard. Bastard, Na me dug him pile, Na me rob him mile, zaku runs ibile. Na why I go pompous I go do more than intended. Ghen ghen, I go shoot up all their pay pens.

Whose lyrics
Re: What Should I Do by princely4ever: 11:51am On Apr 02, 2023
kenbee:
You should be the one to pay the school for training you.

How?
Re: What Should I Do by WilsonBright935: 11:51am On Apr 02, 2023
advanceDNA:
If its not stated that u will paid for the training duration....u might have to let it go...

.private school remuneration and staff welfare is one of the poorest in the country.... they will treat u badly and still expect u to be feeling like they are doing u are favor...... its like some of those school owners went to special training on how to be wicked..

You remind me of Johnethel, Ogbomoso. They will milk you dry and be doing like they're doing you a favour.

Funniest thing is that most of the owners tag themselves as pastors grin grin angry
Re: What Should I Do by Shadysen: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2023
nairalee:
See the format.

Dear school,
LETTER OF NOTIFICATION

I hereby write to humbly notify you of your (unintentional) negligence in paying me after one month of rigorous training that was time consuming, money consuming, energy consuming and intellectually draining.

I believe that this non payment is an error of omission or oversight and will be quickly resolved. Thanks in anticipation of your favorable consideration EXCEPT UNA WANT MAKE OGUN KILL UNA PAPA.

Yours faithfully

Fresh Employee
crazy
Re: What Should I Do by iCauseTrouble: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2023
grin
Re: What Should I Do by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 02, 2023
advanceDNA:

I don't quite agree with you sir

I quit working with Edo Board of Internal Revenue (Contract staff with 40k salary) to be teaching in a private school in Benin where my take home is 90k now
Re: What Should I Do by Draslo(m): 11:57am On Apr 02, 2023
oladahunsi:
Why wouldn't you ask? If you didn't turn up for work, won't they call you to ask why? If they take your asking as disrespectful then find another job. Teachers are hardly treated well in this country
Re: What Should I Do by advanceDNA: 11:58am On Apr 02, 2023
fados4sure:

I don't quite agree with you sir

I quit working with Edo Board of Internal Revenue (Contract staff with 40k salary) to be teaching in a private school in Benin where my take home is 90k now

Okay......What is ur point??
That u earn 90k somewhere ...doesnt nullify the fact that private school owners have the poorest welfare and remuneration for their teacher in the country.....

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by WilsonBright935: 11:59am On Apr 02, 2023
iHateFraudsters:
How can they train you for free and still pay you for training you??

He said SALARY and not emoluments.

He's requesting for his entitled salary and not training benefits
Re: What Should I Do by Fearyourcreator: 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
Built2last:
Go and read your offer letter. It has everything you are entitled to.

Ideally, training is part of your job. You offered your time. You paid transport to work for one month.

In a sane country, you shouldn't be asking for it. You will be paid.

Read your contract and ask. Might be good to ask other teachers too and find out if you are the only one
Which sane country ... Oga go sleep ... Why him no ask before training... Person mumu you still dey back am... Him wahala na
Re: What Should I Do by CertifiedUrchin: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2023
nairalee:
See the format.

Dear school,
LETTER OF :DNOTIFICATION

I hereby write to humbly notify you of your (unintentional) negligence in paying me after one month of rigorous training that was time consuming, money consuming, energy consuming and intellectually draining.

I believe that this non payment is an error of omission or oversight and will be quickly resolved. Thanks in anticipation of your favorable consideration EXCEPT UNA WANT MAKE OGUN KILL UNA PAPA.

Yours faithfully

Fresh Employee

OP, follow this advice cheesy
Re: What Should I Do by EriMma1: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2023
Was there any agreement that you'll be paid during or after the training period?

Look, whenever you go for any job trainings, there should be a concrete agreement on the terms of the training stated clearly and signed by both parties so you know what you're going in for and what to expect.

What are the terms and conditions of the training.? Will I be paid or it's going to be on freelance?These are the simple questions you should have asked during the interview if at all it wasn't stated in your letter or mentioned in the interview. You ask. Not after the whole thing, you'll now start expecting and asking questions.

For them not to have mentioned it, it means there was probably no arrangement for such provisions.You on the other hand who should have enquired went ahead assuming it will be automatic.
Re: What Should I Do by SavageResponse(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2023
advanceDNA:
If its not stated that u will be paid for the training duration....u might have to let it go...

Go and open your own school so that you will see what school owners are going through in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Thortp(m): 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2023
From my experience:
1. Ask your colleagues about their experience.
2. Meet with your manager to ask about your payment, provided that it's not stated in your employment contract.
oladahunsi:
Re: What Should I Do by SavageResponse(m): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
WilsonBright935:

You remind me of Johnethel, Ogbomoso. They will milk you dry and be doing like they're doing you a favour.

Funniest thing is that most of the owners tag themselves as pastors grin grin angry

It's been years since you left the place why have you not set up your own school?
Re: What Should I Do by Josephamstrong1(m): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
How much is your agreed take home?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. / 20,000 Youths To Be Empowered By Nairaxi "On Demand" Software Company / Latest Job/ Business Offers In Sango Ota (ogun State)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.