Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? (30233 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by Goldmann(m): 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2007
This is serious folks, and i mean SERIOUS, We know that according to the bible pre-marital sex is a sin, bt really im curious, how far can u go wit ur girlfriend b4 fallin into sin? Are kissin and handling ok? Is it sin if u stop just b4 SEX itself?
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by HolinessM: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2007
send me d hair on your penis - i will help u not to fall into temptation - bush man.
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by Goldmann(m): 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2007
angry angry angrystop being dim. do u think im here to joke? , im askin a serious question faced by many young christians 2day. if u lack any significant intelligence, the join a forum 4 three-year olds

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by uspry1(f): 10:57pm On Oct 02, 2007
Is KISSING sin?

Is handling sin?

Is HOLDING HANDS sin?

Is HUGGING sin?

Is COMMUNICATION to opposite sex sin?

Is STARING at opposite sex sin?

Why don't you ask your pastor about Christian dating? Is your girlfriend qualified to be matched as Proverbs 31 wife?
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by doctorb1(f): 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2007
Trust me if you dont want to sin, dont get into "just before SEX itself"

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by Ivvie: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2007
If you are a true Christian, you shouldn't be dating. The affairs of life to a Christian is not trial by error. Those led by the Spirit of God are called sons of God. The Spirit of God will affirm to you when you find your true spouse to be, until then, every other thing is sin and basis of a bad foundation.

To give you a benefit of a doubt that it isn't dating - you cannot touch/kiss/whatever romantic play the world does because the female you are with is not yours but her Dad's. The period is for the sake of bonding and leveling mentally and getting to know yourselves spiritually. This is another state (of which many don't understand or know). You are suppose to kiss on the wedding day. No romance nor carnal knowledge. Some people cannot control themselves so the bible charges that they should be let to marry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by princeonx: 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2008
If you can't use your judgement, then don't do it!
if you have double mind about anything you want to do with her, then don't do it!
To cut the whole story short, if you don't know what's a sin or not you shouldn't even be talking about relationship! PERIOD.
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by chatykrew(m): 2:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
hi

@goldman

Well its an interesting topic worthy of discussion and we here to give advice only but the rest is to each and everyone of us.

first of all, sex is good but fornication and adultery is sinful. we have to understand that sex was created by God for the good of adults and secondly to enable procreation of children. so for young adults like me not married fprnication is off.

Moreover, as a born again (one that believes that Christ Resurrects from the dead) you should know that you have the Spirit of God. Now your body is the Temple of the Spirit of God. Reason: why would you take your body (Holy of Holies remember God dwells in you) and join it with someone that doesnt have the Spirit of God (know this such has the Spirit of this world). ask yourself wat union would that be?

so for me personally wat has kept me is to regard myself as the Holy of Holies and nothing should compete with the Spirit of God and this is only possible thru faith.

personally, i have come to the realization that romance which invariable leads to fornication/adultery is out of my current relationship but to get to know whether she has the Spirit of God like me then to see the charaacter she has developed and look out for things that 10+ years will still make me to love her. but fornication will blur your ideas and make u marry for its sake so please consider my advise.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by chychy(f): 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
chatykrew:

hi

@goldman

Well its an interesting topic worthy of discussion and we here to give advice only but the rest is to each and everyone of us.

first of all, sex is good but fornication and adultery is sinful. we have to understand that sex was created by God for the good of adults and secondly to enable procreation of children. so for young adults like me not married fprnication is off.

Moreover, as a born again (one that believes that Christ Resurrects from the dead) you should know that you have the Spirit of God. Now your body is the Temple of the Spirit of God. Reason: why would you take your body (Holy of Holies remember God dwells in you) and join it with someone that doesnt have the Spirit of God (know this such has the Spirit of this world). ask yourself what union would that be?

so for me personally what has kept me is to regard myself as the Holy of Holies and nothing should compete with the Spirit of God and this is only possible through faith.

personally, i have come to the realization that romance which invariable leads to fornication/adultery is out of my current relationship but to get to know whether she has the Spirit of God like me then to see the charaacter she has developed and look out for things that 10+ years will still make me to love her. but fornication will blur your ideas and make u marry for its sake so please consider my advise.

Well said,
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by simplymee: 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2010
It is very risky to get that intimate with a friend of the opposite sex whether born again or not(the friend of course). You should not start what you might end up regretting due to later consequences as a result of trial and error. Its advisable to watch yourself as no matter the level of your spirituality, there is a need to work on yourself and your emotions before ADRENALINE gets the best of you. ITS WISDOM MY FRIEND.
THE BIBLE SAYS 'RESIST THE DEVIL AND HE WILL FLEE'. HUGS ARE NOT BAD, BUT KNOW WHEN TO DRAW THE CURTAINS. SOME SAY THAT YOU HAVE TO 'PERFORM' IN ORDER TO PROVE YOUR LOVE FOR THEM. DON'T BULGE, RATHER KEEP CLEAR. JUST KEEP YOURSELF CLEAR OF REGRETS LATER AFTER ALL YOU HAVE THE HOLY GHOST IN YOU.
GOD BLESS YOU
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2010
The mere fact that you are considering all these things in your mind is a SIN already

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2010
Ivvie:

If you are a true Christian, you shouldn't be dating. The affairs of life to a Christian is not trial by error. Those led by the Spirit of God are called sons of God. The Spirit of God will affirm to you when you find your true spouse to be, until then, every other thing is sin and basis of a bad foundation.

