Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels (44214 Views)

"Who Gave NATO The Right To Kill Muammar Muhammad Gaddafi ? " ~ Putin Asks / Check Out The Step Taken By Russia To Show Readiness In Case NATO, The USA, And / Who Gave NATO The Right To Kill Gadhafi? – Angry Putin Asked (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by sixtuso(m): 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
Why are they using ENGLISH AND FRENCH in the world affair especially ENGLISH for communication?

1 Like

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by ken6488(m): 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
Needing alliance to face one country means that country is a beast

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by LordReed(m): 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
Where are those who were saying Finland wasn't going to be accepted into NATO. Putin's aggression is ultimately gonna backfire on him and Russia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by JasonScoolari: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
Dindondin:

Mtchew. I ll dash you free to Niger.
Make Finland declare they need fighters. If I won't enroll and personally help me talk sense into Putin's head. Just talk not firing one bullet.
Abi Putin dey ment ni?

Person wey dem suppose carry enter Cele Church do him deliverance to erase his evil thoughts of nukes.
See his face like cat wey never chop.
Na this same mouth land Portable for court oh. grin
Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by LordReed(m): 4:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
JasonScoolari:
A silly mistake they might regret.

Putin is the one with regrets. His Ukraine aggression has given NATO a very valid excuse to expand.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by JasonScoolari: 4:21pm On Apr 04, 2023
LordReed:

Putin is the one with regrets. His Ukraine aggression has given NATO a very valid excuse to expand.
Lets see how long that "expansion" will last.

Don't underestimate Vladimir Putin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by 4ward4: 4:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
DaTruths:
Since 1940s, I never see country wey invade a sovereign country to annex it's Territory..
Na due to this Russia bullying tendencies make all these miniaturized countries dey join NATO.
And Russia has proven them right by invading Ukraine to annex her Territory.

And one thing is certain, on no account would NATO attack Russia first.
So those countries are joining to protect themselves.
But the Truth is that, USA won't take this thing they are doing to Russia.
Taking that Cuban missile crises into account.
USA are hypocrites anyways.

Humans are all hypocrites, but their is a level to that . if a scale for measuring hypocrisy exist, US might be at the bottom.
United State have Evolve and are still evolving in democracy and international relationships.
The Russia and Ukraine just happen to be a media discussion because the United States and its allies gave learnt to control themselves and obey lay down rules.
Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by Dindondin(m): 4:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Na this same mouth land Portable for court oh. grin
Does Finland look like Portable?
Ani Putin get evil spirit. He needs deliverance.
Make NATO catch him lock him for 7 days hire Odumeje + 77 Cele Shepherds make dem flog the nukes outta his body.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by walozanga(m): 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2023
pol23:
Let's see how this will go.... I bet that will be decided on how Ukraine raime palava end.

I doubt Russia will attack though... But I wish Russia show them small pepper.
Russia 🇷🇺 can't do sh*t to them

2 Likes

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by LordReed(m): 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Lets see how long that "expansion" will last.

Don't underestimate Vladimir Putin.

It has been on before Vladimir was born and will outlast him by a good number of years.
Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by JasonScoolari: 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2023
LordReed:

It has been on before Vladimir even knew he could be the leader of Russia and will outlast him by a good number of years.
I trust Putin sha, he knows how to put doubters like you to rest. grin

Finland has offered themselves as sacrifice though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by playerinc(m): 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2023
Finland just made their country a target for nuclear missiles. I wonder if the citizens endorse this move.

1 Like

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by LordReed(m): 4:29pm On Apr 04, 2023
JasonScoolari:
I trust Putin sha, he knows how to put doubters like you to rest. grin

Finland has offered themselves as sacrifice though.

LoLz. That's why Ukrainian farmers are towing Russian tanks off their lands, Putin was so effective. Bwahahahahaha!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by AfahaAbia(m): 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2023
Seductress4:
They can't do anything.
The way you people overhype Russians sef

But Russia invaded Ukraine and you that lick American ass couldn't do anything about it

1 Like

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by JasonScoolari: 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. That's why Ukrainian farmers are towing Russian tanks off their lands, Putin was so effective. Bwahahahahaha!
Don't cry for Putin sanction oohhh!!! Just enjoy the show. grin

1 Like

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by LordReed(m): 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
playerinc:
Finland just their country a target for nuclear missiles. I wonder if the citizens endorse this move.

That is if Russian nukes are even still in operational condition. They might have been grounded due to corruption but even if they weren't Russia is not ready to make that commit, all that nuclear threat is braggadocio.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by LordReed(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Don't cry for Putin sanction oohhh!!! Just enjoy the show. grin

Huh? What are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by sparko1(m): 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
Deeprooted:
All these alliance because of Russia!

I wish their resources can be channelled towards curtailing or total elimination of terrorists and the religion of pieces AKA Islam!

You think it's because of Russia, no! An alliance like this is to share resource, and be part of a bigger better force.

