Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. (3095 Views)

Antonio Guterres: The World Is On The Edge Of An Abyss (Pix, Video) / The World Is At Pivotal Moment - Antonio Guterres (Pictures) / U.S. Army Sergeant Demoted For Dumping 3 Humvees Worth N238m From Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by BidenDTrounced: 12:18am On Apr 05, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

What did you want the US to do about Khashoggi? Even if he was a US citizen killed in the Saudi Consulate?
If the SAUDIS can't rise up against MBS for the killing of Khashoggi, why should the US AND BIDEN stick their noses there?
Biden threatened hail and brimestones to sanction SA for Khashogg during his campaign. . . when he was finally elected, he got stuck and gave MBS immunity. cheesy It was unfortunate. . .BUT THE US COULD NOT ACT no matter how much they wanted to.
Donald Trump was an "A-grade" international-political agbero. . . He did not even think twice about the situation and stayed away from it all.
As far as Trump was concerned. . . .AMERICA AND AMERICANS CAME FIRST.

The US represents a lot of unsavoury things, but they have to play serious diplomatic roles that will not jeopardize the lives of the US citizens. Just like what OBJ did with Cameroun concerning Bakassi.(with his own selfish interest of course!)

The reason the US under Bush took all the Saudi citizens in the the US safely back to Saudi Arabia immediately after the 9-11 attacks.
If it had escalated. . . it would have been terrible. The only recourse, was to go after Osama Bin Laden.

That is why we have diplomats. They work in the best interest of the collective MANY, not the few minorities.
Ethically-speaking, . . . .I cannot be a diplomat. How they sleep well at night, I do no know.
You always have to sacrifice a few for so many. THE FEW LIKE KHASHOGGI AND THEIR FAMILIES WILL CRY FOR EVER. . .WHILE THE REST OF THE SAUDIS GO ON WITH LIFE AS USUAL. . .

It is complicated.
Your statement long gan.
I've concluded this topic already so I'll only highlight some interesting areas from your post and rephrase them.
What did you want the US to do about Khashoggi (a US citizen that wasn't killed on US soil)?
The question is what did the US do about Khashoggi? (You only mentioned threats)
What would the US have done if it was a country that wasn't as influential and powerful as Saudi Arabia?
Did the US impose sanctions on Korea(DPRK)?Zimbabwe? Yes

Why didn't the SAUDIS rise up against MBS for the killing of Khashoggi? The majority of Saudi citizens found Khashoggi to be a traitor and agent of destabilization/division groomed by the US to make thier country a Libya 2.0 He wasn't missed by many.

You said Biden threatened hail and brimestones to sanction Saudi. Shireen Abu Akleh was also a US citizen and a Journalist (that wasn't killed on US soil). She got a cold treatment because she had no political value to the schemings of Washington.
Your writings and admissions further buttresses the fact that Khashoggi had indeed been a tool crafted by the US to orchestrate the breakdown of peace and order in an attempt to overthrow the legitimate govt of Saudi Arabia.

You said
"That is why we have diplomats. They work in the best interest of the collective MANY, not the few minorities."
This closely mirrors my earlier statement
"Meanwhile, countries that do not abandon thier national interests by refusing to jump on the isolation/sanction bandwagon of the West gets a lecture. Sermons that the West itself doesn't practice.."

Biden went begging for oil and the Saudi Prince proved himself to be an excellent negotiator. He acquired revenue for his country while simultaneously placing Biden in his place. Brilliant diplomacy. Very brilliant.

Khashoggi is another classic example of a person that allied himself to a country under the leadership of a man that's not worthy of trust or loyalty. He allowed himself to be used.

Meanwhike, real journalists like Shireen Abu Akleh gets the cold shoulder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:06am On Apr 05, 2023
Habaaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . your own tori came long pass my own. cheesy
I will be brief. . .Promise.

BidenDTrounced:

Your statement long gan.
I've concluded this topic already so I'll only highlight some interesting areas from your post and rephrase them.
What did you want the US to do about Khashoggi (a US citizen that wasn't killed on US soil)?
The question is what did the US do about Khashoggi? (You only mentioned threats)
What would the US have done if it was a country that wasn't as influential and powerful as Saudi Arabia?

