Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) (1899 Views)

Aremu The Proud Wealthy Man / 99 Must Read Nigerian Novels (1938 - 2013) / Angelina The Suffered Wealthy Orphan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
Chapter 33: Another Woman Lives in This Villa
Translator: Atlas Studios Editor: Atlas Studios

“Come here.”

An Xiaoning went forward and said in a low voice, “What are you doing here?”

“I came especially to look for you,” he said. “Get on, I have something to say to you.”

An Xiaoning waved goodbye to Mei Yangyang, then went around the car to sit beside the driver’s seat.

“What do you want to say?”

“There’s a lot I want to say. What’s this on your face — what’s wrong with your skin?”

“It’s on purpose, to prevent people from recognizing me,” An Xiaoning said. “After all, I’m your Godsister now, and the young mistress of the Jin family. If others were to find out I’m working as a crew member, it’ll probably end up on the news.”

“You must have a lot of time on your hands, leading such a comfortable life that you have to find something to torture yourself with.”

“No, I wanted to gain some experience. There’s still a few days left, and I’d have been here for a month, then I won’t be staying here anymore.” An Xiaoning asked again, “You came especially to look for me, what exactly is the matter?”

“I’ve broken up with Chi Rui’er awhile ago, do you know that?”

“Yes, I know, what’s wrong?”

The corner of Gu Beicheng’s lip curled into a smile. “How did you know?”

“Qingyan told me.”

Gu Beicheng queried again, “Do you know where Chi Rui’er is staying now?”

“Don’t know.” An Xiaoning pointed out, “I don’t know her personally, how would I know where she’s staying?”

As she said those words, Gu Beicheng gave her a significant look. “As your Brother, I have a duty to tell you what you don’t know, isn’t that right?”

“What exactly are you trying to say?”

“You probably didn’t know that Jin Qingyan has another mansion — it’s huge and has a wide land area — the kind which could even fit an airport inside.”

“I’ve guessed it before. But I didn’t expect it was that huge.”

Gu Beicheng reached out his fingers and hit her brain lightly. “Fool. As his wife, you don’t even know where your biggest property is. Let’s go, I’ll show you.”

He fired the engine and started driving.

“You’re not on good terms with him. If you go to his place, won’t you be chased out?”

“Aren’t you here?” Gu Beicheng darted her a glance. “I’m bringing you there, not just for you to see your own house.”

“Then for what?” She could vaguely guess what he wanted to say.

“You’ll know when we arrive.” Gu Beicheng accelerated the car. It flew on the streets.

The car stopped at the entrance of a high-class housing estate. An Xiaoning saw the name of the estate — Wei Ni.

Gu Beicheng parked the carked in front of a huge gate.

He remarked, “Your front gate is lavish, isn’t it? This place is a lot bigger than the villa you live in now. To think my Brother-in-law is so insincere, he doesn’t even let his own wife live in here.” Yet he let Chi Rui’er move in. Interesting.

“Since we’re here, let’s get off and take a look.” An Xiaoning got off and Gu Beicheng followed closely behind.

Standing before the main gate, she reached out to press the doorbell. A moment later, a young man in uniform came to open the door. Seeing the both of them at the door, he immediately nodded in acknowledgment. “Young Mistress.”

“Uh.” She headed inside. The young man backed off, and a hint of laughter flashed across Gu Beicheng’s eyes.

The mansion was boundless, but looking at its structure, An Xiaoning indeed believed that it was a lot more majestic than the villa she was living in.

Although her footsteps had landed on this piece of land, she felt she had nothing to do with it at all.

It was as if she was looking at a luxurious place through the eyes of a stranger.

Heading towards the largest villa, they were at the doorstep when the sound of a woman laughing heartily and a variety show screening in the background drifted from inside.

An Xiaoning looked in. The back of someone’s head popped out from the sofa, but the face could not be seen.

A maid saw An Xiaoning’s presence and became visibly shocked.

“Young… Young Mistress, what are you doing here?”

An Xiaoning did not speak — the woman who was originally laughing quietened down momentarily. She stood up from the sofa and looked towards their direction.

When she saw that both An Xiaoning and Gu Beicheng were there, Chi Rui’er looked very uncomfortable.

She did not speak, and An Xiaoning spoke first, “Ms. Chi, how is it living here?”

Her expression suggested that she already knew Chi Rui’er was living there, but in actual fact, she was completely unaware of it. She only knew Jin Qingyan had arranged a place for her to stay in. She never expected that he had arranged for her to stay there.

It was clear that Chi Rui’er was of considerable importance to him, far more important than she was to him.

Taking a deep breath, An Xiaoning understood then that the situation was quite terrible — not as optimistic as she had imagined it to be.

The marriage was bona fide, yet it did not happen because they were truly in love.

Her previous marriage with Shi Shaochuan was like that, and this one was the same.

If she had the chance for another marriage, she did not want it like that anymore, putting herself in a passive position.

“Quite good,” Chi Rui’er answered. “I was the one who begged Qingyan for a place to stay. I’d wanted to stay in the same house as both of you, but he arranged for me to stay here. I hope Ms. An doesn’t mind the inconvenience I’ve brought.”

An Xiaoning clasped her hands tightly; her face remaining unchanged. “Ms. Chi, just call me Mrs. Jin. I’m not a single woman anymore.”

Chi Rui’er’s face froze, then she nodded, slightly embarrassed.

Gu Beicheng did not say a word through all this. An Xiaoning stood there, not feeling that she was the lady of the house. On the contrary, she felt that Chi Rui’er was.

At that very moment, she felt like she was an uninvited guest.

So, after staying for only a few minutes, An Xiaoning left in a hurry.

Sitting in the car, she looked out of sorts and oddly felt a little upset.

“Feeling upset?”

An Xiaoning remained stubborn, “No.”

Gu Beicheng saw through her words and explained, “I brought you here to give you some mental preparation in advance. Your husband has someone else in his heart.”

An Xiaoning forced a smile. “So am I supposed to thank you? After a day at work, I’m quite tired. I want to go back.”

“I’ll send you back.”

“Thanks.”

She leaned against the car seat and, after a while of driving, the car entered the road leading to her estate. As he was about to drive in, An Xiaoning stopped him. “Just here is fine.”

She pushed opened the door and got off, then waved goodbye to him.

She left immediately.

Reaching home, she went upstairs to bathe after she had eaten.

She was in a blank state of mind and didn’t want to think about anything at all.

Waking up from a nap, she looked at the time — it was only past nine at night.

She got bored and casually took a book to read, yet her mind was not on the book at all.

The more she flipped through the pages, the more uncomfortable she felt.

She got off the bed and stood in front of the window. Pulling open the curtains, she noticed the patter of rain outside.

His car was nowhere to be seen in the courtyard.

The spacious courtyard seemed a little empty. Thinking back to the mansion at Wei Ni Estate, it was incomparable.

The flash from a pair of headlights faintly projected from the main gate into the courtyard.

Very soon, his Bentley pulled in slowly.

An Xiaoning closed the curtains shut, turned around, and continued to sleep.

TBC...
Source: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses - ExtraNovel.com
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
Chapter 34: I Don’t Like Children

The bedroom door opened a few minutes later. What followed was the sound of clothes being removed and, subsequently, the bathroom door being pushed open.

After some time, there came the sounds of the bathroom door being pushed open again and of his footsteps approaching.

An Xiaoning opened her eyes — their eyes met. “Have you eaten?”

“Yes.”

Compared to her eagerness to question him, he touched on the matter lightly, “I heard you went to that house with Gu Beicheng.”

“Yeah, I went to take a look.”

“What do you think of that house?”

“Very good.”

Her brief replies prompted him to turn over and lay on her side. “Do you have something to ask me?”

She outwardly denied, “No.”

Jin Qingyan reached out his hand and gently caressed her collarbone, his voice softening, “She’s only living there for some time. If you want to move there, we can move over tomorrow.”

An Xiaoning replied, “Living here is fine, so why move over there? I’m not moving.”

“Gu Beicheng brought you to Wei Ni Estate on purpose?” Although his tone sounded casual, An Xiaoning sensed his true meaning.

“Are you blaming him for showing me your secret base?”

He planted a kiss on her forehead. “How is that possible.”

An Xiaoning gazed at him.His eyes, which made one cave in easily, were light and refreshing. They were obviously full of infinite tenderness towards her, yet she could not find any trace of his emotion in them.

She reached out her hands to hug his waist and rested her head on his chest. The smell of his unique scent entered her nostrils — something which she had surprisingly become familiar with.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. In a few days, I’d have joined the set for one month already, don’t forget what you promised me.”

“That’s fast. Sure. When that day comes, I’ll agree to grant you a wish.”

She hugged him tighter, and a question suddenly popped up in her head. “Hubby, have you thought of having a child with me?”

At that moment, she clearly felt his body freeze. His hand, which was near his waist where she was hugging him, trembled.

“Why? You want children?”

“We’re already married. We’ll live together for the whole of our lives — of course we’ll have children. How many do you think is good?” An Xiaoning added, “How about two?”

Jin Qingyan’s lip touched her ear lightly, his voice became softer like a whisper, “Isn’t that a bit too many?”

“Then, one?”

“I don’t like children.” These few words made An Xiaoning swallow everything she had wanted to say.

An Xiaoning was no fool. When she’d just gotten married to him, she had felt that this might be her last marriage, but over time, it became clearer to her how important that woman’s position was in Jin Qingyan’s heart. So she became more doubtful about how long their marital life would last, especially after seeing Chi Rui’er today, such burning questions she had had become more evident.

Talking to him about children was only her attempt to find a topic.

Yet he really thought that she wanted to have children with him.

“Because I still haven’t had enough quality time with you.” He explained further, “I wouldn’t want the addition of a little fellow to disturb us.”

His explanation was reasonable, but An Xiaoning felt there was another significance behind it.

“Makes sense.”

She closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

She had a dream.

In the dream, she was drowning in an ice-cold river. The water from the river continued to fill up her throat, suffocating her increasingly — her limbs were flailing desperately in the water, it was simply insufferable. She didn’t know how to swim and was losing consciousness. At this point, she woke up.

She reached out her hand to feel her forehead. All she felt was a bunch of cold sweat.

An Xiaoning woke up. She poured herself a glass of water and drank a few sips.

She seldom had dreams, and when she did, they were either requests from others or a sign of something. There were also some which were hints.

Of course, there were some dreams she had which were completely illogical.

But this dream made her especially disturbed.

So at that moment, she made a decision: after her month in the crew ends, she was going to learn how to swim.

Anything that could become fatal to her, she wanted to be able to withstand them. One can never be too careful. Learning another skill for her meant she could worry less about the unknown future.

When she just arrived on-set, Mei Yangyang asked, “Sis, was that man in the car yesterday my Brother-in-law? He’s so handsome.”

“No.” An Xiaoning returned, “You don’t know who he is?”

“Actually, I didn’t see clearly, but his overall appearance looked very handsome.” Mei Yangyang became curious. “I feel like my Brother-in-law must be very outstanding. If not, you definitely wouldn’t take a fancy to him.”

An Xiaoning acknowledged her comment, “My judgment is still not too bad.”

She continued to ask her, “Yangyang, do you have a boyfriend?”

Mei Yangyang blushed. “No, my family is in this state now, so whoever becomes my boyfriend would feel pressured. Moreover, I’m only 20. There’s no rush.”

“How’s your sister recently?”

“I don’t see her all day, I can’t control her anymore. If my father tries to discipline her, she just talks back to him. We can’t do anything about her.”

“Yangyang, can you swim?”

“Yes, I can.” Mei Yangyang added, “And I’m really good at it.”

“Then, in a few days, let’s go to the hot spring. Can you teach me there?” The corner of An Xiaoning lips curled into a smile. “I treat you to a hot spring bath, you teach me how to swim.”

Mei Yangyang clapped. “Deal.”

They were inseparable during meal time. Even when they ended work, they went home together and were around the makeup artist throughout their working hours. So, for this period of time, Sun Weiwei and her assistant had a hard time finding any chance to play a dirty trick.

But without teaching her a lesson, Sun Weiwei did not feel comfortable inside.

Finally, it was her last day at work.

This was the latest in a day that they had ended filming. Plus, the makeup artist was not around as her child was ill. It was the first time An Xiaoning worked overtime until night; meanwhile, Mei Yangyang left after knocking off in the afternoon. An Xiaoning thought that since it was her last day, there was no harm in staying a few more hours.

Jing Tian inquired, “Are you really not intending to stay here anymore?”

An Xiaoning nodded. “A month is long enough. I’ll congratulate you beforehand on successful ratings for your period drama.”

Jing Tian nodded in acknowledgment. “Thank you. You didn’t leave a contact number all this while — may I have it?”

An Xiaoning told him directly, noting finally, “You didn’t ask me about future matters anymore, I’m not coming tomorrow, are you interested to know?”

“Yes,” Jing Tian replied. “Tell me in my office.”

She nodded.

Observing them going to his office, Sun Weiwei and her assistant popped their heads out from the corner. “See that, the both of them went to the director’s office. And they said she doesn’t have a thing with the director, who’ll believe that?”

“Exactly. Sister Weiwei, tonight is a good opportunity.”

“Teach her a lesson.” Sun Weiwei narrowed her eyes.

“…”

An Xiaoning sat down, then described slowly, “In these one or two years, your relationships will end in failure. Your future wife will appear only when you’re 31 — that is to say, you’ll only meet her when you’re 31.”

“Then, how will my career turn out?”

“Career-wise, not too bad. Your career luck will be very good next year, because you will achieve some success with a movie. But you will attract some villains around you, just be more careful.”

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2023
Chapter 35: Go to Hell, That Jerk!

Jing Tian continued to probe, “Okay, then in the later part of my life, how many huge accidents will I get into?”

“This is what I wanted to say — you’ll fall and injure yourself when you’re 36, don’t go out unnecessarily in winter that year. Don’t drive for the whole year when you’re 47, it’s fine if you sit in someone else’s car, just don’t drive yourself. There are other small accidents, but not too serious, just be extra cautious. Do you want to know how long you’ll live?”

Jing Tian shook his head. “What’s the point of knowing it now? Since you said I shouldn’t drive when I’m 47, then it means I’ll have no problem living until then. It’s best not to know how long I’ll live. Let nature take its course. I wouldn’t have fears about the unknown, but if I know what are to happen, it’ll be a burden for me.”

“Makes sense.” An Xiaoning stood up. “Other things should be pretty fine for you. It’s late, I should go back.”

“Right, An Ning, have you gotten your pay?”

“Yes, thank you for everything all this while.”

“You’re welcome, let’s keep in contact often. Why don’t I send you home?”

An Xiaoning waved. “No need to trouble you, there are still buses now. I’ll reach home very quickly.”

“Be careful on the road.”

An Xiaoning left his room and headed towards the public toilet. She wanted to use the bathroom before going back.

Unexpectedly, she’d just sat down on the toilet bowl when the lights went off. Following that, she heard the sound of the bathroom door being closed and of footsteps near the door.

An Xiaoning’s heart suddenly jerked. She immediately realized that this was not a supernatural incident: someone was out to prank her.

She instantly regretted coming to the bathroom.

After she was done, she used the light from her phone to find the toilet lights and switched them back on. She then attempted to pull open the bathroom door, but to no avail.

She immediately called Jing Tian — who would have been the nearest to her — but his phone was switched off.

Feeling rather impatient, she dialed Jin Qingyan’s number. After countless attempts, however, no one picked up.

Finally, she made a call to Mei Yangyang.

It went through and she picked up eventually. Hearing that she was trapped in the bathroom on-set, Mei Yangyang rushed over without delay.

An Xiaoning could finally calm down. She sat at the washbasin, waiting for Mei Yangyang to come.

Throughout this whole time, Jin Qingyan did not return her call.

After waiting for about 20 minutes, there came the sound of anxious footsteps arriving, and Mei Yangyang’s voice came from outside. “Sis?”

“I’m here.”

A minute later, the bathroom door opened. Mei Yangyang was drenched in sweat. “Who used a rope to tie this door handle to the door handle of the men’s toilet? Damn it, who could be so wicked!”

An Xiaoning remarked, “Most probably Sun Weiwei and her assistant. Forget it. I feel bad I had to make you come back again. Sorry to trouble you.”

“Sis, don’t be so polite with me. The last time I had to look for Shuangshuang, didn’t you go with me too?”

An Xiaoning took her arm. “Let’s go back.”

On the bus, she said, “Yangyang, I’m not coming back tomorrow. I’ve gotten my pay already, work hard here.”

Mei Yangyang replied, “Sis, do you have any plans?”

“I want to rest for a few days, then get a shop front. I haven’t decided what to do in detail, but if I start a business, would you be willing to join me?”

Mei Yangyang replied to her invitation with, “Of course I’m willing. Sis, why don’t I just resign tomorrow, since I’ve already worked for a month with you too.”

An Xiaoning saw that she was quite determined and nodded immediately. “Sure, since you’re so sure about this. Let’s start a business together, and we won’t need to suffer under other people anymore. Isn’t that great?”

Mei Yangyang was elated. “Of course it’s great, getting scolded on-set everyday was like living as someone else’s slave. If I work with you, I know you won’t scold me.”

An Xiaoning said frankly, “As long as you work hard, I’ll give you what you deserve and treat you well. But if you don’t work hard…”

Without waiting for her to finish, Mei Yangyang patted her own chest and declared, “Sis, don’t you worry. I’ll definitely make you proud.”

An Xiaoning couldn’t help but laugh and gave her a high five. “That’s settled then.”

She had originally wanted to rest for a few days, but this was good as well. Idling at home wasn’t something she felt accustomed to. Opening a shop would give her something to occupy herself with, and it could make her life more enriching.

He had not returned home yet.

After An Xiaoning ate, she was not in the mood to sleep yet. Dialling his number again, he finally picked up the call.

“Where are you?”

“Working overtime in the office.”

An Xiaoning immediately felt relieved. She queried, “Have you eaten?”

“Not yet, I’ll eat when I get back.”

“Okay.” An Xiaoning hung up. She had not expected that he’d still be working at his office at this time and had not even eaten yet. She instructed Auntie Chen, “Auntie Chen, Qingyan is still working overtime at his office and hasn’t eaten. Can you heat up some dumplings? I’ll bring it over to him.”

Auntie Chen showed a smile and replied, “Young Mistress is still the most considerate. I’ll go and heat up the dumplings right now.”

She smiled and nodded, then headed upstairs to remove her makeup and change her clothes.

When she came downstairs, Auntie Chen had already finished packing the dumplings.

She carried the food container and headed out, asked Fan Shixin for the car keys, and drove to Jin Corporation herself.

The upper floors of the building were indeed still illuminated. It was clear that there were still people working overtime.

She put on a face mask and carried the food container as she got off, heading towards the building entrance.

However, she was stopped by the security officer on duty. “What are you here for?”

“I’m here to deliver some food to President Jin.”

“Oh, who are you?” The security officer sized her up.

Oddly enough, she didn’t want to remove her face mask and the entrance was quite dark, so the security officer did not recognize who she was.

“I’m their housemaid.”

The security officer sniggered. “Don’t talk nonsense. Be careful, I might just send you to the police station. Our President has knocked off long ago, who are you delivering food to? Who are you trying to pass off as?”

An Xiaoning’s heart skipped a beat. Could it be that Jin Qingyan was lying to her?

Her heart became thoroughly cold.

She turned around without saying a word and headed towards the car.

Behind her, she could hear the security officer’s intentionally raised voice, “Swindlers these days are resorting to such cheap methods.”

An Xiaoning got into the car directly and placed the food container beside the driver’s seat.

