Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate (1219 Views)

Isaac Fayose To Atiku: You Think Wike Is Not Important, You'll Be Disgraced 2023 / Why I Didn’t Choose A Christian Running Mate – Tinubu / Tony Oneweek: "Why Didn't Police Investigate E-Money's Poverty?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by megacity: 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
To all the hypocrites out there screaming on the obviously poorly doctored so called Conversation between Obi and the Great Bishop

An All Muslim Ticket which excludes over 100 million Nigerian Christians is a far greater evil that merely calling a Pastor for endorsement or to assist with campaign

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
APC is a desperate party of criminals and they will do anything for power. Thank God the judiciary is more powerful than them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by magoo10(m): 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
The major players in the world rejected tinubu calling his ticket a religious bigotry and instead of correcting their mistakes they want to make it look like Peter Obi is the religious bigot .
They obviously failed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by jumobi1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2023
Hopefully to get votes in the NE & NW
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by megacity: 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2023
jumobi1:
Hopefully to get votes in the NE & NW

So who is the religious bigot now?

5 Likes

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Dindondin(m): 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2023
megacity:
To all the hypocrites out there screaming on the obviously poorly doctored so called Conversation between Obi and the Great Bishop

An All Muslim Ticket which excludes over 100 million Nigerian Christians is a far greater evil that merely calling a Pastor for endorsement or to assist with campaign
Firstly, I m a Christian who's here to talk unbiased.
Politics is different from religion.
Tinubu choose Shettima, Obi should have chosen a stronger Christian to equalize that you don't have monopoly of religion. Maybe he should have tested his popularity. Instead of lamenting, Obi should work on choosing a formidable vice irrespective of religion or tribe instead of an unknown cry baby Datti.
All Obi supporters should become Obidients and grow sense of politics instead of crying victims. Tinubu started his campaign as far back as 2007. He has always backed candidates in the past that didn't win. From Atiku to Ribadu and until he aligned with Buhari. He consolidated on Buhari's win to win his own turn.
Let Obi or others consolidate on their loss.
All I m saying here are having more meanings now when some Obidióts have become Obidients by reslising the reality and calculations of politics. Never drag in religion hence they insult your pastors or alfas. Those pastors that brought Obi to their churches are probably regretting that they should have acted in more discreet manner. The jihadists saw that lacuna and used the opportunity to bash Christians. Whereas, there are many alfas that preached rubbish about Christianity and Obi. So it's about playing your games well.
Obi or any Christian candidate in future would learn.
I dislike wailing!

Tinubuderanged:
if you are a Christian tell where the name Christian was first pronounced and what is the meaning.
At Antioch, Christian meant Christ like.
Acts of Apostles 11:26. Barnabas was gisting with Paul. The people saw their acts similar to that of Jesus and called them Christ like.

Now what you asked me could have been answered by the most wicked jihadists or the most rude atheist cos the answers are there on Google. The same with any question from the Koran.
If you wanna know if I m a Christian, check my old posts. At least you ll see where I v defended the faith. The same with who's a Muslim, Traditionalist or Atheist.

Back to the issue, Christians need proper planning from the closet. Not the lousy ones you ll do that your opponents has seen where you ll land.
This is what Obi was guilty of. But since some Obidióts can't cope with identifying Obi's faults, we ll be neutral and wait for them to call when they are ready to play politics of no vendetta and tribalism. Cos all that's done in LP is like they really turned the party to Igbo version.
Anyone with counter statement should come and dispute it. The earlier the better Igbos see Yorubas as their partner in progress and not opponents the better. Obi should not make the mistakes of Azikiwe how he antagonized Awolowo. Igbos too should stop blaming Yorubas for their woes as if it's Yorubas that told Nzeogwu to start first coup, told Ojukwu to declare Biafra war or responsible for herdsmen killings etc.
If Igbos want presidency, it's so easy. They should align in truth with the Yorubas. Any signal of betrayal ll be detected and severed for life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by SucroseDeport: 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2023
I don't know.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Inteltower: 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
Dindondin:
Tinubu choose Shettima, Obi should have chosen a stringer Christian to equalize that you don't have monopoly of religion. Maybe he should have tested his popularity. Instead of lamenting, Obi should work on choosing a formidable vice irrespective of religion or tribe instead of an unknown cry baby Datti.
All Obi supporters should become Obidients and grow sense of politics instead of crying victims. Tinubu started his campaign as far back as 2007. He has always backed candidates in the past that didn't win. From Atiku to Ribadu and until he aligned with Buhari. He consolidated on Buhari's win to win his own turn.
I dislike wailing!