You want to compare Korea(DPRK) or Zimbabwe to Saudi Arabia?
Simple answer. . .Not member of OPEC or G-20 countries and the US cannot suffer any consequences/backlash from such sanctions.

BidenDTrounced:
Why didn't the SAUDIS rise up against MBS for the killing of Khashoggi? The majority of Saudi citizens found Khashoggi to be a traitor and agent of destabilization/division groomed by the US to make thier country a Libya 2.0 He wasn't missed by many.

Well good. . . .he was once a member of their government, he should have known the price for freedom.
He paid the price. . . He should have stayed put in the US. Others will learn from his mistake.
Not worth getting US involved. The CIA has their own share of internal and external foul plays to deal with so, who are they to point fingers?

BidenDTrounced:
You said Biden threatened hail and brimestones to sanction Saudi. Shireen Abu Akleh was also a US citizen and a Journalist (that wasn't killed on US soil). She got a cold treatment because she had no political value to the schemings of Washington.
Your writings and admissions further buttresses the fact that Khashoggi had indeed been a tool crafted by the US to orchestrate the breakdown of peace and order in an attempt to overthrow the legitimate govt of Saudi Arabia.

I disagree on both statements
1. Shireen A Akleh was killed IN THE WEST BANK. . .A PALESTINIAN-AMERICAN journalist for Al Jazeera for 25 years. She did not live in AMERICA.
She was doing her job, like a military personnel at war. Let's just say. . .she was collateral damage. caught up in a cross-fire. She was more Palestinian than AMERICAN. Was she working for the US? Nope. Once again. . . very little concern for the US. Al Jazeera will take care of her affairs, as their employee.

2. Same with Khashoggi. Freedom comes with a price. Again, he was an independent Saudi journalist. Not an American citizen. He wrote independently for the Washington Post. This was a man that once worked with Osama Bin Laden. He only lived in the US from 2017 -2018. Once again. . .Not the business of the US to get involved.

BidenDTrounced:
You said
"That is why we have diplomats. They work in the best interest of the collective MANY, not the few minorities."
"Meanwhile, countries that do not abandon thier national interests by refusing to jump on the isolation/sanction bandwagon of the West gets a lecture. Sermons that the West itself doesn't practice.."

Life is not fair. . . .That is just the way it is. Happens everywhere in the world, including Nigeria.
Only the strongest survive.

BidenDTrounced:
Biden went begging for oil and the Saudi Prince proved himself to be an excellent negotiator. He acquired revenue for his country while simultaneously placing Biden in his place. Brilliant diplomacy. Very brilliant.

Strictly business. When you have both the knife and the yam. . . no one can question you on how to cut, cook or it!
You can only share if you choose to, on your own terms only.

BidenDTrounced:
Khashoggi is another classic example of a person that allied himself to a country under the leadership of a man that's not worthy of trust or loyalty. He allowed himself to be used.

They were not allies. They were independent people. . . working on their own. Not used by the US under any circumstance/s.
They both died because of the life circumstances they were born in. Both died fighting for freedom of expresion.
Nothing to to with the US. . . both killed near their homes. . . PALESTINE AND SAUDI ARABIA.

Dele Giwa paid the same price right here in Nigeria.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by BidenDTrounced: 4:00am On Apr 05, 2023
Habaaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . your own tori came long pass my own. cheesy
You bombarded me na grin

KanwuliaExtra:

I disagree on both statements
1. Shireen A Akleh was killed IN THE WEST BANK. . .A PALESTINIAN-AMERICAN journalist for Al Jazeera for 25 years. She did not live in AMERICA.
She was doing her job.

2. Same with Khashoggi. Freedom comes with a price. Again, he was an independent Saudi journalist. Not an American citizen. He wrote independently for the Washington Post. This was a man that once worked with Osama Bin Laden. He only lived in the US from 2017 -2018. Once again. . .Not the business of the US to get involved.

They were not allies.

We can disagree to agree.
"They were not allies."
Jamal Khashoggi had ties to the CIA and was under the influence of the CIA.