At this moment, her heart was racing like the scene of a battlefield.

She sat in the car for half an hour, right until the building of Jin Corporation had completely closed and she had verified that the security officer was saying the truth. He had not been working overtime indeed.

Go to hell, that jerk!

He had the guts to lie to her!

Did he think she — An Xiaoning — was a weakling?

She drove straight to Wei Ni Estate and had just parked the car at the roadside when the main gate opened. His white Bentley slowly appeared. Staring at this car before her, An Xiaoning suddenly clenched her fist.

She thought to herself, You could just tell me if you came to meet her. Why did you have to lie?

An Xiaoning threw her face mask aside and got off the car without anyone noticing.

Her rapid footsteps brought her to the main gate. When the person who opened the door recognized her, he clearly looked ill at ease.

“Young Mistress.”

“I happened to pass by here, so I came over to take a look.” Her tone was unconsciously cold and she strolled slowly to the living room.

She had not reached the entrance yet, but she could already hear the sound of music. The slow melodious singing felt extremely pleasant to her ears.

Chi Rui’er sat before the dining table, sipping the last bit of red wine in her glass. An Xiaoning did not even bother changing her shoes. It was her own house and she could do as she pleased.

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2023
Chapter 36: Are You Trying to Show Your Authority?

There was a sumptuous feast, along with some red wine, spread across the dining table. Chi Rui’er sat by the side of the table, her face flushed red like a tomato, her eyes glassed over. It seemed she had been drinking quite a bit.

“You’re here so late. Making the rounds?”

“It’s my home, I can come anytime I want. How can you call that making the rounds?” said An Xiaoning with a smile.

“Please take a seat, Ms. An,” scoffed Chi Rui’er.

“Please call me Mrs. Jin. I remember telling you this the last time we met. I’ll decide myself if I want to take a seat. It’s my house anyway. Please don’t act like you’re the Mistress of this house,” An Xiaoning retorted as she took a glance at the couch.

“Oh, are you trying to show your authority now? Why? Trying to chase me away?” sneered Chi Rui’er.

“Since my husband has allowed you to put up here, I won’t chase you away,” said An Xiaoning in response.

“You may try doing so. However, I’m afraid you’ll be the one having to pack your bags instead, Mrs. Jin.”

Unfazed, An Xiaoning stared at Chi Rui’er, thinking to herself that the latter was by no means easy to handle, judging from her attitude.

“You’re so certain about that?”

Chi Rui’er responded with nothing but a smile. Of course, she was not certain; she would have a hard time gaining the approval of Jin Qingyan’s Mother and Grandmother.

“Boss, someone is calling you again!” cranked An Xiaoning’s ringtone. After taking a look at the caller display, she answered the call and spoke in her most gentle and delicate voice, “Hubby, I’m outside now. Are you waiting for me? Alright, I’ll be back in a jiffy. Mwah.”

An Xiaoning walked towards the door as soon as she ended the call. With clenched fists, Chi Rui’er stared coldly at An Xiaoning’s retreating figure.

Once she arrived at her house, An Xiaoning pulled up at the doorstep and placed the lunchbox on the passenger seat onto her lap. She opened the lunchbox and began wolfing down its contents with a pair of chopsticks. Although she was not hungry since she had already eaten, she struggled with the temptation to throw the lunchbox out of the window. Not wanting to waste any food, she thought it would be a better idea to finish it instead.

She was stuffed beyond her limits by the time she finished the food. She then drove into the backyard after wiping her mouth.

After entering through the gate, she handed the lunchbox to Auntie Chen. Just as she was about to make her way upstairs, Jin Qingyan stopped her in her tracks. “I heard from Aunt Chen that you brought me lunch at my office. Is that true?”

“No, you heard wrong. I didn’t intend to bring you lunch,” answered An Xiaoning as she stomped upstairs.

The moment Jin Qingyan followed her up, An Xiaoning handed him the agreement they had drafted together. “I’ve kept my job at the production unit for an entire month. Sign here,” she said.

Without objection, he signed the document accordingly and agreed to grant any one wish of hers.

“What is your wish?”

“I haven’t thought of one. I’ll tell you about it when I do,” she said while putting the agreement away. She then continued to rub her full belly.

“Did you finish the dumplings all by yourself?”

Ignoring him, An Xiaoning sat on the bed, whipped out her laptop, and proceeded to surf the net.

“I’m speaking to you.”

“Didn’t hear you,” she said passively.

Thinking that she must be angry, Jin Qingyan tried to placate her, “I just didn’t want you to overthink.”

“So you decided to lie to me instead. Pretending to be a good man, working overtime and everything. Ugh, save it!” she hissed as she turned to look at him with a stiff smile.

“It was a white lie,” he defended himself, grimacing.

“Stop speaking. I don’t feel like hearing your voice right now, it’s absolutely revolting. Why did I even agree to marry you without much consideration?” she asked, although it seemed she was reflecting on herself instead. “Indeed, you can’t be careless when it comes to marriage,” she added.

“Do you regret it now?”

“Absolutely. I regret it very much,” she answered harshly while glaring at him.

“You want a divorce?”

“I didn’t say that. I still want to enjoy life as Mrs. Jin, I haven’t thought about divorce yet.” Glaring daggers at him, she continued, “But please, don’t touch me from now on. Since you enjoy being unfaithful and having an affair so much, I’ll make a cuckold out of you as well. We shall see who gets the last laugh.”

“…”

Jin Qingyan was strongly appalled by the words that came out of his wife’s mouth.

“It was just a meal, wasn’t it? How is that being unfaithful?”

“Who knows what could have happened? A candlelit dinner with wine for two, accompanied by melodious music. What a wonderful ambiance,” she mocked sarcastically.

“You were there?”

“So what if I was? It’s my house and I have the freedom to enter as I please. Why, you don’t want me to be there?” she asked bluntly. The idea was getting on her nerves the more she thought about it.

“Of course not. Don’t be angry, I promise to have all my dinners with you in the future. She and I are just friends, nothing more,” consoled Jin Qingyan as he leaned in closer towards her.

“You don’t have to explain yourself further. I’m so upset right now.”

“Don’t be upset anymore, honey…”

An Xiaoning closed her eyes and opened them again to look at him. “I ate a lot more than usual, of course my stomach would be upset,” she said.

“…”

——

Mei Yangyang proceeded to quit her job like she said she would. She gave An Xiaoning a call as soon as she returned home from the production unit.

When the two met, An Xiaoning was no longer concealing her looks with makeup. It shocked Mei Yangyang, who then blurted, “Sis, did you get plastic surgery last night?”

“Plastic surgery? Of course not. I was just disguising myself with makeup.”

“Sis, do you know who Jin Qingyan is?”

“Yes, he’s my husband.”

Mei Yangyang received yet another shock as she processed what she had just heard. With a smile on her face, she went through the motions of making obeisance and greeted, “Paying you my respects, Young Madam.”

Blushing, An Xiaoning poked her arm and said, “That’s enough, don’t pull that trick on me.”

“I really would’ve never expected that. Sis, why did you want to work with the production unit?”

“I made a bet with my husband. He would grant me a wish if I managed to keep my job for a month.”

Finding it hard to believe what she had just heard, Mei Yangyang asked, “That’s it?”

With a nod, An Xiaoming continued to suggest, “I’m planning to open a women’s apparel store. What do you think of that?”

“That’s a great idea. I used to be a store assistant, though I haven’t tried selling clothes,” said Mei Yangyang in approval.

“Hop in the car, let’s go look at some shops.”

Mei Yangyang opened the car door and got into the passenger seat. “Sis, I’ve never ridden in such a luxurious car my entire life,” said Mei Yangyang, her eyes wandering about the interior of the car.

“You’ll get to do it very frequently in the future.”

“Does Brother-in-law know about your intention to venture into the fashion business?” asked Mei Yangyang.

“No. I make decisions on my own. There’s no need to discuss with him,” answered An Xiaoning as she revved up the engine and began driving slowly.

“That’s nice. I read on the news that a certain rich man’s wife had become a baby-making machine as soon as she married him. She doesn’t enjoy the freedom of doing whatever she wants at all.”

“I’m not like those women,” An Xiaoning said with a smile. “I would rather die than to live with the sole purpose of pleasing my husband. I only live for myself, not for my husband or even my child.”

Giving her a thumbs-up, Mei Yangyang showed her approval, “Sis, I really like how confident you are. It is indeed a blessing to have met and become friends with you.”

“At which location do you think we should open the shop?”

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2023
Chapter 37: Is This Lass Pretending Not to Know Me?

“We can consider Dongpo Street and Nan’An Street, they’re both great locations. However, I’d personally prefer Nan’An Street, because Dongpo Street seems a little secluded in comparison.”

Heeding her advice, An Xiaoning said, “Let’s go take a look at Nan’An Street, then.”

“Alright.”

They arrived at their destination only to realize that the entire street was filled with a plethora of stores selling clothing, each being only very slightly different from its counterparts.

An Xiaoning decided to go have a look at Dongpo Street instead.

They discovered that there was a greater crowd at Dongpo Street compared to Nan’An Street.

“I live in Dongpo Street, which is pretty close by. Let’s get a unit here. Yangyang, not only should we be focusing on importing goods to sell, we should also provide tailoring and bespoke services, an online ordering system, as well as a physical store for walk-in sales. In other words, we should be focusing on developing a one-stop service for our customers. Only then can our business be sustainable in the long run. But let’s start one step at a time. We’ll play it by ear and worry about the rest in the future.”

“You call the shots.”

After taking a look at several units, they finally settled on a spacious one, which has a store front. The interior also featured a washroom and a fitting room.

The rental was 20 thousand dollars a month.

Which would amount to 240 thousand dollars in a year.

The hefty price tag shocked Mei Yangyang. She quickly remarked, “Sis, 20 thousand a month is too expensive.”

“This is a prime location in the city. It would’ve cost even more if it wasn’t located a little further. I’m guessing the rental for a unit in Nan’An district would cost about 30 or 40 thousand dollars a month.”

“How much can we make?”

“That’ll depend on how we manage the business. We will earn a ton if we manage it well, of course. But if we don’t, we’re definitely going to take a loss.” However, An Xiaoning was more determined than ever to keep the business going. “I think this one’s not bad. Let’s rent it for a year,” she said.

“But it’ll cost more than 200 thousand for a year, Sis.”

An Xiaoning gave her a pat on her shoulder. “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of the risks. We need to have the courage and be brave, no matter what we do. How can we succeed if we don’t try? We’ll do a great job,” she said reassuringly.

Mei Yangyang observed the stores around them and realized the owners were just like themselves. As long as they put their hearts to it, they are bound to achieve success , she thought.

After signing the agreement with the landlord of the unit, An Xiaoning proceeded to transfer the money to his account.

On that same day, the duo had arranged for the interior designers and contractors to refurbish the unit, according to the design and style An Xiaoning had preferred. Mei Yangyang then stayed behind to supervise the renovation process. Meanwhile, An Xiaoning went ahead to look for clothing suppliers.

Before they could go ahead with the official opening of the store, the renovation and furnishing first had to be completed, which took more than 10 days. In other words, about 10 thousand dollars worth of rental had gone to waste.

Whenever renovations were going on in those 10 days or so, the two of them took the chance to visit saunas and hot springs. Just as An Xiaoning had expected, Mei Yangyang possessed impressive swimming skills. An Xiaoning could finally swim after a few sessions of learning from Mei Yangyang. Although she was unable to keep at it for too long, it was much better than not being able to swim at all.

It was the morning of the opening day. An Xiaoning and Mei Yangyang stood at the entrance, feeling more satisfied than ever as they admired the fruit of their labor — the well-organized and renovated store.

An Xiaoning began discussing Mei Yangyang’s salary with her as they entered the store. Upon hearing that An Xiaoning had planned to give her a share of 20% of their total earnings, Mei Yangyang exclaimed in shock, “Sis, I can’t accept that! You’ve paid for everything in this store. I really don’t deserve to enjoy such privileges since I didn’t contribute anything at all. That’s too much, I can’t accept it. It would be more than enough to receive 5%.”

“Let’s say our earnings for a certain day totaled up to 300 dollars, 5% of it would be so meagre.”

“But I would be happy with just that. Oh, and Sis, I’ve taken a look at the clothes you brought back from the supplier, the quality is great and the design is really pretty too. I’m very confident that we will do well. So, 5% would be enough for me.”

Thinking that it was still unacceptable, An Xiaoning said, “That’s still too little. How about this, I’ll give you a share of 10%, with a bonus if we do well. You’re to accept any amount of the bonus, which will be decided by me.”

With a nod, she agreed, “Deal.”

To the utmost surprise of An Xiaoning, Mei Yangyang had managed to sell more than 10 pieces of outerwear just within the first day of opening. Each piece was sold for at least 200 dollars, with the most expensive piece costing more than 600 dollars, and the total sales for that day amounted to a grand sum of over 4000 dollars.

Mei Yangyang had only wanted 10% of the earnings for that day, which was about 400 dollars or so, for she felt that it was more than enough. However, An Xiaoning refused and insisted on giving her an additional bonus.

“Sis, I used to only make a few thousands at my previous jobs. The 400 something I earned today is already a lot for me. I can’t accept any more money. If you deduct the cost price for the clothing and the rental for the store…”

Handing her another 200 dollars, An Xiaoning said, “Yangyang, haven’t I mentioned this morning that I’ll decide how much of a bonus you would be getting, and you’re not to refute it? Since you call me ‘Sis,’ it’d be wrong for me to mistreat you. Here, take this.”

Mei Yangyang was extremely touched as she looked at the extra 200 dollars in her hands. “Thank you, Sis,” she said.

“We were too busy to even have dinner this evening. Let’s pack up and go have something to eat.”

“Do we switch off the surveillance cameras?”

“No, we won’t be here to watch the store overnight. It’d be better to keep the surveillance cameras on.”

After they had finished packing up, they headed to a restaurant near the traffic light.

Except, they had not expected to bump into Long Tianze and Mo Li.

“Here to eat, Sister-in-law?”

“Yeah, you guys too?”

“We just arrived. Let’s sit together.” Looking at Mei Yangyang, Long Tianze voiced his thoughts, “This little lass looks rather familiar.”

With a smile, Mei Yangyang answered, “I’ve never seen you before, though.”

Long Tianze squinted and thought to himself, Is this lass pretending not to know me?

“Is that so? Please take a seat, little lolita.”

“Have you two placed your orders?” asked An Xiaoning as Mei Yangyang proceeded to take a seat.

“We have. What would you guys like to eat? I’ll order it for you,” asked Mo Li politely, with a grin.

“Yangyang, take a look at what you’d like to eat. This prawn dish looks quite good, shall we order some?” asked An Xiaoning as she handed her the menu.

“Sure. We’ll get one of this, and a bowl of pumpkin porridge.” An Xiaoning ordered her favorite dish and handed the menu to the waiter.

“What a coincidence to have bumped into you guys here tonight. I haven’t seen Mo Li ever since our camping trip. You look a lot paler and thinner since the last time I saw you,” said An Xiaoning with a smile, facing Mo Li.

“How is it possible for her not to lose weight? She’s been having irregular meals, and she eats nothing but junk food. She probably wouldn’t even have bothered to come out tonight, if I didn’t badger her to. I just feel like beating her to a pulp. Isn’t she just degrading herself by putting herself through such torment, all because of a man?” lamented an irritated Long Tianze. He had expected better from Mo Li.

“Mr. Long, you’ve yet to see. Many women are just like Mo Li, they struggle to get a grip on themselves the moment they fall in love wholeheartedly. It’s fine, give yourself some time to get over it, slowly, one step at a time. Time will heal everything,” An Xiaoning comforted while patting Mo Li on her shoulder.

Raising her chin, Mo Li exclaimed confidently, “What right does he have to make me suffer over him? I didn’t put myself through that torment because of him. I just felt like all the effort I had put in was unreciprocated and had gone down the drain. I’m going to go look for another man who’s a hundred times better — tomorrow.”

An Xiaoning chuckled. “That’s great, isn’t it? You’ll feel better if you treat him like he doesn’t exist.”

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2023
Chapter 38: The Pain Felt Distinctly Clear

As they left the restaurant, Long Tianze suggested they head to his bar for a while. An Xiaoning thought that Mei Yangyang would be too tired from a day of work, so she asked for her opinion. Unexpectedly, she responded in high spirits, “Sis, let’s have some fun before we head home, I want to drink a little too.”

“Sure then, as long as you aren’t tired. Let’s go there for a while.”

‘Night Spirit’ Bar was exceptionally lively at this time, flooded with people inside.

The group sat in a corner table: they had a great view of the whole place, but it was rather hidden from other people’s sight.

Long Tianze got the waiter to send a few glasses of wine and said, “Have a seat first, I’ll take a look over there.”

“Go on.”

Mo Li sat beside An Xiaoning and finished a glass in one shot, remarking, “Xiaoning, why is it so hard to get a man’s heart?”

An Xiaoning replied, “It’s a heart after all, only one can fit inside. You can’t love two or three people at the same time, right?”

“He wanted me to be by his side, but it turned out to be an illicit relationship. Now I can’t face the world anymore, I’ve suffered enough.”

“Then just leave him. It may be painful, but at least you won’t have to suffer every day in the future.”

Mo Li signalled to the waiter for another bottle of wine and the three toasted. Mei Yangyang, who could not drink well, went down immediately. Her face was instantly flushed.

An Xiaoning could still manage. She appeared unaffected while Mo Li was drowning her sorrows by drinking. The more she drank, the more she started slurring. Finally, she said the man’s name: Ye Xiaotian.

Hearing this name, An Xiaoning almost spewed out the wine. Why was it this Ye Xiaotian again?

Gu Beicheng’s car was his, Sun Weiwei’s Godbrother was him too, and now him and Mo Li were…

In that instant, she had no good impression of this person.

She wanted to see for herself, what kind of man was this person?

Mo Li looked up at the pole-dance on stage and declared, “I’m going for a dance.”

Without waiting for An Xiaoning’s reply, she reached out to loosen her hair tie and her hair momentarily came down in a mess.

Following this, she took off her coat, revealing a small singlet, and started to move her body while supporting her hips. As she did so, her dangling earrings started to move in sync with her long hair.

Under the spotlight, her enchanting figure and seductive moves seemed to possess the strongest appealing factor.

Along with her refined facial features, all she gave off was endless flirtation.

The audience was in absolute madness — everyone broke out in loud cheers for her.

Just when the energy of the audience was at its peak, a slender figure walked towards her.

An arm grabbed onto her wrist, picked up her coat on the floor, and left in a hurry.

The audience was instantly full of sighs, overwhelmed with disappointment.

An Xiaoning saw the man clearly. It was Ye Xiaotian indeed.

She stood up immediately and walked towards them. After all, Mo Li was drunk. Although they only met twice, she knew she couldn’t let him take her away like that.

As it happened, just as she was going over, Long Tianze was already there blocking their path. “Let go of her.”

Mo Li desperately struggled to break free, but Ye Xiaotian had no intention of letting her go.

“What if I don’t want to?”

Long Tianze glared at him, his face scrunched up in anger. “Ye Xiaotian, just try taking Mo Li away and leave this place!”

Ye Xiaotian softened his tone. “I’m bringing her home.”

Long Tianze laughed coldly. “Naturally, I’m the one bringing her home. You have no right to do so. I’ve long wanted to lecture you — what do you take Mo Li for? Ye Xiaotian, who do you think you are?!”

Ye Xiaotian did not answer him. He looked over at An Xiaoning instead. “Oh, isn’t this Beicheng’s Sister?”