would you shut the heck up

you should also tell tinubu to make all his appointments yoruba/muslim since there is nothing there
assistant adviser if peter obi was the president maybe you would be advising him too to appoint all in his cabinet christian

i wonder how u guys reason self

3 Likes

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by BuhariAdvocate: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Because religion doesn't matter ni.
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by dinachi(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
megacity:

Don't mind them. When I see so called Christians supporting Tinubu, I see prodigal Christians. Idiots.

2 Likes

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by blacknp(m): 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
megacity:

Only Religious Hypocrites will pay any heed to any Muslim Muslim ticket.

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Igboland: 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
In essence you agreed that Peter Peter Obi failed to take advantage even when he visited all sort of churches be it white garment yellow n even red garment looking for christian vote.

Shame no de catch shameless n foolish igbo like this OP. I am waiting for you to claim you are not Igbo n you are from hellfire.

megacity:

2 Likes

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by blacknp(m): 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2023
dinachi:

Don't mind them. When I see so called Christians supporting Tinubu, I see prodigal Christians. Idiots.
Very hypocritical words.
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by naptu2: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
naptu2:
The very funny thing about this thread is that the question answers itself. The answer to the question is already in the title of the thread. The title is:

If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate
https://www.nairaland.com/7637872/religion-not-important-why-didnt

The answer is because religion is not important. Since religion is not important, why would he have to choose a Christian running mate??

4 Likes

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by jumobi1(m): 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2023
megacity:

So who is the religious bigot now?

Not sure how that makes him a bigot. He probably felt a Northen Muslim candidate would get him more votes so he went with that. That’s just the reality of politics in the North. He did what he felt he had to do. It was a gamble.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by jumobi1(m): 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2023
Religion is important in Nigerian politics…but it shouldn’t be.
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Dindondin(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2023
Inteltower:

would you shut the heck up

you should also tell tinubu to make all his appointments yoruba/muslim since there is nothing there
assistant adviser if peter obi was the president maybe you would be advising him too to appoint all in his cabinet christian

i wonder how u guys reason self

You are the one that amazed me with your reasoning.
You and others cry Muslim Muslim as if someone cursed toy not to use Christian Christian. Tinubu proved he's more calculative than all of you. Instead of blaming your brains for being politically daft, you are here screaming shut up as if I m your houseboy. You don't even know if I can employ you or feed you and your lineage.

I m throwing carrot to you again.

Work on alliance that's formidable. Stop wailing. Respect Tinubu's acumen and possibly learn from him.
Lastly, Tinubu didn't win with Muslim Muslim ticket but a combination of not just Muslims but Christian votes. The huge votes he got in southwest aren't Muslims alone. In fact, more were from Christians.
Obi too got votes from Muslims so what's the fuss?
You and other minions just wanna lament till 2031 and I ll be glad to see your tears online for relief!
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by JOemmy(m): 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2023
The apc are the greatest hypocrites how can a party that killed thausands christains in its first 4yrs in power and now presented a mu mu ticket have the guts to accuse peter obi calling for religious war in nigeria? Buhari said far worse while campaigning when he boasted that he will implement sharia law all over nigeria if he wins.

