Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

Screaming Whenever Anything Of Slight Surprise Happens Shows A Lack Of Maturity - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Screaming Whenever Anything Of Slight Surprise Happens Shows A Lack Of Maturity (355 Views)

What Happens When You Whistle At Night? / Lack Of Sex Is. A Huge Problem In Nigeria / England Woke Up To A Headline Screaming Bodyline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Screaming Whenever Anything Of Slight Surprise Happens Shows A Lack Of Maturity by amigo1088: 9:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
I honestly don't know why this pisses me off so much, but it really does.

Maybe it's because of growing up with 2 older sisters who always had their friends round and they'd scream at ANYTHING, but I dunno, I genuinely get so annoyed when anyone does it though.

I just see it as such an attention seeking thing. Sometimes it's not even a surprise but people will scream at the top of their lungs in such an exaggerated manner because of something that is clearly not an actual threat.

I feel like some people have such a lack of any type of survival ability that they think they'll be saved when they scream? I don't know. Even when someone jumps out at me purposely trying to scare me or anything, I don't scream, I just jump... Like many other people do.

Like screaming should only be used in actual emergencies. It is used to get attention to call for help of nearby people. If you're in an office or a public place and scream from something so small, you're essentially crying wolf.

Why do people scream or startle so easily? It feels forced and a little childish to me. Obviously I'm not talking about kids, but fully grown adults. If you're an adult and the lights go out or something and yet you still jump out your chair and scream like you're about to be murdered... You need to sort yourself out. That isn't a natural response to something so small. It really does scream (ayyyy pun pun pun) of attention seeking and immaturity.
Re: Screaming Whenever Anything Of Slight Surprise Happens Shows A Lack Of Maturity by blaquebelle: 9:41am On Apr 05, 2023
Wow grin grin grin I was just attacked out of nowhere. Nice one op.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of The Nigerian Language Has The Highest Influence From English? / Eze Eberechukwu Oji Can Be King Even As His Father Is Still Alive - Aro Palace / You Always Eat In Your Dream ,very Sick And Weak ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.