An Xiaoning could not be bothered to talk to him. “Please respect her wishes. If she wants to leave with you, nobody’s going to stop her, but if she’s unwilling, please let go of her. This is not a place where you can behave as you wish.”

Ye Xiaotian loosened his grip as expected. “If that’s what Young Mistress Jin wants, of course I wouldn’t dare to not show face to Jin Qingyan and Beicheng.”

A smile full of significance lingered on his face. With one hand in his pocket, he turned away and headed towards the door.

When Mo Li staggered, An Xiaoning helped her to a chair.

“My head hurts, I want to sleep…” She leaned on the sofa and closed her eyes.

“Let her sleep here first. I’ll bring her to my lounge later — I’m not sleeping here tonight,” Long Tianze instructed.

“Sure, Young Master Long. It seems like you have a close friendship with Mo Li?”

Long Tianze flashed her a smile. “We grew up together. Her mother was our housecook, so we are good friends who grew up playing together.”

“Oh, I see.” An Xiaoning just finished speaking when her eyes landed on the balcony area on the second floor.

A familiar figure was back-facing them, and standing right beside this figure was Chi Rui’er. Long Tianze noticed that her stare was fixed above and saw the two figures as well.

Long Tianze was at a loss for a moment, then he suggested, “Sister-in-law, should I call them down?”

“Don’t,” An Xiaoning stopped him. “We just came to let loose for a while, we’ll leave soon.”

Long Tianze nodded and poured another glass for her and Mei Yangyang. The three clinked their glasses again. Mei Yangyang drank down her second glass — she was close to a state of unconsciousness at this point.

An Xiaoning saw that she could not drink anymore and said, “Stop drinking and rest for a while. I’ll send you back later.”

Mei Yangyang murmured a reply, leaned on the sofa, and fell asleep as well.

Amongst the four, only Long Tianze and An Xiaoning remained clear-minded at this point.

She raised her head again and realized that the two on the balcony area had disappeared.

It turned out they had come down.

An Xiaoning saw that Long Tianze was about to stand up, but she stopped him. “Wait for a while.”

He nodded, then watched with An Xiaoning as Jin Qingyan and Chi Rui’er moved to the bar to sit.

Jin Qingyan had not realized anything, but at this point, Long Tianze was in a flurry of panic.

He wanted to get his phone out to send a text to warn Jin Qingyan, but seeing the look of calmness on An Xiaoning’s face, he seemed to have understood something. Hence, he decided against doing it eventually.

“If he didn’t see me, don’t tell him I’m here,” An Xiaoning stated. “I’m leaving in a while with Yangyang.”

“Okay.”

A moment later, Long Tianze carried a sleeping Mo Li towards Jin Qingyan’s direction.

Long Tianze did not speak to him indeed as he carried Mo Li upstairs, but An Xiaoning was staring at him from a distance. Maybe because there was nobody around her looking, or because they were shrouded in darkness, she was able to look at his every move and facial expression fearlessly, even managing to interpret his words from the shape of his lips.

She was consciously reminded to leave, but her body seemed to be glued to the sofa. Finally, feeling uncomfortable in her posture, she even took off her shoes and hugged her legs as she watched.

Perhaps because she was watching too intensely, when Jin Qingyan turned around incidentally, his gaze landed on her direction.

His gaze met her eyes — even in the dark, the recognition of this familiar pair of eyes was something that came naturally to him.

An Xiaoning’s heart sank the moment she was exposed, but she did not hide immediately. As their eyes met, the pain she felt at that moment was distinctly clear.

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 7:04am On May 01, 2023
Chapter 39: Let’s Sleep Separately Tonight

Long Tianze came back from upstairs. Seeing how Jin Qingyan was repeatedly looking towards An Xiaoning’s direction, he knew that he had found out.

Leaning against the bar counter, he exclaimed, “Your wife is right there, and you still dare to bring this woman here? Do you have a death wish?”

Upon hearing that, Chi Rui’er immediately scanned her surroundings, but there were too many people so she could not find An Xiaoning.

“What is she doing here?”

“We met by accident and had a meal together, so we dropped by here after that.”

Jin Qingyan started walking towards An Xiaoning, with Long Tianze and Chi Rui’er following behind.

An Xiaoning did not move an inch. Seeing him walk towards her, she maintained her composure. In truth, she was actually thinking of how to teach him a lesson tonight.

With that thought in mind, an opportunity came at that moment.

Gu Beicheng was calling her.

“Boss, that fellow is calling again!”

Hearing this ringtone straight-up made Chi Rui’er burst out into laughter.

An Xiaoning slid her phone to answer. She took a more comfortable posture, with both legs resting on the coffee table and her body leaning on the sofa. Her voice was soft and sweet like melting honey.

“Hello.”

On the other end, Gu Beicheng was slightly in shock. A mere “Hello” made him sense that An Xiaoning was behaving unusually.

“You’re sick?”

An Xiaoning resisted the urge to revert to her normal attitude and continued, “What do you want to say at this time?”

“Why is it so noisy at your end, are you at a bar?”

“Umm, at ‘Night Spirit’ — want to come over for a drink?”

“What a coincidence, I’m passing by. Give me a moment.” After he hung up, An Xiaoning reached out to raise the wine glass. Acting like she had never seen Jin Qingyan and Chi Rui’er, her attitude was so carefree that Jin Qingyan could not help but wanted to ask: was she so blind that she hadn’t seen him?

“Who was that?” Jin Qingyan asked as he sat down beside her.

An Xiaoning smirked. “Want to know?”

Jin Qingyan saw that smirk and felt slightly uncomfortable. Perhaps that was because he noticed how that smile faded quickly from her face.

“It’s late now, go home.”

An Xiaoning acted like she didn’t hear him. She turned her back on him and held onto Mei Yangyang.

Jin Qingyan knew what An Xiaoning was feeling. Although she pretended to be cool about it on the surface, she was really angry.

It was the kind of anger that had been contained inside for a long time, one that would simply explode at a specific point.

Chi Rui’er just stood there before finally sitting down on the sofa, not saying a word. She was like an innocent victim who was out of the picture.

Eventually, it was the masculine voice of a man that broke the temporary silence.

Gu Beicheng did not sit down directly. He stood behind the sofa An Xiaoning was sitting on, then bent over and asked in a low voice, “I called you because I had something to talk to you about, but it seems like now’s not the time for that. Why does this feel like a crime scene?”

His voice contained a tinge of a sneer. It was rather obvious — his gaze was on An Xiaoning the whole time, not even for a second was it spared on Chi Rui’er.

“Get in the car if you have something to say.” She stood up, supporting a drunk Mei Yangyang out as she left.

Hearing her words, Jin Qingyan’s face changed.

But An Xiaoning was not about to consider his reputation, feelings, or even what he would think.

When they reached the car, An Xiaoning sat in the driver’s seat and turned to face Gu Beicheng who was seated beside her. “You really have something to tell me?”

“No, I just thought of calling you at night. I said that just now as an excuse to get you out.” Gu Beicheng felt increasingly that this woman was a mystery to him. It made him more curious to find out what kind of person she was and know more about her.

An Xiaoning leaned back slightly. “What virtues does Chi Rui’er have?”

“Not sure. Because I’ve never bothered to study her, I think it’s a waste of time. That’s why I broke up with her. But one thing’s for sure, she’s nothing compared to you.” This was spoken from Gu Beicheng’s heart, even though he’d only known An Xiaoning briefly and didn’t completely understand what kind of person she was.

An Xiaoning turned and flashed a flat smile. “Which area can’t she be compared to me, I want to know.”

“Looks — you’re more good-looking than her.”

“That’s true, my beauty is universally recognized.”

Gu Beicheng raised his eyebrows. “And you’re more capable than her. Although she doesn’t look too bad, she’s like a fragile vase. But you, you’re different. If you weren’t married, I’d marry you into my household as my first wife and then marry a dozen other wives. You can reign over the harem.”

“No thanks.” An Xiaoning burst out laughing. “Marry a dozen other wives? You’d be dead meat already.”

“Oh, no — you’re the only one for me. As for the other wives, they are your slaves. You can order them around to serve you.”

Visualizing this scenario drove An Xiaoning onto the verge of laughter again. She looked out of the car window and remarked slowly, “I can tell others’ fortunes but I can’t tell my own — nor Jin Qingyan’s. If I can see how my life would turn out in the future, I’d act according to how things are fated to happen.”

He caressed her head and responded, “It’s late. Go back earlier to rest. I’m leaving.”

“Umm.”

Gu Beicheng got off the car and headed towards his own car.

An Xiaoning, on the other hand, had to send Mei Yangyang home before returning to her house.

Jin Qingyang took a short rest on the sofa. Hearing some noises, he spoke in his cold voice, “You still know to come back?”

The only reason he was sitting there was to wait for her.

An Xiaoning bent down to change her shoes, completely ignoring him. She was like that when she was angry, refusing to speak a word to him.

Jin Qingyan stood up, cursing under his breath, “Damn it.”

He followed behind closely, only to realize that the bedroom door had been locked from the inside. When he returned with the key to open it, the handle seemed to have been grasped tightly from the inside to prevent one from opening the door.

Jin Qingyan exerted all his strength to kick the door. “Open it!”

An Xiaoning acted like she did not hear it. After a while, hearing the commotion from downstairs, she loosened her grip and started changing into her pajamas.

When the door suddenly opened, Jin Qingyan, who was standing at the doorway, was incensed. “An Xiaoning, how dare you. You dare to lock me outside?”

“Other than killing you, what else would I not dare to do?” An Xiaoning cast him a side-glance. “Jin Qingyan, let’s sleep separately tonight. You go and sleep in the guest room.”

“I refuse to, I’ll sleep right here.” He went forward, boldly sitting right next to her.

“Alright then, I’ll sleep in the guest room.” She went to the dressing room to take a set of clothes and stormed out, slamming the door shut.

Jin Qingyan pushed back the covers and lay down, but he just couldn’t seem to fall asleep no matter what. He tossed about over and over again and only fell asleep eventually when it was very late.

Actually, An Xiaoning was unable to sleep that night too. She went in and out of sleep until it was daylight. When the alarm ringtone reminded her that it was Jin Qingyan’s birthday, she turned it off and went out without even eating breakfast, instead grabbing a bite at a breakfast shop before going to the clothing store.

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 7:05am On May 01, 2023
Chapter 40: Just You

It was noontime when An Xiaoning received a call from Auntie Chen, who had called to inform her that it was Jin Qingyan’s birthday. He did not plan on holding a big celebration, however. Instead, he just wanted her to go home for dinner.

Just as she was about to reject it, Auntie Chen spoke again to say that he had invited a few friends over and that they were all waiting for her to come home.

Thus, An Xiaoning agreed. Thinking that the guests present were all his friends, none of which were hers, she decided to bring Mei Yangyang along. Besides, Mei Yangyang had not eaten either.

The backyard was filled with four or five luxury cars.

“Sis, your house is huge!” exclaimed Mei Yangyang when she alighted.

“Hurry, come on in,” said An Xiaoning as she held Mei Yangyang by her hand.

“Alright.”

Amongst the few people in the living room sat a good friend of Jin Qingyan’s apart from Long Tianze. His name was Ling Ciye and he was a gang member, apparently. An Xiaoning could tell right away that he was not a simple man, just from his body language. Jin Qingyue, who was also present, acted as if An Xiaoning did not exist at all. She kept her eyes glued onto the video game on her mobile phone. Jin Qingyan had had his eyes fixed on An Xiaoning since the very moment she entered. However, she pretended not to notice and, instead, took a seat together with Mei Yangyang.

“We’re ready for the dishes to be served.”

“Alright,” said Auntie Chen as she hurried to the kitchen.

Everyone rose from their seats, one after another. Taking a look at the words on the huge cake on the table, which read “Happy Birthday to my Dearest Husband!” An Xiaoning grimaced — he actually tried to pass off as her and ordered a cake for himself!

“After today, you’ll be 26. Close your eyes and make a wish before you blow out the candles,” said An Xiaoning as she lit up 26 candles.

Jin Qingyan proceeded accordingly and blew out the candles in one breath after opening his eyes. The rest of the guests crooned to the birthday song and applauded along.

“Quick, tell us, what did you wish for?” asked Long Tianze.

“It won’t come true if I say it out loud,” Jin Qingyan said.

“Who said so? Why don’t I guess what you wished for? I know what you’re thinking, I’ll guess it with just one try.”

“You can try to guess all you want,” said Jin Qingyan conceitedly.

“Forget it, since it’s your birthday, you call the shots. I won’t be a spoilsport. During my birthdays when I was younger, I used to wish for a chance to earn lots of money when I grow up, because back then, my mother was always stingy with my allowance. I even wished for my father to get a new wife. And because of that wish, I almost got beaten to death by my mother.”

“Hahahaha,” everyone burst into laughter upon hearing Long Tianze’s anecdote.

Ling Ciye could not help but joke, “Tianze, your mother should’ve broken your legs. If she did, you would be a cripple now.”

“How sharp-tongued you are! My mother still loves me, alright?” retorted Long Tianze.

“Now I know. When he was younger, Tianze didn’t receive a beating for that incident, and thus, he got braver with each beating. Mrs. Long did love him very much, otherwise, she wouldn’t have hit him all the time,” said Mo Li.

Mei Yangyang did not bring a gift with her because she was not aware previously that it was Jin Qingyan’s birthday. At that instant, she said with a glib tongue, “Happy Birthday, Brother-in-law. May you and Sis welcome a child into your lives soon and remain happily in love for the rest of your years.”

“Thank you,” thanked Jin Qingyan as his lips thinned into a smile.

After cutting the cake, everyone returned to their seats and prepared to begin feasting. The dishes were then served one by one.

At this moment, Maomao began to bark continuously all of a sudden. All eyes on the entrance, they watched as Chi Rui’er entered through the door, a gift in her hands.

An Xiaoning’s spirits were dampened at the sight of her.

“Ew! What’s this ugly thing here? Get away from me,” snarled Chi Rui’er as she gave Maomao a kick, causing it to bark even louder.

Jin Qingyan stood up and bellowed, “Get back inside your kennel!”

Maomao let out a whimper and stopped barking. Being exceptionally spiritual, it returned to its kennel while constantly turning back to look at its owner.

“Qingyan, it’s your birthday today, and so I specially got you the shirts you liked. They’re in your favorite color, too. Take it as a birthday gift from me.”

An Xiaoning took a glimpse of the logo on the paper bag she was carrying. It was a luxury brand known for their expensive shirts. Indeed, it was his favorite.

“Thank you. Have you eaten?” asked Jin Qingyan as he took the bag from her hands and placed it atop the teapoy.

“I haven’t, actually.”

“Take a seat and eat with us, then,” Jin Qingyan offered as he returned to his seat.

It seemed her arrival had greatly affected the ambiance. The initial chatter and boisterous laughter came to a halt, and everyone sat and ate quietly.

On the other hand, Long Tianze was continuously pouring everyone some liquor. The liquor they had that day happened to be Jin Qingyan’s favorite, Dreamyanghe.

For someone like Mei Yangyang who cannot hold her liquor well, a glass of regular liquor would be enough to get her tipsy, let alone one like Dreamyanghe, which was sure to knock her out of her senses with just half a glass. However, noticing that everyone else was drinking, Mei Yangyang did not want to be a killjoy. Thus, she decided to have just a few drinks, which was rather intoxicating though she had already kept the amount minimal.

At least she could continue with the meal.

But after some time, they began toasting to Jin Qingyan again, and she could not help but have another few sips of the liquor. She prayed in her head not to embarrass herself again like she did the night before, but in reality, she was already drunk.

She was not the only one who was far from sober, though. Everyone else had also had one too many to drink throughout the course of dinner that evening.

Even An Xiaoning herself had guzzled down a significant amount of liquor.

Jin Qingyan was the only one who had managed to stay sober.

Mei Yangyang sprawled herself across the couch while Long Tianze laid on the other end of it. To the surprise of Ling Ciye, the liquor had managed to knock him out, and he occupied an entire couch all for himself. On the other hand, Jin Qingyue and Mo Li supported themselves against the couch. Even Chi Rui’er had not been spared. She sat by the dining table with her eyes closed and her chin resting on her hand.

“Young Sir, shall I prepare some broth to help them sober up?” asked Auntie Chen inquisitively.

“Not at the moment. You may go get some rest first, Auntie Chen. Please order them not to enter without my instruction.”

“Alright,” said Auntie Chen as she proceeded at once.

Jin Qingyan stood up and walked behind An Xiaoning. Hovering around her ear, he asked with a nibble on her earlobe, “Are you drunk?”

The quick-witted An Xiaoning cocked her head slightly to face him. She began to sober up at the very instant that her lips brushed lightly against his face.

“A little.”

All of a sudden, he reached out to cup her chin with great force. The moment she felt the pain, An Xiaoning had no choice but to stand up while supporting herself with the chair. “What are you doing, Jin Qingyan?” she hissed.

“Are you throwing a tantrum now?”

“So what if I am? And so what if I’m not? Are you going to say that I don’t have the right to?”

“No, you do. But you already gave me a hard time for it. What else do you want?” he asked with his eyes fixed on her.

“Do you really think that’s equal?”

“Why wouldn’t it be?”

With a squint, she asked, “Let me ask you a question. How many women do you have?”

“Just you, no one else,” he said with a mellow voice. He had carried her by her waist and lowered her onto the dining table. At that instant, the tableware fell to the ground with a loud and crisp thud.

An Xiaoning was shocked to her core. She asked him nervously, “They’re all here. What are you trying to do?”

“What am I trying to do? Don’t you know the answer? You, of course,” he answered with a smirk.

“They’ll come to, anytime. Do you actually have the guts to be intimate with me, right in the presence of Chi Rui’er?” she asked apprehensively. She had a feeling that he would not do so.

“What’s there to be fearful of?” An Xiaoning felt her legs being wrapped around his waist as soon as he finished his sentence.

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 7:39am On May 04, 2023
Chapter 41: As Long as She Was Willing

The initially half-drunk An Xiaoning felt her entire body stiffen. She soon sobered up completely.

The dining table was like a battlefield that afternoon on which they kept at it for a little less than an hour before finally calling it a day.

An Xiaoning’s legs felt like jelly, so much so that she almost fell when she tried to get down from the table.

Glowering at Jin Qingyan, she slowly made her way upstairs.

Jin Qingyan then proceeded to clear up some of the mess and ordered Auntie Chen to prepare some broth to sober the others up.

All energized and rejuvenated, he eased himself onto the couch and began reading newspapers as if nothing had happened at all.

An Xiaoning took a hot bath, changed into a fresh set of clothes, and put on some light makeup. She then headed downstairs, only to discover that everyone had already come to.

Mei Yangyang and Long Tianze had sat up straight against the couch. They appeared to be rather groggy still.

Chi Rui’er sipped on the tea Auntie Chen had brought her.

“Yangyang, let’s return to the store,” said An Xiaoning.

“What store? You’ve been going out early and returning home late recently. What have you been busy with?” asked Jin Qingyan.

“I’ve opened a store. I’ll get going,” answered An Xiaoning as she left together with Mei Yangyang.

“Tsk, seriously what kind of husband are you? You’re not even aware of what your wife has been doing out there,” mocked Long Tianze.

“I’ll be aware of whatever she does only if she chooses to tell me about it. I have to leave for the office,” said Jin Qingyan as he put on his suit.

One after another, everyone stood up and left through the door. Jin Qingyue stopped Chi Rui’er in her tracks and said, “I’ll give you a lift.”

Chi Rui’er nodded in response. She had initially planned to hail a cab, but since Jin Qingyue had offered her a ride, she did not see a reason to turn her down.

