Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

What Do You Think About This? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Do You Think About This? (1566 Views)

Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi / What Do Muslims Really Think About Clubbing? Western Vs Conservative Islam! / Think About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 1:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
I am a bit bored and dull today but I found this and thought I should share http://www.hijabstyle.co.uk/ grin
Re: What Do You Think About This? by zayhal(f): 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2011
Some of them are ok. Some are not so good. The job of the hijab is to be an outer wear to cover the adornments of a woman, anything short of this is no hijab!

Thanks for sharing anyway.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by zayhal(f): 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2011
The trend of things is really worrisome these days. You hear of people talking about hijab fashion parade, Muslimah's beauty contests and what not. Hijab is now taken to a new level. I was at a program few weeks ago and almost got distracted by the kinds of 'hijab' i saw our sisters 'adorned' in. Yes, adorned is the word. The 'hijabs' and their different adornments - pins, clips, hairbows and I don't even know the names - were more attractive than the dresses of some people.

It's really worrisome. Is it westernisation now or just fashion craze that is getting at us? We need to really be conscious of ourselves and our Islam all of the time, otherwise, one would just get swept away by the tide.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by deols(f): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2011
i thnk for pple wu are new to Islam or never used Hijab, its a good start up. With more da'wah, dey might improve on it. But, this is definitely not the best.

And about Muslims dressing stylishly in Nigeria. All i av to say is, not many ppl listen to lectures on hijab. It is somthn we grew up using nd neva saw

a reason not to be 'beautiful' in. Until we seek for proofs for what we do, and understand why w'r doin dem, the status quo will continue.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by mukina2: 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2011
changed my mind. smiley

@ maclatunji
thanks for sharing wink
Re: What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2011
What is the deal with this your mind changing Mukina2, care to share what you were going to say in the first place?
Re: What Do You Think About This? by mukina2: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2011
n, no need nevermind wink
Re: What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 10:32am On Sep 21, 2011
Ye don't want to be attacked! Ok then.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by muhsin(m): 10:34am On Sep 21, 2011
May Allah give all our Muslim sisters the courage and strength of covering their unclothedness. I have had numerous encounters with some sisters who most of the times complain on whys must they cover up? Boring and tiresome that is, they bitterly say. All that cause this and more "hard" feeling is nobody by Shaitan, may Allah curse him. Because of this kinda feeling, I know of many well-learned Muslimahs who dress so indecently. I feel ashamed. Look, for intance, what is today common to Arab Muslimahs. Hardly you see three but two of them wear lousy and so un-Islamic clothes. May Allah guide us to the right path, amin.ht path, amin.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2011
muhsin:

May Allah give all our Muslim sisters the courage and strength of covering their unclothedness. I have had numerous encounters with some sisters who most of the times complain on whys must they cover up? Boring and tiresome that is, they bitterly say. All that cause this and more "hard" feeling is nobody by Shaitan, may Allah curse him. Because of this kinda feeling, I know of many well-learned Muslimahs who dress so indecently. I feel ashamed. Look, for intance, what is today common to Arab Muslimahs. Hardly you see three but two of them wear lousy and so un-Islamic clothes. May Allah guide us to the right path, amin.ht path, amin.

2 keywords there.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by mukina2: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2011
maclatunji:

Ye don't want to be attacked! Ok then.
attacked ke. i can take care of me.

i just don't want a similar case like what happened when uplawal was active here. wink
Re: What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2011
mukina2:

attacked ke. i can take care of me.

i just don't want a similar case like what happened when uplawal was active here. wink

Exactly what I meant. I trust your Kung Fu skills anytime, anyday.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by mukina2: 11:13am On Sep 21, 2011
wink
Re: What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 8:59am On Oct 25, 2011
mukina2:

wink

Salam Mukina2, someone sent you a request this morning. Kindly respond to it. I need your help on something. I would have reached you by mail but nairaland does not have mail for we grin. Thank you!
Re: What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 11:36am On Oct 25, 2011
@Mukina2

Question: Is that me?

Answer: Yes!

I want to make an enquiry, kindly connect.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by mukina2: 11:44am On Oct 25, 2011
done smiley
Re: What Do You Think About This? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hey hey Mukina dnt just mention my name. cheesy
Re: What Do You Think About This? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2011
Some sisters will even wear hijab with thight trousers,while some will tuck in their hijab and their bosom which is really the purpose of hijab will be bulging out showing unmentionables,may Allah guide muslimas.The most crazy of all is how these our sisters tie ordinary scarf like its the one Allah specifically ordered women to use,i dnt even bother to say salam to them cos they dnt have islamic id for me to gladly say salam alaykum sis.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2011
The long free dresses are ok if worn with Khimar and dark underwears.but the rest not ok.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by mukina2: 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2011
uplawal:

Hey hey Mukina dnt just mention my name. cheesy
i did and you appeared! cheesy
Re: What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 9:04am On Oct 27, 2011
uplawal:

Some sisters will even wear hijab with thight trousers,while some will tuck in their hijab and their bosom which is really the purpose of hijab will be bulging out showing unmentionables,may Allah guide muslimas.The most crazy of all is how these our sisters tie ordinary scarf like its the one Allah specifically ordered women to use,i dnt even bother to say salam to them cos they dnt have islamic id for me to gladly say salam alaykum sis.