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by DMerciful(m): 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2023
You're not a Christian, because the bible talked of people suffering from lack of knowledge.
Obi won and it'll be proven in court
Dindondin:
Tinubu choose Shettima, Obi should have chosen a stronger Christian to equalize that you don't have monopoly of religion. Maybe he should have tested his popularity. Instead of lamenting, Obi should work on choosing a formidable vice irrespective of religion or tribe instead of an unknown cry baby Datti.
All I m saying here are having more meanings now when some Obidióts have become Obidients by reslising the reality and calculations of politics. Never drag in religion hence they insult your pastors or alfas. Those pastors that brought Obi to their churches are probably regretting that they should have acted in more discreet manner. The jihadists saw that lacuna and used the opportunity to bash Christians. Whereas, there are many alfas that preached rubbish about Christianity and Obi. So it's about playing your games well.
I dislike wailing!

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2023
cheesy

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Christistruth03: 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2023
Agreed

But he is still better than the Patron of Ipob Terrorists

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by MountHoreb: 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
They just released the doctored audio to shift attention from the court cases, Tinubu drug cases etc. We know APC very well.

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Dindondin(m): 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2023
DMerciful:
You're not a Christian, because the bible talked of people suffering from lack of knowledge.
Obi won and it'll be proven in court
Imagine you questioning my faith despite explaining clearly what intellects should do?
Who are those suffering for lack of knowledge?
Is it not people like you that practice vendetta politics. Haven't you heard of the African proverb that said the gentility of the tiger isn't cos it's a coward?
Plan well in your closet. Strategize, align with regions. Igbos need southwest just like southwest needs Igbos.
Parading churches publicly is opening eyes of jihadists to propaganda points. I explained it earlier.
Lastly, even if it's politics of religion. There's no unity. Muslims voted Obi, Christians voted Tinubu. It's not as if one religion voted over the other.
Have you wondered why some crusades failed?
I m taking about the crusaders of the medieval period. Maybe you should go to YouTube and watch the videos or you google it. Cos there's no unity. Unity is needed for any party to thrive. Hope you v learned!
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by MikeofAfrica: 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2023
Dindondin:
I dislike wailing!

The problem is that people like you are timid and naive.

What is wrong in Peter Obi asking Bishop Oyedepo to help him mobilize the support of Christian voters?

Did Tinubu not persuade the Sultan of Sikoto to endorse him when he visited Sokoto. He even told the Sultan that it will be an insult to Buhari if the Sultan fails to endorse him.

Is El- Rufai not an Islamic scholar ? Is he not actively involve in the politics of APC. Is Osibanjo not the Assistant General Overseer of RCCG. Is he not a stakeholder in APC.

If Peter Obi has been timid like you, he would not get more than 2 million votes in the last election. When your opponents decides to fight dirty , you reciprocate by also fighting dirty. That is the rule of politics.

3 Likes

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by DMerciful(m): 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2023
Obi won this election and it will be proven in courts. Thats what we're focused on! A logical person would asked why the IREV was shutdown for only presidential results upload while NASS election that occured same time went smoothly.

The reason is so that collation will be manually done without ability to crosscheck bogus numbers with IREV. Currently on UREV, Obi won Rivers and Benue which would make Obi's state win 14 yet Tinubu was quickly declared before doctored results were partially uploaded.

Its this docility of so-called Christians that made Turkey and Egypt which were Christian countries initially now Islamic countries
Dindondin:

Imagine you questioning my faith despite explaining clearly what intellects should do?
Who are those suffering for lack of knowledge?
Is it not people like you that practice vendetta politics. Haven't you heard of the African proverb that said the gentility of the tiger isn't cos it's a coward?
Plan well in your closet. Strategize, align with regions. Igbos need southwest just like southwest needs Igbos.
Parading churches publicly is opening eyes of jihadists to propaganda points. I explained it earlier.
Lastly, even if it's politics of religion. There's no unity. Muslims voted Obi, Christians voted Tinubu. It's not as if one religion voted over the other.
Have you wondered why some crusades failed?
I m taking about the crusaders of the medieval period. Maybe you should go to YouTube and watch the videos or you google it. Cos there's no unity. Unity is needed for any party to thrive. Hope you v learned!