“Where do you live?”

“Wei Ni Estate,” answered Chi Rui’er.

“Why are you putting up at my brother’s estate?” asked a surprised Jin Qingyue, who could not believe her ears.

“It’s only temporary.”

“Tell me the truth, what’s between you and my brother now? I heard you broke up with Gu Beicheng.”

“We’ve broken up for quite some time now. I’m just friends with your brother. Now that he’s married, what else can there be between us?” answered Chi Rui’er with a smile.

“That can’t be. If you two are just friends, why would my brother be willing to let you put up there? Even my sister-in-law had never stayed there before. Besides, divorce is rampant and only normal in today’s society. To be honest, I’m aware of my brother’s feelings towards you all these years. It was rather dubious of you to gift him with a shirt for his birthday today. It was such a meticulous gift. Didn’t you see how upset my sister-in-law was?” scoffed Jin Qingyue.

“I didn’t know what to get your brother since he already has everything he needs. Thus, I decided to just buy him something he’d like. In hindsight, it was indeed a little inappropriate,” said Chi Rui’er, lowering her head.

“I can tell my sister-in-law doesn’t fancy seeing you. She didn’t even speak to you when you were there, did she? My sister-in-law’s really something, though. My brother wouldn’t have married her otherwise,” Jin Qingyue chuckled.

Chi Rui’er asked hesitantly, “Why is she something?”

“Didn’t you know? My sister-in-law is capable of fortune-telling, and her readings are pretty accurate. My Mother and Grandma like her a lot, which is why she could marry my brother so easily. How else would that’ve been possible?” answered Jin Qingyue. Although she had addressed An Xiaoning as her sister-in-law, she actually completely disregarded the latter, deep down.

“I’ve heard about that from your brother. I don’t have such abilities, though,” said Chi Rui’er.

Before long, they had arrived at the entrance of the mansion in Wei Ni Estate. “Thank you for the lift home,” said Chi Rui’er.

Jin Qingyue waved her goodbye. “No problem, bye.”

Chi Rui’er waved back at her as she alighted.

The moment she turned around, the initial smile on her face faded substantially.

After changing into her home slippers, she plonked herself onto the couch and ordered, “Bring me a cup of tea.”

The helper then hurriedly brought a cup of tea as instructed and placed it onto the coffee table while Chi Rui’er leaned against the couch. “What’s the big deal with being able to tell fortunes?” she snorted with contempt after an entire day of suppressing her displeasure.

She whipped out her mobile phone and sent Jin Qingyan a text message to invite him over for dinner. However, he had rejected her tactfully, with the excuse of having to spend the evening with his wife at home.

Chi Rui’er grew into an uncontrollable rage and cast her mobile phone aside angrily. At that very moment, she herself became convinced that they were indeed nothing more than just friends, that he had an actual wife.

But she knew that he loved her. An Xiaoning would lose her place instantly as long as she was willing to marry him.

Then again, she did not want to tell Jin Qingyan directly and ask for him to get a divorce with An Xiaoning. It would make her seem like a homewrecker.

Was there any way to cause them to get a divorce, without coming off as a shameless and unrefined woman? she thought.

Chi Rui’er sunk deep into her thoughts, bombarding herself with a bunch of questions.

The sound of a text message notification could be heard coming from her mobile phone. Thinking that it was a text from Jin Qingyan, she hurriedly picked up her phone, only to realize that it was from her stepfather instead.

She opened the text message, which read: Your Mother wants to see you, she wants you home .

She quickly proceeded to call her mother, who was indeed at home. Chi Rui’er then swiftly got up, changed out of her slippers, and made her way back home in the Northern suburbs.

By the time she arrived home, her mother had already prepared a spread of homemade dumplings on the dining table.

“Your mother made you some dumplings because she missed you. You haven’t been home in so long, yet you don’t even bother dropping by for a visit,” said her stepfather, smiling benevolently.

She did not bother answering him, however. “Mom, how has your health been lately?” she asked as she sat next to her mother.

“Great, everything had been fine, with your father taking care of me.” Handing Chi Rui’er a pair of chopsticks, her mother said, “The dumplings are made with your favorite filling. Here, have some before they turn cold.”

She took the pair of chopsticks from her mother and began digging in.

What a familiar taste it was. If it weren’t for her Mother’s request, the last thing Chi Rui’er would want to do is to step foot into that house. In fact, she had planned to leave together with her mother. However, she decided not to in the end and thus did not inform her mother of the reason. Instead, she just let the matter drag on.

After finishing the dumplings, she sat next to her mother and chatted with her until the latter was tired. Chi Rui’er then informed them that she was leaving.

“You’ve made it all the way back here, why don’t you just stay the night?” said her stepfather, trying to stop her.

“Nah.” She insisted on leaving.

“Let your father send you,” said her mother.

“It’s fine,” she answered as she picked up her bag hurriedly and left through the door.

Little did she expect for her stepfather to chase after her.

Chi Rui’er picked up her pace and made it in time for the public bus. She quickly boarded, unaware that her stepfather had tagged along.

He sat right next to her and stared at her sideways.

Just as she was about to make a call, he grabbed her by her hand and said with a mellow voice, “Rui’er, you’re all grown up and independent now. But Father isn’t old and muddle-headed just yet. If you continue to be so rebellious, I’m going to have to punish you.”

Glaring daggers at him, she warned, “If you keep being like this, I’m going to tell Mom about it.”

“It’s up to you to say whatever you want. I’ll just remind you, your mother is plagued with a heart disease, she might just get a heart attack and pass on upon hearing what you have to say. If you’d like that to happen, it’s fine by me too. At least I’ll be without a burden.”

Chi Rui’er felt helpless and as if there was nothing she could do. She cocked her head towards the window and ignored him for the rest of the journey.

After alighting from the bus, Wei Ni Estate was still quite a distance away from where she was. Thus, she had to take another detour bus before she could arrive home. At that moment, she instantly regretted turning down the offer for a ride home.

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 7:39am On May 04, 2023
Chapter 42: Are You Game Enough?

She stuck a hand out to flag down a taxi. Unexpectedly, her stepfather got into the back seat.

When the car reached the entrance of Wei Ni Estate, Chi Rui’er intended to stop the security officer from allowing him in. But before they even went in, her stepfather remarked haughtily, “The man you’re with now is called Jin Qingyan right? When I see him later, I’ll tell him about us.”

“What exactly do you want?” Chi Rui’er scowled at him. “Why on earth are you being so shameless!”

“I’ve already told you, you better not provoke me. I have nothing but a mouth that has no qualms about saying anything at all.”

Chi Rui’er finally went back to her own home.

Her stepfather flashed a gloating smile, knowing he had gotten his way.

The moment the door closed, Chi Rui’er was forcefully held from behind by him. She kicked her legs while struggling to break free. “You bastard, let go of me!”

She turned her head and took a huge bite on his arm, then continued to bite it desperately. Immediately after, her body was thrown back and landed heavily on the floor. Chi Rui’er only felt her brain was being blown. Everything before her eyes went blurry, and then she lost consciousness.

“…”

“…”

“…”

When she woke up, she realized that she was lying naked on the bed. Her clothes were all over the floor, and her stepfather was nowhere in sight.

Thinking that it was Jin Qingyan’s birthday and that even Chi Rui’er had bought a present for him, she felt that as his wife, she had to have some form of expression.

An Xiaoning wrote Jin Qingyan a handwritten letter at the store, then went out to the streets when it was 6 o’clock.

She bought a watch that was rather costly, then brought it home.

When she saw his car at home, An Xiaoning placed the gift in her own bag and got off the car, carrying her bag.

He was sitting before the dining table getting ready to eat. Seeing her return, he called out, “Come and eat.”

An Xiaoning went forward and was not in a rush to present her gift. She sat down and started to eat.

“Auntie Chen, do you have some chilli sauce and fermented bean curd?”

“Yes, give me a moment, Young Mistress, I’ll get it for you this minute.”

A moment later, Jin Qingyan saw her scooping out a tablespoon of chilli sauce and a piece of fermented bean curd, mixing them together with her rice. Then she placed a big spoonful of it into her mouth. Her expression and the way she was devouring it showed she was enjoying it so much.

He simply could not understand it at all.

“Mixing them all together, I’ve lost my appetite just looking at it.”

An Xiaoning shrugged her shoulders. “Why is that? As long as it tastes good, isn’t that good enough? Whatever we eat comes out afterwards anyway.”

The rice he was about to swallow immediately stopped at his throat. He murmured, “We’re eating, can’t you say something nicer.”

An Xiaoning grinned. “I don’t have nice words but plenty of awful things to say.”

“Nothing good comes out from a filthy mouth.” He reached out for his handkerchief to wipe his mouth.

An Xiaoning lowered her head and ate heartily, saying after she was done, “Today’s your birthday, I’ve a surprise for you.”

“What surprise?” For some reason, he was vaguely expectant.

“Come up after 20 minutes, I need to prepare upstairs. Watch your watch okay, come up only after 20 minutes,” she instructed and went upstairs.

She turned on the air-conditioning and washed her hair and body briefly. By then, 10 minutes had already passed.

An Xiaoning blew her hair dry and took her time to retrieve a piece of bright red scarf made of genuine silk from the dressing room clothes rack. It was a piece of very long scarf which looked stunning.

She used the back of her hand to wind the scarf from her back to the front of her chest, until it had wound up around her thighs. Then she ended by tying a butterfly knot.

After the 20 minutes were up, he came up from downstairs. Actually, since she had gone up, Jin Qingyan continued to look at his watch regularly, feeling like 20 minutes were as long as two years.

When it was finally time for him to go up, he went up eagerly. As the door opened, his eyes almost popped out. What his wife was wearing aroused his attention completely.

He entered the room.

An Xiaoning turned on the sound system and relaxing music started to play.

She fluttered gracefully as she danced to the music. In front of him, her moves were elegant and she was especially charismatic.

With such beautiful moves, it was impossible for one to take their eyes off her.

He actually never knew that she was such a great dancer.

This An Xiaoning before him was bold and confident.

She was someone who dared to reveal her beauty in front of her husband.

At this point, the music stopped and so did her dance.

The red scarf wrapped around her fell off and landed on her feet.

Jin Qingyan swallowed the lump in his throat and spoke in a slightly husky voice, “Thank you for taking time to prepare this gift for me, I like it very much.”

He carried An Xiaoning in his arms and threw her onto the bed. Right after, he went down on her like a violent storm.

After it was over, she rubbed her aching back as she got off the bed to retrieve the box containing the watch and passed it to him. “Here.”

He received it and opened the box — it was a very decent watch which was branded.

“You chose it for me?”

“What do you think of it?”

“Not bad.” He wore it on his wrist to try. It looked good. “Since my wife chose it for me, I’ll keep wearing it in the future.”

An Xiaoning then passed her handwritten letter to him. It was written on red paper and folded into the shape of a heart.

He was suddenly in high spirits and opened it expectantly, while An Xiaoning crept into the covers and covered her face. For some reason, she felt a bit embarrassed. She had not felt that way when she wrote it, only now after she had given it to him.

“My dear husband, when I was in my worst state, we became a family. Ever since we got married, I treated you as my closest family. But now, I realize that some of the things you do are hard for me to understand and are even upsetting. I hope you can do something to change in the future. Also, please continue to look out for me for the rest of our lives. From your wife, An Xiaoning.” He read the whole letter out. At this point, An Xiaoning — who was under the covers — found it even more embarrassing to look at him.

“Tonight, you gave me a wonderful surprise indeed. Well, how should I reward you?” His voice was smooth and pleasant, and he had a wide grin on his face.

She pulled back the covers and replied, “Money would be great. I would be too ashamed to ask for anything else.”

“How are you able to utter such words so easily?”

“Well, using my mouth.” She did not think that she was being shameless at all.

Jin Qingyan reached out his fingers and smacked her head lightly. “You’re someone who’s already in your twenties, why do you still act like a young girl.”

“It’s your eyes that are bad, I am still a young girl.” An Xiaoning reached out her palm. “I thought you wanted to reward me? Five hundred thousand is enough.”

He was straightforward about it and immediately wrote a cheque of five hundred thousand for her. “Here.”

An Xiaoning received it with joy and placed it into her own bag, saying calmly as she lay down on the bed, “The atmosphere is great right now, I hope that the topic I want to discuss with you next won’t ruin it.”

“Let’s leave the topic for later and play a game now,” he suggested. “Do you dare to play truth or dare with me?”

“Shouldn’t I ask you this question instead?”

She had no secrets to hide, why would she be afraid of his questions? In reality, she had underestimated him too much.

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 5:14pm On May 04, 2023
Chapter 43: Don’t Ever Fall for Me

“I dare. Are you up for it?”

“Until the very end.” An Xiaoning raised her chin. “How do we play?”

He got down from the bed and took out a box. When he returned, he sat opposite her and placed the box on the covers, asking, “Take a guess, what’s inside?”

An Xiaoning shook her head. “No idea.”

Jin Qingyan opened the box and explained, “This is a lie detector. We’ll use this as a tool for our game of truth or dare. Place your hand on it — if your answer to my question is a lie, you’ll be electrocuted. If it’s the truth, you won’t be. Let’s play scissors, paper, stone. The winner gets to ask first.”

Her whole life, An Xiaoning feared being electrocuted the most. The feeling of not knowing if she would be shocked was something that really strikes fear into her heart, but it was not like her to go back on her word.

Nevertheless, she braced herself for it. “Can anything be asked?”

“Of course. Ask anything you are curious about.” He positioned the lie detector properly and declared, “Okay — scissors, paper, stone.”

An Xiaoning played stone while he played scissors. She got to ask him first.

Jin Qingyan voluntarily put his hand on the detector and pressed the button. “Come on, ask me.”

“Marrying me, was it a decision you made willingly?

“Yes.”

The lie detector did not react. He took off his hand. “Your turn.”

An Xiaoning placed her hand on it. She could feel her heart racing like it was going to burst out of her chest anytime.

“How well do you think I perform as a husband… in that area?”

“…” She knew it. He was not going to pass up this opportunity to ask such questions — right as she had expected.

“Superior…”

Looking at the lie detector’s reaction, Jin Qingyan broke into a delighted grin that was as warm as the spring breeze. It showed all over his face until even his ears became the color of beetroot. It was obvious how satisfied he was with her answer.

Now it was An Xiaoning’s turn to question him. This time, An Xiaoning wanted to ask him something she already had a clear answer for. She wanted to ask him this, perhaps, to verify if her answer was accurate.

“If Chi Rui’er and I were to fall into the water, who would you save?”

His gaze started to shift slightly, but he still answered, “Chi Rui’er, because she can’t swim. You learned how to swim recently. If such a thing happened, I would save her first, then go and save you.”

For some reason, hearing this answer was like a stab in An Xiaoning’s heart. All the happiness she felt within her vanished. Yet, she already knew this was the likely answer — it was akin to asking him if he loved Chi Rui’er or her.

“My turn.” An Xiaoning voluntarily placed her hand on the device again.

“What position do you like?”

“Can I reject answering this question?”

“No.”

She really could not bear to answer this question, but seeing the countdown timer on the device, she still muttered, “From behind.”

The corner of Jin Qingyan’s lips curled into a faint smile, and he put his hand onto the device again.

“Do you think… I can make you fall for me in the future?” An Xiaoning was calm as she stared at him, expectantly waiting for his answer.

Jin Qingyan thought she would have asked questions related to his wealth, which was of interest to her, but little did he expect that all she’d ask were personal questions. He answered, “I think I might fall for you.”

Even though he said there was a possibility he might, the lie detector still reacted. His hand suddenly jerked intensely from the shock caused by the electric current. An Xiaoning looked at the device, feeling that it was such a great invention — a small machine like that could reveal the truth. It was indeed amazing.

“You lied.” An Xiaoning continued, “You said that you think you might fall for me, but you knew inside that you would never fall for me. I’m just your wife. It’s a mere position that has nothing to do with love.”

For the first time, Jin Qingyan saw a look of disappointment in her eyes. He suddenly regretted playing this game of truth or dare with her.

An Xiaoning noticed that his face was frozen. He looked extremely uncomfortable, so she assured him, “It’s okay. We never married out of love anyway. I already knew that.”

Jin Qingyan kept the lie detector into the box and said in a low voice, “Don’t ever fall for me. Let’s just be a married couple — I’m your husband, you’re my wife. Just as you said, it’s a marriage that has nothing to do with love.”

“But…” she replied with her head lowered, “you never said that explicitly when we got married. If you had said that, I wouldn’t have married you.”

She really meant what she said. She felt that love at first sight between two people was possible, but developing feelings over time was possible as well.

He knew that she was upset and that it was because of his answer, so he reached out to hug her. “Didn’t you want to discuss something with me? What is it about?”

“Oh, I forgot what I wanted to discuss with you.”

“When’s your birthday?” he suddenly asked, realizing he did not know when her birthday was.

“My foster parents never told me my birthday, but my Master told me: I was born on the fifteenth of July, according to the lunar calendar. She confirmed that this was definitely my birthday.”

“Fifteenth of July? Isn’t that the ghost festival?”

An Xiaoning did not want to continue this topic. “I’ve never celebrated my birthday. It’s as good as having none.”

“Do you want to find your birth parents? I can send someone to help you find them.”

“I don’t want to find them.” An Xiaoning went on, “No matter what difficulties they had, it was wrong of them to abandon me. If I were to have a child, I’ll either not give birth to it or raise it with my own hands. I would never give it away after giving birth to it.”

“…”

Jin Qingyan would have never expected that this game of truth or dare would become deeply etched in An Xiaoning’s heart. After he fell asleep, her eyes were still wide open, and she lay there not moving, looking out of the window.

She kept on reflecting on herself — why she had escaped from a horrible marriage only to enter into another marriage without love.

After thinking for a long time, she finally came to a conclusion: she was lacking love too much.

That was why she yearned for a good man to cherish and love her with all his heart.

It was also why she got married again hastily without considering carefully. This second marriage was merely more prestigious than her first one.

But both marriages were essentially the same.

For a period of time, Jin Qingyue no longer mentioned going abroad. Mrs. Jin felt something was rather strange and asked her, “Where have you been going every night? Why have you stopped talking about going abroad?”

Jin Qingyue pouted her lips. “Father, look at my Mother, she won’t allow me to go overseas, but when I stop talking about it, she thinks it’s strange.”

“Your Mother is mainly concerned about this: have you gotten yourself a boyfriend?”

Jin Qingyue found this a suitable time to tell her family and nodded, “I’ve indeed met a decent guy. He’s really nice to me, we’re still in the stage of getting to know each other.”

Her parents heard this and exchanged looks. Mrs. Jin questioned, “Who is he? What does his family do?”

“He’s still not ready to meet both of you. After some time, I’ll bring him home for you guys to see. Actually, he doesn’t even know my real identity — I’ve kept it a secret from him.”

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 5:33pm On May 08, 2023
Chapter 44: How Capable of You

Thinking that it was a good idea, Mrs. Jin said, “Yes, we have to be secretive when observing someone. If it’s really your personality he’s in love with, then we would be fine with you dating him.”

Noticing that her parents did not seem to disapprove of her relationship, she nodded and said, “I think he’s pretty good-looking, and he’s rather generous with me as well. He seems to come from a wealthy background — he often brings me to dine at classy, exquisite restaurants, and he gives me expensive gifts.”

As soon as she finished her words, her mobile phone rang. .

Looking down at the caller display, she realized it was a call from Shi Shaochuan. “Speak of the devil. Mother and Father, I’ll get going,” she said, grimacing at her parents.

“Go ahead. Come home earlier,” instructed Mrs. Jin.

