Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

I See Things No One Else Sees - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I See Things No One Else Sees (336 Views)

Coast Guard Sees Something Moving In The Water When They Look More Closely They / Things No One Told You Before Graduation (stories Left Untold) / Things No One Told You Before Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I See Things No One Else Sees by danielberkins(m): 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2023
I started seeing things that no one else saw when I was little so I didn't have friends because they all thought I was creepy when they found out I was different.

But, seeing things was the least of my problems, I was sort of able to know the future and things that happened in the past.

I knew when Grand Ma was going to die. The doctor told mummy that Grand Ma was going to recover but while I stood there beside Grand Ma, on her sick bed at the hospital, I saw her leave her body.

No one else did, and she bade me farewell.

Not long after she died.

I knew also that our househelp usually stole mummy's money. I didn't need to see her stealing it, I just knew it and even the amount she stole.

But each time mummy asked me if I knew who took her money, I would always say no.

When I was ten, I had my first and only best friend, Adé. He had been the son of our next door neighbor so I saw him virtually everyday.

And as young as we were, we couldn't stay a day without each other's company.

Adé and I grew so close that once, he pressed his lips to mine because he said he had seen them do it in the movies his mummy often watched.

We grew so close so I told him. I told him about the things I saw, the people I saw, the memories I had of a place I am sure I have never been to.

I thought Adé would understand

Maybe he will just keep being my friend but immediately he heard of it, he turned his back and fled to his house.

Without a goodbye, I stood at the same spot watching him as a year slid down my eye.

From then on, he avoided me.

Although I felt bad, I wasn't all that lonely because my friends often visited me to play with me.

But I was back to being the creepy one.

After Adé, I made some friends at different points of my life but, they all left me.

I was just too different to have friends.

The hurt of loosing so many friends made me mention my predicament to mummy

I told her about the visitors that came mostly at sundown. She became worried and took me to a church for deliverance.

Upon entering the church, we met a throng of people.

The church auditorium was large, larger than that of my school, but the air was thick with sweat and hot.

All of that, though I took notice, meant little to me because my aim was to be free and be like everyone else.

"Your daughter is possessed", the pastor said when we eventually came out to be prayed for.

"And she must be delivered...", he said with so much certainty

Then he assured my mother of my salvation after the deliverance. I was delivered at the altar.

Afterwhich, he said I was free the evil spirit but that same night, I still saw them, my friends.

Since the things I saw scared mummy and daddy, I decided not to mention it to them again.

On this rainy night, I had this ominous feeling but I just didn't know why it came.

Daddy hadn't returned from work and mummy was busy preparing our dinner. Initially I had been helping her in the kitchen, but when she hadn't any need of me and I went to my room feeling a bit sleepy.

As I lay on the bed I had the same feeling of goosebumps that death was lurking around the corner, the same feeling I had when Grand Ma died, so I prayed because mummy said I should always do that before bed

As I settled down on the bed, I soon fell asleep.

Though I was asleep, I felt a gradual vibration from the tips of my toes and I soon felt my whole body vibrating softly

In a matter of seconds, I was not really awake but I could still see myself. I could see my body lying down on my bed.

My soul had left my body.

I knew I wasn't dead because a silver cord connected me to my body.

I soon saw my dad in his car in the express way.

As he drove, I saw that his brakes failed and he seemed to loose control of the wheel for some reason.

He would have driven head first over the bridge to a sure death

"Dadddyyy!" , I screamed in fright but he couldn't hear me.

I floated off into the car and held the steering wheel but the car kept moving.

I began willing the car to stop and it stopped just short of falling over the bridge.

Daddy couldn't see me, couldn't see that I had saved him

"Ada! Wake up, wake up!!". I woke up with a jolt from my bed when mummy tapped me

"Your father just called me that he just escaped an accident!"

A smile gradually formed across my face as I replied: "I know"

To be continued

© Berkins Daniel

You can read more here»

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100079966472849

3 Likes

Re: I See Things No One Else Sees by ikechemez(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2023
danielberkins:
I started seeing things that no one else saw when I was little so I didn't have friends because they all thought I was creepy when they found out I was different.