@bolded, Uplawal you need to relax. It is good to encourage people to improve in their Deen but there is something wrong when you as an individual want to start policing what they do or do not do particularly when they are not under your authority. If somebody did not bother to talk to you as an 'Unbeliever', would you be a Muslim today? You need to relax a little bit, go play a few video games and watch a few cartoons. grin
Re: What Do You Think About This? by mukina2: 9:52am On Oct 27, 2011
you try cheesy me i don tire for uplawal mata oh! cheesy
Re: What Do You Think About This? by olawalebabs(m): 10:27am On Oct 27, 2011
Those pictures are not truly representative of what Islam stand for in term of Wears (covering of the body). there is no room for compromise in islam.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2011
olawalebab:

Those pictures are not truly representative of what Islam stand for in term of Wears (covering of the body). there is no room for compromise in islam.

I get your point but you are not totally correct and I am not justifying the dress codes in that link- I am talking in general terms.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by olawalebabs(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2011
maclatunji:

I get your point but you are not totally correct and I am not justifying the dress codes in that link- I am talking in general terms.
This is just my personal opinion as you requested "WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS". My stand is base on an hadith where the prophet was reported to have said "Don't copy them (Yawud and Nasara), if you do, then you are one of them". Wa llahu Alam
Re: What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 11:50am On Oct 27, 2011
olawalebab:

This is just my personal opinion as you requested "WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS". My stand is base on an hadith where the prophet was reported to have said "Don't copy them (Yawud and Nasara), if you do, then you are one of them". Wa llahu Alam

In fact, we are not judging the same thing, there were some particular designs I saw on the day I posted- I think they have now been archived. My last post responding to you was addressing what you said about "Islam not having room for compromise." That statement can be easily taken out of context and abused that is what I wanted to address. Otherwise, I would have been silent.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by olawalebabs(m): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2011
I got you,what i mean by that statement is this. Islam unlike some other religion have standard which is laid according to the dictate of the Quran and hadith. This two is what i mean can't be compromise upon. other religion may want to be 'trendy' and make them introduce some concepts in. islam is not like that. i know of some church that do have 'Red carpet' session for any of their activities. I want to believe islam will not allow that.Wa llahu alam
Re: What Do You Think About This? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2011
@Maclatunji, but sincerely xtians and other umbeliever tie scarf,so how do i know if the person is a muslim,apart from the covering of one self from people you can marry,Allah specifically says we should wear islamic to be recognised as a muslim,if i dnt say salam to them,its not a sin on my part,and am not taking it far.The most annoying part is a lady once told me,Hajia, refering to me, then she said,she will never wear hijab,i just open my mouth unable to close it for minutes,she said,its not like is a taboo for her o,but she just would never wear it,shes so religious with her scarve with make up and bold earrings,infact, i was shocked and short of words,before i could say but Allah ordered us to wear it,she just shake her head,like who cares or even.And this kind of people are the ones that whenever a sheikh is reciting Ayah of the Quran during lecture,they are so quick to end the the ayah with the sheikh,so i think they are not ignorant of hijab verses,they are just arrogant towards Allah.

@Mukina,hope you are wearing your hijab now,may Allah make it easy for you.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by maclatunji: 8:42am On Oct 28, 2011
uplawal:

@Maclatunji, but sincerely xtians and other umbeliever tie scarf,so how do i know if the person is a muslim,apart from the covering of one self from people you can marry,Allah specifically says we should wear islamic to be recognised as a muslim,if i dnt say salam to them,its not a sin on my part,and am not taking it far.The most annoying part is a lady once told me,Hajia, refering to me, then she said,she will never wear hijab,i just open my mouth unable to close it for minutes,she said,its not like is a taboo for her o,but she just would never wear it,shes so religious with her scarve with make up and bold earrings,infact, i was shocked and short of words,before i could say but Allah ordered us to wear it,she just shake her head,like who cares or even.And this kind of people are the ones that whenever a sheikh is reciting Ayah of the Quran during lecture,they are so quick to end the the ayah with the sheikh,so i think they are not ignorant of hijab verses,they are just arrogant towards Allah.

@Mukina,hope you are wearing your hijab now,may Allah make it easy for you.

I think I am getting your point now. I also think we should take the time to elaborate more on our points because it is easy to misunderstand them.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 28, 2011
ok.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by tpia5: 4:01am On Nov 01, 2011
the hijab designer doesnt have a hijab on.

i seem to be the only one who noticed.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by Sweetnecta: 9:48am On Nov 01, 2011
^^ designers rarely wear their "top of the line", their couture.
Its not by force to wear HIJAB. It is a command.

people accept or reject command because of free choice/will to do so.

You are an apparent example; commandment to worship One God, by your free will, you have reject to worship in Trinity. See.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Turning Away From The Ignorant: / Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? / Is Sufi Chanting Part Of Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.