“Got it.” Jin Qingyue waited until she had left the house before answering the call. In a sweet, gentle voice resembling that of a young girl in love, she cooed, “Hello, Shaochuan.”

“Where are you? I’ll come to pick you up,” Shi Shaochuan said over the phone.

“You don’t have to. Where are you? I’ll go look for you.”

“I’m waiting for you at our usual haunt.”

“Alright.” Jin Qingyue hung up the phone, filled with excitement. Instead of driving, she hopped onto a cab and made her way to a five-star hotel.

Clad in a face mask and cap, Jin Qingyue entered the elevator and arrived at the 12th floor. She then headed to room 1232 and pressed the doorbell. Shortly after, Shi Shaochuan opened the door and carried her into the room before closing the door shut with his foot.

The overly-excited pair began smooching each other, from the door all the way to the bed, as they began to breathe harder and quicker.

At last, they stared deeply into each other’s eyes while Jin Qingyue began to speak in between breaths, “I told my parents that I have a boyfriend now.”

“What did they say about that?”

“What else could they have said? They just asked me some basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Shaochuan, what does your family do?”

“They run a business. I’m the only child, with no siblings at all,” he answered as he rubbed the tip of her nose affectionately.

“I have a brother, but he’s already married,” said Jin Qingyue.

“Then, do you think I’m husband material?”

“Well…” Jin Qingyue said with a smile as she looked down, “We haven’t known each other for too long, yet. But I’ll know if you’re husband material once I get to understand you deeper.”

“Don’t we already understand each other deeply enough? I guess we’ll have to explore each other, tonight,” he said as he began touching her inappropriately.

“You’re naughty…”

“Isn’t that what you like about me?”

“…”

An hour had passed, and the pair snuggled up against the bedhead. “Do you believe in fortune-telling?” asked Jin Qingyue.

“Not at all, those things are sheer nonsense. They’re all just a bunch of swindlers,” Shi Shaochuan answered in disdain.

Recalling what his ex-wife had told him, about his grandfather asking for his fortune to be told — which revealed that he would never have a successful marriage, no matter how many times he tried, and that An Xiaoning would be the only one who would’ve stayed with him until death did them part — he could not help but find it ridiculous.

Jin Qingyue continued, “I didn’t believe it too, at first. But the incident with my mother had really convinced me. If my mother hadn’t experienced it firsthand, I guess she would’ve been skeptical too.”

“What happened to your mother?”

Jin Qingyue then spilled the beans about her mother’s incident. “Your sister-in-law must really be something, then,” said Shi Shaochuan in response.

“Yeah, my brother wouldn’t have married her otherwise. She’s nothing other than just a pretty face who’s capable of fortune-telling.”

“Perhaps she’s great in bed.”

“Maybe,” said Jin Qingyue, covering her mouth with her hand as she giggled.

The pair spent the day at the hotel and settled their meals by calling for room service. After an entire day of clinging on to each other, they checked out of the hotel in the evening, all rejuvenated and energized.

“It’s only seven something now. I have about two to three hours more until my curfew. Shall we go to the dance club?”

“Sure.” Shi Shaochuan then brought her to the most popular dance club in town, and they entered, hand in hand.

——

Just as Long Tianze and Jin Qingyan took a seat, the cheerful expression on Long Tianze began to dissipate all of a sudden. “Hey, look who’s there,” he said.

A sullen look formed on Jin Qingyan’s face as he turned..

They were greeted with the sight of Jin Qingyue holding onto the arm of An Xiaoning’s ex-husband with one hand while grasping his hand with the other.

Long Tianze was not too familiar with Shi Shaochuan, though Jin Qingyan had recognized him right away, simply for the fact that he was his wife’s ex-husband. It was only natural for Shi Shaochuan to be deeply etched in Jin Qingyan’s memory because the latter had once investigated about him in secret.

Not noticing them at first, Jin Qingyue walked towards their direction. She stopped in her tracks the very moment she saw them. “Yueyue, what’s the matter?” asked Shi Shaochuan.

“I just saw my brother here. Perfect, let’s go say hi, you’re going to meet him sooner or later anyway,” said Jin Qingyue as she continued to walk towards them.

“Where is your brother?”

“Over there, in front of us.”

Shi Shaochuan received a great shock the moment Jin Qingyue pulled him forward.

What was he thinking? He would never have expected for her brother to be Jin Qingyan, his ex-wife’s current husband!

“Brother, this is my boyfriend.”

Noticing how startled he was, Jin Qingyue gave him a tug and urged, “Quick, say ‘Hi’ to my brother.”

“H… hello.”

Jin Qingyan shot them a deadly glance and sneered, “How capable of my wife’s ex-husband, to have become my sister’s boyfriend in the blink of an eye.”

Upon hearing his words, Long Tianze knew straight away who Shi Shaochuan was. “Brother, what are you saying?” asked a confused Jin Qingyue.

“Why don’t you get him to explain?” said Jin Qingyan coldly. He stood up and left instantly. Long Tianze stared at Jin Qingyue and Shi Shaochuan deeply, then left together with Jin Qingyan.

As if she had been struck by lightning, Jin Qingyue finally realized what was going on and turned to ask him, “You’re actually sister-in-law’s ex-husband?”

“Well, I didn’t know you were his sister,” said Shi Shaochuan, who was struck dumb and at a loss for words for a clear explanation. With stirred feelings, he hurriedly chased after Jin Qingyue, who had stomped off quickly.

He caught up to Jin Qingyue outside the dance club and profusely tried to explain himself, “Yueyue, hear me out. I didn’t mean to hide it from you. It’s just that that marriage meant nothing to me at all. Our relationship is what matters the most to me now.”

“You actually hid such a serious matter from me. Why do you have to be my sister-in-law’s ex-husband? Think about it, will my parents approve of our relationship when they find out?” said an exasperated Jin Qingyue. She had thought that she had finally found true love, yet it turned out to be not only a second marriage but also…

“You think I wanted this? I swear I don’t want to have anything to do with An Xiaoning at all. Yueyue, I love you. Although we haven’t known each other for long, you make me really happy. Don’t get angry, let’s talk about it calmly. Though I was married to An Xiaoning for two years, I’ve never been intimate with her,” Shi Shaochuan continued to explain.

“Never?” asked Jin Qingyue, startled at his confession.

“Never. So we’re only married in name. I’ve never been intimate with her because I didn’t want to treat it like a real marriage. If it hadn’t been for my grandfather who insisted I marry her, I would’ve never given in.”

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2023
Chapter 45: What a Foul Mouth You’ve Got

Jin Qingyue instantly felt better after hearing what Shi Shaochuan said. She believed his words. Before she could decide to check on him further, he quickly spoke again, “While I was married to An Xiaoning, she had brought her cousin to live with us. She then intentionally got her cousin to ask me out, just so she could file for a divorce with me. Thus, I went ahead to bring her cousin out with me, because I was unaware of her scheming plan. As a result…”

At this very moment, he exclaimed all of a sudden, as if he had been wronged and severely ill-treated, “As a result, I was chased out of the car by the both of them after they removed all of my clothing. Her cousin had gone all out to put on the show. She had taken off all her clothes too just so it would seem like I had really committed adultery.”

“Is she really such a person?” asked a stunned Jin Qingyue, who found the matter to be rather inconceivable.

“Isn’t she? Otherwise, she wouldn’t have married your brother so quickly, just after ending things between us.”

Giving his words some serious thought, Jin Qingyue began to think that he indeed made sense. At that instant, her hatred towards her sister-in-law grew even deeper.

“I’m sorry, Shaochuan, I misunderstood you.”

“I actually feel pretty perplexed myself. It’s such a small world, of all people…” said Shi Shaochuan, holding onto her hand.

“It’s okay. At the very most, just stay together with me and don’t bother addressing her,” comforted Jin Qingyue.

“But we’ve yet to gain your parents’ approval. Your brother already knows, and I suppose your parents…”

“It’s okay, I’ll settle the issue with my parents. Since things have already come to this, we might as well just be together openly.” Looking at the time, Jin Qingyue said, “I’ll go home first and contact you again if there’s any news.”

“I’ll send you home, Yueyue.”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll just take a cab,” Jin Qingyue refused and left after waving him goodbye.

Shi Shaochuan stood and watched as her figure receded, a smirk forming on the corner of his lips.

——

Jin Qingyue arrived home to the sight of her parents and brother seated upright on the couch, seemingly waiting for her to return.

After changing out of her shoes and into her home slippers, she sat next to her Mother and confessed voluntarily, “Mother and Father, it’s true, I’m dating Shi Shaochuan.”

Flabbergasted, Mrs. Jin asked, “What?”

Jin Qingyue raised her head and noticed the look of astonishment written all over her parents’ faces. Shifting her gaze towards Jin Qingyan, “Brother, you didn’t tell them about it?”

“No, I didn’t.”

“I thought you’d already told them,” said Jin Qingyue. She felt like biting off her tongue at that very instant. However, it was impossible to take back what she had already said.

“Why are you dating Shi Shaochuan? Don’t tell me, he’s the boyfriend you’ve mentioned to your Mother and me?” questioned Mr. Jin, his forehead creased into a frown.

“Yes…” she admitted. “I didn’t know it was him, initially. I just returned from overseas and I’ve never seen him, even when Brother got married. How else would I have known then? I only found out about it tonight. But he said that he was only married in name to Sister-in-law, and that he had never been intimate with her. Besides, he also mentioned that Sister-in-law and her Cousin had conspired to put on a show and frame him for committing adultery. Her motive was to get him to divorce her.”

“A pack of lies,” scorned Jin Qingyan.

“Brother, why else would Sister-in-law have agreed to marry you right after her divorce? How can you accuse Shaochuan of lying if you weren’t even involved in that matter?” retorted Jin Qingyue, as she raised her chin to look at him.

“You’re going to say that it was the first time that your sister-in-law met your brother, the night she had gotten a divorce, and she actually registered her marriage with your brother the day after, right? Don’t think I’m unaware of what you’re thinking. It’s impossible for her to get a divorce because of your brother. They got a divorce because he couldn’t resist the temptation to have an affair and got caught red-handed by your Sister-in-law. He had been lying to you!” exclaimed Mrs. Jin.

“Mother, we’ve been dating for a while now, and I’m very certain about what kind of person he is.”

“Break up with him right away. Your Father and I will approve of your relationship with anyone but him, so long as they’re decent. What are others going to say about us, if you marry him in the future? We would definitely become the joke and talk of the town,” ordered Mrs. Jin sternly.

“I don’t care what others think of me, it’s my own business. Besides, you’re really so sure that Brother will never get a divorce with Sister-in-law?”

“What nonsense are you spouting? Your Brother has only been married for days, and you’re already trying to jinx him. You’re really becoming more and more callous with your words, the older you get. Did living overseas for too long cause you to become like this? Let me warn you, you’d better break up with him as soon as possible, because your Father and I will never approve of you two,” chided the infuriated Mrs. Jin.

“In that case, I’ll let you know of my decision too. Over my dead body will I break up with him,” she retaliated while rising from her seat.

After finishing her sentence, she headed straight back to her bedroom.

“What should we do now? It really puzzles me why this daughter of mine is becoming more worrying the older she gets,” Mrs. Jin lamented.

“In my opinion, Shi Shaochuan seems like a tough nut to crack. Be cautious of him. I’ll get going,” said Jin Qingyan.

“Alright, drive safely,” wished Mrs. Jin, standing up to walk him out.

On the journey home, Jin Qingyan began to ponder over how upset Long Tianze looked when they came out of the dance club.

Feeling rather worried about him, Jin Qingyan decided to give him a call. However, he did not expect Long Tianze to answer the call so quickly. Neither did he think that Long Tianze would be sober, sounding so calm and collected.

“You’re worried about me?”

“I just wanted to say, it’s time you settled down with someone, Tianze.”

“Do I seem that desperate for a woman? I just thought your Sister would have better taste in men, that’s all,” said Long Tianze, swallowing the hard pill and hiding his sadness.

“I agree with you. Tianze, just give up on her. Don’t think I don’t know how you feel about her.”

“She really doesn’t matter that much to me. Alright, we should stop being so long-winded. It’s time for me to go look for a pretty babe.”

“Okay.”

The smile on Long Tianze’s face disappeared as soon as he hung up the phone.

He sped along the roads with bloodshot eyes. Unable to take it any longer, he decided to give Jin Qingyue a call.

“What is it?” she asked coldly, as usual. She did not seem to be surprised at the fact that he had called her.

“What do you like about that scumbag?” asked Long Tianze calmly.

Jin Qingyue was infuriated upon hearing the word “scumbag”. “What a foul mouth you’ve got, Long Tianze. Please mind your words. Have you got anything to do with what I like about him?” she hissed.

“Alright, I won’t talk about that. Would you like to hear what’s on my mind?” he continued, cocking his head backwards slightly.

“Long Tianze, did you call me up late at night just to tell me these? I’m really busy and I don’t have time to hear your thoughts.”

Just as she finished speaking, a beeping sound could be heard from the other end of the phone and she ended the call.

As he drove home in the dark of night, Long Tianze slipped into a trance.

The impetuous recklessness within him which he had tried to hide began to intensify.

He wanted badly to vent his frustration, but he did not know who to turn to.

While scanning his surroundings, a figure loitering around the entrance of the bar stealthily caught his attention all of a sudden. He squinted and caught a glimpse of the face of the figure, after which he instantly opened the door and alighted from the car.

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2023
Chapter 46: A Kiss Taken Away

Mei Yangyang stood at the doorway for some time. It was cramped with people entering and leaving. She did not want to go in alone, but Mei Shuangshuang seemed to be inside. She had no choice but to go in to find out, so she hesitated.

The hoodie behind her shirt suddenly got raised up and Mei Yangyang squealed, startled — she turned to see a pair of cold eyes staring at her.

“Hey, little girl.”

“I’m not a little girl, I’m 20 already.”

“Wow, you’re of age.” Long Tianze unclenched his hands and folded them into his pocket. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m here to find my younger sister, but I don’t quite dare go in alone.”

“Come in with me.” He turned and headed in while Mei Yangyang followed closely behind.

After searching the place once and realizing that Mei Shuangshuang was not inside, she said, “Thank you, Young Master Long.”

“I haven’t eaten, will you have a meal with me?”

“Huh?”

He continued to stare at her, “Will you?”

Mei Yangyang finally nodded, “Sure.”

At this very moment, Mei Shuangshuang’s call came in. She answered it, and on the other end was Mei Shuangshuang’s shrilly voice, “What did you call me for? You act like you’re inspecting me all day, how annoying can you get?”

“Do you think I want to supervise you? Our parents can’t take care of you properly, I’m just controlling you abit and you’ve already become like this. If i didn’t, you will probably do worse things.”

“Tonight I’m sleeping at a classmate’s house, I’m not going back.” With that, she ended the call.

Mei Yangyang furiously threw her phone into her pocket. She then followed Long Tianze to a nearby restaurant and the two entered a private room only for themselves.

He ordered many dishes. Although she told him that they won’t be able to finish them, he still spared no effort in doing so, even ordering a luxurious brand of wine.

Mei Yangyang could guess that the number of dishes he ordered would probably amount to a huge figure.

He looked like he was in quite a bad mood, yet he urged her, “Look at how skinny you are, eat more.”

Mei Yangyang nodded and picked up her chopsticks to eat only the dishes nearest to her. Meanwhile, he ate very little and only kept on drinking.

“Don’t just drink, it’s harmful for your liver. Eat more.” Mei Yangyang picked up more food for him with her chopsticks.

Looking at her appearance, he asked, “Are you still in school?”

“No. I stopped school long ago, and now I’m working at Sister Ning’s store.”

“What store did she open?”

“A fashion boutique, selling clothes.”

Long Tianze nodded. “Looking at your baby face makes me feel that you’re very young. Why didn’t you continue going to school?”

“My family circumstances didn’t allow me to.” Mei Yangyang smiled vaguely. “Are you very unhappy?”

“You can see that?”

“It’s very obvious…”

He sighed and asked, “How many boyfriends have you had?”

“Oh, I haven’t been in love yet, so I haven’t had a single relationship before.” She ate as she spoke, “A pure and beautiful young girl like me just hasn’t found the right man who could catch my eye yet.”

Long Tianze’s gaze landed on her lips. Her pink lips were stained with oil, and he wanted to get a tissue to wipe it off for her. In actual fact, after drinking a few glasses, he really did take out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the stain off her lips himself.

Mei Yangyang was somewhat taken aback. She raised her head to look at him. His gaze was slightly detached, like he was seeing another face through hers.

Long Tianze moved closer to her and sat beside her. Using one arm to support his head, he looked at her and said, “You’re so good-looking.”

Mei Yangyang had never heard such a compliment from a handsome man like him. Her pretty face blushed and turned scarlet.

“I think I’m good-looking too.”

He broke into a broad grin and went into a trance for a moment. Using one hand to hold onto the back of her head, he pushed his face towards hers and kissed her without warning.

Mei Yangyang looked at the face that was on hers. Her whole body instantly froze; she remained in shock.

She was wondering what situation she was in. Before she could even react, his lips had pulled away from hers.

“Yueyue, why are you so blind, is that guy a better catch than me? Can he compare to my handsome face, good qualifications, and devotion towards you?”

Mei Yangyang was dumfounded. He must have taken her for someone else — this made her somewhat displeased momentarily.

Seeing that she was not speaking, Long Tianze continued to probe, “Why, don’t want to answer me?”

Although Mei Yangyang did not know who that other guy was, she still replied, “He’s not as good a catch as you, he doesn’t look as good as you or have better qualifications than you — he can’t compare to you in any way.”

“Then why do you want him and not me?”

“…” Mei Yangyang raised her glass and drank a few sips. It was true that alcohol could boost one’s courage. She then responded, “I want you and not him.”

“If you do it with me now, then I’ll believe you.”

Mei Yangyang took a deep breath and told him in a serious tone, “Look carefully, who am I?”

“Aren’t you just Jin Qingyue, who else could you be?”

“…”

Basically, he did not eat much during that meal. After paying, Mei Yangyang felt the leftover dishes were such a waste. She asked the waiter to takeaway the food before leaving the restaurant with him.

With one hand carrying the food and another supporting him, Mei Yangyang used up all her strength to get him to his personal lounge at his bar.

When she finally helped him to his bed, she felt like she was going to pass out from the fatigue.

After putting the food on the table, Mei Yangyang went to cover him with a blanket.

Little did she expect that he’d open his eyes and ask, “Didn’t you say you want me, you can have me now.”

Mei Yangyang tried to coax him to sleep, “Okay okay okay — I want you — quickly close your eyes and sleep now, I’ll do it with you after you fall asleep.”

He suddenly sprung and sat right up. He headed to the door and locked it from the inside, then came back and turned on the heater in the room. He removed his clothes himself.

Witnessing this scene left Mei Yangyang dumbfounded. She stuttered, “What… what are you doing?”

“You said you want me, you can’t go back on your words.” As he spoke, he removed every piece of clothing on him until all that was left were his briefs.

Mei Yangyang immediately stopped him from going on with his pace. “Stop… don’t continue anymore, I’m going home.”

Long Tianze reached out to grab her and held her tightly in his arms. “I forbid you from leaving.”

“Let go of me.” Mei Yangyang instantly regretted sending him back. She should have just left him with someone from the bar.

At this moment, she not only had to endure his actions of taking advantage of her but also had to hear him nagging.

“Yueyue, I’ve liked you for so many years — do you know that? Everyone can tell but you.