"He only lived in the US from 2017 -2018."
Jamal Khashoggi graduated from the Indiana State University.
As a Saudi national (by nature of his birth in Saudi Arabia), he wasn't permitted to obtain any foreign citizenship or swear allegiance to any other country.
Some say he had a US Visa, others say he had a green card.
Denying Khashoggi's US citizenship was just a diplomatic maneuver to save face.
I already covered other bases so I won't make further comments on them.
But when you think of it, you'll ask yourself why the US made so much fuss over someone that they eventually labelled a non US citizen, even up to the extent of, by your own admittance, threatening sanctions against Saudi Arabia but lost it's zeal when it came to the targetted shooting of an actual US citizen by a state actor (Israel) just for the 'crime' of reporting the crimes committed by Israel in it's illegal occupation and annexation of Palestine.

1 Share

Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by lereinter(m): 5:53am On Apr 05, 2023
why has the price not fallen in nigeria?
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 05, 2023
Nothing weh Muslims no go post ... All this islamic news websites... Posting rubbish... Una think say USA no wise.. islamic times... See them useless people...Una no fit do anything.. us dollar will continue to dominate
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by michlins(m): 7:03am On Apr 05, 2023
The countries accused of dumping the dollar are still jumping on USA loans and bonds.

These loans are to be repaid in dollars

Yimu
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by descartes400: 8:02am On Apr 05, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Propaganda, fake news.

Na cowries you want to use to import?

Nigeria that is using naira to buy naira.

You guys are funny.

You know nothing, John Snow!
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by MasterJayJay: 8:12am On Apr 05, 2023
descartes400:

You know nothing, John Snow!
You know nonsense very well. Enjoy your delusion.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by descartes400: 8:13am On Apr 05, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

What did you want the US to do about Khashoggi? Even if he was a US citizen killed in the Saudi Consulate?
If the SAUDIS can't rise up against MBS for the killing of Khashoggi, why should the US AND BIDEN stick their noses there?
Biden threatened hail and brimestones to sanction SA for Khashogg during his campaign. . . when he was finally elected, he got stuck and gave MBS immunity. cheesy It was unfortunate. . .BUT THE US COULD NOT ACT no matter how much they wanted to.
Donald Trump was an "A-grade" international-political agbero. . . He did not even think twice about the situation and stayed away from it all.
As far as Trump was concerned. . . .AMERICA AND AMERICANS CAME FIRST.

The US represents a lot of unsavoury things, but they have to play serious diplomatic roles that will not jeopardize the lives of the US citizens. Just like what OBJ did with Cameroun concerning Bakassi.(with his own selfish interest of course!)

The reason the US under Bush took all the Saudi citizens in the the US safely back to Saudi Arabia immediately after the 9-11 attacks.
If it had escalated. . . it would have been terrible. The only recourse, was to go after Osama Bin Laden.

That is why we have diplomats. They work in the best interest of the collective MANY, not the few minorities.
Ethically-speaking, . . . .I cannot be a diplomat. How they sleep well at night, I do no know.
You always have to sacrifice a few for so many. THE FEW LIKE KHASHOGGI AND THEIR FAMILIES WILL CRY FOR EVER. . .WHILE THE REST OF THE SAUDIS GO ON WITH LIFE AS USUAL. . .

It is complicated.

Welcome to the world of diplomacy and international relations/politics
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by descartes400: 8:22am On Apr 05, 2023
BidenDTrounced:

Your statement long gan.

You said

The Khashoggi of a guy must really have been double threat to Saudi National interest with the way they dealt with him. They must have invited an aboki butcher from one of those northern markets to do him in.

1 Like

Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Kojochyke(m): 8:25am On Apr 05, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Propaganda, fake news.

