Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) (765 Views)

Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year One (By Kayode Odusanya) / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2023
This is a flash fiction story...I just decided to write a quick, short story as it has been a while I've dropped any new stories here.

This is a flash fiction story; meaning, it is a very very short story...just a thousand words.

3 Likes

Re: Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2023
The rain had come down to a drizzly by the time they stopped at the estate gate. He dropped from the bike, and reached in his back jeans pocket for his wallet. "You're sure this is the place?" He asked the bike man as his eyes went back and forth between his wallet and the humongous black gate in front of him. Everywhere was dark, and the security post looked deserted.

"Oga, na Kolapo estate be this." The young Okada rider said as he collected the money from Femi and put it in his pocket. He pulled the hood of his raincoat tighter over his head before zooming off, leaving Femi alone on the lonely road.

He had a gut feeling something was off, but what was waiting for him on the other side was worth the risk. Even though he hadn't seen her picture, she had told him her body was fascinating. He smiled just thinking of that as he walked through the pedestrian pathway of the estate entrance.

There were no cars in sight, and the houses to the left and right of him had no power. It felt like he was walking through Elm Street. His heart skipped a beat when his phone started ringing. He pulled it out his jeans pocket; an old Nokia phone. It was his secret phone; his wife didn't even know about it. Rain drops constantly falling on the small screen of the phone made it hard to see who was calling. He wiped off the moist on the screen, and then picked up when he saw it was Helen calling.

"Hello..."
"Hey, where are you?" She asked in a worried tone. Her voice was like soothing melted chocolate.
"I just walked through your estate gate."
"Oh, okay. My house is the third one on the left, a white building; I already told the gateman I'm expecting someone."
"Okay."
"Hurry up; I have a surprise for you." She said before hanging up. Femi smiled at the thought of that as he put his phone back in his pocket. Tonight is going to be a great night, he thought to himself.

The house wasn't that had to find. It was the only white painted building on the street. Indian music was coming from the gateman's post, and there was lantern light illuminating the small room. He didn't know whether to knock on the window or press the bell on the gate, right next to the security building. Just then, a head popped up by the window. The old man looked at Femi startled for a second before Femi said, "well done. I wan see Helen."
"Okay." The man said and disappeared. A few seconds later, he opened the gate and let Femi in. When he realized Femi had never been to the house before, he said, "she dey for up."
"Okay. Thank you."

As femi climbed up the stairs on the side of the building, he looked around the compound and wondered why the whole place was so dark. He expected at least someone to have a generator on.

At the end of the flight of stairs was a corridor to the right that led straight to a door. It was a red door and wasn't hard to see in the dark. About ten steps later, he was in front of the door. He took a deep breath before knocking. As the door swung open, Helen stood there with hands at akimbo. She had her TV on in the background, and the light from that gave him enough illumination to see the outline of her body; she had nothing on. He stood there, just taking in her body for a minute till she giggled and pulled him into her apartment.

Without any words spoken, she pushed him on the couch behind him. Helen didn't waste any time getting on top of him. He looked up at her smiling before saying, “I love this.” She packed her hair to the back properly before leaning in to kiss him. The click of a gun brought him back to reality. He opened his eyes and standing in front of them was a bald headed man in all black, pointing a stainless steel revolver at him. The man had a sinister smile on his face and Femi's heartbeat quickened.

"What the hell Steven, you were meant to wait till he were done before coming out. That always makes the work easier" Helen said as she slowly got off Femi's body.

"Sorry dear, I'm a little edgy tonight" He said as he smacked her butt when she walked past him into the darkness. "So..." He started saying, and stopped to laugh a little before adding, "I bet you thought you were gonna have a great time tonight." He continued to laugh as Femi's mind raced. He didn't know if this was a robbery, or if they were going to kidnap him and demand money from his wife. His brain was working at a fast pace, thinking of how either of those scenarios would play out. And then when he saw the man look back for a second to say something to Helen, he leaped forward, and went for the gun. Femi brought the man to the ground, and after a few seconds of struggle, a loud shot rang off.

He felt numb, but there was no pain. Is this the end, he was thinking, and then a familiar voice called out his name. Everywhere went dark, and the voice came again, "Femi...Femi... Femi, wake up." As his eyes slowly opened, he saw his wife, Isioma looking down at him worried. She adjusted the strap of the pink, silk nightgown she had on before saying, "You were saying a lot of gibberish, were you dreaming?" He sat up on the couch, and looked at her for a while before hugging her. "What's...what's wrong with you?" She said between laughs. The dream had appeared so real to him that he couldn't believe it was just a dream.

When he pulled away from her, he looked in her eyes for a long time before kissing her. She pulled away after a few seconds to say, “Wait, are you no longer going to Kolapo estate?”

“What?” He looked at her shocked.

“Before you dozed off on the couch, you were telling me how you had to go to Kolapo estate to check out a property.”

"Oh…Umm... I’m…I’m not going anywhere again tonight."

The End

7 Likes

Re: Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by Hpesoj: 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2023
Nice

The part Femi said "…I’m not going anywhere again tonight." cracked me up. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by sweetonugbu: 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
Awesome as usual.

1 Like

Re: Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:51am On Apr 03, 2023
Hpesoj:
Nice

The part Femi said "…I’m not going
anywhere again tonight." cracked me up.
cheesy

grin
Re: Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2023
Dem shoot baba for dream....e say e no dey go anywhere again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:33pm On Apr 03, 2023
OlufemiWhit:
Dem shoot baba for dream....e say e no dey go anywhere again grin grin grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by dammyd46(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2023
King of stories. 🙌

2 Likes

Re: Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:23am On Apr 09, 2023
dammyd46:
King of stories. 🙌

Thanks for the compliment smiley
Re: Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:26am On Apr 09, 2023
For people that are just discovering me, you can read some of my other stories...

*A Night with Anna (https://www.nairaland.com/6776501/night-anna-short-romance-story)

*The Midnight Encounter (https://www.nairaland.com/4470765/midnight-encounter-short-crime-story)

*Magical Attraction (https://www.nairaland.com/4855924/magical-attraction-romance-suspense-novelette)

1 Like

Re: Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:49am On Apr 17, 2023
You can start reading my new story here - One is Sure ( https://www.nairaland.com/7646359/one-thing-sure-kayode-odusanya )

(1) (Reply)

Grab This Prolific Writer Now! / I Thought John Grisham Was Too Much, I've Seen Another / How To Get Your First Movie Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.