Yueyue, do you remember us going camping as kids? I scared you in the middle of the night by saying there was a ghost and everyone started running back, but you tripped over a rock and hurt your head. It was bleeding, and I brought my own medicine bag and bandaged your wound for you.”

“…”

Her body was abruptly pushed onto the bed. Mei Yangyang’s lips were forcefully seized by him, her whole body was in a state of oxygen deficiency.

Looking at the face right before her, his brows, eyes, nose, hair, and even his pores could not be seen.

She suddenly could not breathe and held her breath for a long time without letting go; meanwhile, her heart was thumping at a furious speed.

When it came to the point where she had to breathe or she would suffocate, she exerted all her effort to push him away and took a huge breath.

His scent was still around her mouth and lips. Mei Yangyang was not in a good state of mind — she was mourning deeply inside for herself. Twice, she was pushed down by the weight of a drunk man, and this time, even her first and second kisses had been taken away by him!

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2023
Chapter 47: Caught You and Ripped You Off

They were taken away just like that!

Who on earth had she done wrong to!

This time, he finally fell asleep completely. Mei Yangyang was at last able to put a blanket over him. The more she thought about it, the angrier she got. Thinking that he would not want the leftover food, she carried the packet of leftovers and set off.

Reaching home, she lay on her bed but just could not fall asleep.

She made an unconscious gesture of touching her lips. It seemed as if she could still feel his lips on hers — that sizzling feeling of excitement made her doomed to suffer from insomnia that night.

The following morning, Mei Yangyang was late to the store by a whole half an hour.

She ran into the store flustered, only to see An Xiaoning already seated inside. She immediately went forward apologetically said, “Sis, I’m sorry, I overslept.”

“It’s fine. We’re not busy in the morning anyway. Have you eaten?”

“No.”

“Go to the breakfast shop to eat something. There’s no one here anyway. Go on.”

Mei Yangyang nodded thankfully. “Okay.”

When she returned after eating, An Xiaoning had gone to replenish the stocks, which was a full two hours of journey. Returning from the manufacturer’s place, she saw a nanny van parked outside her own store. This van looked extremely familiar to An Xiaoning.

When she looked more carefully, she thought to herself, Isn’t that Sun Weiwei’s car?

Heading towards her store’s entrance, she saw Sun Weiwei and her assistant picking out clothes as soon as she reached the doorway.

Seeing her, the both of them were in disbelief for a moment. But when Mei Yangyang called out to her sister, the two who were hesitant to acknowledge her immediately changed their faces.

Sun Weiwei’s eyes narrowed. “You are An Ning?”

“Nice to meet you, Ms. Sun. I am An Xiaoning.”

Sun Weiwei did not speak. She whipped out her phone and started looking for something. Reading her face, An Xiaoning could easily tell what she was looking at.

“You’re Jin Qingyan’s wife?”

An Xiaoning flashed a radiant smile at her. “Yes, why?”

Sun Weiwei’s face burned in embarrassment. She stuttered, “Why… why did you join the set…”

Looking at her face, which had turned as pale as a sheet, An Xiaoning knew what she was afraid of. After all, doing drugs was not a small thing, and what she did to her was not a small matter either.

“To experience life, why not? Oh right, I forgot to tell you — this is my store. Take a look at our clothes, they are all new designs.” She spoke in an appropriate manner, like she had not suffered under the hands of Sun Weiwei on-set and like nothing had happened between the two at all.

Sun Weiwei was already in a state of bewilderment at this point. She only nodded her head, muttering, “Of course, I need to take a look, naturally.”

An Xiaoning plastered a smile on her face and spoke eloquently, “See which one you fancy, you can try them on.”

She pointed to one at random. It looked as if she had not recovered from the surprise. Seeing her serious state of shock, Mei Yangyang was unusually happy about it. She swiftly took out the clothes rail to get the piece of clothing for her.

Sun Weiwei took off her coat and tried on the clothing. An Xiaoning praised her highly, “Wow, it really highlights your class when you wear it. Ms. Sun already looks beautiful originally, but wearing this clothing from my store enhances your beauty even further.”

“Okay then, I’ll have this wrapped up.”

An Xiaoning smiled politely. “Yangyang, help Ms. Sun wrap up this clothing.”

Right after, Sun Weiwei scanned the clothes around once and pointed to another piece. “I’ll have a look at this too.”

“Okay.” An Xiaoning took down the clothing and passed it to her.

Sun Weiwei brought the clothing into the fitting room to try. She stood before the mirror. It fitted her very comfortably and it looked trendy as well — with this piece of clothing on her, she looked pretty good.

After that, she tried on another piece of clothing.

She was satisfied once again and, after changing, informed An Xiaoning, “Wrap them all up.”

“Ms. Sun is indeed forthright. I guarantee you, with these clothes, you’ll appear extraordinary.”

“How much do they cost?”

“These three clothing have different pricing. Hmm… the first costs 700 thousand, this one on my hand costs 550 thousand, and that one costs 600 thousand. Since we’re already old friends — I mean, it’s not the first day we’ve known each other — I’ll give you a discount from the original price of one million 850 thousand. How about one million 500 thousand, what do you say?”

Sun Weiwei and her assistant were dumbfounded. Her assistant couldn’t help but exclaim, “What, but this clothing looks like it costs at most a thousand yuan…”

“It might look so, but the material of the clothing is different. Moreover, we are the sole distributor of all our clothing. The manufacturer only supplies it to our shop.”

Sun Weiwei forced a smile. She had originally wanted to soothe her relations with An Xiaoning. Little did she expect that An Xiaoning would rip such a huge sum out of her. But, at this moment, she was not in a position where she could back down. Puffing herself up at her own cost, she had no choice but to buy the clothes.

“Ms. Sun, do you want them or not? I’ve wrapped them up for you.”

“I do. I’m paying by card.”

As she said those words, An Xiaoning could obviously detect her voice trembling. Her smile became even more radiant, and she replied sweetly, “Okay.”

After swiping her card, Mei Yangyang — who was also in shock — passed the clothing to Sun Weiwei’s assistant and said gently, “Take care, please come again.”

Sun Weiwei smiled uneasily, and when she turned, her whole face was stiff.

Returning to the car, she darted a glance at the bag of clothes, incensed. “Does she think I’m a fool, charging me one million and 500 thousand yuan for a few pieces of clothing!”

“Sister Weiwei, you should have rejected them.” Her assistant was boiling with rage too. “So what if she’s the Young Mistress of the Jin family?”

“You don’t understand,” Sun Weiwei said slowly, “We treated her like that on-set and she even knows that I do drugs — if she tells the media, my career is finished. You don’t even understand such a principle, how can you be my assistant! Forget about the money she cheated me out of, it’s way better than the truth being revealed. Forget it, just treat it as money lost, damn it, the more I think about it, the angrier I get.”

Her assistant did not dare to speak anymore and drove the car away.

An Xiaoning stood there watching the car pull away. She turned and told Mei Yangyang, “Yangyang, how about this: let’s hire one or two more sales assistants. They can stay in the store at night, we can put a huge bed in the changing room. That way, you can rest earlier and come in later.”

Mei Yangyang’s eyes moistened slightly. “Sis, you’re so nice to me.”

An Xiaoning patted her shoulder. “Because I think you’re nice to me too. Let’s put a notice of recruitment at the door, I’ll put you in charge of it.”

“Sure. How much is the starting pay?”

“2500 per month, food and housing included. After working for a longer time, there will be a raise in pay.”

“I think that’s really good enough. I see other shops offering at most 1600 to 1700, and they don’t even include food or housing. But…” The thought of it lifted Mei Yangyang’s spirits immediately. “You were so daring just now, you actually dared to sell our few-hundred-yuan coats to Sun Weiwei at such a high amount — more than one million yuan. Wow, what a huge amount of money.”

“The suffering I experienced under her on-set was no joke.” An Xiaoning smiled lightly. “People like her who specialize in bullying others need to be taught a lesson at the appropriate time. She probably wouldn’t dare to buy from our store again in the future.”

Mei Yangyang covered her mouth and laughed. “I suppose so, unless her brain has gone wrong.”

“Boss, that fellow is calling again!”

An Xiaoning walked further into her shop and took out her phone. It was Gu Beicheng calling her.

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 3:53pm On May 09, 2023
Chapter 48: It Would Be Absurd If He Couldn’t Recognize Her!

“Hello.”

“Do me a favor please.” With his voice low and somber, he continued, “There’s a masquerade ball tonight. Will you be my partner?”

“This kind of ball is for blind dating, why would I, a married woman, go there?”

“I already said I needed your help. Anyway, with a mask on, no one will recognize you. It’ll just be for a while,” Gu Beicheng urged her in a desperate tone.

“Don’t tell me that other than me, you can’t find any other woman? I don’t underestimate your charisma at all.” It was evident that An Xiaoning was unwilling to go.

“Five hundred thousand,” Gu Beicheng offered this price. “Just half an hour and we’ll go back. Five hundred thousand for 30 minutes, how’s that?”

“It’s a deal then.” No one would ever complain of having too much money.

It was soon nighttime. Under the bright lighting that illuminated the venue, one could see that An Xiaoning was dressed immaculately, all decked up for the event. Gu Beicheng’s eyes brightened up at the sight of her.

He handed the masquerade mask over to her. Noticing that the mask would only reveal her eyes, An Xiaoning momentarily felt relieved.

With her hair tucked behind her ears and the mask on her face, she possessed a different kind of alluring charm.

“If I don’t look close enough, I would never realize it was you,” Gu Beicheng assured her. “Follow me inside and don’t speak a word. It won’t be nice if you are recognized by someone.”

“Don’t tell me there’s someone I know inside.”

He casually touched his nose, slightly awkward. “Of course there is.”

After they went in, An Xiaoning wished she could take Gu Beicheng’s head off and kick it around like a soccer ball. That jerk dared to lie to her. It was undoubtedly a blind date ball, but why didn’t he tell her beforehand that Madam Gu would be there too?

Although half of Madam Gu’s face was hidden by a mask, An Xiaoning could still recognize her.

She was suddenly on pins and needles. She even slightly regretted helping Gu Beicheng over money.

“Son, is this the lady you’ve taken a fancy to?”

“No, this is my partner for the ball.”

Madam Gu’s face changed instantly. She said in a hushed tone, “Told you to come here to pick a lady, what have you brought a partner for?”

“How badly does your son need to find a woman that I have to attend this ball today?”

“You could find one easily, but you better be serious in your relationship. That Chi Rui’er whom you’ve dated before, what kind of fling was that? Those who are invited here today are all celebrities. I asked you to attend today to meet more of these kinds of ladies. Just a few days ago, I read from a magazine report that you like men — that really pissed me off, what do you think I’ll feel as your mother?”

A smile twitched at the corner of Gu Beicheng’s mouth. “All of those were fabricated by the media. Can you believe them?”

“We know that, but others don’t, right? Enough of this rubbish, I don’t care, you have to get married before Ye Xiaotian does. I want to hold my head high before Ye Xiaotian’s mother!”

“Mother, lower your volume.” Gu Beicheng hugged his mother to reassure her. “Fine, you can go and find someone you think is decent for your son to see now. I’ll go and take a look too, to see if there’s anyone I fancy.”

“That’s much better,” Madam Gu replied and headed in.

Gu Beicheng tapped An Xiaoning’s hand to signal her to follow him, and he headed towards another direction.

They had not gone too far when An Xiaoning stopped in her tracks abruptly.

Within sight were Jin Qingyan and another woman wearing a mask. He was wearing a mask that covered half his face, but she could recognize him immediately. Looking again at the woman wearing a full mask, she was sure that it was Jin Qingyue. It seemed like he had come for Jin Qingyue.

“Come on, let’s go.”

An Xiaoning whispered, “Are you blind? Jin Qingyan’s in front — can’t you see that?”

“Yes, so what? If you stand beside me and don’t speak a word, would he be able to recognize you?”

“Yes, he would.” She debated, “Can’t we just stand here?”

“There’s someone I know over there. Come on, it’ll be fine.” Gu Beicheng reached out to drag her over forcefully. An Xiaoning felt extremely uncomfortable — her head hung low, and she stared fixedly on the ground. She did not dare to look in Jin Qingyan’s direction at all.

“Wow, who is this beautiful lady?” Ye Xiaotian straightened his posture. “New lover?”

Gu Beicheng forced a grin. “Take a guess?”

Ye Xiaotian pouted jokingly, “Not sure where you found this beauty to show off in front of your buddy.”

Jin Qingyan, who was nearby, narrowed his eyes. His gaze landed on the figure beside Gu Beicheng. There was no question about it, he could tell who it was at first glance.

He had been intimately involved with this figure countless times, it would be absurd if he couldn’t recognize her!

“You can’t recognize who she is, yet you blame her for being a beauty.” Gu Beicheng sneered.

Ye Xiaotian paused for a moment, observing An Xiaoning carefully. Since she had her head hung low, he had no choice but to go closer. He scanned her from head to toe and finally stood there, his mouth agape. It was like he had made a shocking discovery — there was a look of disbelief in his eyes. He purposely bumped into Gu Beicheng and remarked playfully, “Wow, you’re really something.”

In an attempt to make her stand firmly with her head held high, Gu Beicheng grabbed An Xiaoning’s shoulder, but she was too guilty to raise her head.

“A ball like this is completely pointless.”

“Indeed, completely pointless,” Ye Xiaotian chimed in. “A bunch of boring women, I can’t be bothered to look at them.”

The two went on and on with their conversation. An Xiaoning stood there feeling tortured, wishing that time would pass quickly.

On the other hand, Jin Qingyan’s line of sight was fixated on An Xiaoning while Jin Qingyue beside him had taken out her phone to check it continuously. It looked like she also did not want to be there at all.

A blind date ball like that could not do without them — nor without Long Tianze. He arrived the latest of them all.

“It’s really getting worse over the years. One look at their figures and almost none are right on point.” As he said that, Long Tianze’s eyes landed on Jin Qingyue and he quickly averted them.

“I’m already a married man and I still have to accompany you to suffer such treatment.” He then ordered Jin Qingyue, “Switch off your phone.”

Jin Qingyue cast him a pitiful look. “Brother, I don’t want to be here.”

“Even if you don’t want to, you have to. This is our mother’s orders.”

Jin Qingyue said in annoyance, “Our mother really shouldn’t have made me come here, it’s useless.”

“Those who attend this ball are our city’s most eligible bachelors. Choose properly. If there’s anyone you fancy, then coming here would’ve been useful.”

Jin Qingyue raised her eyebrows. “Brother, I already have a boyfriend now. Are you making me into a two-timer?”

Jin Qingyan suddenly stopped speaking. The look in his eyes became ice cold. Seeing her brother’s expression, Jin Qingyue was immediately intimidated into a state of speechlessness.

On one side, Long Tianze appeared as if he was casually looking at the women around him. In reality, his soul had traveled miles out of his body.

For this masquerade ball, the few of them were there just for fun. They left the exact same way they had arrived, without any gains at all. Yet…

An Xiaoning was easily able to receive five hundred thousand.

Who would find fault with money?

Even though the thought of being subjected to a round of questioning once she was home arose, it did not matter anymore.

She used to think five hundred thousand was a large amount. Now, she could get it so effortlessly. Only a fool would say no to it.

An Xiaoning did not go home immediately while still wearing the gown. She changed into another set of clothes and threw the gown she had had on directly into the rubbish bin. As her car was pulling into the house, Jin Qingyan had already reached home.

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 3:54pm On May 09, 2023
Chapter 49: Please Me

“Did you have fun to your heart’s content tonight?”

An Xiaoning decided to play dumb and replied cluelessly, “What fun to my heart’s content? I just returned from the store, I’m exhausted as it is, where did the fun come from?”

Jin Qingyan commented, “You little liar.”

An Xiaoning continued to deny to the end, “Who’s a little liar? Don’t come accusing me if you yourself went out to have fun. Jin Qingyan, don’t accuse an innocent person. If you saw me, why didn’t you acknowledge me directly?”

Seeing how she blatantly refused to admit, he ended the topic and stopped talking about it anymore.

One after the other, they entered the bedroom. Jin Qingyan asked her, “Can you help Qingyue read her fortune?”

An Xiaoning responded, “What aspect of her life do you want me to read?”

“Regarding marriage.”

“I already said before, to read about marriage you need to vaguely know the other party’s birth characters.”

“Shi Shaochuan, I’m sure you’re familiar with it.”

An Xiaoning was startled. “Why did you mention him?”

“Qingyue is dating him now.” As Jin Qingyan uttered those words, it seemed as if they were forced out of his mouth. It was quite clear he was averse to the idea.

An Xiaoning heard this and was immediately visibly shaken. “I do know his birth characters because his grandfather made me read them for him, but I never expected your sister to get together with him. Shi Shaochuan is really a huge playboy. Beneath the facade of his dignified appearance, the women he has toyed with can line up from the front gate to the public bathhouse — my cousin is one of them.”

“And they say women in love have an IQ of zero. This is quite true indeed.” Jin Qingyan spoke as if he expected better from her sister. “Can you help me read if they will get together for long?”

An Xiaoning was actually reluctant to reveal it as it would do her no good. Not only will Jin Qingyue not thank her for it, she would also hate her.

“I already said, if your sister gets stopped by your parents, she’ll put all the blame on me.”

Jin Qingyan could read between her lines and sensed her insinuations, but he still wanted to know, “Compared to this, it’s more serious if she falls into a fiery pit.”

An Xiaoning changed into her nightgown, then went to the washroom to wash up and brush her teeth.

After she was done, she got onto the bed and leaned on the pillow. With her body leaned on one side, she asked, “What’s Qingyue’s birth characters?”

“She was born in the year XXXX, 24th August at 10:24 pm. The place of birth is the old villa.”

She repeated what he said silently, then replied, “Even though I already know how Shi Shaochuan’s marriage life would turn out, seeing the possibility of their marriage together, I don’t what to go into the details. Their birth characters clash. Let me tell you about Shi Shaochuan’s marriage situation: no matter how many women he has, these relationships will end eventually. Even if he gets married, it won’t last long. His grandfather’s efforts were in vain — marrying me was the only way for him to find someone to grow old with, but he didn’t appreciate it and even ruined the marriage himself. That piece of saying is really applicable — if it’s fated, there’s usually no way to change how it happens.”

“Then tell me, will Qingyue marry him?”

An Xiaoning gave a pensive smile. “Want to find out? You have to please me.”

Jin Qingyan’s handsome face froze for a moment. When it came to him turning to her for a favor, he still had to put himself in a position to be exploited by her.

“How do you want me to please you? Do you need my physical strength, financial resources, or for me to wait on you personally?”

An Xiaoning grinned from ear to ear. “No, no, I only love money — your financial resources are enough.”

Jin Qingyan looked like he understood immediately. His warm smile reached his eyes. “How much?”

“Hmm, let me see… if it’s too much, it makes it seem like I’m ripping you off, but if it’s too little, it doesn’t befit your reputation. Just this amount then.” She raised one finger.

“Ten dollars?”

A smile twitched at the corner of An Xiaoning’s lips. She got five hundred thousand from accompanying Gu Beicheng to the ball. Ten dollars? That idiot…

“No.”

“Ten thousand?”

She shook her head. “Do you think I charge just this amount now?”

“Okay — I know — a hundred thousand right?”

An Xiaoning beamed. “One million.”

“Who was the one who said she wouldn’t rip me off?”

“You belittle your wife too much. In the beginning, when I asked for a hundred thousand for reading your grandmother’s fortune, I already regretted — it was too little. It’s up to you. If you don’t want me to read anymore, I won’t take the money. Let’s turn in.” She slid into the covers and pulled them properly, closing her eyes to act like she was sleeping.