But, seeing things was the least of my problems, I was sort of able to know the future and things that happened in the past.

I knew when Grand Ma was going to die. The doctor told mummy that Grand Ma was going to recover but while I stood there beside Grand Ma, on her sick bed at the hospital, I saw her leave her body.

No one else did, and she bade me farewell.

Not long after she died.

I knew also that our househelp usually stole mummy's money. I didn't need to see her stealing it, I just knew it and even the amount she stole.

But each time mummy asked me if I knew who took her money, I would always say no.

When I was ten, I had my first and only best friend, Adé. He had been the son of our next door neighbor so I saw him virtually everyday.

And as young as we were, we couldn't stay a day without each other's company.

Adé and I grew so close that once, he pressed his lips to mine because he said he had seen them do it in the movies his mummy often watched.

We grew so close so I told him. I told him about the things I saw, the people I saw, the memories I had of a place I am sure I have never been to.

I thought Adé would understand

Maybe he will just keep being my friend but immediately he heard of it, he turned his back and fled to his house.

Without a goodbye, I stood at the same spot watching him as a year slid down my eye.

From then on, he avoided me.

Although I felt bad, I wasn't all that lonely because my friends often visited me to play with me.

But I was back to being the creepy one.

After Adé, I made some friends at different points of my life but, they all left me.

I was just too different to have friends.

The hurt of loosing so many friends made me mention my predicament to mummy

I told her about the visitors that came mostly at sundown. She became worried and took me to a church for deliverance.

Upon entering the church, we met a throng of people.

The church auditorium was large, larger than that of my school, but the air was thick with sweat and hot.

All of that, though I took notice, meant little to me because my aim was to be free and be like everyone else.

"Your daughter is possessed", the pastor said when we eventually came out to be prayed for.

"And she must be delivered...", he said with so much certainty

Then he assured my mother of my salvation after the deliverance. I was delivered at the altar.

Afterwhich, he said I was free the evil spirit but that same night, I still saw them, my friends.

Since the things I saw scared mummy and daddy, I decided not to mention it to them again.

On this rainy night, I had this ominous feeling but I just didn't know why it came.

Daddy hadn't returned from work and mummy was busy preparing our dinner. Initially I had been helping her in the kitchen, but when she hadn't any need of me and I went to my room feeling a bit sleepy.

As I lay on the bed I had the same feeling of goosebumps that death was lurking around the corner, the same feeling I had when Grand Ma died, so I prayed because mummy said I should always do that before bed

As I settled down on the bed, I soon fell asleep.

Though I was asleep, I felt a gradual vibration from the tips of my toes and I soon felt my whole body vibrating softly

In a matter of seconds, I was not really awake but I could still see myself. I could see my body lying down on my bed.

My soul had left my body.

I knew I wasn't dead because a silver cord connected me to my body.

I soon saw my dad in his car in the express way.

As he drove, I saw that his brakes failed and he seemed to loose control of the wheel for some reason.

He would have driven head first over the bridge to a sure death

"Dadddyyy!" , I screamed in fright but he couldn't hear me.

I floated off into the car and held the steering wheel but the car kept moving.

I began willing the car to stop and it stopped just short of falling over the bridge.

Daddy couldn't see me, couldn't see that I had saved him

"Ada! Wake up, wake up!!". I woke up with a jolt from my bed when mummy tapped me

"Your father just called me that he just escaped an accident!"

A smile gradually formed across my face as I replied: "I know"

To be continued

© Berkins Daniel

You can read more here»

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100079966472849

What do you see about Nigeria presidential election
Re: I See Things No One Else Sees by Chibuking1402(m): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2023
Omo
This scarring and interesting
More please🙏

(1) (Reply)

Comparing Soyinka With Chimamanda Is Mischievous And Suicidal / White People Do Not Steal [the Humour Satirical Audio Book] / The Ghost Boy And The Female Teacher (Episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.