Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? (531 Views)

The Ideal Salary Of A Programmer In Nigeria / If You're A Programmer Come Inside / I Need A Programmer For My Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by Obasempiree(m): 9:31am On Apr 03, 2023
As somebody that had an art background i was curious about how things worked but never really fancied programming. But immediately after my NYSC i got a job in the tech field as a web administrator, i was given the company website login details. I curiously logged in and for the first time in my life i discovered a website had a backend lol. One year later after enjoying the job i made a decision to learn web development and have created several website projects for clients in multiple programming languages specifically, javascript, php and python, i just love the tech field.

when did you make a decision to become a programmer?

1 Like

Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by davidtuzy(m): 7:56pm On Apr 03, 2023
Sup bro, Pls is the Tech Field Really Worth it, am planning on Starting Web Development Class Dix Month and the Fee is Close To 200k but am juxt Curious becuz i Don't Know how the Tech Field Looks like
Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by Obasempiree(m): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2023
davidtuzy:
Sup bro, Pls is the Tech Field Really Worth it, am planning on Starting Web Development Class Dix Month and the Fee is Close To 200k but am juxt Curious becuz i Don't Know how the Tech Field Looks like
Yes it's worth it brother. Give it's a try u can send me a message on WhatsApp. 0.9.0.6.4.9.9.2.9.5.2
Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by jikins(m): 5:47am On Apr 04, 2023
davidtuzy:

There are so many free resources out there to learn web dev. Spend your 200k on data instead

1 Like

Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by Obasempiree(m): 8:52am On Apr 04, 2023
jikins:

There are so many free resources out there to learn web dev. Spend your 200k on data instead
sure there are free resources, but not everyone can be self taught, most or some people still need some mentorship or guidance.
Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by Deicide: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2023
How you take get the Job 🤔
Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by jikins(m): 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2023
Obasempiree:

sure there are free resources, but not everyone can be self taught, most or some people still need some mentorship or guidance.

I feel everyone can be self taught if they really want to. There are many videos online that will guide you perfectly and mentor you. There are so many tech communities you can join on slack, twitter even here self. Certain people have created WhatsApp groups to learn together. Point is there's too much resources out there for you to be paying someone 200k to learn web development. But if they really want to its fine its their money afterall.
Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by arejibadz(m): 12:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
davidtuzy:
use that 200k to buy data and download courses ......quote me if u need video resources to download
Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by Godfullsam(m): 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
jikins:

I feel everyone can be self taught if they really want to. There are many videos online that will guide you perfectly and mentor you. There are so many tech communities you can join on slack, twitter even here self. Certain people have created WhatsApp groups to learn together. Point is there's too much resources out there for you to be paying someone 200k to learn web development. But if they really want to its fine its their money afterall.

Pls can you specifically list some YouTube videos tutorials that a beginner can learn from?
Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by jikins(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2023
Godfullsam:

Pls can you specifically list some YouTube videos tutorials that a beginner can learn from?

You need a combination of a bootcamp, videos maybe books if you are so inclined and also building stuffs with what you learn which is the most important part. First thing first you need to know what web dev entails, there is a cool video fireship did recently on YouTube called how to actually learn to code... 7 roadmap for 2023.

Its not only web dev its like everything. So it gives you an overview. You can start with freecodecamp bootcamp, they recently updated their html and css course. There is also the odin project. Then frontend masters bootcamp this is entirely video. I don't recommend trying to learn web dev from YouTube instead use it to better understand certain concepts you learn.

Don't only focus on videos read articles too on a particular thing. So you fully grasp it. It takes dedication and consistency. You can't learn everything in one year but you can find your feet pretty quickly if you zero in. Learning how to google stuff is a skill you need to develop so Google the stuff I have mentioned.
Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by Godfullsam(m): 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2023
jikins:

You need a combination of a bootcamp, videos maybe books if you are so inclined and also building stuffs with what you learn which is the most important part. First thing first you need to know what web dev entails, there is a cool video fireship did recently on YouTube called how to actually learn to code... 7 roadmap for 2023.

Its not only web dev its like everything. So it gives you an overview. You can start with freecodecamp bootcamp, they recently updated their html and css course. There is also the odin project. Then frontend masters bootcamp this is entirely video. I don't recommend trying to learn web dev from YouTube instead use it to better understand certain concepts you learn.

Don't only focus on videos read articles too on a particular thing. So you fully grasp it. It takes dedication and consistency. You can't learn everything in one year but you can find your feet pretty quickly if you zero in. Learning how to google stuff is a skill you need to develop so Google the stuff I have mentioned.

Thank you very much.

I am very busy guy. Have 5am - 5pm job that is eating my time.

I will create time to start learning gradually
Re: Did You See Yourself Becoming A Programmer? by Najdorf: 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2023
I do not see myself as a programmer. I see programming and software engineering as a tool to get to where I want.

(1) (Reply)

Why Pitch N Hire Best For Permanent Staffing Agency? / I Want To Start A Tech Career On AWS Cloud Computing / Victory AJ Pollock Batting 517 During An Eight-game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.