“One million it is. It’s not to an outsider anyway, this is called sharing profits with your own people. Giving it to my own wife, I’m happy with it. Come, take it, don’t hesitate to buy anything you want with it!” He generously passed the cheque to her.

An Xiaoning sprung up from the bed and received it with both hands. Looking at the cheque, she felt absolutely pleased in her heart, then she pecked a kiss on it and put it away. In a serious tone, she said, “Shi Shaochuan is someone who can please women very well. He can twist facts and distort the truth. Your sister is destined to fall into his hands. Even if you and your parents try to stop it, it’ll be useless — she needs to wake up from it herself. They will get married.”

Jin Qingyan’s face changed instantly, and he seemed to be deep in thought.

“Can her fate be changed?”

An Xiaoning answered directly, “No. Enough, don’t interfere in it anymore. It’s not something within your control.”

Jin Qingyan lay down with her, feeling slightly depressed. “Regarding this matter, I still hope it can be reversed.”

“How can it be reversed?”

“How about forcefully arranging a marriage for her?” Jin Qingyan’s thin lips went cool. “That’s far better than her being with Shi Shaochuan.”

“This is not an oppressive society anymore, you’re still thinking about arranged marriages?” An Xiaoning advised him gently, “Everything in this life happens for a reason. The kind deeds you did in your previous life reap their rewards in this life. Similarly, the sins you committed in your past life will affect how your life turns out — it’s not something you can just change if you want to. Honestly, those who change their fate will cause misfortune to befall on the fortune-teller. If it’s not out of greed for money, nobody would do such a thing. It’s basically divulging the will of heaven — nothing good comes out of it if it’s overly done.”

“Then by divulging this, how will it affect you?”

“Many ways.” An Xiaoning continued, “My health, marriage, and other areas will be affected.”

“Didn’t you tell me your Master said you were born on the fifteenth of July? How did she know?”

An Xiaoning muttered, “My Master is very skillful. Those who are skilled can tell such things, but I’m nowhere near her level. My knowledge is still shallow and my skills are limited.”

Thinking of the book old master Gu had given her, she went deep into thoughts. That book would be very beneficial to her.

“How’s your store doing?”

“Oh, very good.” An Xiaoning naturally hugged his waist and snuggled her face onto his chest. “Do you know why I love money so much?”

“Why?”

“Because only money is loyal to you. It won’t be fickle-minded. As long as I have enough of it, I’ll have control over it and it’ll have to listen to me. People are different, they have a heart. Owning someone’s heart is easier said than done.” She closed her lips gently. “Compared to a person’s heart, I still prefer money, which can be easily won over.”

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 3:27pm On May 10, 2023
Chapter 50: Are You Trying to Murder Your Husband?

Jin Qingyan looked down. “You still have no sense of security even though our house is rich enough.”

“But — our house’s money belongs to you and the whole of the Jin family, it’s not mine. Most people probably think that as Mrs. Jin, I should be used to having money, but they’re all wrong. Those who know me will know, regardless of the amount of money, it won’t be too much to me.”

Jin Qingyan’s fingers were in hers, gently rubbing at her smooth skin. An Xiaoning raised her head and the two passionately cuddled together.

As their bodies pressed closer, the atmosphere gradually became heated.

“Babylifewasgoodtomebutyoujustmadeitbetternull, Ilovethewayitstandbymethroughanykindofweathernull…” His handphone ringtone suddenly broke out at this untimely moment.

Jin Qingyan did not answer it. He allowed his phone to continue ringing, and the ringtone continued to chime over and over again.

After the fourth ring, he stopped whatever he was doing because the only person who had the patience to ring him for so long was Chi Rui’er. The people around him usually rang once or twice before giving up, including his parents and relatives.

His hand reached out and, taking a look at the phone screen, he saw that it was indeed Chi Rui’er calling.

He sat up and answered it. “Hello.”

On the other end came Chi Rui’er’s weak and feeble voice, “Qingyan, I’m having a fever.”

“I’ll give my family doctor a call so he could check on you.”

“Ahem, ahem… can you come over? If it’s too much trouble, then it’s fine.” Chi Rui’er coughed repeatedly. Her voice was hoarse and her breathing was heavy. It seemed like she was in terrible discomfort.

“I’ll go over right now.” His spirits immediately dampened, he pushed back the covers and got out.

An Xiaoning tightened her grip on the blanket. She looked over at him and said, “I’ll come with you.”

“No — you sleep first. I’ll be back in a jiffy.” He put on his coat last in an orderly manner. Maybe in consideration of her status, he turned and reached out to hold her face. Giving it a little peck, he said soothingly, “I’ll be back real quick.”

An Xiaoning grunted, “You better be back soon, or else…”

“Or else what?”

“I’ll use a different method to make you get it!”

“Alright…” He kept his smile and headed out.

He arrived at Wei Ni Estate. Just then, the doctor came out from Chi Rui’er’s room and reported, “Young Master, because the fever is quite high, I’ve put her on a drip.”

“Hmmm, alright, noted.”

He pushed the door open. Chi Rui’er was leaning on the bed to rest. She had one hand hanging onto a drip and the other held a cup of milk. Seeing him enter, she looked at him with a pitiful look and said, “Qingyan, I’m feeling so unwell.”

“Aren’t you on a drip? You’ll get better soon. Why did you get a fever?”

“I fell asleep while bathing.” She placed the glass of milk on the table and continued, “The bathroom temperature was too low — you should know, I have a weak constitution. Were you in bed already?”

“Ummm, I just lay down when your call came.”

“If I knew, I wouldn’t have called you. But I’ve no one to speak to. I’m so lonely.” Chi Rui’er’s eyes were brimming with sadness. “Qingyan, how much longer may I live here?”

“If you think it’s not convenient living here, I’ve arranged for someone to get you another house. I’ll get people to protect and take care of you, okay?” His words were full of meaning. It wasn’t her own house, after all, and there had to be a limit to how long she could stay there. She couldn’t possibly stay there forever.

Chi Rui’er replied lightly, “I don’t think it’s inconvenient actually, it’s very safe living here. There are people everywhere, it’s just that I’m afraid… you and your wife may get into an argument, that won’t be good.”

Jin Qingyan did not know what to say at that moment, so he just responded, “She did mention it. Just stay here for now, I’ll look for other houses. If there’s a decent one, you can move in.”

Chi Rui’er felt uncomfortable inside. This was indeed not her house, and she wasn’t the lady of the house either. She had no right to say anything. She suddenly felt it was very important for a woman to have a status.

She originally thought she had Gu Beicheng within her grasp, but who’d have known it would all be futile.

She was so deeply devoted to him and loved him so extremely much, but he suddenly initiated a breakup with her.

As for this one, he suddenly got married too.

Chi Rui’er found it funnier the more she thought of it. She had nothing at all in the end.

She found her words stuck in her throat. Finally, she was able to mouth two words, “That’s fine.”

Jin Qingyan accompanied her until a full bottle of intravenous drip had been used up. Seeing that it was rather late already, he told her, “I’ll get the helper to accompany you while you have this second bottle of drip, you can sleep peacefully now. After the bottle is used up, I’ll get her to remove the needle for you.”

“Will you be here tomorrow?”

“I’ll come over.”

Chi Rui’er could finally reply cheerfully, “Okay. I’ll wait for you, hurry back then.”

Jin Qingyan went forward to cover her with a blanket properly and dimmed the lights. He then got up and instructed the helpers to take care of her.

When he arrived home, An Xiaoning was already fast asleep.

After moving close to her warm figure, Jin Qingyan did not want to wake her so he slept quietly.

In the morning, when An Xiaoning woke up, he hugged her from behind. From his ears, he could hear the sound of her faint and regular breathing.

She pushed his hands away but her body was immediately pulled into his arms again and was not allowed to move an inch.

“I want to get out of bed.”

“You haven’t asked me if I agree to it.”

“Hmph,” she snorted softly. “I still have to get your permission to get out of bed?”

“Other times, no, but now, yes.” He turned over her body and her eyes met his — they were crinkled up in a grin. She had yet to see them clearly and was suddenly overwhelmed by his warm breath, which made the whole of An Xiaoning’s face numb.

Her head remained whirling because of the gentle treatment she was receiving. Her lips did not belong to her anymore. It was not a reckless and domineering conquest but the gentle pampering of a baby.

His legs slowly tangled up with hers, and his body gradually lost control.

Between the two of them, An Xiaoning was always in the inferior position.

When he changed and got out of bed, he said, “Come and do my tie for me.”

“I don’t know how to,” An Xiaoning confessed honestly. “I really don’t know.”

“If you don’t know, then learn,” he said in a soft tone. “I’ll teach you.”

An Xiaoning went forward and held onto the tie. His hand was on hers, going over the moves. However, she used too much strength at the end and almost strangled him to death.

“Ahem ahem ahem…” Jin Qingyan’s internal organs were about to bleed out. “Are you trying to murder your husband?”

“Sorry, my hand slipped — used too much strength — I’ll take note next time.”

He did it properly himself and went to wash up.

The two had the rare chance of brushing their teeth together. Doing the same action in the mirror and even having the same expression on, this scene oddly gave her an urge to laugh.

“A constipated look,” he mumbled as he rinsed his mouth.

“That’s because I was looking at you.”

“…”

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 3:28pm On May 10, 2023
Chapter 51: Aunt Flo Will Be Here in Just a Few Days

“Is Chi Rui’er’s fever severe?”

“Yes, she had two bottles of IV drip last night.”

As they headed downstairs for breakfast, An Xiaoning asked, “What would you like to have? Milk or porridge?”

“Your blood,” he blurted without hesitation.

Startled, An Xiaoning smiled at him benevolently, then said teasingly, “I’m sorry, but you’ll have to wait. Aunt Flo 1 will be here in just a few days.”

Her sarcastic remark left Jin Qingyan speechless. Initially, he thought he had married a meek and dainty wife, yet she turned out to be a sharp-tongued cynic, which was contrary to his expectations.

——

Jin Qingyan had planned to take a day off from work that afternoon. He decided to make his way to the old mansion because he was concerned about Jin Qingyue having her fortune told by An Xiaoning.

“I guess it’s all fate. Though we can’t change much even if we try to stop her, we still shouldn’t sit back and watch her dig a hole for herself,” said a worried Mrs. Jin, who was rather upset and disgruntled.

“Then you’ll have to put more thought into the matter.”

Nodding along, Mrs. Jin turned to ask Jin Qingyan, “I heard that Chi Rui’er is putting up at your mansion in Wei Ni Estate. Where did you get the audacity to do that? Your wife should be the only person allowed to live there. Who is Chi Rui’er to deserve a chance to live there?”

“Mom, she’s only staying there temporarily. She’ll move out after some time.”

“Get her to leave quickly, before your grandma finds out. How dare she step foot in that mansion?”

“Alright, you don’t have to worry too much about that matter. Channel your attention towards Qingyue, she seems to be getting out of hand,” said Jin Qingyan with a reassuring smile.

“Even so, I’ll still have to keep an eye on her. She’s getting too independent and rebellious for her own good.”

Just as she ended her sentence, Jin Qingyue arrived downstairs. It was rare for her to be up so early. She usually does not wake up before noon.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going out to handle some matters. I won’t be having breakfast at home.”

“Come here,” ordered Mrs. Jin, fuming with anger.

“Mother, why are you suddenly so serious?”

“Sit down!”

“Okay, just what’s the matter?” said Jin Qingyue passively.

“Your Sister-in-law has read your fortune. You’re not going to last forever with Shi Shaochuan.”

“Mother, haven’t you heard? Your destiny lies in your own hands. Are you really going to take her word for it? Just because she said so, doesn’t mean it’s going to happen,” argued Jin Qingyue, who was unconvinced.

“She said you guys would get married, but not last forever. Do you have any idea what that means?”

“Which elderly couple actually manages to stay together even until death?” said Jin Qingyue, who insisted on interpreting her mother’s words literally.

“I knew you wouldn’t believe it. Let me warn you again, you’d better stop seeing him so often, he’s going to toy with you once you’re wrapped around his finger,” warned the enraged Mrs. Jin.

“Fine, fine, you’re so annoying, nagging at me early in the morning. I’m going to be bugged to death,” she complained as she stood up to leave while completely ignoring her mother.

She had agreed to meet Shi Shaochuan at his office that day.

That was the reason she woke up so early that morning.

When she arrived at his office, Shi Shaochuan ordered for breakfast to be delivered while Jin Qingyue began to relay her mother’s words to him.

“Didn’t I already mention, An Xiaoning is just spouting nonsense. It was merely pure coincidence that she had managed to treat your mother’s calf. No way will I believe her twisted logic,” said Shi Shaochuan.

“I guess you’re right. Does she really think she’s God? She even claims to be able to tell that our marriage isn’t going to last forever. She’s really starting to get on my nerves. I would have beaten her to a pulp if she weren’t my sister-in-law,” lamented Jin Qingyue.

“Don’t bother, she’s just a crazy woman.”

——

“Welcome…” Mei Yangyang’s voice faded as she was startled to see that it was Long Tianze who had entered.

He was clad in a white suit, with both hands in his pockets. “Babe, do you have clothes suitable for me here?” he asked, grinning from ear to ear.

“No,” answered Mei Yangyang. She turned around and walked further into the store.

Grabbing her by the arm, Long Tianze said, “We’re somehow related now, don’t you want to see me?”

Related?

“Who’s related to you? Cut the nonsense,” retorted Mei Yangyang, recalling the passionate kiss from that night.

“You, of course. Why are you so quick to deny your actions?”

She should have been the one saying that!

“I finally understand what it means for one to be shameless. You were the one who forced a kiss on me, why are you turning the arrow against me instead?” said Mei Yangyang with her chin raised.

“Little lass, why don’t we become boyfriend and girlfriend?” asked Long Tianze as he leaned closer towards her.

“What do I stand to gain from that?”

“Hahaha… There’s plenty to gain. So would you like to?” he asked after letting out a bizarre laughter.

“No. Why are you here?” Mei Yangyang asked as she took a seat.

“To look for you, of course.” Leaning against the counter with his eyes fixed on her, he continued, “Why else do you think I’m here?”

“To look for me… for what?”

“To take responsibility for me.”

“Seems you’ve gotten it wrong. I should be the one saying that,” said Mei Yangyang with a grimace, in disbelief of what she had just heard.

“No, you stole my first kiss and so you have to be responsible for your actions.”

At that instant, Mei Yangyang felt that she was wrong about him previousl. She would have never expected him to be someone like that in reality. “You were clearly the one who kissed me first! Besides, that was my first kiss too! Don’t be shameless, alright? I know that wasn’t your first kiss!” she exclaimed.

“Oh, turns out it was your first kiss too? Just right, we happened to give our first kiss to each other. Seems like we have to take responsibility for each other then.”

Mei Yangyang was speechless. She felt like she could not communicate with him at all.

“Why aren’t you talking?”

“I don’t want a boyfriend who is in love with another woman. Besides, it’s just a kiss. As a female, I don’t even let it bother me, so a man like you shouldn’t either. Quit complaining.”

She seemed to be calling him petty. The smile on Long Tianze’s face widened — he found her to be different from other girls, who would have definitely agreed.

She was not like them at all.

“Alright, we won’t be a couple then. How about just friends?”

“Okay. I’ve agreed, so you can leave now.”

“Give me your number.”

“1234567891011.”

With a slight squint, he said while remaining calm and composed, “Do you take me for a fool? I’m being serious.”

He proceeded to leave only after Mei Yangyang had blurted her actual phone number upon noticing that a customer had entered.

Long Tianze had begun to think that he had found that kiss to be rather special and different only because he had been feeling lonely and empty. He had wanted the kiss to happen again, but he was not expecting to be rejected.

——

Having seen that Chi Rui’er had been sick for a few consecutive days with no signs of recovery, Jin Qingyan questioned the doctor about his treatment. Feeling wronged, the doctor answered, “Her fever had clearly gone down, but strangely, it came back again the day after. I’m not sure why that happened either.”

“If you can’t even treat a simple cold, why would I need you here?” Jin Qingyan chastised.

“I’ll try my best.” The doctor was startled by Jin Qingyan’s animosity and hurriedly proceeded to prepare some medicine.

Jin Qingyan moved closer towards Chi Rui’er and said, “You look so wan and sallow after a few days of being sick. Get well soon.”

“Qingyan, I’m feeling so cold,” said Chi Rui’er while she boldly went ahead to hold his hand.

“But the heater in the room is on, and you’re wrapped beneath the blanket. Are you still cold?”

With a nod, she answered, “Yes.”

“You’re running such a high fever, no doubt you’d be cold.”

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 12:17pm On May 14, 2023
Chapter 52: I Want Him

“Qingyan, I really feel like such a failure, living all alone with no one to love me. I really wish for a shoulder to lean on.”

Jin Qingyan remained silent and looked away while she cupped her face with her hands.

Chi Rui’er closed her eyes and remained still, seeming to have fallen asleep as she did not continue speaking.

A long while later, she finally mustered the courage to voice the question she had been dying to ask, “You mentioned the other time that you would marry me. Do your words still hold true now?”

Retracting his hand, Jin Qingyan answered, “But I’m already married now.”

“But I’m not the person you married.”

“Rui’er…”

“Qingyan, I’m sick of being all by myself. Qingyan, have you got any ways to help me find a man who’s exactly like you?”

“I’m already married,” he reiterated.

“But you don’t love her, do you? How much longer do you want to be with a woman you don’t love at all? Don’t you think you’re just being cruel to yourself, having to face a woman you don’t love every single day? Qingyan, I don’t wish to come between you two, but neither do I wish to watch you lose yourself in this sloppy, meaningless marriage,” said Chi Rui’er, pouring her heart out.

“I don’t love her, but I don’t hate the sight of her either. In fact, I actually fancy her quite a bit. Since I’ve already married her, I ought to be responsible for my actions. Unless she initiates a divorce, I will never mention it myself. Rui’er, my grandma and parents adore her to bits, and she’s already my wife now. That’s a fact neither of us can change,” said Jin Qingyan firmly in a bid to make things clear between them.

“There is a way to change it, and it’s only up to you to decide. It all depends on whether you’re willing or not,” said an agitated Chi Rui’er, who sat upright.

“…”

An Xiaoning, who had been standing by the door, decided to head downstairs instead of entering the room. It was not that she feared to do so, but rather, she was worried about putting Jin Qingyan in an awkward spot.

It had absolutely never occurred to her that Chi Rui’er was eyeing Jin Qingyan, and she even wanted them to get a divorce.

Although his answer was not the best, it was definitely not the worst. In fact, it was rather comforting and reassuring. At least he did not blurt out anything hurtful.

Several moments later, An Xiaoning headed back upstairs and pushed the doors open to enter. Upon her arrival, Jin Qingyan stood up immediately and said, “You’re not busy anymore?”

“I heard Ms. Chi still hasn’t recovered from her cold after a long time, so I thought I ought to pay her a visit. After all, your friend is mine too. How’s her condition now?”

“Much better,” answered Jin Qingyan while he adjusted An Xiaoning’s coat, as it seemed to be slipping off.

An Xiaoning could not help but smile. Her eyes lit up immediately when she caught sight of the water spots at the entrance of the washroom, and she quickly walked towards it.

She opened the door and entered the washroom. After taking a look at the showerhead tap, she proceeded to scan the interior of the washroom and exited afterwards.

“Ms. Chi, did you take a shower last night?”

“I didn’t dare to since I’m still having a cold,” Chi Rui’er denied.

