Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,168 members, 7,835,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? (3160 Views)

Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? / When Should Parents Let Teenagers Make Their Own Decisions? / Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2008
lucabrasi:

well its not my fault if you don't understand or couldnt read it,all i know is that i v not made any grammartical errors so the inability to read it is with yourself
arranged marriage has evolved into a modern phenomenon in the asian community. its no more about forcing people to marry,its about educated,independent,focused male and female asian professionals in every field who are looking to settle down with someone of their ethnicity but have no time to do the whole trial and error search and gets their parents involved,i am educated and independent in every sense and i don't live in nigeria and so are many nigerians guys and girls,if we decide that we don't want to marry a white or non nigerian yet we can't meet a nigerian partner that ticks all our boxes if parents get involved and working by the kind of partner we want they come through wheres the negative in that?the statistics prove it is a sucess and looking for partners on our own is not as sucessful,just by looking at the dating section on here and also the diffrent experiences of heart aches/broken relationships on here shows that arranged marriage is better

Do you know we have something called punctuation marks? Full stop, comma, hyphen, dash, exclamation mark, question mark etc--- Your posts are hard to read is it better this way?.

1. Darling, you use a capital letter to start a new sentence.
[size=17pt]2. Comma isn't the only existing punctuation mark[/size]
3. At a point you need to put a full stop to your sentence and start a new one.

4. Who do you think need some English classes between us?
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by GoldFinch(m): 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2008
@post
I'm sure hell would not be going out looking for a husband for my son(s).

Them no get leg?

I can approve or disapprove after they've found her
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by lucabrasi(m): 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2008
michelin89:

Do you know we have something called punctuation marks? Full stop, comma, hyphen, dash, exclamation mark, question mark etc--- Your posts are usually so confused.

1. Darling, you use a capital letter to start a new sentence.
[size=17pt]2. Comma isn't the only existing punctuation mark[/size]
3. At a point you need to put a full stop to your sentence and start a new one.

4. Who do you think need some English classes between us?
awrite i see,thanks a lot for correcting my punctuations and all that its normally cause i don't really take a great deal of care when im on forums or social networks because its informal and im not out to please anybody neither is it a school work,now to your sentence
"your posts are usually so confused"
my posts are written by me and are not living beings,so they can't be confused,the correct sentence is "your posts are usually so confusing"
sweetheart hope you ll correct that yourself too grin
as for my style of writing,show me where i have written an incorrect sentence,and ill gladly correct it and you should take care to check your sentences as well so theres no hidden bullet,syntax errors on an informal forum is still forgivable smiley
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2008
lucabrasi:

awrite i see,thanks a lot for correcting my punctuations and all that its normally cause i don't really take a great deal of care when im on forums or social networks because its informal and im not out to please anybody neither is it a school work,now to your sentence
"your posts are usually so confused"
my posts are written by me and are not living beings,so they can't be confused,the correct sentence is "your posts are usually so confusing"
sweetheart hope you ll correct that yourself too grin
as for my style of writing,show me where i have written an incorrect sentence,and ill gladly correct it and you should take care to check your sentences as well so theres no hidden bullet,syntax errors on an informal forum is still forgivable smiley

No problem! I'll do that!
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by blackular: 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2008
Thats an 18th century question cos the answer is NO
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by naijabuai: 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2008
Gosh!!! thats a bad thing, the man is not blind, its an institution a man gotta open hin eye well.
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by ssRhino: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2008
Sometimes it cld be a good thing, cos there are some guys out there that have no idea what is good for them, so for such men, YES, but for other men that has their heads screwed well to their neck, Mama and Papa shd stay out it and let them make their choice.
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by lucabrasi(m): 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2008
$$Rhino:

Sometimes it cld be a good thing, because there are some guys out there that have no idea what is good for them, so for such men, YES, but for other men that has their heads screwed well to their neck, Mama and Papa should stay out it and let them make their choice.
yea right and thats why there are more than triple or more rates of divorce these days than in the old days
thats why most men or women dont do adequate researches into their prospective partner's families before marriage

at least its working for the indians,how has it worked for the white man or the average dude "who supposedly has his head screwed on to thier necks"seeing as they have left their parents out of it and married their choice how come the rate of divorce in the rest of theworld is going up while amongst the indians,chinese is stagnant or even going down in some cases??
how come the old school parents rarely divorce but sort things out amongst themselves
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by ssRhino: 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2008
lucabrasi:

yea right and thats why there are more than triple or more rates of divorce these days than in the old days
thats why most men or women don't do adequate researches into their prospective partner's families before marriage

at least its working for the indians,how has it worked for the white man or the average dude "who supposedly has his head screwed on to their necks"seeing as they have left their parents out of it and married their choice how come the rate of divorce in the rest of theworld is going up while amongst the indians,chinese is stagnant or even going down in some cases??
how come the old school parents rarely divorce but sort things out amongst themselves