1 Like

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by kmaster007: 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
Russian no fit do anything
JasonScoolari:
Russia has given them the first warning
Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by TenQ: 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
nairalanda1:
On the one hand, Finalnd should not do this really. Russia just does not want to be surrounded by enemies...which is why it is acting the way it acts. If you guys read Russian history, Russia has been invaded too many times because it has a very long land border, and enemies can easily penetrate without bothering about a response. That's why it does not want Ukraine to join NATO...plus Ukraine even sits on a very weak point in Russia's defences.

On the other hand, Finland does not trust Moscow. At the end, they were 1) colonised by Russia, 2) fought russia in recent memory 3) If Russia decided that it was in its interest to bomb Finland, they would....and no one would bat an eyelid. Looking at Ukraine, in times like this, one has to sign up to be America's lapdog so that Russia won't bother you much.

(Sometimes global affairs resembles Mafia affairs. Countries comming under the protection of the local Mafia warlord to protect them from another Mafia warlord. Maybe La Cosa Nostra was unto something).

That's why anyone backing a side is backing one warlord against another. Make we Nigerians just siddon look. Anyone backing NATO, USA or Rossiya should stop. If it is in their interest to bomb us to the pre-cambrian era....they will do it, and the world will look on. There are no good guys here. Just humans engaging in a (you know what) measuring contest. Like the Babylonians, Persians and Egyptians once did...

P.S

Funny now that I have been attacked by both American and Russian fanboys. Well, as far as I know, this war has no side. At the end, humans should calm down and think sanely.
Russia has never invaded any neighbouring country!

Why are Russia's neighbors afraid of Russia?
Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by nairalanda1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
TenQ:

Russia has never invaded any neighbouring country!

Why are Russia's neighbors afraid of Russia?

Hmm, a lot of countries and peoples would love to disagree with you.

Especially the Finns. Most especially the Finnish people. And some Afghans with very long memories.

3 Likes

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by TenQ: 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Hmm, a lot of countries and peoples would love to disagree with you.

Especially the Finns. Most especially the Finnish people. And some Afghans with very long memories.
You didn't answer my questions
1. Has Russia been friendly with her neighbours?
2. Why are Russia's neighbors afraid of her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by nairalanda1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 04, 2023
TenQ:

You didn't answer my questions
1. Has Russia been friendly with her neighbours?
2. Why are Russia's neighbors afraid of her?

Has US too not caused a lot of problems around the world?

No good nations, only interests.

I am not answering your questions, because they are irrelevant.

No good nations. For your sake, don't take any sides. Hope that everyone comes to their senses.

1 Like

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by Leebeedo(m): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2023
I miss working at NATO ....that was the most peaceful and serene moment of my life
Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by uniquetechng: 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

They also attacked, drove off , murdered hundreds of the natives, and brought in immigrants to replace them..mostly white immigrants.

Even where they signed treaties, they eventually repudiated them, and broke them with no compunction.

Sometimes they bought, but most of the time, it was violence galore.

(Yes , I have read US histroy, and yes, the russians too were violent)

If it is any comfort, most nations are like that. UK was formed by people coming from Germany and displacing and forcefully assimilating most of the natives. That's why they speak English and not a language similar to Welsh or Scots Gaelic.
At least you admitted that US sometimes bought, can you say the same for Russia ?
Most US invasion were recorded by history but I have witnessed the news of Russian invasion since 1992.
Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by Nyanabo(m): 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2023
A country to be proud of. Not this shit hole that still uses zoning to decide its leaders, catchment areas to decides who goes to school, or religion to decides who get what.
Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by nairalanda1(m): 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2023
uniquetechng:
At least you admitted that US sometimes bought, can you say the same for Russia ?
Most US invasion were recorded by history but I have witnessed the news of Russian invasion since 1992.

Well, there is the Winter War, the Afghan war, and the many wars that Russia fought over the years to form the Russian empire by the 19th century.

Also, Russia invaded Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania in 1939-40.

Let's even talk about Hungary 1956, and the Czechs in 1968....(Poland would have joined them in 81, if Jaruzelski hadn't done martial law).

Finland used to be a colony of Russia once. And yes, they got invaded again by the same Russians in 1939...20 years after independence.

All those I mentioned predate 1992. Also, in 1992, Russia was too weak to attack anyone anyways.

Like Russia, like the USA, like many nations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by Minjim: 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Russia has given them the first warning

If Putin has balls, he should go pick on Finland
Re: NATO: The Moment Finland's Flag Was Raised In Brussels by Minjim: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2023
uniquetechng:

irst Chechen War, 1994–1997
Second Chechen War, 1999–2000
Russo-Georgian War, 2008
Russo-Ukrainian War, 2014–
2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_invasion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) / Man Beheads 70-Year-Old Farmer In Ghana / Photos: Kenyan Maid Accused Of Using Urine To Cook For Her Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.