Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad (16093 Views)

My Husband Has 2 Children With His Spiritual Mother's Daughter / Identifying Children With High I.Q / Gloria Akuffo: I Had My Children With People's Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by scholes23(m): 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2023
Life nor balance
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by Basiliun: 7:14pm On Apr 04, 2023
EmekaStanley:
A lot of the things people do, they learnt from others.

You will see children with very responsible parents at home grow to become opposite of what their parents stood for. Something went wrong somewhere.

And most likely, the children spent time with the wrong people whenever they are not in the presence of their parents.

If you are doing a wonderful job at home as a parent, you must ensure that you know the kind of people your child associates with when he or she is not at home.

This is because they can become evil if they spend a lot of time with evil people in the streets, school or anywhere, when you are not there.

Firstly your child may abhor them, but if they keep coming at him, they may get him unless you are very aware of a danger such as this.

Then you can keep reminding that child why he or she should remain steadfast in being what you have inculcated in them. Then protect your child with every legal means.

David wasn’t oblivious of this, so he advised his son Solomon thus;

“Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of evil men. Avoid it; do not go on it; turn away from it and pass on”. Proverbs 4 vs 14-15 RSV.

When a person keeps passing the route of the wicked, at a point he might begin to think it’s normal and start walking in that same path. The best thing is to avoid it.

Encourage your children to speak out and give you details of how they spent their days. I am sure you will find out if they are mixing together with the wrong people.

Then you can nip them in the bud.

ES
Even the scriptures affirms this, ...........' evil communications corrupts good manner (1cor. 15;33)

1 Like

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by brutal1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2023
Look at your life outside. The people that carry the Gay thing for head are the ones you bastards ran to to come and help you. Why didn't you ask Russia that are anti Gay for help When we say your brain fluid is leaking you say no ...So how many people have they banned from entering their countries? Have they banned any of them You all have nothing to offer.
The truth here is that most of you have good parents but you just chose to be a bastard like me.
wanimo:
Tinubu is not a good parent, so we don't expect his children to be good either.

I heard one is gay, the other is a drug addict.... Well snake must born something long
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by Iamzik: 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2023
The fear of the Lord is to depart from evil.

There are two influences at play.
Influences around (parents, peers, friends, environment) and the innate character of the child.

Concentrate on building the inner character to withstand bad influences in the environment.
Watch the friend your child keep, be attentive to changes in his character as he grows. Bad company will always corrupt good manner if pressured long enough.

I learnt this from a teacher but those who are parents will be able to share practical experience.

I was fortunate to be surrounded by more good friends than bad and I always thanks God for this.

Even children from responsible parents can turn out bad but the the major problem today is that Children who refused home training are now parents themselves and you can't give what you don't have so the cycle continues.

2 Likes

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by ItisWell22(f): 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
Demonicus:
Cell phones says hi.

😂
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by brutal1(m): 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
So can we say your parents are stupid with this your post?? Or you are just a pedigree fool grin
wanimo:
Tinubu is not a good parent, so we don't expect his children to be good either.

I heard one is gay, the other is a drug addict.... Well snake must born something long
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by ivolt: 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
tommy589:
Sometimes it goes beyond learning bad behavior or good parenting. How come some children from useless parents surprisingly turns out well
Exceptions exist.

But if you check the people they associate with outside, you will likely find your answer.
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by spagettiluv: 7:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
drizslim:
As if being bad does n't pay.
Is druggie bola tinubu not president elect today?
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by thaoriginator: 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
Squirrel1:
Kids, please don't do drugs. Don't womanize, don't do alcohol. Obey your presents and try as much as you can to leave a responsible life.

Don't start something you won't be proud of in the years to come.

I know it's very hard to be desciplined in a society where rottenness is tolerated. But tell yourself the truth and stay desciplined...

Two cents from an experienced elder!
And don't hang around gun-tottin thugs

1 Like

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by YoungLionken(m): 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2023
The answer is simple; Curiosity and heart desires...