That is simply because:
1~~ in the old days, the women dont eevn work, so they depends on the man for everything, now some babes ave more money than the husband sef, we have more stay home dada now than then.
2~~it is almost like a taboo then fro the woman to leave the husband house, cos when they do, they will have to go back to their mama and papa's house, not now, the babe also have her own house, before she married u and have her own money
3~~ the mothers will stay even when they are not happy, cos of the kids, but now, the kids will be the one to beg the mother to leave, cos home without happiness is iraqi with talibans.
4~~women are not even aloud to talk then, but now, women are respected and even more judge now in da court of law are ladies.
if you want more, i cld continue, all i am saying is that, time has changed and we cant compare those times and this time together.
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by lucabrasi(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2008
im not disputing all these but not all marriages in the old days went along these lines u just bullet pointed,the fact is that what makes most marriages crumble is people not willing to work issues out,if parents were involved right from the beginning then your wife or husbandwill think twice before doing some things and will also think twice before i.e beating the wife,cheating e.t.c

you say the world has moved on and i say to you that,the institution of marriage has lost its appeal since the old days when things were done diffrently true or false?if true then doesnt that say who is right or wrong?
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by ssRhino: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2008
lucabrasi:

im not disputing all these but not all marriages in the old days went along these lines u just bullet pointed,the fact is that what makes most marriages crumble is people not willing to work issues out,if parents were involved right from the beginning then your wife or husbandwill think twice before doing some things and will also think twice before i.e beating the wife,cheating e.t.c

you say the world has moved on and i say to you that,the institution of marriage has lost its appeal since the old days when things were done diffrently true or false?if true then doesnt that say who is right or wrong?

I kinda agreed with you, but how could a man always running to mama and papa when he and his wife is having a prob, likewise, how cld a woman learn how to be a wife, when she has to run home to mama at all times, and not all mothers have a good advice, so it is important that the man and the woman are able to handle their wahala, except if it is out of hand
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by komekn(m): 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2008
Using Asians and Indians as an example you will find that a lot of these guys and their wives fall into the high income bracket.(Rhino your comments on dependancy) The issue is more about value system and religious restriction and acceptance as well as the rejection of the western model.

I find that we are so quick to adopt all things western in the name of being upwardly mobile and progressive. In the UK I find our people have become more oyibo than the oyibos, rejecting substance for superficial sentimentality based on the lust of media imagery, basically rejecting the real for the make believe.

When a man seeks his companion based on the size of her bust and behind then what do you get a house of sand when the wind blows it wall fall. Consider women that seek men on the ability to have a 6pack and enough £££ and or plus prominence in the bedroom what do you get, flesh X flesh and no substance, it will fade and collapse.

I am not saying these things do not have their place, but in the scheme of things they are not the first consideration. What happened to integrity, honour, truth, righteousness, the ability to be a man, a husband, a father not a Bobo and of course the fear of God.

In a nutshell values are all twisted; we have replaced true love for lust. Nuff said.

Abraham sent his servant to seek a wife for his son, so it has biblical foundation so if my father who being led of God(HOLY SPIRIT) were to present a wife to me I would definitely 100% consider it. In my opinion I think it’s a good thing please, I am not advocating forced marriage. All parents should do this, so that some of us who cannot see for ourselves, can have those who truly, truly, love you seek and see for you. (assuming they can see properly, cause some parents are blind) grin shocked grin shocked
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by olukemih: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2008
If a parent object about a lady you intend, ask them why.

I believe they have good reasons that you may not see.

But you don't have to marry their propose girl for you

because you are to find your wife yourself to obtain favour from God

and not the other way round

All the best.

Cheers
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by ssRhino: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2008
olukemih:

If a parent object about a lady you intend, ask them why.

I believe they have good reasons that you may not see.

But you don't have to marry their propose girl for you

because you are to find your wife yourself to obtain favour from God

and not the other way round

All the best.

Cheers

Well said, however, most parents feel threatened when questioned, but time has changed, when we need to question and get answers.
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by onyinye2(f): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2008
@post

No, because i don't want to find my husband through his mother nor father. I want to be the girl he chooses. I want to know that he wants me because he chose me out of all the other women.
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by MrCrackles(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2008
what kind of rubbish is that?
anyway i trust my parents! grin
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by komekn(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
Onyinye,
Some people are drinking milk, some deh chop meat and others are cracking bone, onyinye you still deh drink milk – no vex , with time you will leave the milk, I pray. shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by onyinye2(f): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2008
komekn:

Onyinye,
Some people are drinking milk, some deh chop meat and others are cracking bone, onyinye you still deh drink milk – no vex , with time you will leave the milk, I pray. shocked grin
Who the hell are you?
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by lucabrasi(m): 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2008
$$Rhino:

I kind of agreed with you, but how could a man always running to mama and papa when he and his wife is having a prob, likewise, how cld a woman learn how to be a wife, when she has to run home to mama at all times, and not all mothers have a good advice, so it is important that the man and the woman are able to handle their wahala, except if it is out of hand
its not about running to mum and dad,on every issue,lets be honest even if you found dated and married your partner yourself,as a naija you will still prefer to reort her to the family you know rather than the police or divorce court and thats where the parents come in,if you r living in peace and harmony then their job is done but if there are arguments and fights then thats where their wisdom in resolvin issues comes in, you are right not all parents have good advice but remember you will have two sets of parents to advice you
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by iz2much: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2008
I think if my dad shuld choose for me, the girl must be assy and breastee
Re: Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son? by Obc1234(m): 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2020
Nah my mum go find wife for me

(1) (2) (Reply)

His Mom is A WITCH / Light Skin Black Women Discriminating Against Dark Skinned Women / Her Boyfriends'mom Want To See Her unclothedness Privately Before Marriage Approval.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.