Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

How Long Does It Take To Register A Business Name Now In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Long Does It Take To Register A Business Name Now In Nigeria (412 Views)

How Long Does It Take CAC Business Name Registration Certificate To Be Ready? / How Long Does It Take For Payoneer Bank Withdrawal? / Step By Step Of How To Register A Company With The Corporate Affairs Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Register A Business Name Now In Nigeria by jchioma: 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2023
Why am I No Longer Able to Register A Business Name On The CAC Portal?

In the past, one could easily register a business name using a smart phone or desktop in line with the ease of doing business policy. However, I've noticed a declining scenario on the Corporate Affairs Commission portal over a period of time. I don't know when it has become rocket science to register a business name on the CAC portal and that if you try, you will have to go through an endless cycle of processing one registration for eons? I hope the INEC server has not affected CAC portal alsogrin? I have transacted and registered business names on the CAC portal prior. So, it's not like I'm a new to these things. I do online payments to the Commission via Remita platform. It's a process that is suppose to be simple and easy.

The portal is behaving abnormally or something. If this is negligence on part of the personnel, I want to use this medium to call the attention of the Corporate Affairs Commission to the problems in the site. Who do I need to "see" in order to register my business name now? All the numbers provided for enquiries are either not working or not reachable. How do I register my business and go on with the name if close to 4 months, I'm struggling and still not able to register it on the CAC portal?

Using my NIN details, it brought up my details including my names, gender, date of birth, address, phone number, Occupation/Description. Meaning they have access to my data. I enter the remaining required info and click on the register button and that's where the problem starts; it's been up to four months now and for each day I have tried to resume the registration process, it’s been an endless "rolling" of the circle as seen in the attached image with no further progress away from this page. I have tried severally to call the numbers provided, but as usual, there's no response! Perhaps, even the offices are deserted! The govt needs to come up with a clear policy on what steps one could take in order to register a business in Nigeria. Today, the body language from the executive is not inspiring at all! Poor Nigerians can bear the brunt for all they care? I am beginning to conclude there are problems truly inherent in the Nigerian public process systems that may not even take the grace of God to solve, But practically following simple rules and taking pragmatic ACTIONS!

How long does it take to register a business name now in Nigeria?

Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Business Name Now In Nigeria by jchioma: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2023
How long does it take to register a business name now in Nigeria?

Any member of the public can create an account, kindly note you will be a director, trustee or a proprietor/partner during the registration process.

Please provide the necessary details.

Continue Existing/Queried Registration

Please select if you want to be an accredited agent

Authorized Representative

Surname
First Name
Other Name
Date of Birth
Account Details
Phone Number

dropdowncountry img+ 234 (This one does not drop down at all, so you don’t even have an option here either)

Email
Confirm Email
Username
Password
Confirm Password
Occupation/Description
Address
Country
State
LGA
Post Code
City/Town/Village
House Number/Building Name
Street Name
Means of Identification
Type
National Identification Number

https://pre.cac.gov.ng/register/new
Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Business Name Now In Nigeria by jchioma: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2023
The national policy on ease of doing business in Nigeria is statement for a reduction in the cost of doing business in the country. It focuses on those areas of improving efficiency in business registration, entry process including visa reforms, land reform registrations and contract agreements.

The Evaluation of the National Policy on Ease of Doing ...
european scientific journal https://eujournal.org › esj › article
Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Business Name Now In Nigeria by jchioma: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
Since 2008, the Doing Business in Nigeria series has been receiving much effort to make it easier for entrepreneurs to start and operate a business across Nigeria (DailyPost, 2017). The idea is simple: if entrepreneurs spend fewer resources on regulatory burdens, they will have more time to devote to productive activities. If laws and regulations are clear, accessible and transparent and also enforceable before the courts, the entrepreneurs will be more comfortable doing business with people they do not know, expanding their client and supplier networks.

The Evaluation of the National Policy on Ease of Doing Business in Nigeria Olasunkanmi Olusogo, Olagunju (Department of Political Science, University of Lagos, Nigeria)
Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Business Name Now In Nigeria by jchioma: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
The friendlier an economy is to business operations, the more attractive it is for investments, which is a vital catalyst of economic growth and development. It is argued that the easier it is to establish and run a business, the more investors will be encouraged to invest, and thus more employment is generated. A good business environment also promotes competition and encourages innovation and expansion (World Bank 2013). Doing business in Nigeria could be a wonderful experience when ones business venture thrives. However before success there could be great challenges and difficulties that a new business or startup has to face.
Sound and efficient business regulations are critical for entrepreneurship and a thriving private sector. Without them, there will be no chance of ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity around the country.”

Good Governance and Ease of Doing Business in Nigeria: Problems and Prospects Ndukwe, Oko J.1 Allison, Patricia (Ph. D)
Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Business Name Now In Nigeria by jchioma: 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2023
“Governments have the enormous task of fostering an environment where entrepreneurs and small and medium enterprises can thrive. Rules are much more effective in promoting growth and development when they are efficient, transparent, and accessible to those for whom they are intended. Ease of doing Business is founded on the principle that economic activity benefits from clear rules: rules that allow voluntary exchanges between economic actors…”

Jim, Yong Kim (2018). World Bank Ease of Doing Business ranking for 2018

(1) (Reply)

Another Top-notch Investment For You @ Eko Beach City Lagos. Eunice 08029562694 / Go Global Opportunity / Can Someone Explain To Me How Binance Is Killing Our Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.