2 Likes

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by coputa(m): 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
EmekaStanley:

You will see children with very responsible parents at home grow to become opposite of what their parents stood for. Something went wrong somewhere.

And most likely, the children spent time with the wrong people whenever they are not in the presence of their parents.

If you are doing a wonderful job at home as a parent, you must ensure that you know the kind of people your child associates with when he or she is not at home.

This is because they can become evil if they spend a lot of time with evil people in the streets, school or anywhere, when you are not there.

Firstly your child may abhor them, but if they keep coming at him, they may get him unless you are very aware of a danger such as this.

Then you can keep reminding that child why he or she should remain steadfast in being what you have inculcated in them. Then protect your child with every legal means.

“Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of evil men. Avoid it; do not go on it; turn away from it and pass on”. Proverbs 4 vs 14-15 RSV.

When a person keeps passing the route of the wicked, at a point he might begin to think it’s normal and start walking in that same path. The best thing is to avoid it.

Encourage your children to speak out and give you details of how they spent their days. I am sure you will find out if they are mixing together with the wrong people.

ES
Evil is seen everywhere in the environment, not only in schools,
it's right there in your house vide; android phone and television.The best way to train chicken is to back your words with action.You should be the example of what you're preaching.when you tell a child to tell someone that you are not at home, when you are inside, the child will begin to doubt what you are preaching.Most wealthy people cannot tell their children the source of their wealth.

1 Like

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by Greatpoet(m): 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2023
Children are like House parties; sometimes you buy the best food and drinks, it still doesn't turn out well....

EmekaStanley:

ES
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by DjAduba(m): 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2023
Parents have to be real with their kids, give them proper Education, the rich African heritage (Culture with values). Discipline them and show how to love and care for humanity

1 Like

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by SeriouslySense(m): 7:29pm On Apr 04, 2023
Sure, although everything has its effects, its better to know the effects, and act in awareness, then being in oblivion.

and you are right before social media was the media on Tv and radio.

If only we know the effects of the environment, then we can be more careful and act responsibly, if we want to.

And if we want to be reckless, we can also be reckless. smiley. But it will keep getting worse, if we do so.

It seems a degrading environment eventually becomes unsustainable, and people flee to other safer places.
blingxx:

It has been happening for a long time before social media sir
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by tommy589(m): 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2023
ivolt:

Exceptions exist.

But if you check the people they associate with outside, you will likely find your answer.

Influence from different quarters mould children. But some kids are born naturally bad. The badness of their grandparents,not exhibited by their parents manifested in some I encountered.

1 Like

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by Fiscus105(m): 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2023
Peer pressure most especially during the time of youthful excuberant, it's a big factors that destroy life and destiny.

Many destroyed during this time, hardly recovered again in life time.

Another reason is devil/spiritual factors.

Meanwhile, though some parents are good, they refuse to train/displined their children for them not to go bad. (What I passed through, I don't want my children go Tru them)

2 Likes

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by incogni2o: 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
you cannot buy time.

Most Parents don't have time for thier Kids

A child will not turn wayward overnight
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by professore(m): 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
Nice topic
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by samuelson06(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
tommy589:
Sometimes it goes beyond learning bad behavior or good parenting. How come some children from useless parents surprisingly turns out well

It's still about parenting. God's word can't be broken. It says train your child in a way that he should go and when he grows up, he won't depart from it. When you look at spoilt children closely, you'll see how their parents contributed directly or indirectly to them going astray.
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by samuelson06(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2023
incogni2o:
you cannot buy time.

Most Parents don't have time for thier Kids

A child will not turn wayward overnight

Single parenthood is the worst: whether the parent is rich or poor.
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by zeuss: 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kiddogarcia:
To train a child man is really big deal, but what's your definition of bad children first.
Because smoking, drinking,not being religious is not part of it.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho

Chairman.
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by economania(m): 7:56pm On Apr 04, 2023
Over pampered yes reader
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by incogni2o: 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
samuelson06:

Single parenthood is the worst: whether the parent is rich or poor.