You guys are funny.
Dey play..
If u like, wear boxers for head..
Change is blowing, even African nations r pushing back small small. Ask Macron.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Kojochyke(m): 8:39am On Apr 05, 2023
Hotice085:

Economic wetin!
Boy it is dead on arrival..have you asked the Chinese which currency do they hold most of their reserves in?
Switzerland and Luxembourg economy puts together will make Russia economy Chicken feed go ask yourself why?
Lemme tell you something IMF and World bank can kill the Chinese economy if it comes to the grind, not to talk of America and the EU
Take your time and research on SOFT POWER and understand how powerful it is when it comes to Economic matters
Even the legal system of a country is a pointer for economic development
Calm down joor... Na pipo form IMF n those things wen u mention.
Uniform na cloth, and na tailor dey sew am.
Just chill n watch, I know u already picked a side, n u r now a die hard supporter to that side so u wont view things clearly.
But trust me, the US is rattled.
They wont tell u openly for now, but their economists have been running around trying to make consultations.
UK used to be d center, they shrank.
Don't underestimate small countries cos u think u r powerful.
Right now many countries r telling their former colonial masters to back off.
Ask Macron wat happened wen he came to Africa.

Na small small plantain take dey ripe.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by MasterJayJay: 9:10am On Apr 05, 2023
Kojochyke:
Dey play..
If u like, wear boxers for head..
Change is blowing, even African nations r pushing back small small. Ask Macron.

Macron is an African president? Chai!!

Who did this to you people?
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Hotice085: 9:44am On Apr 05, 2023
Kojochyke:
Calm down joor... Na pipo form IMF n those things wen u mention.
Uniform na cloth, and na tailor dey sew am.
Just chill n watch, I know u already picked a side, n u r now a die hard supporter to that side so u wont view things clearly.
But trust me, the US is rattled.
They wont tell u openly for now, but their economists have been running around trying to make consultations.
UK used to be d center, they shrank.
Don't underestimate small countries cos u think u r powerful.
Right now many countries r telling their former colonial masters to back off.
Ask Macron wat happened wen he came to Africa.

Na small small plantain take dey ripe.

Ogbeni, Dem no de price monkey wey de on top of tree but monkey wey de market
You are just speculating and at the same time contradicting yourself, all the countries I have mentioned against Russia and China are all small countries except India

And let me this clear, I only take sides with every country that practices a government where the opposition government are free and without intimidation
I can NEVER support Russia China or North Korea where the President is the alpha and Omega, that is why they can never take over America

1 Like

Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Kojochyke(m): 11:37am On Apr 05, 2023
Hotice085:

Ogbeni, Dem no de price monkey wey de on top of tree but monkey wey de market
You are just speculating and at the same time contradicting yourself, all the countries I have mentioned against Russia and China are all small countries except India

And let me this clear, I only take sides with every country that practices a government where the opposition government are free and without intimidation
I can NEVER support Russia China or North Korea where the President is the alpha and Omega, that is why they can never take over America
and u think in America, opposition members are not armstrung right?
They know the type of blackmail they employ.
Even fake blackmail.

Am busy ryt now, if not I would have given u instances.

1 Like

Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Kojochyke(m): 11:42am On Apr 05, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Macron is an African president? Chai!!

Who did this to you people?
u only read, u nor understand.
Read it again
Then again for u to understand....

I kno u wont decipher, so lemme explain to you..
I never said Macron is an African President.
I said countries r standing up, even African countries.
Ask Macron, he was in some African countries of late.
African leaders were not ready for his colonial lectures, they told him to his face, not bullsh!t.

If u r not aware, go figure.

Next time broaden ur scope before jumping into comments. Learn to read properly.

No more comments for u on this!
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Hotice085: 11:49am On Apr 05, 2023
Kojochyke:
and u think in America, opposition members are not armstrung right?
They know the type of blackmail they employ.
Even fake blackmail.

Am busy ryt now, if not I would have given u instances.

Anytime give me the instance, and don't forget to give me Russia and China instances too?
I de wait anytime
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Chizaam2008: 2:09pm On Apr 05, 2023
There is no going back.
More countries will join BRICS.
The dollar will have to be an alternative currency subject to demand and supply.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by colonelwealth(m): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
Hotice085:

India needs no one at all, few years from now they will be number 1 in population. They and China are what matters most in BRICS but both can never see eye to eye on things, the Chinese will tell you INDIA is the only country they fear aside America
Russia is a paper tiger the only noise they make is NUCLEAR this nuclear that, aside Moscow and St Petersburg the rest of Russia is just Africa all thanks to POOtin
Brazil will only do business with China in Yuan but any other country forget, they are too enlightened exposed and westerned to listen to the likes of tyrant POOtin who wants to rule Russia till he dies
Don't mention South Africa, Nigeria with less than 4000MW is still Africas number one you de mention South Africa for world economy

Boy, Small Germany exports more than the Russia alone yet you de mention BRICS.... ogbeni lemme go feed my chickens

Bro, you are just an American fan boy.
Alot of the things you said up there are fallacies intended to misinform unsuspecting or uninformed public.
Don't allow yourself to be played by the western controlled media and soft power influence...seek for true unbaised knowledge.

