Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review (14588 Views)

What Are Your Favourite Online Radio Station? / Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter / Songs That Made Your Favourite Nigerian Artistes Blow!!!(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Ex0rrcist: 7:01am On Apr 05, 2023
Sannitimmy:
deezer before but they started feeling themselves. Now it's spotify...Larger library of songs and cheaper subscription cost
Deezer for me too since 2019 better hifi songs, I switched to Spotify late 2020 for same reason as yours.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Ex0rrcist: 7:05am On Apr 05, 2023
Trupz:
YouTube Music by a thousand miles.
Firstly because I'm able to use same subscription for YouTube videos. Secondly, cos its music queuing/suggestion is much more apt than Spotify and Apple Music (used those ones too). Another is the ability to switch YouTube videos into just audios.
The search filter on YouTube music is also more distinctive as that on YouTube music helps you to look up the search term under artist, song, playlist and so on.

I started music streaming with Spotify, then Apple music, then YouTube Music. Have had to return to Spotify as I was unable to renew my YouTube subscription due the Naira debit card restrictions. This has made me appreciate YouTube music more.
I might give YT music a trial sha, lemme see if they got better catalogue especially nigeria oldies that people keep mentioning here.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Manna4Gurls: 7:18am On Apr 05, 2023
From Boom to Audiomack back to Boom and ran to Shazam. Because Shazam doesn't have any type of songs, I quickly move to YouTube music but I now prefer Audiomack rn

I stopped using some of the streaming apps b'cuz of the silly updates. YouTube music is cool, like danm cool
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Honchoslim16(m): 8:18am On Apr 05, 2023
YouTube Music do it better!!
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by PraisesPblaze(m): 8:47am On Apr 05, 2023
Is there audiomack for laptops?

I’ve searched but couldn’t find any
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by glorification(m): 9:46am On Apr 05, 2023
Liballo:
Spotify does it for me !!! They’ve got high-quality streaming and audio quality. Besides the music it offers, Spotify is a great place to listen to podcasts, a feature that isn’t as direct on other platforms and No other streaming service comes close to the plethora of playlists and new discoveries that can be found through Spotify.

Please how did you go about your Spotify registration, course I have tried to register mine on several occasions via my iPhone but it wouldn’t go through?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Amuroba: 9:53am On Apr 05, 2023
deltateam:

Check out Boomplay. It's cool.
I tried boomplay before but you can't compare the catalogue with that of Spotify or YTM.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by updatechange(m): 10:25am On Apr 05, 2023
Martartins:
I use Telegram for my music. Thank you

Idan gan gan… na u sabi pass💯 But a lot of ppl never jasi… as a dj I get 90% of my song from telegram not the tagged trendybeat ones.
Naija music streams does it for me for Naija songs and I still have loads of others for foreign songs.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by vefexam: 10:38am On Apr 05, 2023
fuckboys:
Can I move all my current Spotify playlists to YouTube music?

Unfortunately no.

Just listen to few musics you like and it will auto suggest some that are similar.

That's how I built my playlist from scratch.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by vefexam: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2023
Amuroba:
Are you using the premium? If so, how did you make the payment because naira card and all these yankee online subscription dosen't correspond.

I use a dollar virtual card called Chipper. And I am on a family plan so we are 6 that are paying for it

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Liballo: 11:45am On Apr 05, 2023
glorification:

Please how did you go about your Spotify registration, course I have tried to register mine on several occasions via my iPhone but it wouldn’t go through?
What’s the situation? Like, what is it displaying ?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:46am On Apr 05, 2023
Amuroba:
Are you using the premium? If so, how did you make the payment because naira card and all these yankee online subscription dosen't correspond.

Yes, I'm using the Premium.

I have a platinum mastercard that works for all my naira or USD subscriptions. So far.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by jclassiq(m): 11:58am On Apr 05, 2023
Offpoint1:

There's a religion section there with over 100s religious channels
Lol. I mean English gospel channels bro. I have been using that app for years now.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by teacherbim(f): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2023
Offpoint1:
1. SoundCloud: Love the facts it plays musics that has same patterns with what I searched for.

PC Radio: This bastard has channels dictated to almost all legendary musicians on earth. It's got channels for Olds songs as far back as 18th century. ( I'm hooked on Enya, Eminem and 2pac 24/7)...
(please don't download if you don't have ears for good musics, you won't find your Davido, wizkids, Burnaboy, portable and Co there)

Boom play na trash, hate when I searched for a song it keeps playing same music forever
I've downloaded the app, I don't know how to search for music sad
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by petux(m): 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
PrimadonnaO:
YouTube Music all the way.

I love the intelligence with which it selects song after song for me based on my first choice.

YTMusic knows my heart's yearnings grin

It also gives you the video version of most songs.

Easy UI/UX

Great mixes
Right now I'm listening to a very old band I never thought I'd find on YT.

But alas, it's there and sharp! grin

Love it too because of the related playlist feature but the wahala is too much. Rejects every goddamn card, and exhaust too much data.. Spotify is now bae
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Offpoint1: 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2023
teacherbim:

I've downloaded the app, I don't know how to search for music sad
It's not where you search for music, it's more like a catalog of live streaming. You can only search for artist and stream their music catalog.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by officialfestus(m): 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2023
Samsung music.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by officialfestus(m): 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2023
Amuroba:
grin
You are funny, and anyday you loose your phone nko ?
You start downloading everything again!!
does those streaming apps have a cloud storage?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
petux:

Love it too because of the related playlist feature but the wahala is too much. Rejects every goddamn card, and exhaust too much data.. Spotify is now bae

Owwww. Doesn't reject my card, though

...and I haven't noticed the data bit.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Amuroba: 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2023
officialfestus:
does those streaming apps have a cloud storage?
Yes it does.
You can loose your phone today and login to your new device and voila, all your favourite tracks are back.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Amuroba: 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
fuckboys:
It's easy, go to google and search tunemymusic/dot/com, sign in your Spotify account and also YT account and follow their instructions.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by ponti93(m): 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
Youtube music is the best ,I have tried all the others and it's still the best plus I use it for free.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Surebami(m): 9:23pm On Apr 05, 2023
Offpoint1:
1. SoundCloud: Love the facts it plays musics that has same patterns with what I searched for.

PC Radio: This bastard has channels dictated to almost all legendary musicians on earth. It's got channels for Olds songs as far back as 18th century. ( I'm hooked on Enya, Eminem and 2pac 24/7)...
(please don't download if you don't have ears for good musics, you won't find your Davido, wizkids, Burnaboy, portable and Co there)

Boom play na trash, hate when I searched for a song it keeps playing same music forever

Yeah thanks. Just searched play store and couldn't find it. Do you know the name of the app on the platform.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Trupz: 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
fuckboys:

I am not sure you can move playlists between the two apps
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Online Music Streaming App And Why? A General Review by Trupz: 9:32pm On Apr 05, 2023
Ex0rrcist:

I might give YT music a trial sha, lemme see if they got better catalogue especially nigeria oldies that people keep mentioning here.

A trial will convince you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video: Kcee - Limpopo [download] / Music: Patoranking – Bora Ft. Olamide / Efe Ft Olamide – "Warri" (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.