Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State (49685 Views)

Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud / Chukwuka Utazi Says There Are 60 Police Checkpoints Between Lagos And Onitsha / Lady Shot Dead While Returning From Work In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Omicronvaccine: 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2023
A man identified as Chukwuka Monye, was shot dead by unknown gunmen dressed in police uniforms at Rumuokoro Junction in the Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State on Saturday, April 1, IGBERETV reports.

The deceased who is a volunteer traffic warden was said to be controlling traffic in Rumuokoro, an outskirt of Port Harcourt when the incident happened at about 6pm. He was said to be assisting in clearing the gridlock caused by a downpour.

A source who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the deceased had an issue with some security personnel, but could not give a proper identity of the people.

What I heard was that Chukwuka was arguing with some security people, but I don’t know if they are policemen or not. He is a very quiet person and very intelligent. He is a First Class graduate, 43 years old now. It is very unfortunate what happened to him,” he said

It was learned that the corpse was later retrieved from the scene by policemen and deposited at a morgue in Port Harcourt.

Father of the deceased, John Monye, who is a retired warrant officer, said he was at home when someone used his late son’s telephone number to call him to inform him of the development.

“I was in the house when somebody who said he is my son’s friend used his (Chukwuka) number to call me. That caller said Chukwuka’s corpse was lying on the ground, that they shot him. He said the police shot him, according to what they told him.”

Asked if his son was a cultist or had a problem with anyone, he said, “My son is a quiet boy. He doesn’t make trouble with anybody. Throughout his schooling days, he never had a problem with anybody.

“He is married with three children, a daughter and two sons. My son cannot die like that. I want the government to investigate this matter and find out what happened that led to him being shot.”

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, Grace Iringe-Koko, said the act was perpetrated by gunmen in police uniforms.

“It happened around 6pm on April 1. The man was controlling traffic. I think he has issues with those people because they are not police officers, but gunmen wearing police uniforms were the ones that shot him. Immediately it happened, the Divisional Police Officer swung into action and his corpse was taken to a morgue.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1442422/father-three-shot-dead-helping-control-traffic-rivers-state/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
Another preventable death..

if only WIKE had built good roads with proper drainage system for rivers people.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Reelmii: 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2023
...its now a crime to offer one's self for humanitarian service in Nigeria....may God console those he left behind

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
Again... Speechless

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 04, 2023
SweetPoison22:
Mynd44, OAM4J, Justwise, Dominique Mukina2 Seun, this is IyaebeTheGreat alternate account, created yesterday to troll.

Rule number 19
Let me give you some of my rap lines yo. Ye ye ye I've studied biology to infinity but I was unable to locate the human soul ye!
I'm sure there's God and no second god ye!
I'm not not speaking in terms of peace ye!
But in terms of declaring war ye!
If the British government fail to submit to my banner tomorrow, I'm bombing Poland yo!
Warsaw or Sawwar shall be no more ye!
In order to prove my integrity yo!
I've commanded my first and second battalion to shoot me ye!
But I was above bullet and destruction ye!
Can iyobe rap like this ye
So back off ye !
Peace is what we preach ye!
Ye ye ye
Choke on that and back off me ye!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by SweetPoison22: 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2023
Esortigress:
Let me give you and Lemos14 some of my rap lines yo. Ye ye ye I've studied biology to infinity but I was unable to locate the human soul ye!
If the British government fail to submit to my banner tomorrow, I'm bombing Poland yo!
So back off ye !
Ye ye ye
You will play this track in nairaland prison.

Mynd44 OAM4J Justwise Dominique Mukina2 Seun rule number 19

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Lemos14: 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2023
Esortigress:
Let me give you and Lemos14 some of my rap lines yo. Ye ye ye I've studied biology to infinity but I was unable to locate the human soul ye!
So back off ye !
Ye ye ye

We both know you used chatgpt to generate this because you're not intelligent to come up with such abeg have shame...thank you and God bless

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by didroon43: 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
This is a sad news though. I pray for the fortitude of the family to bear the loss.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
Lemos14:

We both know you used chatgpt to generate this because you're not intelligent to come up with such abeg have shame...thank you and God bless
You kids are just behaving your age. Gush going back to Quora yo

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by CodeTemplar: 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
Their governor used the state money to chase VP ticket of a rejected party for eight solid years. He was making needless donations to fire victims in Sokoto when drainage and air pollution was aggressively ravaging Rivers state.
ND has double the portion of bad leadership Nigeria is under.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
SweetPoison22:
You will play this track in nairaland prison.

Mynd44 OAM4J Justwise Dominique Mukina2 Seun rule number 19
You really think your rant have any effect? You and the lemon boy can keep being delusional but do well to stop mentioning me

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by sotall(m): 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
undecided

If each Nigerian citizen was given opportunity to live in a first world country such as in Europe or the USA or UK , for just 24 hours and return back to the Nigeria, there will be an automatic revolution that will usher in a new Nigeria.

So many rubbish happening in Nigeria are unheard of in other countries.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by inoki247: 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
Rivers state and Cult wahala....

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Chriset(f): 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
I thought it was the popular Chukwuka Monye..

God rest his soul

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by TechCapon(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2023
grin
Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by IamDora(f): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2023
SweetPoison22:
Mynd44, OAM4J, Justwise, Dominique Mukina2 Seun, this is IyaebeTheGreat alternate account, created yesterday to troll.

Rule number 19

Lol grin grin grin

How did u know this dear? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by paymentvoucher: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
They will blame TINUBU soon.... 1, 2, 3..Go....

RIP to the dead..

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Lingudy(m): 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
Another preventable death..

if only WIKE had built good roads with proper drainage system for rivers people.
But according to all I've seen on the internet, the man is really working structure-wise!

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Triangles1(m): 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
RIP
Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by alphaconde(m): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2023
How life is so easy to loose in Nigeria
Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by SirLakes: 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2023
SweetPoison22:
this is IyaebeTheGreat alternate account, created yesterday to troll.

Rule number 19

Sey na nairaland police you be niiii grin grin
Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by femtex007(m): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2023
This is not just right. What even motivate toy to take the life u cannot create?
It's just so unfortunate
Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Houseofglam7(f): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
WTF
Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by MICHEALADEX(m): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
His death met him at the wrong spot
Re: Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State by Sunofgod(m): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
Wike d state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

John Cine Wilcox Retrieves His Joystick From A Bandit In Lagos / Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) / Wallet Thief Got Online Users Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.