US is as good as her allies.....Russia has now understood that game and joining in on it, which the Chinese understood long ago and has been perfecting....Saudi Arabia has also understood that allies that don't undermine you arrogantly but respect you are the best allies to have...same as other countries like Brazil, South Africa and etc.

There is a reason Turkey and India despite their much closeness to the west and US....alligns in alot of issues with Russia.

Turkey&India refused to sanction Russia also and see Russia as dependable partner...even Isreal too to some extent.

India may not agree with China in alot of things due to rivalry but they trust the Russians unmeddling partnership.

Russia is as powerful as the US in most sectors except for soft power&economy which the Russians didn't see the need to pursue aggressively because they operate a policy of 'internal convenience& contentment'....however they have learnt the hard way the need to do so and expand due to unnecessary NATO aggression towards them.

If Russia wasn't as powerful as your claimed why does NATO( an alligence of over 18 nations) see Russia as their biggest threat and operates a policy of containment with Russia.

Russia has one of the largest, equipped, innovative and modern armed battle tested military&talented security forces, vast innovative science &tech industry, Powerful space science&rocketry industry, abundance of vital natural&mineral resources, huge agro industry that makes them way self sufficient and feed the world due to huge fertile land mass, the 3rd&2nd largest foreign reserves in cash and gold which is way above what the US has as savings, least indebted, with over 2trillion dollars economy more than enough for her less than 200milliom people.(Russia runs a prudent economy)
The only thing the Russians lack is global economic spread and soft power(media, cultural & entertainment)...which they have have awoken to.

This Ukraine war as turned out to awaken Russians...the west has succeeded in pushing the Russians to enter into the game of global dominance with them and guess what...Russia is sending shivers down their spine.
Examples of some of the things Russia has been able to achieve within this little time..

*Internal economic depth, self dependence and economic cooperation shift towards the east and other blocs.
*Military rejuvenation (which has gradually been ongoing before the Ukraine conflict)
*Reawakened national interest in geopolitics and national patriotism towards Russian agendas
*Diplomatic and military influence spread across the world...e.g take a look at some french colonies where Russia is steadily exerting her influence to displace the french(central African republic, Mali, Burkina Faso, Congo DRP, Haiti, Guinea etc)
Even in English colonies(India, Pakistan, Uganda etc even Nigeria)
In Arab world, China, Eastern Europe e.g Serbia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Germany, Turkey, Moldova, Georgia, Khazastan, Turkmenistan, Targiristan etc...even the Saudis.
In south America(Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua etc)
The whole of south east Asia of Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand etc.
*Financial payment and monetary system change.....the Russians has succeeded in pushing for changes(decline) in the use of petroDollars as the world's means of exchange&reserve....they have helped push for the Yuen, Rubble and now the Rupee as alternatives..with some of the top 20 biggest economies in their allegance fold they will challenge the US dollar head on.....more countries in Southeast Asia have joined in.
*More countries now, see Russia as dependable ally who do not meddle or manipulate so they are opening up their doors to Russian interests which is are bankrolled by Chinese financial muscle.
*RUSSIA has successfully created a bipolar world ..something most nations have been longed for.
Remember North Korea and Iran are another powerful military allies of Russia and not to forget Belarus.
And with their seat at the UN permanent security council, they are near untouchable in terms of powerful influence.

For the full NATO to join forces with other non NATO apologist(Japan,South Korea, Australia etc) against Russia and China....that should tell you that those two are way powerful and dreaded by the west.

Ukraine and NATO continues to learn in a harse way about the Russian power, capabilities and resolve....in all this Russia's territorial integrity and security remains intact and solid.