To give you a benefit of a doubt that it isn't dating - you cannot touch/kiss/whatever romantic play the world does because the female you are with is not yours but her Dad's. The period is for the sake of bonding and leveling mentally and getting to know yourselves spiritually. This is another state (of which many don't understand or know). You are suppose to kiss on the wedding day. No romance nor carnal knowledge. Some people cannot control themselves so the bible charges that they should be let to marry.

What?

Wherever did you hear that the Holy Spirit just told someone - "that's your wife, be joined by the pastor tomorrow"?

What? It's unfair to twist things this badly. It really is unfair.
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by PRINCE4CHRIST(m): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2010
Number 1: there is nothing like christian_dating
number 2: as a true christian we should not date, because that dating of thing leads to many ugly results which we all know.
Now am a christian and a charistmatic one. I have many female friends but i dont date them even though they may be expecting it from me but i know what am doing and where am going. As it is mentioned above and as the bible says Our Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit. And we should not defile it with fornication. My advice is that we as christians should avoid dating; because is opposing our faith.
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
@PRINCE4CHRIST
Since when are dating and fornication synonymous?

dating: activity of going on dates: the activity of going out regularly with somebody as a social or romantic partner
Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

fornication:
1. consenting sex involving somebody unmarried: sexual intercourse between two consenting adults who are not married to each other
2. sexual behavior considered immoral: in the Bible, sexual intercourse between a man and woman who are not married, or any form of sexual behavior considered to be immoral

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
KAI!!! shocked What has the indoctrination of this christianity cult done to my fellow human brothers?! These people are far far gone! This is really tragic. I am sorry, even though i have promised not to get myself involved in christian threads on this forum, i just have to voice my view out in the open after seeing all these posts above. Love has been held prisoner by the christian doctrine. O ma se o! cry embarassed
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by UyiIredia(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2010
Jenwitemi:

KAI!!! shocked What has the indoctrination of this christianity cult done to my fellow human brothers?! These people are far far gone! This is really tragic. I am sorry, even though i have promised not to get myself involved in christian threads on this forum, i just have to voice my view out in the open after seeing all these posts above. Love has been held prisoner by the christian doctrine. O ma se o! cry embarassed

may they recieve the sexual healing they are sorely in need of in Jesus' name >>> i believe of course that you will be deserving of the psition of a doctor on this wise
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by lamilee(f): 9:40am On Sep 16, 2013
My dear your conscience will always tell you how far u can go. It is dia to guide us in all our doings. Holding hands is not a sin, neither is kissing dats if you do it with d purest of intentions. Deep cuddling and too much sin can however lead to sex so,jst knw urslf and,hw far u can take. Goodluck
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by Nobody: 10:44am On May 04, 2015
Ivvie:

God bless you real good
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by Anas09: 9:58pm On May 04, 2015
How stupid can some people be. No, go all the way. You are free. Do whatever u like. Before u came here, u r neck deep into all u just put up there, continu. Child of God.
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by misreal(m): 11:11am On May 05, 2015

What?

Wherever did you hear that the Holy Spirit just told someone - "that's your wife, be joined by the pastor tomorrow"?

What? It's unfair to twist things this badly. It really is unfair.
a Christian should not date until the holy ghost has shown him/her the person to get married to.then,they can date,just to get to know each other.but this process of courting should not last up to two years to avoid temptation.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by misreal(m): 11:14am On May 05, 2015
lamilee:
My dear your conscience will always tell you how far u can go. It is dia to guide us in all our doings. Holding hands is not a sin, neither is kissing dats if you do it with d purest of intentions. Deep cuddling and too much sin can however lead to sex so,jst knw urslf and,hw far u can take. Goodluck
too much sin??lol..
Re: As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 05, 2015
Goldmann:
This is serious folks, and i mean SERIOUS, We know that according to the bible pre-marital sex is a sin, bt really im curious, how far can u go wit ur girlfriend b4 fallin into sin? Are kissin and handling ok? Is it sin if u stop just b4 SEX itself?

The bible speaks against premarital sex, so that is a limit dating couples shouldn't cross. 1,cor. 6:9

Is holding hands wrong? Nope

Is kissing wrong? Nope, it all depends on the part of the world you find urself. It is not wrong to exchange expressions of affection between dating couples, but it is better done when marriage is imminent. If kissing is scoffed at in ur area, you might do well to suspend it.

If u start at the beginning of the courtship to kiss and call "honey, sweety, sugar" etc, it may preempt the main motive of courtship - knowing if marriage to this person is wise. it is thus better to employ expressions of affection when u have done all the scrutiny on her and marriage is in the pipeline.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? / Peter Obi: Social Media Cannot Control Voice Of Prophecy - Fr Mbaka / Promise Ubong: Peace Ntuk Shares Transformation Photos Of Boy Tagged A Wizard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.