Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, (1863 Views)

How Do I Politely Ask Her To Leave / How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? / Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
thatigbogirl4NL:
■ Thanks for the reminder. in the meantime
I do sales of clothing as a side hustle.
I just needed to go back to my 9:5 routine
1. You make good money from your side-hustle and have no real need for a 9-5? undecided
Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by thatigbogirl4NL: 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2023
Samantha124:
You sound too humbled and I have a feeling that you're married to a beast of a husband... grin grin grin

I'm guessing you're the kind of a woman most Nigerian men see as a wife material.

My husband is Nice person 💯 percent
Just like every other assertive Alpha male igbo Man.
They are very responsible and also in full control, often time. They might have the final say...
My dear the sky is blue 💙🔵 everywhere.
Men are Men... Almost the same. It is what it is.
I just want to stay in my femininity. I no get strength for wahala and arguments.

In my early 20s... I was a magret thatcher. ...
But now my name is humility fa

Else things no go work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2023
Are you happy with him though? If you don't mind me asking.
thatigbogirl4NL:

My dear, i have to eat the humble pie jejely
In my early 20s... I was a magret thatcher. ...
But now my name is humility fa

Else things no go work.

1 Like

Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by thatigbogirl4NL: 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
Samantha124:
Are you happy with him though? If you don't mind me asking.
Happiness is a social construct.
Everyone has a personal definition of what constitutes happiness for them
U have the key 🗝️ to your happiness.
Don't handover the keys to your happiness to someone else. Else you will remain miserable.

Back to your question. I am happy.
Very Happy... Since i decided to stay happy and avoid dramas. I have not being this hapier

5 Likes

Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2023
But are you happy with him as a couple?

Or you're always worried that you may disappoint or upset him?
thatigbogirl4NL:

Happiness is a social construct.
U have the key 🗝️ to your happiness.
Don't handover the keys to your happiness to someone else. Else you will remain miserable.

Back to your question. I am happy.
Very Happy... Since i decided to stay happy and avoid dramas. I have not being this hapier

1 Like

Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
thatigbogirl4NL:
Hello Fam
I am newly married.
Based in Abuja

I was in JOS in December 2022 for Christmas at my husband family house. Then back to Abua

We traveled back to Jos this February 2023 (2months ago) for our Church wedding 💍

My husband is compelling that i will travel 🧳 with him to Jos for Easter This April 2023

He Loves his parents dearly. Like our Anambra brothers usually do.
I Respect that Umunnem oo!

We are in April now. My husband wants me to travel 🧳 with him to Jos for Easter celebrations at the family house.

How do i tell tmy dear husband... I don't want to go to Jos this April
Since we will still travel to Jos in December 2023 For Christmas 🎁 by God's grace
My in-law are wonderful people.

I just feel i want to rest small, get a job. B4 December Travel to Jos for Christmas celebrations.

I even have a job interview online Easter Monday.

How do i convince my sweetheart Politely and Respectfully. Say make we no travel 🧳 now till December.

He typically does NOT take No for an answer
My husband na Alpha Male oo
Make una self me script a sweet convincing polite answer. I just weak oo since morning

You know him better than yd but we shall tips

1 tell him straight that you have a suggestion how you want to spend easter, remember its suggestion ( meaning you are saying what u wish and its up to him yo grant you that wish)

2 Tell him the reasons you want to be home you already said 2 rest and finding a job, you can add to that like just having easter the two of you, creating memories of your life,

3 Remember since you are newly weeds, it take time ti change from routines he used to go home every holiday, it hasnt registered yet to say he now has his home with a wife, let me give you an example when moved to UK i noticed that the first few years people would fly back home for holiday or fail to becoz its expensive, the main reason why they behave like that its becoz, of what we were used to every holiday you go to the village. The same behaviour when we moved abroad, instead of exploring europe its way cheaper

My point behavior is due to what one is used to

Aslong he allows you to voice your thoughts, just tell him you have a suggestion for easter if he had other plans
Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by oshonwambada: 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2023
TONYE001:
Will answer your question from my experience - will be 9 years in marriage in 4 months.

I really don't think of marriage as a special thing. Maybe it's because I handle everyone with utmost respect. I have always compared having a spouse with having a roommate. If my roommate wants me to go elsewhere with him and I don't want to, I just tell him, politely. This is simple and basic human conversation.

I won't advise you see marriage as one major issue. It'll only give you too much of headache. Love your husband, respect him (like you should respect other humans), care for him like you would others, support him.. Of course, he should be prioritized.

I don't know if I've successfully passed my message. Just tell hubby, tell him your reasons
.. Of course, politely.

Good luck, and may God continue to bless and prosper your home.
correct
Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2023
TONYE001:
Will answer your question from my experience - will be 9 years in marriage in 4 months.

I really don't think of marriage as a special thing. Maybe it's because I handle everyone with utmost respect. I have always compared having a spouse with having a roommate. If my roommate wants me to go elsewhere with him and I don't want to, I just tell him, politely. This is simple and basic human conversation.

I won't advise you see marriage as one major issue. It'll only give you too much of headache. Love your husband, respect him (like you should respect other humans), care for him like you would others, support him.. Of course, he should be prioritized.

I don't know if I've successfully passed my message. Just tell hubby, tell him your reasons
.. Of course, politely.