The Russians have a rich history of geopolitical power play and military excellent backing them and with a modern leader powered by passion for his country's sovereignty.

Fear Russia, underrate them at your own peril.

The US (NATO) may have won the contest by Finland joining NATO but they are losing the bigger war of growing Russian influence and dominance internally in Russia and around the world.

1 Like

Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by MasterJayJay: 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
Kojochyke:
u only read, u nor understand.
Read it again
Then again for u to understand....

I kno u wont decipher, so lemme explain to you..
I never said Macron is an African President.
I said countries r standing up, even African countries.
Ask Macron, he was in some African countries of late.
African leaders were not ready for his colonial lectures, they told him to his face, not bullsh!t.

If u r not aware, go figure.

Next time broaden ur scope before jumping into comments. Learn to read properly.

No more comments for u on this!

Delusion grandeur! Your country is using us dollars as its foreign reserve.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Zallotti: 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2023
Sorry oooooo.
Dealing with 'spam-bot' nonsense.
Sorry for the bombastic bombardment. cheesy
I yammu h-enjoying the discussion tooooo musssssssssssh.

BidenDTrounced:

You bombarded me na grin

We can disagree to agree.
"They were not allies."
Jamal Khashoggi had ties to the CIA and was under the influence of the CIA.

"He only lived in the US from 2017 -2018."
Jamal Khashoggi graduated from the Indiana State University.
As a Saudi national (by nature of his birth in Saudi Arabia), he wasn't permitted to obtain any foreign citizenship or swear allegiance to any other country.

Now you can understand the level of danger he was toying with dealing with his own country.
He had all the secrets and was seen as a double agent, now you have mentioned he had ties with the CIA.
America does not give ANYTHING without getting SOMETHING in return.
He may have gone to school in the US. . . He paid his fees. . . very high fees too.
He was not an American no matter the ties.
Bottom line? He was on self-exile.

BidenDTrounced:

Some say he had a US Visa, others say he had a green card.
Denying Khashoggi's US citizenship was just a diplomatic maneuver to save face.
I already covered other bases so I won't make further comments on them.

You have to deal with facts.
No, he did not have resideny. . . HE NEVER HAD RESIDENCY. He was on exile.
The best he could get was 'assylum'. . . like he had in the UK for many years.
The US does not stick out its neck for non-US citizens. Simple.

BidenDTrounced:

But when you think of it, you'll ask yourself why the US made so much fuss over someone that they eventually labelled a non US citizen, even up to the extent of, by your own admittance, threatening sanctions against Saudi Arabia but lost it's zeal when it came to the targetted shooting of an actual US citizen by a state actor (Israel) just for the 'crime' of reporting the crimes committed by Israel in it's illegal occupation and annexation of Palestine.

Just for human rights advocacy, which was simply what other countries called for.
That is why the case is best suited for any human rights' courts, nothing to go to war about.
I reminded you that 15 members of the terrorist quad of 9-11 werefrom SAUDI ARABIA.
What did the US do? Osama Bin Laden's capture was used to pacifier the AMERICANS instead of going to war with SAUDI ARABIA.
Remember he has about 25 or more children still back in Saudi Arabia. They have all been compensated HANDSOMELY or threatened to silence. They are forbidden to leave Saudi Arabia and you want the US to do WHAT? grin
You think the US is run by people with lowcognitive, intellectual or emotional IQ?

Please, I can't add anything to the Shireen's case. You cannot claim to be an AMERICAN citizen just for the benefits of it. She never lived in the US, she worked for Al Jazeera, and was fighting for Palestinian courses IN THE WEST BANK when she was killed. Nothing to add.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Zallotti: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Propaganda, fake news.

You guys are funny.

It has started in NIgeria. . . to be continued all over AFRICA!
It is inevitable.

Process of Ditching US Dollar ‘Irreversible’

April, 05, 2023 - 12:14 Economy news

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – French-based newspaper ‘Le Figaro’ in its latest article on Wednesday wrote that most countries in the world are presently preparing themselves to sideline US dollar in their transactions and this process is “irreversible”.
Most world countries are currently willing to ditch the American greenback and Washington has pushed itself into this situation, French analyst Reno Gerard wrote in the article.

