Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

My Trust Has Broken Down Completely” – Wole Soyinka Speaks On The Last Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Trust Has Broken Down Completely” – Wole Soyinka Speaks On The Last Election (252 Views)

2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka / INEC: Some Of Our Staff Were Raped During Last Election / Soyinka Speaks On Buhari, Jibrin From Sudan And Identity Theft In Poland (2) (3) (4)

(1)

My Trust Has Broken Down Completely” – Wole Soyinka Speaks On The Last Election by OGReporters: 6:10am On Apr 04, 2023
Nigerian Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, expressed his dissatisfaction with the recent Nigerian elections during an appearance on the Roadmap 2023 program on Channels Television.

Soyinka described the elections as “not exactly the most edifying exercise that we’ve been through” and lamented the lack of restraint displayed by seasoned politicians.

Soyinka had been out of the country for several months and was shocked by the “horrendous narratives” that surrounded the elections upon his return. He noted that his trust in the political system had completely broken down as he read columns and saw Nigerian papers for the first time in months.

While he refrained from commenting on the electoral process, Soyinka stated that he was aware of what was happening in Nigeria and believed that the country was moving towards a situation where the existing mould was going to be broken. He added that there were signs that there would be die-hard opposition to the breaking of that mould.

See more details here: 👇

[url] https://opzygist.com.ng/news/my-trust-has-broken-down-completely-wole-soyinka-reacts-furiously-against-the-last-election/[/url]

Re: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely” – Wole Soyinka Speaks On The Last Election by Mynd44: 6:16am On Apr 04, 2023

(1)

Rivers PDP Supporters Protest With Charms, Local Pots - Times.com.ng / President Buhari Inaugurate National Council For Entrepreneurship (Pictures) / Am Disappointed In Yoruba Nation Yorubawuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.