Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc (27801 Views)

Payday: Nigerian Favour Ori Breaks Record In Rwanda / Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa / 5 Under 30 Youngest Successful Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by IbileIfe: 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
Congratulations!
Big news.

PayDay will join the Unicorns soon.
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by vincentbravo(m): 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
PayDay is dead. Media rekindle.. but reality PayDay is gone.
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by obyno82: 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2023
ASAPFERG1:
God bless only yorubas in this country cool

It just takes one stupid guy to bring tribal coloration to this nice topic. Forgetting that Carbon, Sparkle and Appzone are run by non-yorubas in the Fintech sector. Keep on being stupid.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by AllDModsAreMaad: 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
Stablefollowers:

Payday is a bustard amateur company. Belive all this 3million dollars stunt at your own peril they don't even have 500k dollars on their system for customers to use.

They would wait on customers to deposit then delay them for 7 days to buy dollars then they would start working again

They keep advertising this rubbish services to lure my souls

Pay day is not worth it
Pay day is a scam
Payday is dubious .

Go to a uba branch and get a uba prepaid card
Visit the nearest malam.and get dollars and deposit inside and save your self the stress

This is the most expensive advice you would get this year.

Mu mu man, I know you're a uba market.

My mind is telling me your name is Isaac.
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by Bankowner: 11:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
A fintech company telling me to smile like Portable and using words like zazzuu and pidgin english while I'm signing up wants me to take them seriously.

Naaaah!!!

I ain't falling for that shit.
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by davillian(m): 11:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
abhosts:
Payday is a very useless and unethical company. Patronize them at your own risk.

I Funded my Dollar Virtual card with them but all payment transactions were declined with 'Insufficient Funds' response, despite have more that enough balance. So I asked them to refund my money but they started dribbling me and playing dumb. I was shocked when I visited their Twitter page to find out lots of their customers where facing same problem and being ignored by useless Payday support.
Sorry but I see business here
Anyone who can solve the problems you had with them would make lots of money grin
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by seanwilliam(m): 1:44am On Apr 03, 2023
abhosts:
Payday is a very useless and unethical company. Patronize them at your own risk.

I Funded my Dollar Virtual card with them but all payment transactions were declined with 'Insufficient Funds' response, despite have more that enough balance. So I asked them to refund my money but they started dribbling me and playing dumb. I was shocked when I visited their Twitter page to find out lots of their customers where facing same problem and being ignored by useless Payday support.

Did you transfer the money to your usd card? It happened to me when I wanted to make payment online , this went on for days until I discovered that . I moved the money to my virtual card and the transaction later went through . Note that swapping to usd is different from card top up o.
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by FiremanX: 2:04am On Apr 03, 2023
abhosts:

Omo they will collapse with issues like this 😣
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by fashrola(m): 3:30am On Apr 03, 2023
MuslimIgbo:
FLUTTER WAVES GLORY DAYS ARE OVER cry cry
cry

How? Payday is using flutterwave platform for their transactions
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by Yoighaman(m): 5:50am On Apr 03, 2023
devilmaycry:
I didn't read..but damn!!! That's nice

Readers are leaders, please always read wink
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by drealcivilceno(m): 5:54am On Apr 03, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:

Exactly!
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by Kayyus09(m): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2023
Go get more...

Contact me for Graphic design, wp Web Design, Doc editing, typesetting... at low cost.

Also CAC Business Registration (Pre & Post), NAFDAC, DPR Permit, Trademark, Copyright, Patent, export license; we handle all with professionalism.
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by Alabaintprice(m): 7:58am On Apr 03, 2023
abhosts:

Payday works perfectly fine. The only thing you can say is not been able to withdraw your money when you put it in the virtual card.
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by y3mi(m): 1:16am On Apr 04, 2023
obi4eze:
VC is good but has its disadvantages.

I’m sorry to bother you but can you please be kind enough to itemize and elucidate on these disadvantages. I really need to know. Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by y3mi(m): 2:56am On Apr 04, 2023
shegzhkn:
Is it safe to say to kill the tech ecosystem in Nigeria you just make Stripe available there & PayPal fully functional & then get rid of the petty financial policies and it game over ??
Unless you don’t mind clarifying better, I would not think the second largest fintech powerhouse in the USA would want to be readily available in Nigeria when they already own PayStack so to speak, as for PayPal, we (the legit innocent) are still feeling the whiplash from their decision to have Nigeria expunged from their list of available countries, a prolonged the whiplash from years of abuse of their service from Nigerian yawoo boys in the early 2000 to late 2000s. No thanks to First Bank who brought them back in, but with limited feature where we can only pay out and not still able to receive funds. I don’t see PayPal revoking that anytime soon.
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by y3mi(m): 2:57am On Apr 04, 2023
Akanoaaa:
I still prefer Wirepay anytime any day
Never heard of them, are doing anything differently?
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by y3mi(m): 3:22am On Apr 04, 2023
DissTroy:
This is good. I'm happy for them. But the real question for those of us with interests in tech VC is, at what equity are these funding rounds converted to?

Y Combinator exchanges $500,000 (+ addons) for 7% equity.
They raised $1.5 million earlier on. Now they raised $3 million.

How much equity have they let go? With that many rounds ( which is still low-bar) and VCs, what's the controlling stake for the founders?

Now the last part is what worries me. if only tech bootstrapping were easy...
Many a times I’ve ponder - What’s really the catch to all the VCs and Angel Investors. Thanks for underlining what should be of concerns to the founders with potential business idea and model with innovative core, can we have a thread where we can discuss this more at length ?
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by y3mi(m): 3:32am On Apr 04, 2023
jaxxy:
Nice bt these start ups are all doing same thing and never as efficient as expected.
You can say that again.
Your response is quite similar to what I was stating to Pocohantas Here
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by DissTroy(m): 7:35am On Apr 04, 2023
y3mi:

You can say that again.
Your response is quite similar to what I was stating to Pocohantas Here
Most fintechs are essentially just paytechs. Financial technology goes beyond payments systems. The market is almost oversaturated as the customer base already have enough options to choose from.

The reason most fintechs focus on just paytechs is they want to raise VC quickly. Paytechs have higher transaction volumes which you can use as POC then added to a pitch, investors would open their purses in a shot while.

See Okra.ng ? It's barely known except by entrepreneurial developers but what's it's doing is core fintech. There's more but the VC ecosystem in Nigeria and Africa is dominated by the early starters who are just paytechs - founders of Flutterwave, PayStack etc.

y3mi:

Many a times I’ve ponder - What’s really the catch to all the VCs and Angel Investors. Thanks for underlining what should be of concerns to the founders with potential business idea and model with innovative core, can we have a thread where we can discuss this more at length ?
Maybe. But I had a lengthy and extensive discussion with other programmers and/or tech founders about it in February on this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/7567838/what-happened-andela-nigeria#120922699

4 pages of it all.
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by Themandator: 5:57am On Dec 18, 2023
abhosts:

Thank God I read through the comments and yours was on front page.

I no do again!
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by Themandator: 5:59am On Dec 18, 2023
EmahBoss:
How long does it take to get a dollar account.... I have applied for over a week now no response

Hope you have read the comment above yours
Re: Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc by densiks: 11:37am On Dec 21, 2023
Themandator:

Thank God I read through the comments and yours was on front page.

I no do again!

I have my money trapped on that platform and no response is coming from their support team.

I think people need to be aware of what I consider an evolving fraud scheme.
And there should be a way for people to get remedy for this kind of dubious scheme payday is running.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Orders DMBs To Sell FOREX To Customers / Business I Can DO Along With Tight Work Schedule / Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.