2 Likes

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Tinubuderanged: 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2023
Dindondin:
I dislike wailing!
gerrout. They asked you a simple question and you are blabbing.
You are not a Christian you are among those backstabbers who goes to church. Judas was calling himself disciple but everybody knows that he was never a disciple.

2 Likes

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by sotall(m): 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2023
Its either Tinubu is a religious bigot or the political heavyweight in APC are religious bigot.

Either of the two, one is true.

Since 2015 till now, have you seen the way Muslims have dominated Nigeria's political leadership. Even to the extent at a time, all service chiefs appointed by Buhari were Muslims only.

Infact as at that time, even chief justice was muslim, senate president muslim, speaker house of reps was muslim. Even the minister of justice and chief justice were Muslims.

Is this just a coincidence that this happened and fast forward to 2023, we are having a muslim muslim administration?

Something is cooking seriously behind the curtains. Those who have brains knows this.

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Dindondin(m): 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
DMerciful:
Obi won this election and it will be proven in courts. Thats what we're focused on! A logical person would asked why the IREV was shutdown for only presidential results upload while NASS election that occured same time went smoothly.

The reason is so that collation will be manually done without ability to crosscheck bogus numbers with IREV. Currently on UREV, Obi won Rivers and Benue which would make Obi's state win 14 yet Tinubu was quickly declared before doctored results were partially uploaded.

Its this docility of so-called Christians that made Turkey and Egypt which were Christian countries initially now Islamic countries
Then it should v been go to court and not be speaking incitements like that mumu fake Eze of Ajao Estate. IREV portal issues ll be dealt with in court.
As for Turkey and Egypt Christians, it's the lacuna of infighting that ruined them.
I just addressed it. That's why Igbos shouldn't be fighting Yorubas cos they are both southerners, brothers. The main enemy is the north. If Tinubu's a northerner, I ll say Igbos are fighting northern dominance. But I was shocked when some of them said they preferred Atiku. So what kinda Christians or southerner are they?
Support Tinubu a southerner today to show maturity and Yorubas ll definitely support Igbos in future. Antagonizing Tinubu is antagonizing Yorubas or Southern presidency.
At times, we may wish to eat jollof rice and see garri. Manage the garri till you get jollof. Throw it away and starve. Some starvation leads to desperation or death.
Be wise!

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Dindondin(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
Tinubuderanged:
gerrout. They asked you a simple question and you are blabbing.
You are not a Christian you are among those backstabbers who goes to church. Judas was calling himself disciple but everybody knows that he was never a disciple.
I m a genuine Christian. My points ll become reality in few days. You are a bot planted here for confusion. Get out!
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by DMerciful(m): 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
If you choose to worship Tinubu who rigged the election in cohort with INEC, don't expect Igbos to do same, its idolatry!

Obi will be sworn in eventually, save this post!
Dindondin:

Then it should v been go to court and not be speaking incitements like that mumu fake Eze of Ajao Estate. IREV portal issues ll be dealt with in court.
As for Turkey and Egypt Christians, it's the lacuna of infighting that ruined them.
I just addressed it. That's why Igbos shouldn't be fighting Yorubas cos they are both southerners, brothers. The man enemy is the north. If Tinubu's a northerner, I ll say Igbos are fighting northern dominance. But I was shocked when some of them said they preferred Atiku. So what kinda Christians or southerner are they?
Support Tinubu a southerner today to show maturity and Yorubas ll definitely support Igbos in future. Antagonizing Tinubu is antagonizing Yorubas or Southern presidency.
At times, we may wish to eat jollof rice and see garri. Manage the garri till you get jollof. Throw it away and starve. Some starvation leads to desperation or death.
Be wise!

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Tinubuderanged: 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
Dindondin:

I m a genuine Christian. My points ll become reality in few days. You are a bot planted here for confusion. Get out!
if you are a Christian tell where the name Christian was first pronounced and what is the meaning.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only God Can Anoint A King, Abure Has Conceded Defeat’ – Labour Party Announced / Peter Obi Supporters Protest Because Army Kill Unknown gunmen PICS / REVEALED: Why Atiku Vowed To Remove Tinubu From Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.