“I noticed that the tap was turned towards ‘cold.’ The weather’s chilly now, remember to turn on the heater when you shower, lest you catch a cold and suffer the pain of it.” She then instructed the servant who had entered, “From today onwards, please stay overnight to take care of Ms. Chi. You are not to leave even if she tells you to, not until she recovers fully.”

“Yes, Young Madam.”

With a sullen and worried expression on her face, she glanced towards Jin Qingyan and said, “Mother gave me a call to ask me to go back to the Old Mansion. Would you like to come along?”

“Alright.”

The couple then proceeded to leave together. At this very moment, Chi Rui’er found An Xiaoning extremely detestable and wished she could just give her a tight slap.

Indeed, she had taken a cold shower with the intention to make herself catch a cold, for Jin Qingyan would not have visited otherwise. It was the only way she could think of to make him slowly care for her again, like he used to in the past. However, she did not expect An Xiaoning to be so alert and sharp-eyed.

In that instance earlier, she felt a strong and sudden sense of enlightenment — that is, she would forever be like an outsider, no matter how much he had loved her, so long as his wife was present.

After all, it was not perfectly legitimate nor appropriate for her to be putting up this mansion.

Chi Rui’er began to reminisce about the past, when she had all of Jin Qingyan’s heart because he was submissive and willingly gave in to all her needs and wants. Not much had changed, except it felt drastically different in comparison to the past.

Reminded of the possibility that Jin Qingyan and An Xiaoning would bear children of their own in the future, she started to realize how slim the chances of them getting a divorce would become.

Chi Rui’er began to feel a myriad of mixed emotions — just like how something unwanted seems to become more precious only after someone else had picked it up.

——

An Xiaoning and Jin Qingyan had driven a car each, separately, thus leaving no opportunity for a conversation within the same car. A while later, they arrived at the old mansion, one after another.

Jin Qingyan alighted and stood by the car to wait for An Xiaoning. Carrying her bag, she walked forward and swiftly held his hand, as if it was a natural reaction, though she was still not quite used to it.

The pair then walked towards the living room at a synchronized pace.

Mr. and Mrs. Jin were seated in the living room, together with Jin Qingyue.

“Xiaoning, it’s November now. I called you here to ask if there’s any taboo I should be mindful of, other than not leaving home for the whole of this month,” asked Mrs. Jin worriedly.

The pair sat side by side, leaning against each other. “There’s nothing else to look out for. As long as you don’t have a major outing, you’ll be safe for the rest of the month,” said An Xiaoning.

“If that’s the case, then I’m capable of fortune-telling too. Anyone who stays at home all day is obviously going to be safe from any mishap!” exclaimed Jin Qingyue in utmost disbelief.

Unfazed, An Xiaoning said with a grin, “Since you’re capable of doing so, you shall predict the future events and matters of our family then.”

“Qingyue! Stop your nonsense,” Mr. Jin hollered while glaring at her sternly.

Pouting her lips, Jin Qingyue leaned back against the couch and began playing with her phone.

“That’s a relief to hear. I heard from Qingyan that you had read Qingyue’s fortune. Is it really impossible to change her fate?” asked Mrs. Jin again.

“It’s indeed impossible.”

“Then could you tell us what the Shi family is like? I’d still like to know more about them, even if their marriage is bound to fail. Since you’ve lived with them before, give us an objective view of their family, Xiaoning.”

“The old Mr. Shi was a very nice person, but he had already passed on. Shi Shaochuan’s mother isn’t too bad either. His grandmother, however, is a tough one.”

“What about Shi Shaochuan then?”

“He’s extremely popular with women, and he knows how to keep them attracted to him. On the surface, he seems like a great catch, but his true colors will show as soon as you’ve known him for long enough. He’s very flirtatious and promiscuous. A playboy, to put it simply. Well, he hates me, so I’ve seen his true colors the most. All along, we’ve been married only in name.” She continued, “I swear to God, I’m speaking the truth, every single word of it is true. You may not believe me now, but you definitely will after knowing him for a while.”

“Bullshit! You said Shaochuan was a playboy, but why wasn’t he ever intimate with you even though you two had been married for so long? Doesn’t that just show that he didn’t want to settle for less?” Jin Qingyue could not help but break into an uncontrollable rage.

An Xiaoning had expected her to react that way. Not wanting to argue with her, An Xiaoning said, “Time will tell whether I am right or not. It’s up to you to decide what to do, I’m staying out of it.”

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 12:18pm On May 14, 2023
Chapter 53: I Don’t Want to Be Tied Down by You and Our Child

“Since you believe him, then just continue dating him. I’ve already said, I won’t poke my nose into your business. It’s all written in the books of fate, you’re destined to be toyed with by him.”

“Written in fate? I refuse to buy it!” objected Jin Qingyue, adamant about the matter.

“That’s up to you.”

“You guys are always so busy, it’s rare that you’re home together. Stay for dinner,” said Mrs. Jin.

“Alright.”

At the dining table, everyone avoided the topic of fortune-telling and instead focused on discussing bearing children.

Grinning from ear to ear, the old Mrs. Jin said, “Xiaoning, hurry and bear some children while you’re still young. It doesn’t matter if it’s a boy or a girl, we will dote on them very much, as long as they’re a Jin. Besides, you’re going to have an easier time returning to your prenatal state if you give birth early.”

An Xiaoning nodded with a smile and shot Jin Qingyan a glare. She had not forgotten what he said about detesting children and not wanting them to come between him and her.

“Grandma, we’ve only just gotten married, what’s the rush? We’re not eager to have children just yet,” said Jin Qingyan in disapproval.

“Of course you’re not eager. But I am. It’s going to take a few years until your child can speak and call me ‘Great-grandma.’ You don’t have to take care of the child after he or she is born. You two are free to roam wherever you’d like. Isn’t that great?” argued the old Mrs. Jin, a frown forming on her face.

An Xiaoning had no choice but to say coaxingly, “We’ll try for it, Grandma.”

Upon hearing An Xiaoning’s words, the old Mrs. Jin beamed with joy, her initial displeasure subsiding. “Yes, yes, alright. I’ll be looking forward to good news from you two,” she said merrily.

They managed to have a peaceful meal that day.

An Xiaoning was stopped by Jin Qingyan while she was getting into her car, “You don’t actually plan to have children, do you?”

She found it rather amusing that Jin Qingyan could not tell that she was merely trying to coax the old Mrs. Jin earlier on, despite his intelligence and wit.

“Didn’t you see how eager Grandma was?”

“Haven’t I mentioned before that I don’t like kids?”

“Do you really plan not to have any in the future?” she said as soon as she saw how serious he looked.

“At least not for now.”

“Alright.” An Xiaoning opened the car door and hopped on without saying another word. She was at a loss for words.

He then stopped her from closing the door and said again, “Xiaoning, let’s discuss having kids later in the future.”

“It was just a casual comment. Can’t you tell? It’s your call whether or not we’ll have kids. How can we have children when you’re always so stringent with contraception? Don’t make it seem like I’m so desperate to bear you children. I’m still so young, I don’t actually want to be tied down by you and our child,” groused An Xiaoning, seemingly a little disgruntled.

“I was just…” said Jin Qingyan. The frown on his forehead began to disappear.

Before he could finish his sentence, she pushed him away and slammed the car door shut with all her might before driving off as quick as she could.

——

As soon as she arrived at the store, Mei Yangyang seemed to be able to tell from the expression on An Xiaoning’s face that she was in low spirits. Since there was no one else in the store, Mei Yangyang went forward and asked, “Sis, what’s the matter?”

“Yangyang, under what circumstance do you think a married man wouldn’t want to have kids?”

“In my opinion, there could be a few reasons. First, he could be financially unprepared, thus, the child may become a burden on his shoulders, and he’s planning to have one only after he’s more financially stable. Secondly, since he’s already married, it could be that he doesn’t like children and wants to be a DINK[1: DINK: acronym for “Dual Income, No Kids,” which is used to describe someone who does not wish to have children.]. Lastly, perhaps he doesn’t love his wife. Think about it, Sis, if he loved his wife dearly, why else would he not want to have children, who are supposed to be a testament and proof of their love? In a nutshell, these should be the main reasons why a man would refuse to have children.”

Mei Yangyang had hit the nail on the head, for Jin Qingyan had indeed mentioned that he didn’t like children, though An Xiaoning was convinced that it was instead because he did not want to have children with her.

Leaving Mei Yangyang to tend the store, An Xiaoning left for the shopping mall and returned with bags full of items and furniture she had needed for her house on Dongpo Road.

She laid in bed beneath the covers, with the heater in the room switched on. She had initially planned on listening to some music and take a nap, but she ended up oversleeping.

The sky had turned pitch black by the time she woke up.

She actually had such a long nap.

She checked her phone and realized she had received two missed calls from Jin Qingyan.

Since she was already going to make her way home anyway, she decided not to call him back.

Just as she was driving out of the house, she received a call from Gu Beicheng. “Where are you?” he said, sounding extremely anxious.

“What’s the matter?”

“Wherever you are, make your way here now. Grandpa is not going to make it.”

“What?! I’ll be there at once,” An Xiaoning answered hurriedly.

She sped along the roads and managed to arrive at the Gu family mansion in 10 minutes, as opposed to the usual 15-minute journey.

She quickly alighted from the car and zoomed towards the mansion.

The butler had intentionally gone outside to wait for her. An Xiaoning picked up her tracks and eventually began running.

All the members of the Gu family had gathered in the old Mr. Gu’s bedroom.

Upon the sight of An Xiaoning’s arrival, they began to part like the Red Sea, one after another, and made way for her to enter.

Walking forward, An Xiaoning noticed the paleness of the old Mr. Gu’s face and asked for his birth characters.

She then gained a clearer picture and proceeded outside the room to brief Mr. and Mrs. Gu on what they should do.

“Go and prepare a coffin right away. He’s going to pass away in seven minutes.”

Mr. Gu checked the time on his watch instinctively and ordered for someone to bring a coffin, as instructed by An Xiaoning.

“Grandpa, I’m Xiaoning,” she said after she returned to the room and sat by his bed.

With glazed eyes, he gave a nod and struggled to speak as he tried to voice his thoughts.

He kept his eyes fixed on An Xiaoning, seemingly having something to request of her.

“Grandpa, what would you like to tell me? Go ahead and say it. No worries, don’t rush it, you can tell me slowly,” An Xiaoning said gently.

“The Gu… Gu… Family…”

An Xiaoning understood right away what he wanted to say. “I’ll definitely lend a helping hand should the Gu family face any crisis or difficulty in the future, as long as it’s within my means, for they’re my maiden home from now on. Rest assured, Grandpa,” An Xiaoning reassured comfortingly.

The old Mr. Gu could finally rest in peace after having her reassurance. A single teardrop streamed down his face as he closed his eyes after thanking her. He had not made another sound since.

An Xiaoning reached out to grasp his dry and coarse hand tightly, remaining silent as time crawled by.

An Xiaoning knew at the instant she felt his once-weak grip loosen completely that he had passed on, there and then.

“Dad!”

“Dad!”

“Grandpa!”

“…”

A somber mood filled the air, as everyone in the room cried and wailed in agony.

With the exception of An Xiaoning, who remained unperturbed and stood rooted calmly, without saying a single word.

Mr. Gu immediately checked the time again. It was exactly seven minutes later, like she had mentioned.

After helping the late old Mr. Gu change into a fresh set of clothes, they lowered him into the coffin and set up an altar. Word about his death had also spread quickly to tabloids and news broadcasters.

All the members of the Gu family, apart from those who were still abroad, were present in the living room of their home at that moment.

While they began discussing the burial matters, An Xiaoning was surprised to hear that the old Mr. Gu’s death wish was to be buried next to Nun Jingxin.

In the ordinary course of events, members of wealthy families were usually subjected to the customs of being buried together with their spouses.

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by Vikksy(m): 2:04pm On May 14, 2023
Chapter 54: How Dare You

“Xiaoning, your Godmother and I have agreed to your Grandpa’s death wish before he passed on. It’s because he mentioned that your Grandma would’ve agreed to his request as well, even if she were still alive today,” said Mr. Gu.

“I’ll first have to ask for my Master’s opinion. I’ll agree to it if she does. I will be making a trip to the mountains tomorrow morning,” said An Xiaoning, sounding rather dignified.

“Alright,” agreed Mr. Gu.

“I’ll watch over Grandpa’s coffin tonight. You guys can take over tomorrow.”

“I’ll accompany you,” Gu Beicheng interjected.

“Sure, if you’d like.” Just as she finished, her ringtone began to crank loudly, “Boss, someone’s calling you again!”

Gu Beicheng’s face stiffened at the strange thought of that ringtone going off every single time he had called her.

It was a call from Jin Qingyan.

She headed outside to answer the call. Upon hearing that she was going to spend the night watching over the coffin, Jin Qingyan offered to accompany her, but he was turned down by An Xiaoning. She instead instructed him to make a trip there the day after.

Having changed into a fancy and proper attire accessorized with sparkling silver jewelry, she sat herself down onto a cushion next to Gu Beicheng in the brightly lit room while the door was left wide open.

“Have you had your dinner?” he asked.

“No.”

“Here, have this,” said Gu Beicheng as he retrieved two mixed-fruit cakes from the pocket of his suit and offered them to her.

An Xiaoning took the cakes and stuffed them into her mouth as soon as she unwrapped the packaging.

With keen, sparkling eyes, he watched as An Xiaoning hurriedly wolfed down the cakes on an empty stomach, seeming to be famished. In those moments, under the warm lighting, she looked more delicate than ever.

All of a sudden, Gu Beicheng reached his hand out to gently wipe the remaining food off her mouth with his thumb. “Would you like me to order them to fix you something to eat?”

Gesturing in disapproval, An Xiaoning rejected, “It’s fine, I’ll be full after finishing these cakes.”

Hearing the incoming footsteps, An Xiaoning quickly turned around only to see that Jin Qingyan had entered, clad in a big, black, and fur-collared coat. He stood tall before An Xiaoning and looked at her with a stern look on his face.

“Didn’t I tell you not to come?”

“Well, after all, I’m still your husband, and I ought to pay a visit since someone from your maiden family had passed away.” He glared at Gu Beicheng and said coldly, “Go home and get some rest. I’ll accompany her.”

“He’s my grandfather… It’s only right for me to watch over his coffin,” Gu Beicheng refused.

Jin Qingyan then sat next to An Xiaoning and took her hand in his in a tyrannical manner, as if proclaiming his sovereignty.

Noticing that he had acted out of the ordinary, An Xiaoning said with a mellow voice, “You’ll have to sit here for the entire night if you stay. Go home.”

“You’re my wife, how can I sleep alone in peace without you?”

His words had sounded ordinary, but An Xiaoning seemed to have deciphered it differently. Before she could speak, Gu Beicheng interrupted, “Since Brother-in-law is so filial, just let him stay.”

Jin Qingyan turned pale upon hearing Gu Beicheng address him as his ‘Brother-in-law.’ However, he could not retaliate since it was the truth, and thus, he had no choice but to suppress his anger, only managing to let out a grunt.

An Xiaoning’s purpose was not only to watch over the old Mr. Gu’s coffin but also to perform a ritual for him herself, which had to be completed that night.

As the clock struck 12 at midnight, she began performing the ritual while Gu Beicheng and Jin Qingyan kowtowed.

The ritual ended and the trio stayed up until three o’clock in the morning. By then, An Xiaoning was already exhausted and struggled to stay awake, but to no avail. She soon fell asleep on her lap after a few consecutive yawns.

Jin Qingyan embraced her in his arms while Gu Beicheng stood up to bring forth a small cushion to drape over her. It was a chilly night and Gu Beicheng was wide awake. Jin Qingyan was a little fatigued, but seeing that Gu Beicheng was still awake, he then decided not to fall asleep.

With An Xiaoning between them, they glared at each other with much animosity.

“If I see you touching my wife again with those filthy hands, you shall bear the consequences,” warned Jin Qingyan.

Gu Beicheng was unbothered by his words and went ahead to touch An Xiaoning. “So what if I did?” he taunted.

“Gu Beicheng!” yelled Jin Qingyan with immense anger.

“You don’t have to be so loud, Brother can hear you.”

“…”

Jin Qingyan could not be bothered to retaliate and cocked his head sideways instead.

“I haven’t seen you in a long while, and I’ve been dying to ask you something.” Gu Beicheng lit up a cigarette with his lighter, tilting his head to the side as a cloud of smoke wafted through his fingers. “Between Rui’er and Xiaoning, who do you want?” he continued.

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t play dumb with me, Jin Qingyan, I know how you feel about them. You’ve arranged for Chi Rui’er to put up at your mansion in Wei Ni Estate while your lawful wife lives elsewhere. Should the media find out about this juicy piece of news, I really wonder what they would write about it. Let’s hope you don’t suffer a double loss,” scoffed Gu Beicheng.

“Stay out of my business. You don’t have the right to tell me what to do anyway,” Jin Qingyan said coldly.

“Indeed, I can’t be bothered with your business. But for hers… there’s no way I’m staying out of it,” he said while pointing at An Xiaoning.

“Do as you please.”

The initially exhausted An Xiaoning was disturbed and woken up by their loud bickering. Thus, she had overheard every single word of their conversation. Though she had always been unfeeling towards Gu Beicheng, she suddenly began to think at that very moment that it was not that bad of an idea after all to have a Godbrother.

The two loggerheads remained seated while staring at each other fervently, all the way until daybreak. Once morning arrived, Jin Qingyan accompanied An Xiaoning to the mountains, despite his overwhelming fatigue.

He watched as An Xiaoning stood before a grave and related the old Mr. Gu’s death wish, then patiently waited for her Master’s response.

“Master, please give me a sign, if you agree. If you don’t, then refrain from doing so. I’ll understand it.”

As soon as she ended her sentence, a sudden gust of wind began to blow towards them, raking up the yellow leaves and twigs on the ground. Jin Qingyan remained in a state of reverence while An Xiaoning introduced him as her husband, after which he took three respectful bows.

On the way back, An Xiaoning gave Mr. Gu a call to inform him that they could bury the old Mr. Gu together with Nun Jingxin. She then headed home to get some rest and catch up on sleep, together with Jin Qingyan.

Facing each other, they could feel one another’s breaths intensely.

“Jin Qingyan, I have a feeling that our marriage is going to be over soon,” said An Xiaoning with her eyes closed.

“I’ll never initiate a divorce with you.”

“Don’t test my patience or force me to the end of my wits,” said An Xiaoning, smiling.

He bit her lips all of a sudden, causing her to wince in pain. He then kissed her with a burning passion before she could even speak. Panting, An Xiaoning hissed as she pushed him aside, “Why did you bite me? Are you a dog!?!”

With a cold look in his eyes, he said, “Finish what you were saying earlier.”

He seemed to be giving her a warning. They both knew her previous words were unfinished.

“Jin Qingyan, I repeat, do not force me to the end of my wits. Otherwise, I’ll end things between us immediately and free myself from this marriage.”

“Say it,” he insisted.

Blinking her eyes, An Xiaoning feigned ignorance, “Say what? What did I say earlier? I don’t remember at all.”

“…”

“I’m exhausted, I’m going to sleep.”

“How dare you.”

“You don’t wish to sleep, and you’re not letting me go to sleep either. What do you want to do?” cooed An Xiaoning, who began to behave coquettishly.

The initial stiffness of his face faded into a smile as he answered, “You.”

“You want to?”

“Yes.”

“Get lost…”

TBC...
Re: The Wealthy Psychic Lady: 99 Stolen Kisses (HOT) by ztkeeva355: 10:18pm On May 18, 2023
Yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* / How Someone Can Improve His English Language / My Husband(a Poem) Dedicated To Flakkydagirl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 478
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.