Hmm I beg to differ.

Ben Carson was raised by a single parent.

The mother had their time.

Simple
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by charly20(m): 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2023
Parents who are too strict with their children make them feel like birds in a cage such that a little taste of freedom makes the bird wander far away never to return.
Most children with strict parents are excellent liars and actors. They know how to give their parents" what they want to see".
Parents are supposed to be a reliable source of information to their growing children. If they cannot give the children the information they seek to satisfy their curiosity, they will find it elsewhere.

1) Encourage your boys to have a taste of alcohol in your presence when they are of age and let them know what excess does to them.

2) Teach your daughters the consequences of promiscuity.

3) Use the worse pictorial depictions to discourage from hard drugs. Point out real life situations if you must.

Anything they will hear from their friends, let them hear it from the house first so that it doesn't sound strange or "exciting"

The human mind has a weakness for novelty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by Amiee99(f): 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
I think it's mostly peer pressure. Every parent should ingrain contentment in their child and also ensure the child is well on his/her way to being dependent on their skills. Being confident in your abilities and harnessing them too.
Being contented ensures you do not do things you don't want to do because every one else does it. It's also normal to want to do certain inappropriate things but that moral fiber in you makes you hold back.
Personally, I've had times I wanted to do things my parents wouldn't approve of. Being the overthinker that I am, I easily loose interest cos my mind must have weighed the pros and cons and developed cold feet.
Being confident in yourself ensures that you always believe in yourself even if things are going right for everyone else and not for you.

3 Likes

Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by randymirrors(f): 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2023
drizslim:
As if being bad does n't pay.
Is druggie not president elect today?

You people can never prosper politically, it's not a curse. On threads that have absolutely nothing to do with Politics, you and your likes still find a way to drag the annointed one, Tinubu and make him the cause of your family's problems.
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
zeuss:

Chairman.

Abi now,I don't drink nor smoke tho, but I think people tend to overflog it as bad behaviour
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by brainycaleb(m): 6:00am On Apr 05, 2023
Children becoming different from their parents isn't uncommon. According to science, despite having the DNA of both parents coupled with their traits and feature characteristics, around 200 from each parents, making 400, they also have their own unique 400 genetic framework characteristics TOTALLY unrelated to either of both parents. Talking about the uniqueness of every living being on earth? You got it.
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by DrDunamis(m): 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

Accurately penned, but sometimes it's on the child too. Choices choices choices.
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2023
Exmilitant:
Depends on what you mean by 'responsible parents.'

1. The fact that daddy is a pastor and mummy is choir mistress doesn't mean they are responsible.

2. The fact that parents locks up their kids in the house all the time doesn't mean the children will all turn out good.

Life happens! Some children came to life fully fitted and equipped with evil doings irrespective of the home the spawn from.

The first person to tell me about cultism in '95 was Junior whose father was a chief Judge!

Strict, disciplined and responsible, Junior's father never let his kids mix with other kids in the neighbourhood. He was alway indoors. However did Junior knew about, cultism and smoking and masturbation is still a mystery.

by the way, schools are on a two weeks holiday but, i see kids on mufti hanging school bags and heading to 'lessons'.

Whatever are the gonna learn?

That's where it all begins!

You nailed it

there are parents who

1 who act in public to be good parent but indoors they let their kids do whatever they like hence you see their children getting confused of parents behaviour in public

2 those who never finding faults in other people kids and see nothing in theirs
Re: How Children With Responsible Parents Suddenly Becoming Bad by chudez0147(m): 11:54pm On Apr 05, 2023
Reelmii:
...bad company
Peer pressure
General curse
Karma,, either way the did to someone and they were cursed or wat their parents did in their youth that is affecting their children
You were making sense until you mentioned curse.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Estranged Husband Breaks Into Wife's House And Carts Away All Her Properties / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 / Help!my 11-year Old Niece Wants To Have S/E/X.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.