Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins (3801 Views)

Poll: Is That A Good Decision For Siasia?

Yes: 67% (23 votes)
No: 32% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

‘My Earlier Decision Stands’ – Enyeama Rules Out Nigeria Return / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by itiswell1(m): 6:57am On Sep 20, 2011
Siasia Rules Out Yak, Martins’ Immediate Eagles’ Return

Super Eagles’ Chief Coach, Samson Siasia, has ruled out the possible return of Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Obafemi Martins despite their outstanding showing last weekend in Europe.
Speaking on the invitation to appear before the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) technical committee to defend his team list against Guinea, Siasia said: “I have not seen any part of the world, where senior national team coaches appear to defend team list. However, I will only appear before the committee on Tuesday, but as for the unveiling of the list, I don’t really know. Maybe, it will be after the defence,” he noted.

He also took time to shower encomium on Nigerian players who showed blistering form in Europe last weekend, admitting that he was happy to see many of them on the scoring sheet.

On the possibility of the return of the like Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Obafemi Martins to the Eagles fold, Siasia tactically noted that if they would return, it would not be immediate.
“I’m very happy for those that scored. It is good for the country and we have to celebrate their forms. As for their invitation to the Eagles, I think it may not be now,” he noted.

He, however, promised to take up the 2.00pm hostile kick-off timing for the African Nations Cup crucial tie between the Super Eagles and visiting Syli National of Guinea with the Confederation of African Football President, Issa Hayatou.

Reacting to the controversial directive by the African soccer ruling body to start the group matches simultaneously, the Eagles boss said though it would be among the things he would discuss during the meeting with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) technical Committee today, he would however make telephone call to the CAF boss to convince him to approve 7.00pm kick-off time.
The Eagles coach further argued that since it is only the two countries jostling for the ticket in the group, the timing should be made suitable to the two teams, insisting that other countries in the group have nothing at stake.
“The timing is very wrong and we must do every possible to change it. It is one of the things, I will discuss with the technical committee.

But, besides that, I will personally call Issah Hayatou to discuss it with him. Since the two teams, Nigeria and Guinea, fighting for the ticket in the group that would play, why should they compel us to play the game at 2.00pm?”
The former Eagles’ striker, who expressed disappointment over his continued appearance before the technical committee to defend his Eagles list, argued that there was no country in the world where senior national team coaches appear before the federation committee to defend his invited players.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2011/sept/20/sportsbreak-20-09-2011-001.html
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by dadicvila(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2011
Even when it was obvious Lippi was taken a weakened and funny looking team to S.A,the italian F.A never interfered or questioned his choice of players,same with Dunga,yet dis crooks in the glass house will never let our coaches rest, sincerely i am tired of nigerian football, must everything in this country be polticized?? undecided undecided
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by mallorca(m): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
Good luck to you Siasia
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by GMcompere: 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2011
Its a shame Arsenal is to blame for all this wahala.

They have been reviving Nigerian players careers each time they play with thier clubs

Recall:

Arsenal Vs West Brom, Osaze (a brace)
Arsenal Vs Birmingham (carling cup final), Obafemi
Arsenal Vs Blackburn , Yakubu

Hope Arsenal will not play with portsmouth or Eyimba soon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Gunners for Ever
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by Ayoobscom(m): 1:06pm On Sep 20, 2011
THE SUPER EAGLE HAVE NOT YET A keen STRIKER LIKE YAKUBU

A LIFE TIME CONDEMNATION FOR A GOAL MISSED IS SARCASTIC AND UNSPORTMANSHIP, life of messi,ronaldo and toress had missed same chance in their careers

Siasia u are goofing
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by ksam(m): 1:18pm On Sep 20, 2011
I think what the people in the glass house did was the right thing,regardless of fact that it is not done in other country a good coach should be able to defend his players list i.e,why this players are included and the other is not.As for yakubu and martins,what they did to us at the world cup is still fresh in our minds.
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by Fokativ: 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2011
We don't need that obese, chewing-gum obsessed striker called Yakubu. Super Eagles will be better of without him.
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by oladosusak(f): 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2011
An opportunity you’ve been waiting for to be a landlord is here. At Silver Spring peninsular, a serviced estate located off Agric bus stop, Ikorodu, You can buy a piece of land for as low as N250, 000 or N450, 000 or N850, 000. You can pay in bits after the down payment as low as N10, 000 and pay the balance over 24 months. What a UNIQUE offer!
visit our website: www.silverspringpeninsula.com
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by Ajibel(m): 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2011
GMcompere:

Its a shame Arsenal is to blame for all this wahala.

They have been reviving Nigerian players careers each time they play with thier clubs

Recall:

Arsenal Vs West Brom, Osaze (a brace)
Arsenal Vs Birmingham (carling cup final), Obafemi
Arsenal Vs Blackburn , Yakubu

Hope Arsenal will not play with portsmouth or Eyimba soon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Gunners for Ever

roflmao, no kill me abeg. true talk sha, arsenal till i kpeme
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by Ifemyke: 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2011
Leave Naija and their politics. for chelsea faitfuls, Drogba is back
source http://mylatestfootballnews..com/
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by mulumele(m): 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2011
Nigeria is a peculiar country and defending team's list by national team coach is part of the peculiarity.
As a matter of fact,Yakubu was a kolanut chewing player when he was in Nigeria and Israel; he developed chewing gum habit when he got to England.
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by moshoodn(m): 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2011
And who said this doesn't sound good?
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by teemon: 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2011
Make them go sleep jare !
Re: Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins by Ninilowo(m): 11:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
Siasia has unforgiven spirit. Enyeama has been dropped cos of the travelling saga. It's my prayer he doesn't regret his action despite Enyeama's unreserved apology. The guy has been there for the country when the chips are down. Lets not forget his heroics at 2004 ACN finals and of recent, the FIFA worl cup in South Africa. Sia1, WATCH IT!
He also helped Enyinba of NIGERIA to defend the CAF champion's league trophy during the penalty shoot out.

(1) (Reply)

Great Won Again Over 2.5 And / Download Real Madrid Vs Malmo FF 8 - 0 All Ronaldo,benzema Goals & Highlights / Jose Mourinho's Lookalike Spotted In India (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.