Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

What Alternative Do Foreign Countries Vulcanizer Uses Instead Of Apku & Eba? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Alternative Do Foreign Countries Vulcanizer Uses Instead Of Apku & Eba? (696 Views)

Nigerian Man Uses Artificial Grass To Redesign His New Car (video) / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors / Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Alternative Do Foreign Countries Vulcanizer Uses Instead Of Apku & Eba? by fineboynl(m): 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
I was wondering if apku and eba is the solution to tubeless tyres. What are the recommendations from the manufacturer? What provision was provided? What are foreign vulcanizers using instead of apku and eba they are using down here.
Re: What Alternative Do Foreign Countries Vulcanizer Uses Instead Of Apku & Eba? by neonly: 12:58pm On Apr 03, 2023
New tyres normally don't need eba d edge fit in well to d rims and you say foreign guys normally buy new tyres
But make sit don hear comments

1 Like

Re: What Alternative Do Foreign Countries Vulcanizer Uses Instead Of Apku & Eba? by fineboynl(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2023
neonly:
New tyres normally don't need eba d edge fit in well to d rims and you say foreign guys normally buy new tyres
But make sit don hear comments
even if you buy new tyre vulcanizers still uses apku and eba.

1 Like

Re: What Alternative Do Foreign Countries Vulcanizer Uses Instead Of Apku & Eba? by neonly: 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2023
fineboynl:
even if you buy new tyre vulcanizers still uses apku and eba.

Is because of the local method of putting d tyres
Eg hitting it iron bar as it say d tyre na criminal
Re: What Alternative Do Foreign Countries Vulcanizer Uses Instead Of Apku & Eba? by aieromon(m): 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2023
fineboynl:
I was wondering if apku and eba is the solution to tubeless tyres. What are the recommendations from the manufacturer? What provision was provided? What are foreign vulcanizers using instead of apku and eba they are using down here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOTmQM9XzCE

1 Like

Re: What Alternative Do Foreign Countries Vulcanizer Uses Instead Of Apku & Eba? by Twob: 5:58am On Apr 05, 2023
fineboynl:

They use a rubber-like-silicon-grease which is designed for that purpose of perfect sealing, this can hardly be seen among Nigerians local vulcanizers.

First, The rim must first be clean and free from corrosion, rust or dirts. If corroded at where the tyre would sit, there would be leaks, so, that's why that place and the tyre neck sitting on that circular track is coated with a rubber like silicone grease by professional vulcanizer to eliminate any irregularities around there and to ensure perfect sealing.

In my own case, each time I am to change the tyre(s) of my vehicle, I used to coat the tyre neck with grease in most cases, or better still oil (for I won't allow vulcanizer to use Akpu or Eba for that purpose). I would stay with the vulcanizer to ensure the rim is cleaned, washed and freed from corrosion or rust at the sealing neck, I will then ask him to apply grease or oil to the tyre and rim. Once that is done and tyre inflated to the manufacturer's specification pressure, you will then see the tyre hardly go down because there would be proper sealing between the tyre neck and the rim. As, I speak with u, I can't remember when last I visited vulcanizer to have my tyres gauged except last year June or July when I had a tyre damaged.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Mix A Coolant With Water Before Putting It Into A Car? / I Renewed My Lagos Plate Number And It Is Not Showing In Autoreg / In-car Internet 'to Become Norm'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.