Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,995 members, 7,828,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

The Ghost Boy And The Female Teacher (Episode 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Ghost Boy And The Female Teacher (Episode 1) (365 Views)

The Ghost In Our Compound / Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher: Episode One / Ghost Of The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ghost Boy And The Female Teacher (Episode 1) by SiriMySister: 12:55pm On Mar 01
During my first time experience as a teacher in one private school, there was this SS3 boy that fell in love with me and he was a ghost.

Yes, you heard me right. A high school three(3) boy, who was a ghost, fell in love with his female teacher: me. And what then happened? Let me gist you.

So, after my interview and teaching test, I gained employment in this private school and was to teach three subjects: Business Studies for JSS1-3; Economics for SS1-3; and financial accounting for SS1-3. Yeah! I know what you are thinking: the school management wanted to kill me for my father right? I thought that too. But that wasn't my problem. The management found me worthy and capable of those subjects so I took up the challenge.

On the agreed starting date, being a Monday, I came to the school to begin teaching. Following the timetable, I had SS3 class to teach accounting so I headed to their class.

"Good morning Ma!" The SS3 students greeted me in one voice.

"Good morning wonderful students. How are you doing!" I responded and they all answered fine.

"Well, my name is Miss Jacinta. And I'm your new accounting teacher"

I had this habit of smiling when I'm nervous so I was smiling as I introduced myself.

Wow! Welcome Ma
Wow! You look beautiful
Wow we are happy to have you; wow you have a nice name.
Wow this; wow that. You know students nah, they like play and blabbing so I allowed them blab while I kept saying "thank you" and smiling.

There were eighteen (18) student in that class.

"Aunty, eight(cool of us are offering science subjects" One girl blurted. "while the remaining ten(10) are offering arts subject"

"Ok thanks for letting me know" I told her.

"And among the ten(10) arts students, only this new boy is offering accounting" A boy, who was the school senior prefect said in a mockery tune, pointing at the said boy and all the students bursted out laughter.

The said boy was sitting in front row and I was standing, directly opposite him. I looked at the said boy.

"He's a new student?" I asked

"Yes ma. He started late last term"

I looked at the boy again. He doesn't look like those kids that do 'I too know'. I mean, those kids that keeps questioning their teachers and be acting like the know it all. But he was very handsome, fair and and was sitting calmly.

"Aunty?, the formal accounting teacher gave up on him because he was playing truancy" A girl said "He always hide or run out of the class once it's time for accounting or if he sees the teacher coming"

All the students laughed again and I also laughed but a little. It would be a relief on my job if he plays truancy. I said in my mind.

"Well, if that's what he does, I will be coming to school with rope and I will tie him so he doesn't run away anymore" I told them jokingly. Then I bent over to the said boy. I raised his head so we would look at each other eyeball to eyeball.

"If you don't want me to tie you, don't try to run away when you see me" I told him almost like a whisper.

He smiled.

"I have a feeling that you are the one who would grant my one wish, so I won't run away" The boy whispered.

I mopped at him suspiciously. "What did you just say?"

"I don't have much time to live on this earth, so be the one to grant my wish please" He whispered again. His voice so gentle and compassionate.

I quickly stood straight and looked forward, to the rest of the students, then I strayed my head towards him and fixed my eyes on him, with one question, lingering in my head: is this boy insane or what?.

"Aunty he doesn't talk much; he's always on his own" One of the students alerted me and I realized that I had fixed my eyes on the boy for a while.

Okay, the rest of you who are not offering accounting please engage yourselves in a quiet self studying" I said and then turned to the board and wrote the subject: financial accounting and date.

"Aunty, it's time for our Chemistry practical" One of the science students said "Permission to go out of the class?"

"Of course" I permitted and all the science students started leaving for their practicals.

"Aunty, we would like to make use of our self studying time in the library" The remaining art students said "permission to leave?"

I permitted them and they all left leaving me and the said boy all alone in the big class.

"Since it's just the two of us, and today is my first time in you class, I will write the scheme of work for you to copy and then introduce our first topic for the term" I said and turned to write on the board.

"Excuse me Aunty!" The boy called.

"Yes?" I turned.

"I really don't have much time to spend on this earth" He said. "Please hear me out and grant me a wish"

TO Be Continued
https://sirimysister.com/the-ghost-boy-and-the-female-teacher-episode-2/

(1) (Reply)

A Wasp Disturbing A Giant / Mirrors / Everything You Need To Know About Online Book Publishing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.