He said the Americans have used their currency as a tool for political pressure on other countries which has caused a global movement for toppling the US dollar.

He described the process of removing and ditching the US dollar as “irreversible”.

Many countries want to get rid of the US dollar domination on global transactions in order to protect themselves against the whims of the White House.

He also pointed to the programs adopted by BRICS (including Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries to launch an exclusive currency for trading and also China Interbank Electronic Settlement which is the rival to the Western-dominated SWIFT system.

It is too soon to say farewell to the US dollar but many countries in the world want to carry this out ASAP.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Zallotti: 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
Nigeria and BRICS

https://guardian.ng/opinion/nigerias-membership-of-brics/

Unfortunately, Nigeria has not joined this group because of obvious national fundamentals that are largely in deficit. As some informed observers have posed the question, what is Nigeria bringing to the table given the reality that most of the core countries in BRICS are industrialised? Nigeria’s singular linkage to the global economy is oil, and that has itself become a resource curse. With an OPEC allocation of about 1.8 million barrels per day, the country is barely able to meet the quota in an industry where oil theft is put daily at about 360, 000 barrels.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Kojochyke(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Am delusional, u r shallow.
Did I tell u d dollar has been suspended worldwide?
The bone of contention is that other currencies are getting stronger n reliance on dollar is reducing.. And u r there in ur dirty room trying to throw jibes cos u lack proper cognitive.
Be fuulin urself, while world events are happening.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Hotice085: 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2023
colonelwealth:

Bro, you are just an American fan boy.
Alot of the things you said up there are fallacies intended to misinform unsuspecting or uninformed public.
Don't allow yourself to be played by the western controlled media and soft power influence...seek for true unbaised knowledge.

US is as good as her allies.....Russia has now understood that game and joining in, which China understood long ago and has been perfecting....Saudi Arabia has also understood that allies that don't undermine you but respect you are the best allies to have...same as other countries like Brazil, South Africa and etc.

There is a reason Turkey and India despite their much closeness to the west and US....alligns in alot of issues with Russia.

Turkey&India refused to sanction Russia also and see Russia as dependable partners..even Isreal too some extent.

India may not agree with China in alot of things due to rivalry but they trust the Russian unmeddling partnership.

Russia is as powerful as the US in most sectors except for soft power&economy which the Russians didn't see the need to pursue aggressively because they operate a policy of 'internal convenience'....however they have learnt the need to do so and expand due to NATO aggression towards them.

If Russia wasn't as powerful as your claimed why does NATO( an alligence of over 18 nations) see Russia as their biggest threat and operates a policy of containment with Russia.

Russia has one of the largest, equipped, innovative and modern armed battle tested military, vast innovative science &tech industry, Powerful space science&rocketry industry, abundance of natural&mineral resources, huge agro industry that makes them way self sufficient and feed the world, the 3rd&2nd largest foreign reserves in cash and gold which is way above what the US has as savings, least indebted, with over 2trillion dollars economy more than enough for her less than 200milliom people.(Russia runs a prudent economy)
The only thing the Russian lack is global economic spread and soft power(media, cultural & entertainment)...which they have have awoken to.

This Ukraine war as turned out to awaken Russia...the west has succeeded in pushing the Russians to enter into the game of global dominance with them and guess what...Russia is sending shivers down their spine.
Examples of some of the things Russia has been able to achieve within this little time..

*Internal economic depth, self dependence and economic cooperation shift towards the east and other blocs.
*Military rejuvenation (which has gradually been ongoing before the Ukraine conflict)
*Reawakened national interest in geopolitics and national patriotism towards Russian agendas
*Diplomatic and military influence spread across the world...e.g take a look at some french colonies where Russia is steadily exerting her influence to displace the french(central African republic, Mali, Burkina Faso, Congo DRP, Haiti, Guinea etc)
Even in English colonies(India, Pakistan, Uganda etc even Nigeria)
In Arab world, China, Eastern Europe e.g Serbia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Germany, Turkey, Moldova, Georgia, Khazastan, Turkmenistan, Targiristan etc.
In south America(Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua etc)
The whole of south east Asia of Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand etc.
*Financial payment and monetary system change.....the Russians has succeeded in pushing for changes inuse of petroDollars as the world's means of exchange&reserve....they have helped push for the Yuen, Rubble and now the Rupee as alternatives..with some of the top 20 biggest economies in their allegance fold they will challenge the US dollar head on.....more countries in Southeast Asia have joined in.
*More countries now, see Russia as dependable ally who do not meddle or manipulate so they are opening up their doors to Russian interests which is are bankrolled by Chinese financial muscle.
*RUSSIA has successfully created a bipolar world ..something most nations have been hoping for.
Remember North Korea and Iran are another powerful allies of Russia

