Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate (1218 Views)

Isaac Fayose To Atiku: You Think Wike Is Not Important, You'll Be Disgraced 2023 / Why I Didn’t Choose A Christian Running Mate – Tinubu / Tony Oneweek: "Why Didn't Police Investigate E-Money's Poverty?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Nato008(m): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
SucroseDeport:
There is no Christian heavyweight politician in the NW/NE to flank Tinubu.

Former speaker of the house, Yakubu Dogara is a Christian, but a featherweight politician.

Politics is a game!
U see how u say politics is a game the play for there personal interest not ours or the nation because if u have our interest at heart u would know the country is dividend along religious lines and Try to bridge that gap but nah....is all about power....we the masses are just left on our own
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by orisa37: 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2023
TINUBU IS EXPERIMENTING. LET HIM LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES.
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Dindondin(m): 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2023
DMerciful:
If you choose to worship Tinubu who rigged the election in cohort with INEC, don't expect Igbos to do same, its idolatry!

Obi will be sworn in eventually, save this post!
I m not worshipping Tinubu but using wisdom by respecting the laws of the land. I ll rather have party that's formidable irrespective of religion than to be roaming churches using my post to influence votes when my conducts can convince Muslims, atheists etc to vote me without minding that am a Christian.
I ll never have a party who's candidate is denying his roots yet banking on voters who are rude to his own people and those voters become unruly to their hosts. We saw all they post on social media, what they discuss at markets etc. And out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.
Sense is needed for some of you. You own Christians don't forgive nor forget but blame others for your self inflicted injuries just like some Igbos hated Awolowo for civil war loss.
I v saved your post. Obi won't win. You can go on dry fasting. Na your types be SU wey dey reject blood transfusion but expect miracles for illness. You need educative salvation.
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by DMerciful(m): 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
Stop with this bullshit, Obi is as clean as a whistle and not responsible for the behaviors of Nigerians.

If you have no dent on Obi, move on. This is my last response to you.
Dindondin:

I m not worshipping Tinubu but using wisdom by respecting the laws of the land. I ll rather have party that's formidable irrespective of religion than to be roaming churches using my post to influence votes when my conducts can convince Muslims, atheists etc to vote me without minding that am a Christian.
I ll never have a party who's candidate is denying his roots yet banking on voters who are rude to his own people and those voters become unruly to their hosts. We saw all they post on social media, what they discuss at markets etc. And out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.
Sense is needed for some of you. You own Christians don't forgive nor forget but blame others for your self inflicted injuries just like some Igbos hated Awolowo for civil war loss.
I v saved your post. Obi won't win. You can go on dry fasting. Na your types be SU wey dey reject blood transfusion but expect miracles for illness. You need educative salvation.
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by TrueNigerian300: 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2023
What you fail to understand is that politics is all about numbers and not emotion. If the people Tinunu loves the most are christians - wife and children. Then it means he has nothing against christians.

Demographically, Tinubu is a southern muslim and muslims are minority in the south and christians are minority in the north.If he had chosen a nothern christians the ticket becomes two minorities. How can two minorities win against two majorities of the opposing parties - Muslim-Christian tickets

Nigerian elections is 60% driven by religion and ethinicity and the best choice for him is to pick a muslim northern. It is about religion politically but numbers.

Politicians dont care religion but votes. The wise will understand this the very unwise ones will keep shouting muslim-muslim ticket.

1 Like

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Dindondin(m): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
DMerciful:
Stop with this bullshit, Obi is as clean as a whistle and not responsible for the behaviors of Nigerians.

If you have no dent on Obi, move on. This is my last response to you.
From your signature, it says only the unity if Yorubas and Igbos can save Nigeria.
I m a Yorubaman. Ask me if I blv what you wrote and I ll tell you I do. Ask if I m ready for unification and I ll tell you I m ready.
But I can't say so for Igbos or you that appeared to be an Igbo. Una get agidi, strong head gburugburu nzogbu-nzogbu politics. That should be removed via deliverance services. 😂

Jokes apart, I m also Obidient. I mean I blv in a new Nigeria. I supported the good part of APC cos I can't lie that they are completely the best. Morseso, I dislike the Obidiót part of Obidients. Those that incite like that flat headed fake Eze of Ajao Estate or Iwuanyanwu. Nevertheless, hatchet 🪓 can be buried. It's time to stick together or depart for life!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Ogene001: 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
Obi must destroy the jihardist agenda
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Obagreatdatoye(m): 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

The problem is that people like you are timid and naive.

What is wrong in Peter Obi asking Bishop Oyedepo to help him mobilize the support of Christian voters?

Did Tinubu not persuade the Sultan of Sikoto to endorse him when he visited Sokoto. He even told the Sultan that it will be an insult to Buhari if the Sultan fails to endorse him.

Is El- Rufai not an Islamic scholar ? Is he not actively involve in the politics of APC. Is Osibanjo not the Assistant General Overseer of RCCG. Is he not a stakeholder in APC.

If Peter Obi has been timid like you, he would not get more than 2 million votes in the last election. When your opponents decides to fight dirty , you reciprocate by also fighting dirty. That is the rule of politics.

Guy you are so intelligent
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by megacity: 12:09am On Apr 03, 2023
jumobi1:

Not sure how that makes him a bigot. He probably felt a Northen Muslim candidate would get him more votes so he went with that. That’s just the reality of politics in the North. He did what he felt he had to do. It was a gamble.

Just my opinion.

So Obi was likewise also entitled to try to get Christian votes
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by SHINJA: 12:22am On Apr 03, 2023
Am just speechless.....

Our own enemies are our own Christians.....
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by megacity: 5:09am On Apr 03, 2023
SHINJA:
Am just speechless.....

Our own enemies are our own Christians.....
Sadly unfortunate
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by WesternPanzer: 6:30am On Apr 03, 2023
Seun Lalasticlala. This conversation needs a wider audience.

The traffic is much.
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by OgaSeun: 6:46am On Apr 03, 2023
Religion is not important that's why he didn't choose Christian.
Re: If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate by Eniitankorede: 7:51am On Apr 03, 2023
Completely rubbish and senseless question. Tinubu chose Shetima based on competence and political expedience. He did not consider religion. Otherwise he would have chosen a Christian as vice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Please Take A Look At The Person Whom You Call President / Peter Obi Supporters Protest Because Army Kill Unknown gunmen PICS / President Tinubu Greatest Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.