Good luck, and may God continue to bless and prosper your home.

rightly said

What i noticed in life, yes respect should be always there but also it suffocates, eg where men think he is the head of the house to be respected things have to go through him and it his decision

With my experience our roles by genders, birth,relation and marriages also
contribute to how we look down on
each other, instead if viewing each as humans, meaning how i have to be treated and not treated applies to the rest of the people than myself

Simply meaning, instead of treating wife as just wife treat her like fellow human, mother in law shouldnt treat daughter in law as such fellow female human being

Back to the story, hubby should treat wife as fellow human and understand she doesnt want to
go and reasons are truly valid becoz there were there recently

1 Like

Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by ibtommy(m): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2023
thatigbogirl4NL:
Hello Fam
I am newly married.
Based in Abuja

I was in JOS in December 2022 for Christmas at my husband family house. Then back to Abua

We traveled back to Jos this February 2023 (2months ago) for our Church wedding 💍

My husband is compelling that i will travel 🧳 with him to Jos for Easter This April 2023

We are in April now. My husband wants me to travel 🧳 with him to Jos for Easter celebrations at the family house.

Since we will still travel to Jos in December 2023 For Christmas 🎁 by God's grace

I just feel i want to rest small, get a job. B4 December Travel to Jos for Christmas celebrations.

How do i convince my sweetheart Politely and Respectfully. Say make we no travel 🧳 now till December.

Make una self me script a sweet convincing polite answer. I just weak oo since morning

Leave the "place" unwashed and let it ooze out. He go just waka. After him don waka, go wash am and sleep. Men could be so disgusting. Enjoy ya life.
Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by NoToPile: 10:11pm On Apr 05, 2023
How about just telling him normally.

These trips are they road trips?
Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by ProtectMyMoney: 10:32pm On Apr 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
before and leave the Saturday of so you don't miss the interview. undecided

So, with Wifi everywhere, can she not attend her video Interview from anywhere Jos inclusive?.

OP: follow your Husband, or go and join him there in Jos. Your reason to stay away is not strong enough.

1 Like

Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2023
ProtectMyMoney:
■ So, with Wifi everywhere, can she not attend her video Interview from anywhere Jos inclusive?. OP: follow your Husband, or go and join him there in Jos. Your reason to stay away is not strong enough.
1. Wifi everywhere where? undecided
Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by armyofone(m): 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Wifi everywhere where? undecided

Put two woods side by side and then tie rope put.
Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Apr 05, 2023
armyofone:
■ Put two woods side by side and then tie rope put.
The response shock me, no be small. Me wey I dey for US no fit even talk that one, na someone for Naija go claim Wifi Everywhere! undecided

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by colonelwealth(m): 12:20am On Apr 06, 2023
thatigbogirl4NL:
Hello Fam
I am newly married.
Based in Abuja

I like you already....you seem a respectful and well cultured lady.
Pls learn how to get to your husband's heart to get him do things for you...though it won't come instantly but you have to learn it.
Everyone has a key, find your man's key with playfulness, submission, subtile insistance and respectful negotiations and then prayers....you should be there, don't forget the food&bed room part grin grin
(I want to believe your reasons are genuie and you respect your husband's family)

Be careful with the advices you will be given here to you don't go setting your lovely home on fire.

1 Like

Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:54am On Apr 06, 2023
colonelwealth:

I like you already....you seem a respectful and well cultured lady.
Pls learn how to get to your husband's heart to get him do things for you...though it won't come instantly but you have to learn it.
Everyone has a key, find your man's key with playfulness, submission, subtile insistance and respectful negotiations and then prayers....you should be there, don't forget the food&bed room part grin grin
(I want to believe your reasons are genuie and you respect your husband's family)

Be careful with the advices you will be given here to you don't go setting your lovely home on fire.

come on

this is not like asking for something thats eg out of family budget, that you to sweet talk your better half

This basic suggestion on were to spend easter

If she can do this on just having an opinion what will she if she want eg a top up to buy an iphone 14 ?
Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by zedegit: 2:56am On Apr 06, 2023
thatigbogirl4NL:
Hello Fam
I am newly married.
Based in Abuja

I thought you meant how to say NO to his advances. I would have asked why you married him in the first place only to starve him.

Well for me, I would understand as long as you satisfy me both with food, your body and humility.

These are things you should have watched out for in courtship. Any thing you can't take in courtship, should either make you deal with it before marriage as it could divorce if not well managed.
Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by onumadu: 6:32am On Apr 06, 2023
thatigbogirl4NL:

Most of us Anambra men are Alpha males. Deal with it. grin
Like someone said already, it is too early to start testing your husband's willingness to bend backwards to your preferences in things like familial connections.
Most of us (rightly or wrongly) feel that newly married women come to put division in families, and you must not fall into that trap.
So, go with him to spend Easter with his parents in Jos.
Do this and live to fight another day.

1 Like

Re: Hello Married People, How Do You respectfully Say No To Your Husband Politely, by zeestone99(m): 10:14am On Apr 06, 2023
Billionaire2:
Women are their own worst enemies…

OP, you see those mischievous street dogs barking up there 👆, just because you used “no for an answer” to describe your sweetheart’s personality?? Those bitter dogs up there 👆 were/are never married. They don’t know what marriage is and they do not enjoy the fulfillment of heart that comes with building one’s own family. Your status now is what many of them fervently pray/wish for but it never came their way … avoid them at all cost .. and never take marital advice from their ilks.

Like I said, it’s too early to engage in argumentative discussions with your life partner just because of a weekend vacation….

Count your blessings!!
On that Easter weekend there are many mischievous men who would leave their spouse to spend holiday with the type of married-men daters like those up there calling your beautiful union a master slave …

They might never get married.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Put Toothpaste In Toilet Water And It Will Shock You / Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses? / Ikorodu Residents Working On The Mainland - What's The Secret?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.