For the full NATO to join forces with other non NATO apologist(Japan,South Korea, Australia etc) against Russia and China....that should tell you that those two are way powerful and dreaded by the west.

Ukraine and NATO continues to learn in a harse way about the Russian power, capabilities and resolve....in all this Russia's territorial integrity and security remains intact and solid.

The Russians has a rich history of geopolitical power play and military excellent backing them with a modern leader powered by passion for his country's sovereignty.

Fear Russia, underrate them at your own peril.

The US (NATO) may have won the contest by Finland joining NATO but they are losing the bigger war of growing Russian influence and dominance internally in Russia around the world.

Blah blah blah blah blah wetin you de write...

I for answer you but since I see you just blah blah blah blah lemme just tell you in one sentence

I am no fan of America but a fan of any system where power balance is even, Democracy.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 06, 2023
Hotice085:

India needs no one at all, few years from now they will be number 1 in population. They and China are what matters most in BRICS but both can never see eye to eye on things, the Chinese will tell you INDIA is the only country they fear aside America
Russia is a paper tiger the only noise they make is NUCLEAR this nuclear that, aside Moscow and St Petersburg the rest of Russia is just Africa all thanks to POOtin
Brazil will only do business with China in Yuan but any other country forget, they are too enlightened exposed and westerned to listen to the likes of tyrant POOtin who wants to rule Russia till he dies
Don't mention South Africa, Nigeria with less than 4000MW is still Africas number one you de mention South Africa for world economy

Boy, Small Germany exports more than the Russia alone yet you de mention BRICS.... ogbeni lemme go feed my chickens

I've read your comments , you sound intelligent but you still have no idea of what you're talking about. All that I see is a dollar fanboy. It's normal. You're probably living in the US, and want the dollar dominance so that you can feel proud when you send small $1000 back home and have it in thousands of naira. Humans!!
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Other currencies are growing stronger. And Dollar reliance might not be that powerful in the next 5yrs. This isn't about Nigeria
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by RiceProducers: 11:10am On Apr 06, 2023
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by bukatyne(f): 11:41am On Apr 06, 2023
Zallotti:
Nigeria and BRICS

https://guardian.ng/opinion/nigerias-membership-of-brics/

When would Nigeria be deemed valuable enough to join the table?
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Horus(m): 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_x9yOCodps

BRICS Nations are ditching the US dollar

Ahead of the BRICS Summit, emerging market heavyweights - Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
are ditching the US dollar to trade with a common currency
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by MasterJayJay: 12:29pm On Apr 06, 2023
bukatyne:

When would Nigeria be deemed valuable enough to join the table?
Which Nigeria? Nigeria, where people use naira to buy naira.
Re: Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. by Hotice085: 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:

I've read your comments , you sound intelligent but you still have no idea of what you're talking about. All that I see is a dollar fanboy. It's normal. You're probably living in the US, and want the dollar dominance so that you can feel proud when you send small $1000 back home and have it in thousands of naira. Humans!!

You don't have any sense at all at all, a bush rat that is what you are.
if not for the dollar country is it Russia and China that would have allowed you access to the internet so as to come display your bush mannerism online?

Russians Chinese Indians Nigerians and worldover they send the Almighty dollar back home but🐀 rat like who are privileged to be living in a free world courtesy the west don't value what you have
Thunder fire you if you don't relocate to Russia China north Korea or Afghanistan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Biya Resigns As President Of Cameroon - Reports Afrique / Meet The Man Who Was Once The Most Powerful Gay Politician. / Hillary Clinton Farts During Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.