Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Are Fathers Really That Important? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Fathers Really That Important? (485 Views)

Are Fathers Not That Important? Why Are They Taken For Granted? / Why Are Fathers Neglected Why Mothers Are Remembered / Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Fathers Really That Important? by EmekaStanley: 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2023
While not trying to take anything away from the importance or love of mothers, a lot of the best experiences a child can have while growing up comes from the father.

In fact, dysfunctional homes are always homes without a father or with a failed father.

The collapse of family values and the society in general is directly linked to the total absence of fathers or absence of responsible fathers in the home.

I used to watch an American court show called Paternity court; it was an eye opener on how dysfunctional and mentally scarred a child raised without a father can turn out to be.

It also showed how a dysfunctional home could go on to replicate itself. I noticed that a lot of those who had paternity cases around their necks didn’t know their real fathers. It was a cycle.

Even the scolding or reprove of a father is an absolute necessity when bringing up a child. It is a show of love.

It is part of those memories that a child loves to remember. Reproving a child shows you care. And for some reason, the father is the figurehead of reprove in the home. Therefore the mother can't do this alone.

And this is corroborated beautifully in Proverbs 3. It says:

“ My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline or be weary of his reproof, for the Lord reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights” Proverbs 3 vs 11-12 RSV

What this verse is trying to say is that no matter how much a mother tries to reprove a child, she needs the support of a father to achieve maximum desired results.

Fathers are…………..really really important.

Don’t deprive a child the gift of fatherly love which includes reproof.

ES
Re: Are Fathers Really That Important? by Divoc19(f): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2023
Yeah.
Even when you hate or divorced your spouse.

Please allow the children spend time with their father. If their father is very stupid and irresponsible, he is still their father and those kids you love so much have their fathers traits in them cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Fathers Really That Important? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2023
Fathers are too important sef, me I love my father way more than mom. Both are very important please.

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Really That Important? by advanceDNA: 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Fathers are too important sef, me I love my father way more than mom. Both are very important please.

Dey disguise grin
Re: Are Fathers Really That Important? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2023
advanceDNA:

Dey disguise grin
Not at all, this is my reality and the truth.
Re: Are Fathers Really That Important? by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
EmekaStanley:
■ And this is corroborated beautifully in Proverbs 3. It says: “ My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline or be weary of his reproof, for the Lord reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights” Proverbs 3 vs 11-12 RSV
What this verse is trying to say is that no matter how much a mother tries to reprove a child, she needs the support of a father to achieve maximum desired results. Fathers are…………..really really important. Don’t deprive a child the gift of fatherly love which includes reproof.
1. Please stop dragging the mention of God into what amounts to brain farts abeg! undecided

The verse you quoted says absolutely none of what you claim nor does it serve any relevance to this bundle of ignorance that is your OP here. Abeg, stop dragging God's name in the mud. undecided
Re: Are Fathers Really That Important? by Jesslove(f): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2023
Not important or needed.
Re: Are Fathers Really That Important? by Foodqueen(f): 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
Very true.

One of the other reasons women stay put.
Re: Are Fathers Really That Important? by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:09am On Apr 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Please stop dragging the mention of God into what amounts to brain farts abeg! undecided

The verse you quoted says absolutely none of what you claim nor does it serve any relevance to this bundle of ignorance that is your OP here. Abeg, stop dragging God's name in the mud. undecided

Do you always forget to write '2' whenever and wherever you write '1'

If it's not deliberate, then the consistency shows you have a serious issue with Amnesia probably from a yet to be diagnosed brain abnormality.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Children's Maths Question That Seems Simple Is Leaving People Stumped / How A Lady Disappeared With My Bouncing Baby Boy - Nigerian Blogger (Photos) / Asthmatic Fiance And The Chances Of Conception ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.