Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion (7497 Views)

Chinese Loans: How FG Signed Empty Loan Repayment Documents – Reps / Sagay: Nigerians Displaying Ignorance Over Chinese Loans / Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by KanwuliaExtra: 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
obailala:
Like I said before, the Chinese loans are about the best loans Nigeria has ever taken possibly since 1960. They apparently are the only loans which we can see the projects they were used for so I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "scam"... I dont do such generalisations without tangible reasons. If you talking of scam loans, we should be asking ourselves what the remaining over eighty something billion dollar loans were ever used for cos I cant point to a single project.

I don't know what your point is.
Should we be clapping for the misuse of the Chinese loans?
Those sub-standard projects are an insult to Nigerians and the world.
So we should clap for the use of the Chinese loans?
I think NOT!
Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by Gamesmart: 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
obailala:
Is that the only thing you picked from my comment?

When you engage with someone that has nothing reasonable to say, and your responses/points reveal they do not have much within the encasement of the skull, they will just pick some deflection and diversionary statement to keep arguing.
Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by obailala(m): 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

I don't know what your point is.
Should we be clapping for the misuse of the Chinese loans?
Those sub-standard projects are an insult to Nigerians and the world.
So we should clap for the use of the Chinese loans?
I think NOT!
Apparently you still have not comprehended my point. Maybe I should break it down to elementary level for you.

Nigeria's total debt is currently about $103billion and $4billion of that amount which was from China was used for those projects listed above. Your perception about whether the projects are standard or not is absolutely inconsequential and an argument for another day; what matters is that the projects exist, we can see them, we can feel them and they are functional!

What you should be worried about is what the remaining $99bn was used for. It's actually nauseating hearing everyone talk about a measly $4bn (which was used for real projects) but no one's talking about $99bn which vanished into thin air.
Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by lightwind(m): 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
MuslimIgbo:
Buharî has always been known to be a very USELESS, CORRUPT AND UNFORTUNATE LEADER, even since 1983.

I think you people love Tinubu and busy praising him, don't worry.

In 3 years no one should complain kpim on this Nairaland o
Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by KanwuliaExtra: 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2023
obailala:
Apparently you still have not comprehended my point. Maybe I should break it down to elementary level for you.

Nigeria's total debt is currently about $103billion and $4billion of that amount which was from China was used for those projects listed above. Your perception about whether the projects are standard or not is absolutely inconsequential and an argument for another day; what matters is that the projects exist, we can see them, we can feel them and they are functional!

What you should be worried about is what the remaining $99bn was used for. It's actually nauseating hearing everyone talk about a measly $4bn (which was used for real projects) but no one's talking about $99bn which vanished into thin air.

I am worried about all loans. . . but that is not the subject on this thread.
Simple.

READ AGAIN. . . .CHINESE LOANS, nor all loans.
Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by Regex: 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
belshazzar:
basically in the next 27 years , we should be ready for Chinese invasion

China ain't invading, however, we will be a puppet to the Chinese which will tear us up, because we already have a master, the Americans.

This is one show I'd love to watch... 😂 😂

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by Regex: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2023
princepeter566:
APC is a cancer to Nigeria.

No, Nigerians are cancer to Nigeria.
Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by Toriagirl(f): 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
I laugh in Chinese language
Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by Wilson125(m): 8:02pm On Apr 03, 2023
MuslimIgbo:

Mú muh
You follow me go where I vote abi?
E be like say e nor wan beta for you abi?
😂😂😂.. no be so, e go better for me.
Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by Stkutsu(m): 11:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
maleekberry:
The painful thing about all these loans is that there nothing on ground to show for it.

Am sure the Chinese have their own agenda that's why they keep boring nigeria money.
before u think say na because them really want make we develop make them dey give us money...
Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by bionixs: 7:32am On Apr 04, 2023
Sunnyski:
Dem never even enter dem don dey blame.

With Tulumbu, I am seeing an administration that is worse than Buhari's.

From frying pan to fire. 😂 😂

I am seriously saving up to japa.

We don't have a working country.
Buhari even said it that Nigerians will beg him to come back after he had left. Terrible day aheads but not for me and my family

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by Sunnyski: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2023
bionixs:
Buhari even said it that Nigerians will beg him to come back after he had left. Terrible day aheads but not for me and my family

Everybody go chop breakfast 😂
Re: Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion by bionixs: 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2023
Sunnyski:

Everybody go chop breakfast 😂
excluding my house. We didn’t order for the breakfast. We vehemently avoided the breakfast plan. Lol!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How Ugandan Women Are Being Tortured, Raped & Humiliated Without Help In Mid / Edo Prophet Curses Anyone Against Eastern Security Network And Kanu / Supreme Court Judgement On Kanu Not Unanimous- IPOB, Lawyer Yet To Get CTC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.